bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Hmm, if it's Chrome-related (the ER and AR pages not refreshing), then next time I have an experiment or an ER egg, I will try loading those pages in a different browser and see if that helps. Was disappointed to miss helping a friend's ND experiment today because my Chrome-loaded AR was still stuck huh.gif

As for the refresh issue, it sounds like it may be specific to Chrome, and I don't currently have access to that browser to test. It is very odd that it seems to be tied to JavaScript, though. Could you guys let me know if you notice it has gone away, as well?

I have been having problems with the auto-refresher for the past couple weeks as well, and I am on Safari. I only just decided to check in and see if anyone else was having problems. I tried turning off Javascript, as sheppardkid mentioned, and it worked then, but of course, that means missing out on Javascript features of your website, like the clocks.

I have a quick question, because I noticed there was a change. It USED to be that at exactly 30 minutes left the "Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in:" 0 days and 0 hours, I think. I never really paid attention to exactly what it meant.

I have fogged eggs that seemed to have gained time --- my ND experiment was to be at 7:02:14 --- however that is it about 3.5 hours and it shows it has 7 hours left. I am watching it to see what it changes from 7 hours left to 6... but I need to know, when it changes is that the top of it's hour? As in, when it changes from 2 hours left to 1 hour left, is it really 1 exactly hour left.

Help?

As in, when it changes from 2 hours left to 1 hour left, is it really 1 exactly hour left.

Help?

Yes, the time is now accurate. So when it changes to 1 hour left, that is exactly what it has left. No more 30 minute additional.

Yes, the time is now accurate. So when it changes to 1 hour left, that is exactly what it has left. No more 30 minute additional.

Thank you!!! I figured out that 2:40 exactly was added to all the eggs. *whew* --- I was worried I wouldn't be able to do this batch! xoxoxoxox

Allure appears to be down.

It's up for me but is very slow.

It's been up and down for me today. Once or twice I got an error message mentioning site overload. If you look at the number of growing in there, they might be a victum of their own success.

I did get in, but it looks like there are about 43,000 dragons growing on the site where 20-30,000 seems to be the normal range! blink.gif I'm doing a lot of cleaning right now.

Starting from 18 Feb AonD doesn't generate correct scroll statistics when "Hide adults on scroll" option is set in a user profile.

Bug report submitted.

PS. Something is fishy with DC API. Got same buggy scroll stats from "Eggs around the world" site.

Edited by Fsaber

Ok here goes, let me see if I can give my thoughts on this Breeding Tracker.

1. Yes I would like to be able to see the gender of the dragon.

2. I would use it to track my dragons that I give specific mates to, so for me it would be useful to see a list of refused mates as well as a list of current mates.

3. I would like to go with option 3C so that I can see the most successful outcome that my pair of dragons had had, as long as that also had a date to show how long ago the preferred outcome had happened.

4. I would go with option B although it wouldn't be necessary for me to know the code just the breed of the egg.

5. If possible I would like to be able to see all dragons of a specific breed on one page, e.g. all of my Magma dragons would show together on one page but all of my Thunder dragons would show on a different page. If this is not possible then I would go with the second option where the dragons would show one at a time.

I hope this was helpful input for the project smile.gif

Just my imagination, or does it seem that AoND's chat is a bit... empty? Makes me worry for my future experiments. tongue.gif

Starting from 18 Feb AonD doesn't generate correct scroll statistics when "Hide adults on scroll" option is set in a user profile.

Bug report submitted.

PS. Something is fishy with DC API. Got same buggy scroll stats from "Eggs around the world" site.

I also noticed this problem. EATW and Egg drop soup have the same thing...it is an issue on all sites. If a scroll has adults hidden, then the scroll info of all sites with the ability do not pull up anything but the growing eggs and hatchies.

This also makes any and all scroll banners not show anything except for growing eggs and hatchies. Is very annoying, but I am guessing a change was made that stopped this stuff from working.

Another issue I have been having for quiet some time with AoND...and this has been months. I just keep forgetting to come in and post about it. I tried again last night to update my influences and incubates. Incubate works fine when you scroll down and select "List My Dragons" button....but when selecting this for adding in influences...and go check all your pinks...it does not update. I sorted by breed then went and counted and my influences were off by 4 males and 4 females...and "List My Dragons" option will not add them in. I had to hunt through 44 females and 43 males and find out which ones were not in my tracker list. Maybe it is an issue with the number I have of them...I dont know, but with over 120 reds, "List My Dragons" worked fine for incubate. If any help is needed with testing this, just PM me on the forums.

One other thing that prolly needs to be changed with AoND having so many listings now is, pages like:

ND ER

ND Daycare

the Scroll page when adding your scroll

I think those are the only 3 pages that load ERs and other growing dragon that are not ER at the bottom...while it is already loading ERs or ERs and other non-ER dragons in a box or window already. This makes it take quiet awhile to add in your scroll...it loads the bottom part first...then when that is done it tries to load your growing items and the ER/growing dragons in the window at the same time and seems to be taking longer and longer to get your scroll added. I "give views" because this is one of 3 sites I use all the time. But it is getting to where it takes longer to get your scroll added. I just dont think the dragons need to load in a window and at the bottom both. During Holidays when everyone is trying to use the site...it gets even worse. Might just be partially due to my pre-historic hard drive...but I am betting I am not the only one having issues with this.

Yes, I'm double-posting. I want to be able to link this specific chunk of text directly, though, and a separate post is the easiest way to do it.

For the Breed Tracker:

• 1: Do you want to see the gender of the adult you're tracking?

So far, I have one vote sure, one vote don't bother, and one vote neutral. That's not much to go on.

• 2A: Do you want to see only a list of which mates refused?

2B: Or a list of refusals, plus the current mate and the result of their latest breeding attempt?

2C: Or do you want a list of all mates?

• 3: If you want a list of all mates (2C), how should the result be shown?
    • 3A: Only the most recent outcome with each mate?
    • 3B: Save all results, giving you a running list of each recorded breeding attempt?
    • 3C: Or with a sliding scale where you work up to having an egg eventually?

For example: Attempt 1, you get no interest, so that result is saved. Attempt 2, they breed, but don't produce an egg. That is closer to an egg than no interest, so it overwrites the previous result. Attempt 3, they again show no interest, but since they bred once, this latest result is ignored in favor of Attempt 2's result. Attempt 4, they finally breed an egg, so that result is saved, and from now on, that's what those two dragons will show, since it has happened at least once.

• 3D: Some other way entirely? If you have other ideas/preferences, let me know that as well, and maybe I'll be able to work them into one ideal solution.
  • 4A: If you want to track whether or not an egg was produced, do you only want to know that one was/wasn't?

4B: Or do you also want to know the breed and/or code?

• 5A: Do you want to have all of your recorded dragons showing at once? Depending on the choices for questions 2 and 3, this could quickly grow very long.

5B: Or would you rather be able to pull up each individual dragon's info as you need it, one at a time?

• 6+: Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have?
Please share your ideas and desires! I need to know what you would like to see, what you would find useful! The more details you give me, the better the resulting tracker will be.

Suggestions for the Breed Tracker:

1. Yes, it would be very nice to see the gender of the adult we are tracking.

2. As far as the mates go, I actually have a couple of requests here. First of all, it would be very nice if none of the dragons that had refused show up at all, and perhaps a secondary option to show only those. Also, Some of my dragons are life mated; I know I'm not the only one that does this, and it would be awesome to have the option of setting one specific, dedicated mate. This could be done one of two ways: either typing in the dragon's code which you want to designate as the life mate, or as a check mark/bubble selection option when recording an attempted breeding. On the display of potential mates: Would it be feasible (and more importantly, practical) to display them as tiles with the names under them like they are displayed on the Alternate Custom Sort page? I realize that some people have 1k+ dragons and this might be a little harsh on the site resources, which is why I am asking if it's practical. This layout, however, would do several things at once that would be highly beneficial: it would show us the breed and the name of the dragon in a very easy to reference way that minimizes the impact on resources with the use of very small pictures. Just a thought.

3. I personally would prefer the option to customize this for each pair. I know this means more work, but I would really like to track my rare breedings to see what the success/fail rate is - which would also be awesome to have (think spreadsheet averages, calculate first success/egg vs fail/no egg, the further calculating ratios for breeds of eggs produced).

4. I would very much love to see the breed, code, and date bred for each successful egg, and perhaps even the gender of the adult.

5. Out of both necessity and convenience, I would have to say we should have to select a dragon to view to access any records. You could always work out something later to show general breeding statistics for a scroll overall, but for now I feel getting the breeding tracker online for basic use would be a more logical first step. That being said, it would be nice if we could do this either by entering the code directly or using a selection method similar to the one I referenced above.

6. Hmm... I think I have covered everything but I will try to recap a bit, just to be sure: detailed lists of successes and failures complete with dates and basic info on any resulting dragons, statistics about how frequently a dragon breeds at all as well as the ratios of what breed of egg they produce when successfully bred, the option to designate a dragon as a life-mate so that we do not have to keep selecting that dragon every time we wish to record a breeding attempt, and perhaps later on the ability to save these statistics in some way to our computers. That would be incredibly awesome. This would probably be way too much work, but if there's any way you could make it happen that would be awesome: viewing results by certain unrelated criteria, such as month or year - or in other words, being able to hide some results without their information being excluded from the statistics (if that's ever included). I'm not sure how often this would be used, but it would also be nice to have to option to delete entries in the record, perhaps more for the sake of completion than anything else, but hey who knows, it might come in handy at some point.

Thank you very much for asking for input on this & even more so for deciding to tackle this project. I can't wait to see what you come up with. smile.gif

I've had the same issue! Only, I've discovered that if you turn javascript off then it refreshes just fine. blink.gif

*EDIT* I use Chrome too.

*EDIT 2* I've noticed it being weird like this for at least the past few days. I think specifically it was Saturday or Sunday when I first noticed it.

Just dropping in to say that this is still occurring. The auto-refresh won't work if javascript is left on. Turn it off and it works fine.

What happened to the auto cleaner?

I am glad to say that it seems to be back to normal this morning.

I am unsure what is going on, I don't seem to be getting very many views right now... with the site

I am unsure what is going on, I don't seem to be getting very many views right now... with the site

It's quite a bit fuller than "usual" right now probably due to the recent new release and that will cut down on the number of views each individual entry might get.

Edited by rubyshoes

I'm not sure, but I noticed it seemed to be acting up last night, as well, and when I woke up this morning, but the next time I looked it was fine. It's probably time to make some modifications I've been putting off, but not having them shouldn't be breaking the cleaner... I'll keep an eye on it for a bit and see if it behaves still, and if so, we'll just call it a random glitch.

Just dropping in to say that this is still occurring.  The auto-refresh won't work if javascript is left on.  Turn it off and it works fine.

Since it still sounds Chrome-specific, and since I'm not finding anything online about Chrome having a bug like this or workarounds for it, I don't really know what to say or do, beyond hope that it goes as randomly as it came. I wish I could give a better report!

Bug report submitted.

I know I responded to a bug report about this, but just so everyone knows I've seen the post, I'll reply here as well.

Yeah, that's a change with the DC API, so not something I have any control over. sad.gif

Is the site down right now, or is it just having issues communicating with DC? When I go there all I get where the dragons should be is a message saying "Sorry, something went wrong while preparing the dragons for display. Please refresh the page to try again." Nevermind, looks like it's working for me again biggrin.gif Edited by MistoKitt