bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Can people still make banners? I'd like to make one.

Thanks! this is my favorite site!

Edited by mumzy

Can people still make banners? I'd like to make one.

Thanks! this is my favorite site!

Absolutely! I haven't had as much time to work on the site lately, so it could take a while for me to update the banners list with yours, but more banners are always welcome! I'm glad you like the site. smile.gif

Is anyone else noticing more adults than usual in the daycare? I have seen some times when there were more than 10% adults there. Is the site not cleaning itself? I try to remove as many of them as I can, but with that many it is hard to get them all before the page refreshes.

Is anyone else noticing more adults than usual in the daycare? I have seen some times when there were more than 10% adults there. Is the site not cleaning itself? I try to remove as many of them as I can, but with that many it is hard to get them all before the page refreshes.

Is this still an issue? The cleaner doesn't seem like it's had any problems, that I've noticed, but there are a couple potential explanations for you seeing more adults. First, the cleaner does have more trouble keeping up during holiday rushes, so that may have been some of the problem, but that should've resolved itself within a couple days. The cleaner also doesn't run constantly, so it's entirely possible you looked in shortly before the next pass, so the adults had been collecting up to that point and temporarily "overrunning" the hatchies. If neither of those apply, then I'm not sure, but keep an eye on it and let me know if it remains a problem, ok? smile.gif

there do seem to be a lot of adults in the daycare and hatchlings in the hatchery. Actually I saw a gendered hellfire wyvern in the regular egg hatchery section (the nest?).

I find it oddly satisfying to click to clear hatchlings and adults, but recently there have been so many that I sometimes have trouble clicking them all before my thirty seconds are up and the page refreshes

still, AoND is my favorite!

It seems to be a little better, but there are still more than I am used to seeing. In this morning's session for instance I had between 24 and 29 adults per 500. That is probably about half of what I was seeing in the post-holiday season.

Just curious -- how often (or when) does the auto-cleaner run? I have been there at all times during the hour and it seems about the same.

Edited by purplehaze

It seems to be a little better, but there are still more than I am used to seeing. In this morning's session for instance I had between 24 and 29 adults per 500. That is probably about half of what I was seeing in the post-holiday season.

Just curious -- how often (or when) does the auto-cleaner run? I have been there at all times during the hour and it seems about the same.

On their help page, I saw this:

Site clean-up happens automatically every half hour.

You can also help keep the site clean through the stars on both the Main Viewer and the Popup Viewer. ERs may be removed early by fogging the dragon, and then clicking its clean-up star.

I myself manually go through the main viewer for a few minutes when I add/remove dragons/find random time during the day.

On their help page, I saw this:

Site clean-up happens automatically every half hour.

You can also help keep the site clean through the stars on both the Main Viewer and the Popup Viewer. ERs may be removed early by fogging the dragon, and then clicking its clean-up star.

I myself manually go through the main viewer for a few minutes when I add/remove dragons/find random time during the day.

Thanks DeathCry, I didn't see that about every half hour. Still curious to know just when it runs though. I was just on the site about 2 minutes past the hour and 7 out of 150 dragons in daycare were adults. That seems like a lot if it had just autocleaned at the top of the hour.

I do know about helping to clean by clicking on the stars and I do that, but I usually run out of time before the next refresh and can't get them all removed. I never used to have that problem using the same settings as I am using now for time between refreshes and number of dragons displayed.

Still curious to know just when it runs though.

It's somewhere around xx:15 and xx:45. I don't remember offhand exactly when. I'm not too concerned about 5% adults, though, considering they do get cleaned out soon after, and since every cleaner-run adds load to both AoND and DC to check a ton of dragons, of which only a handful are actually removed each time. So the benefits of running the cleaner more often just aren't really there right now.

It's somewhere around xx:15 and xx:45.  I don't remember offhand exactly when.  I'm not too concerned about 5% adults, though, considering they do get cleaned out soon after, and since every cleaner-run adds load to both AoND and DC to check a ton of dragons, of which only a handful are actually removed each time.  So the benefits of running the cleaner more often just aren't really there right now.

I agree it is not worth running it more often. smile.gif I just wondered about it because it did seem like I was seeing more than usual. But if everything is working as it should, then that is fine.

Edited to add: I just stopped by at about 10:50pm and there were only 2 or 3 adults, so I guess I was just hitting the wrong times. wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Hello, are there any news on the action tracking system?

Unfortunately not. sad.gif I've been too busy to have time for much DC stuff lately. I'm still hoping, but it seems life is insisting on getting in the way of the original plans.

I love all aspects of your site and want to thank you for all you do to keep it running smoothly.

Cannot find "The neglected experiment announcement thread", I must be miswording it. Can anyone direct link me?

I dunno if its just me, but...

The refresher isn't working properly. Usually you see them refreshing http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/NDER.php , the eggs appearing and disappearing as they refresh, but lately, the windows are like frozen. They don't refresh / load.

I've been having this problem too. I haven't paid attention to whether the non-refreshing ER'd eggs gain views as fast as they should be anyway, but if not, then ACK! I'm an ND experimenter and I rely pretty heavily on AoND. (Not to mention, AoND is my first stop when I have an ER egg or hatchie I want to push along to the next stage!)

Edited by jerusha

I've been having this problem too. I haven't paid attention to whether the non-refreshing ER'd eggs gain views as fast as they should be anyway, but if not, then ACK! I'm an ND experimenter and I rely pretty heavily on AoND. (Not to mention, AoND is my first stop when I have an ER egg or hatchie I want to push along to the next stage!)

A quick check seems to be working fine for me. I haven't changed anything, either, so there should be no reason for it to be breaking from my end. However, I know some browsers now have options to prevent pages from automatically refreshing, so perhaps that is the cause? What browsers are you each using? And can you find any sort of option to enable/disable refreshing in your browser?

If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what else it could be. Perhaps it will resolve itself? Tech problems seem to like to work that way. How long have you noticed it acting strangely?

I'm using Chrome.

It actually never happened before to me...

But funny, I see it working with the usual IE - I don't know really why its not working with chrome...

I dunno if its just me, but...

The refresher isn't working properly. Usually you see them refreshing http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/NDER.php , the eggs appearing and disappearing as they refresh, but lately, the windows are like frozen. They don't refresh / load.

I've had the same issue! Only, I've discovered that if you turn javascript off then it refreshes just fine. blink.gif

*EDIT* I use Chrome too.

*EDIT 2* I've noticed it being weird like this for at least the past few days. I think specifically it was Saturday or Sunday when I first noticed it.

Edited by sheppardkid

I use FF and I've noticed that every once in a while as well but usually only during times when DC is lagging for me so I just assumed it was a "lag" thing.

Hi there smile.gif

For about a week now (I think) I noticed that my eggs/hatchies get thrown out of the site from time to time (maybe once a day). I was wondering if there is any change in the site that could explain this (since this has never happened before) or if there just someone loggin in under my name and checking my babies out?

I was wondering if there is any change in the site...

I haven't changed anything that would affect that. In fact, the only change I've made recently was a minor change an hour or two ago to allow more dragons to be displayed at once in the main viewers.

As for the refresh issue, it sounds like it may be specific to Chrome, and I don't currently have access to that browser to test. It is very odd that it seems to be tied to JavaScript, though. Could you guys let me know if you notice it has gone away, as well?

rubyshoes, the problem you saw, was it preventing the page from reloading at all, or was it just delaying the reload? It sounds like the others haven't been seeing reloads happening at all.

Delayed reload, but the delay could last for minutes as it would just keep trying to connect to DC.