bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

It's not exactly down, it just has hiccups due to capacity issues. Just try again a few minutes later when it doesn't feel like cooperating at first.

It's annoying me too I get the page to load after about 4 refreshes then go to get the dragon code to ER and between then it ends up on the Service Unavailable page again. Well at least i the ER page reloaded properly after a few refreshes.

Now this one won't load up or is it just me?

Now this one won't load up or is it just me?

It's working fine for me.

Must be just me then. It keeps refreshing on me and then times out.

Not that I mean anything bad with this, but guys there's to many of you, clicking the eggs. My bronze got sick in less than an hour after I've put it in the hatchery.

Don't put it there too early. Most eggs get sick when gaining stats already within the first 12 hours of their life.

Thanks for the tip. I do usually put my eggs in another hatchery and I never had any issues but other people told me that their eggs died or got sick quite often from being bombed with views in this hatchery (I was told this today after I had to fog my egg).

I have never had an egg get sick from using this hatchery. I don't put them in until they are 12 - 15 hours old and they are fine.

Maybe it's just because it was still a bit early or simply because it's the over sensitive little bronze eggy smile.gif Thanks for the tips

I have gotten some of mine sick when I first joined and put my eggs in to many fan sites without knowing what would happen to them. Now I always fog any new eggs I get so it won't happen again.

I have two friends (German and Austrian) whose scroll names have a '&'. Until yesterday they could use your site, no problem. Now it's not possible anymore. They just get the message 'The scroll for m&m could not be found. Please make sure you typed the name correctly and that the scroll is not hidden.'

This was one of a few fansites they could use, now not anymore?

They can not just change their scroll name, so can you please reintroduce the possibility to use those 'special signs' in scroll names?

Is one of their scrollnames really m&m? Because that one does appear to be hidden or not existing ...

My scrollname contains a space, so the URL for it uses some URL encoding, like "Ruby%20Eyes"

When your friends look at the top of their scroll, the box labelled " If you would like to show your scroll to others, give them the following link:" should contain the URL encoded version of their username after /user/ - using this URL encoded string works for my name in AoND, maybe it works for theirs, too?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It's always been m&m and it has always worked with m&m, until yesterday that is, around lunchtime. I checked it for them from time to time when they were away, it's always been no problem before. Really sad, now they have no place to add their scroll, just adding single eggs/hatchlings is annoying.

And their scroll is not hidden at all, just the owners name when looking at the dragons, I think.

Edited by lilysally

Until yesterday they could use your site, no problem. Now it's not possible anymore.

I haven't changed anything with the site, so they should still be able to use it same as before. However, I did notice just before going to bed last night that the "Show fogged dragons?" option was reliably and quickly returning that error, even though it worked without that option checked. Both methods seem to be back to normal this morning, though. Were your friends using that option? Is it working for them again now, or are they still having problems? If they are still having problems, could you let me know their scroll names so I can look into it? PMing is fine, if you'd rather not post publicly.

Sent a PM to bbik, thanks.

Yes Ruby Eyes, the scroll was never visible that way. But it could be added to 'some' fansites. And logging on is still possible, I just tried (we have each other's login info).

http://dragcave.net/lineage/uJ6im - if you go to view, you see the owner's name

Edited by lilysally

Logging in is one thing. However, if the scroll is hidden to regular users, it will always be hidden to fansites as well - the API takes care of that.

Since you have access, you could have a look to see if this little checkbox is checked:

http://abload.de/img/accounthidescrollrzkbs.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If it could be added till yesterday and nothing was changed, why should it be hidden now? Anyway, I checked and it's not hidden.

I'm working in IT, and I'm usually well-advised not to trust sentences like "I didn't change anything!" wink.gif So thanks for checking smile.gif

Did your friends ever report to TJ himself about this scroll hidden-despite-not-hidden thing? The scroll not being found on fansites might also be an API thing, so maybe he could have a look there, too.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Scroll not found is nothing new, and no problem either. Not being able to enter it to AND is new.