bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

As much as I would like to donate to help such an awesome website, I can't. sad.gif I really hope it doesn't get taken down though, it's my favourite click site...

Added to my original post:

Edit:

Agrona provided a few more details here.  She will also be trying to post periodic progress updates -- keep an eye out for her posts to see how close we're getting!

As for an on-site progress bar, I don't have the time to create one right now, but I will look into it next week if I get a spare moment.

And count another $10 donation here. You have good timing, I just got paid and was able to budget this in.

Do you love using AoND? Then help keep it alive!

The server renewal is coming up, and unfortunately, it's not cheap -- AoND gets too much traffic to function with a more affordable plan. I have put an ad on the site to try and generate some funds, but right now, that's only gaining a few pennies. Hopefully it will be enough to cover future server renewal costs, but for this one, we need some help. If you can afford it, please use the "Donate" button to help us cover the costs -- I would hate to have to take the site down due to lack of funding!

Thanks, everyone. biggrin.gif

Edit:

Agrona provided a few more details here. She will also be trying to post periodic progress updates -- keep an eye out for her posts to see how close we're getting!

As for an on-site progress bar, I don't have the time to create one right now, but I will look into it next week if I get a spare moment.

Oof... I'm afraid I can't donate money. But I'll donate some good luck ^-^ *donates good luck* Now that's all I can do to help >< Sorry I couldn't do more.

Hi, the "check/uncheck all" field doesn't work anymore.

Doesn't work for me either.

Gave my $10. Hope it helps! I use the site all the time, and I can spare that much, at least. cool.gif

Hey guys and gals!

I just got home from work and wanted to give everyone a heads up on where we are donation wise ....

There has been a total of : $106.90 donated

Minus the total paypal fees of : $15.64 (paypal takes a percentage of each donation)

We currently have ............... $ 91.26

SO keep up the awesome work!!!!!

.. also ..

The current ad on the site is a click based paying ad ... so the only way for us to make any money from the ad is if it is click. Since this is a click based site, I will be talking to bbik about making a "Support" Page with about 10 ads posted on it. This way, members can pull up the support page and take a couple of minutes to click through the small # of ads. My goal is to set the site up so that it can pay for itself.

So, if you think about it ... please scroll to the bottom of the site page and click the ad at the very bottom.

Donated , hope it helps to keep the site up.

Well, I decided to cobble together a progress bar after all. It's updated manually, though, and won't show new donations instantly -- so don't panic if you donate and can't see a change! I've sent Agrona instructions on how to keep it up to date, but that's based on her having time to periodically fix the numbers. At least there's something, though. smile.gif

As for the Check All box... That's something I still seriously need to redo so it doesn't keep breaking when I change things. But I definitely don't have time right now. So it'll have to wait until next week. Sorry, guys. sad.gif

Thank you for letting us know what the goal is. I get paid this coming up Thursday, so I can pitch in some also.

EDIT: I disabled my AdBlockPlus, and I clicked on the "Chicken Coop" ad. I did not know they still make chicken coops, even mobile ones! They look so awesome!

Edited by xeyla

I'll disable Adblock on AoND and click some ads! If I could, I'd donate some money...

I hope the site stays strong! This is my favourite fansite out of them all. ^^

I will be donating on the next paycheck. I was going to split it up into 2 donations, but then I forgot about the fee paypay has on each transaction. So you will see my progress in about a week or so.

Thanks for maintaining my favorite site!!

Added a little: Can't afford much money at the moment; I'm going to college soon and that says all for where my savings will go to, but I hope that this will help!

Donated 20 bucks.

Could have been more, but I am currently unemployed and looking for a new job, so I have to keep my money somewhat together.

But your site really helps, so keep up the good work!

How much more is needed? I have used Dragcave for a long time, but never the forums. I got registered for the forums just because I seen that Coup Detat needed help. I've seen there have been various donations made, just wondering how much was left to reach said goal to keep the site running?

I added in $10 from myself. I like the site. It's one of, if not the best, out there. I hope it can keep running.