S9429183F

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always keep my finger nails short because it is one of the dirtiest part of our body and it increases the chance of having pimples smile.gif ( I have pimples and I regret that I have let my finger nails to grew long and unkempt for some years and now I'm trimming them regularly and I noticed a huge decrease of acne in my face)

I like long fingernails because I feel that they have more elegance, but they are very inconvenient for typing a lot or playing an instrument.

I'm a practical person and long fingernails give so much trouble. And my nails rip easily. Anyway I'm not allowed to have long nails at my job and it's uncomfortable to type with them or play the piano.

I would prefer long nails but I do alot.png of hands on stuff at work so I have to keep them short.

I prefer to have long fingernails. It makes a lot of things so much easier. I always let them grown until they get so long they brake and I cut them all so they're even. In third grade we were doing a circle activity and everybody kept complaining about my nails, LOL.

I prefer short fingernails. Since I started playing piano when I was eight, I've pretty much always needed to keep them trimmed as a matter of practicality there. When I started doing karate, it only became more necessary - making tight fists with long fingernails = ouch.

Since I've kept them cut short for so long, whenever I do attempt to let them get a little longer the feel of them really bugs me. And they're always getting nicked up, or torn, or getting gunk under them when I'm cleaning or working outside, or... :P

So yeah. I like to leave just enough of an edge that I can get a nail under things to pry them open, things like that, but mostly: definitely short nails for me.

Edited by Imbecamiel

Can't...stop...chewing...!

I bite my nails whenever they grow too long. It's nearly involuntary. I think I need help...

personally I prefer them short, but I always forget to trim them.

with them long, it's easier for dirt to get trapped in them, and they're too fragile for my liking.

Short, really short. I like to play piano, so it's more practical. :3 Additionally, thumbs up/clenched fists can be painful with long nails. laugh.gif

I've always chewed my nails, so I'm used to them short. However, recently I've been getting tips. Like featherpaw said, it's really hard to play piano with them! But they're pretty and they're helping me break my nail-chewing habit. And they aren't those giant tips, either. Just long enough so I can't chew my nails, but short enough to still be practical.

Medium-length. laugh.gif

I keep mine short. I don't like how long nails look and I can't do anything with them. It's a PITA to take out contacts, type, text...and they feel dirty and get caught on things.

Short fingernails... they don't get in the way when typing in the computer or when playing videogames.

Long. They never get in my way, and they only break if I let them get too long (which is gross anyway) or if I get careless and hit them really hard.

Short fingernails are awful. The tips of my fingers are really sensitive. Plus, even though dirt can get stuck under long nails, you can get the dirt out with long nails. I can never get dirt out from under my nails when they're short.

Besides, how on earth will I scratch my itches with short fingernails?

Short fingernails.

I'm one of the small percentage of people who don't think long nails are fashionable at all; more like a hindrance. I can't type right without them going *clackity-clack-clack* against my keyboard and scratching the letter's surface; I can't grip my pens well because it hurts when my nails presses against my palm; dirt gets into them easily; and while pushing up my glasses or brushing away my bangs, I tend to scratch my face.

But I try not to keep my fingernails too short, since I still need them for opening ledges and stuff, like a can of soda. So, I suppose I just don't want my nails growing longer than a couple of millimeters.

I prefer short nails, but right now I am growing them out long.

-like a can of soda.-

See, with my nails, any length that goes past the white area of the nail will bend and snap while trying to open soda cans.

So I have ridiculously short nails. I bite on that white tip until it isn't there, just like I like it.

EDIT: typo

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Besides, how on earth will I scratch my itches with short fingernails?

using a different motion. using the back of your fingers can be just as effective with short nails.

I'm one of the small percentage of people who don't think long nails are fashionable at all; more like a hindrance. I can't type right without them going *clackity-clack-clack* against my keyboard and scratching the letter's surface; I can't grip my pens well because it hurts when my nails presses against my palm; dirt gets into them easily; and while pushing up my glasses or brushing away my bangs, I tend to scratch my face.

Never cared what is fashionable - I simply have relatively long fingernails because I find them convenient. rolleyes.gif

I've strong nails, so these won't break, either. I think these currently are at some 5-6 millimeters, a bit shorter on the pinky, but they've been longer. What is interesting, I can't tell of a case where my nails would have gotten in the way - I type all the time, tens of pages per day on occasions, and I simply can't relate. For my nails to even touch the keyboard's surface, I'd either have to hold my fingers at a rather uncomfortable angle - uncomfortable to the point they start hurting if the position is maintained - or lift my wrists up from the surface (the table next to the keyboard) those rest on - and then my arms would tire before I get my work done. I've also played piano, and... *shrugs*

In addition, I can open cans and various packets with ease -often, even other people have asked me to open things for them -, peel oranges, what have you. Drawing? Does not get in the way, and I draw quite often. Curling my hands into fists? Doesn't hurt - it is the flats of my nails which rest against the palm, at least in my case. On top of that, handling small things, such as picking a needle up, would be a pain without the nails. Never accidentally scratched myself or others. (In my experience, short nails are actually somehow sharper.)

Plus, the nails have repeatedly spared my fingertips from being hurt quite badly.

(And how does using the backs of one's fingers help with scratching? There's nothing there what can help with it.)

I think my fingernails are probably considered long but I'm not really sure. The whites are about 3-4mm long depending on the nail(my pinky nails are always ridiculously long for some reason). They are good for scratching and good for nose picking. When I cut all my nails down to really short one time it really sucked.

Short nails.

But my nails grow really quick so they are always long and it gets really annoying and I keep accidntly scratching my friends DX

Long fingernails are good for opening things and cleaning under your other nails, but mine break really easily so it's just annoying. And they often get a bit jagged, so that it hurts when I itch, especially around my eyes.