bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

...it's definitely something to look into...

I think I've fixed (aka, worked around the API bug) the stuck hatchling issue. Thanks to Ruby Eyes for finding me an example to test with. But please, anyone, let me know if you see something that seems to be reacting weirdly! ERs getting cleaned out prematurely, non-ERs not being removed in a timely fashion, etc.

I'm getting a 404 error when I wasn't 5 minutes ago. still able to load forums, facebook, etc.

I'm getting a 404 error when I wasn't 5 minutes ago. still able to load forums, facebook, etc.

It's working fine for me.

is working now. just a random glitch I guess.

I'm glad it is working for you now smile.gif

Just wondering about something: AOND has a great ER and it's not that unusual to come in and find a fair number of hatchies in the egg ER, if you hit a spot just after a bunch of eggs happened to hatch, but so far, while 90 - 100 people were listed as being on, four loads have had more hatchies than eggs, and I started to wonder a bit when one of those times, I hit the bottom cleaning my way down, with everything still appearing to be normal, only the 'dragon appears here' page was blank except for

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at www.coup-detat.info Port 80

Now, the number of dragons in the egg ER has gone down from (I think) about 490-odd to saying it shows ( 96 out of 348 ), so removal seems to be functional right this minute, but I was just wondering if there might be some periodic issue going on?

I'm probably paranoid after that horrible time a DOS or whatever you call it deprived us of AOND, lol, but I thought I'd mention, just in case...

That way, maybe people will post anything unusual they might notice and any problem that might possibly be starting get caught before it worsens.

The site-cleanup seems to have stopped working at least some hours ago.

There is an unusual amount of adults in the nursery, and hatchies in the daycare that are several hours old.

I have been seeing this for a few days...all places where dragons load has this text at the bottom a lot of the time.

try { var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-11616282-2"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}

It will load in the ER window and the 2 view givers at the bottom of the pages and in the little 5 windows on the AR page too....everywhere. Then sometimes it just goes away. Then after awhile it comes back again. When it is there...it is the first thing that loads before the eggs and hatchies load.

Just a heads up...

Zylara

Does the situation seem normal to everybody else? unsure.gif

I'm just wondering why nobody else seems to be worried about it.

(Apparently many users are helping with manually keeping the ER clean, but the Non-ER sections are too big for that, so there are hatchies with - for example - 6d 16h in the egg section, and the hatchie section has many more adults than it used to have when the auto-cleanup was working.)

[Dec 17: Looks like it's working now. smile.gif ]

Edited by Confused Cat

Does the situation seem normal to everybody else? unsure.gif

I'm just wondering why nobody else seems to be worried about it.

(Apparently many users are helping with manually keeping the ER clean, but the Non-ER sections are too big for that, so there are hatchies with - for example - 6d 16h in the egg section, and the hatchie section has many more adults than it used to have when the auto-cleanup was working.)

Hmm, actually no it doesn't. Come to think of it a few weeks ago there were very few hatchies and adults still left in the nest, but now there's dozens at each refresh. The ER has a similar problem except that more people manually clean it out, for example I just removed about 100 hatchies from the egg section in the ER

[Dec 17: Looks like it's working now. smile.gif ]

Yep, seems fixed. Maybe some server administrator had to kick some scheduler to work properly ...

Yep, seems fixed. Maybe some server administrator had to kick some scheduler to work properly ...

Yeah, basically. There was some confusion which resulted in it being accidentally turned off, rather than updated. It should be good now. Thanks for pointing out the problem. smile.gif

Oh, and Zylara, I'm not sure what to tell you there, beyond waiting for the page to finish loading. That's something from the visitor tracker (external), rather than anything I have direct control over, beyond to remove it completely if it becomes a problem. But if you sometimes see it and sometimes don't, and it goes away eventually anyhow, it sounds like there might just be a bit of lag in the loading from the external site.

Edited by bbik

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT IT!

unsure.gif

xd.png

The main site works for me, but adding dragons gives me the same error message as Syphoneira noted.

Same for me.

I just got the daycare page. I'm trying to load my scroll with no additional options checked, but it's really taking its time.

315 ER patients and 32,136 Daycare youngsters.

ETA: Got to my scroll page, but when I tried to add, i got this message:

Service Unavailable

I'll try again later.

Edited by dragongrrl

I just got the daycare page. I'm trying to load my scroll with no additional options checked, but it's really taking its time.

315 ER patients and 32,136 Daycare youngsters.

ETA: Got to my scroll page, but when I tried to add, i got this message:

I'll try again later.

How are there even that many eggs seriously what the fudge