bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Oh come on, give me a break. What'd it last, two hours or something that time? Ugh.

It's because nothing's being done to take care of the problem because Agrona isn't around, and there's only so much I can do when it's actually her account. Which doesn't make it any better, but believe me, I'm at least as frustrated with it as you are.

Thank you, again, bbik! It seems fine this morning from here, *knocks on wood* and I hope Agrona will be able to make it a permanent fix for your sake! You do know we really appreciate all you do to keep this site going! <3

I'm sorry to see you and Agrona are having so much trouble, bbik, and I hope you can get it fixed forever. I know real life keeps you busy, and I love your site and appreciate you and Agrona keeping it up.

Just had AVG block this for me, I believe this is the first time in years an anti-virus program has actually helped me... I'm glad I stuck through all the false positives all these years. biggrin.gif

Seriously though this is ridiculous, if it's so easy to break into this site then I'm really not comfortable using it. Looks like I'll keep using DragHatch and Valley Sherwood (at least until those sites get hacked... sad.gif )

I suspect that the point of these attacks may be precisely to make people using AOND go elsewhere, to some other site, and even just for that reason alone, wouldn't stop using AOND, even if it wasn't a fabulous site I depend on.

ANY site can be hacked and nothing on the internet is secure, but bbik is wonderful at keeping up with things, (even though horrendously busy,) and I have endless faith in her ability to cope even with whatever idiocy can be done by the idiot doing it, not that it would be her fault if she couldn't, but that of the perpetrator.

I suspect that the point of these attacks may be precisely to make people using AOND go elsewhere

I doubt it. I think they (the hackers) are just using it as a site a lot of people go to, as a vehicle to get their malware out. Who would want to make AoND's traffic go elsewhere? Other fan sites? For what motivation? It's not like the fan sites are getting rich off people using them.

Thanks for the fix bbik. I hope you and Agrona can find a permanent fix to the trouble is hacker is causing to the site once and for all.

I agree with Syphoneira. The first point is a very good one. I don't want to point names or anything, though, so I'm just going to say good luck bbik and Agrona. Hopefully this mean hacker will stop soon. :I

I suspect that the point of these attacks may be precisely to make people using AOND go elsewhere, to some other site, and even just for that reason alone, wouldn't stop using AOND, even if it wasn't a fabulous site I depend on.

ANY site can be hacked and nothing on the internet is secure, but bbik is wonderful at keeping up with things, (even though horrendously busy,) and I have endless faith in her ability to cope even with whatever idiocy can be done by the idiot doing it, not that it would be her fault if she couldn't, but that of the perpetrator.

This, I agree. And if it is the owner of another fan site trying to divert business - that totally sucks. I shall stick with AOND and the one other I use - and it seems AOND cannot connect to dragcave to day... Another attack ?

and it seems AOND cannot connect to dragcave to day... Another attack ?

valleysherwood was also having problems, so I suspect network issues. Both work now, though. smile.gif

I had no trouble with valleysherwood...

I had no trouble getting on this one today.

So what's the news on this site? Is it safe to go here again?

Everything seems to have settled and it should be perfectly safe. I would advise you to have some sort of virus protection in place anyway because any site you visit could be infected.

Oh I do have virus protection. It was just unsettling to see it pop up when I visited this site when it had problems.

So what's the news on this site? Is it safe to go here again?

Yeah, it should be good. We managed to take care of a few things a couple weeks ago, and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't instantly be proven a fool by posting "Hopefully it's fixed!" too quickly, but it's been long enough now that I'd say it worked. Looks like I got my birthday wish after all. smile.gif

Yeah, it should be good. We managed to take care of a few things a couple weeks ago, and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't instantly be proven a fool by posting "Hopefully it's fixed!" too quickly, but it's been long enough now that I'd say it worked. Looks like I got my birthday wish after all. smile.gif

Belated happy B-day!

Hope you did something fun somewhere among all the busy!

Site is down for me - is it just me?

It took three tries, but I did get in. I was worried for a bit there.

It took three tries, but I did get in. I was worried for a bit there.

I tried again (and again) and finally got on as well.

Can I just say it's always a charm to be able not to add ER dragons to the ER? I'm a bit unreasonably aesthetically picky about my unique-view:view ratio and ERs tend to skew it, so I prefer not ERing things if I can help it (even if they can be). happy.gif So, thank you!

I agree with Pinkgothic there. I love that this site does not automatically ER my eggs. I have a Shimmer egg that I am watching very closely right now because several of the sites I have it on have automatically put it in the ER and I am afraid it will get sick. I much prefer to choose for myself if and when to ER my eggs!

Just wondering if the main hatchery Viewing page seems to be refreshing normally for everyone else?

I had the little viewer on AOND entry page running for some hours (didn't really check it though, as one can't clean there) while I gave some other fansites some Views, and then, when I switched them off and there wasn't the strain on the puter, put the main AOND Viewer, on, clicked on the hatched and adults to help clean them out, and went 'off' to do some stuff, including having supper, and didn't go back for some time.

Then I started cleaning in the hatchery just now and noticed that the hatched/adult dragons all looked the same, and it doesn't seem to be refreshing on that page...

Edit: never mind, seems to be working fine, but will leave this up in case this is something periodically occurring to multiple people who may not notice with the Viewer running in the background.

Edited by Syphoneira

Must have been a glitch as I was able to get on and put my scroll on it just fine.

Edited by Jedi40

I agree with Pinkgothic there. I love that this site does not automatically ER my eggs.

I agree too. However, I wish we could un-ER them as easily. At least once I've accidentally ER'd an egg or hatchie, then had to cancel a trade they were in so that I could fog and remove them from the ER.

Edited by Cielmuir