bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Looks like the self-cleaner is borked again. I am seeing at least 25-30% hatchlings in the egg section and about 10-15% adults in the hatchling section. It was good yesterday with very few needing cleaned.

I've gotten this response after attempting to add my scroll or eggs several times lately,

Response Error.

Technical description:

502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.

The site comes up, I put in my scroll name, then I get two or more of these page. I've lost count on my current attempt to add my scroll (over 10.) What should I do?

And I finally got in again. unsure.gif

It's Sunday now, and this is still going on, with this afternoon's latest being a series of 4 attempts before it will read my scroll.

Edited by dragongrrl

Quite addictive helping clean up the site with pressing the right yellow stars xd.png I'm easily entertained. lol

And I'm giving other people views while I do it! biggrin.gif

Edited by DragonKiwi

I've gotten this response after attempting to add my scroll or eggs several times lately,

Response Error.

Technical description:

502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.

The site comes up, I put in my scroll name, then I get two or more of these page. I've lost count on my current attempt to add my scroll (over 10.) What should I do?

It's Sunday now, and this is still going on, with this afternoon's latest being a series of 4 attempts before it will read my scroll.

It's Monday afternoon here now and I'm going through the same, again. I think I've tried about 15 times so far, and -wait- I just got in.

Do you have any idea why this could be happening? Clearing cache and cookies for the site does not seem to make the difference, either.

Just dropping in to say that this is still occurring.  The auto-refresh won't work if javascript is left on.  Turn it off and it works fine.

Thank goodness I checked back on this thread to see if there was any more info about the ER and AR pages not refreshing. I tried your suggestion on the ER page, sheppardkid, and it worked! Hopefully it will be the same with the AR page - I haven't been able to run ND experiments lately because of this issue, and I hope to get back in the lab ASAP. Thanks, sheppardkid!! wub.gif

Edited by jerusha

The site comes up, I put in my scroll name, then I get two or more of these page.  I've lost count on my current attempt to add my scroll (over 10.)  What should I do?

It's Monday afternoon here now and I'm going through the same, again. I think I've tried about 15 times so far, and -wait- I just got in.

Do you have any idea why this could be happening? Clearing cache and cookies for the site does not seem to make the difference, either.

Sorry, I was gone all weekend. The error sounds like there's something wrong along the route between you and AoND, which wouldn't be something I have any control over. However, you could try rebooting the router and/or using a different browser to see if that'll convince it to use a different, functional route.

About refreshing

I have since heard one person say that it may not be working correctly in Safari either, but it was not definitive. Aside from that, I've only heard complaints from Chrome users, which strongly suggests it's a browser-specific problem -- and I have no idea why, nor am I finding anything on Google that could explain it. So unfortunately, I'm not sure what to suggest or do to fix it, beyond the (admittedly less than ideal) workaround of disabling JavaScript.

I'm trying to make a large, standard banner, but the image won't generate. I've tried the other banners as well, and the only one the site will generate for me is the EDS style.

It's Monday afternoon here now and I'm going through the same, again.  I think I've tried about 15 times so far, and -wait- I just got in.

Do you have any idea why this could be happening?  Clearing cache and cookies for the site does not seem to make the difference, either.

Sorry, I was gone all weekend. The error sounds like there's something wrong along the route between you and AoND, which wouldn't be something I have any control over. However, you could try rebooting the router and/or using a different browser to see if that'll convince it to use a different, functional route.

I was afraid it was something enroute. I did reboot the whole thing this morning, and it was still doing it, but starting sometime in the past couple of hours, it seems to be behaving, at least, for now...

Just a suggestion:

would it be possible to make the Auto-refresher boxes not require the egg to be under 4 days? (ofc it couldn't be added in the ER then)

that would be useful for example if you want to give your hatchie some views to make it gender earlier, etc.

I'm playing a game so this is how I noticed this. AOND has listed a different dragon as my first dragon than it ever has before. When I list my dragons in order of age, the dragon that was always previously listed came up first. Is this a glitch?

For the Breed Tracker:

1: Do you want to see the gender of the adult you're tracking?

So far, I have one vote sure, one vote don't bother, and one vote neutral. That's not much to go on.

2A: Do you want to see only a list of which mates refused?

2B: Or a list of refusals, plus the current mate and the result of their latest breeding attempt?

2C: Or do you want a list of all mates?

3: If you want a list of all mates (2C), how should the result be shown?

3A: Only the most recent outcome with each mate?

3B: Save all results, giving you a running list of each recorded breeding attempt?

3C: Or with a sliding scale where you work up to having an egg eventually?

For example: Attempt 1, you get no interest, so that result is saved. Attempt 2, they breed, but don't produce an egg. That is closer to an egg than no interest, so it overwrites the previous result. Attempt 3, they again show no interest, but since they bred once, this latest result is ignored in favor of Attempt 2's result. Attempt 4, they finally breed an egg, so that result is saved, and from now on, that's what those two dragons will show, since it has happened at least once.

3D: Some other way entirely? If you have other ideas/preferences, let me know that as well, and maybe I'll be able to work them into one ideal solution.

4A: If you want to track whether or not an egg was produced, do you only want to know that one was/wasn't?

4B: Or do you also want to know the breed and/or code?

5A: Do you want to have all of your recorded dragons showing at once?  Depending on the choices for questions 2 and 3, this could quickly grow very long.

5B: Or would you rather be able to pull up each individual dragon's info as you need it, one at a time?

6+: Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have?

1. Yes

2. I would say 2C

3. Maybe 3B?

4. 4B

5. 5B (Don't need to stress the servers)

6. Not that I can think of off the top of my head.

Just a suggestion:

would it be possible to make the Auto-refresher boxes not require the egg to be under 4 days? (ofc it couldn't be added in the ER then)

that would be useful for example if you want to give your hatchie some views to make it gender earlier, etc.

I would rather not. While it could be useful for good reasons, it would also make view-bombing that much easier, and unfortunately there are malicious users out there. It would also make accidental sickness/death too easy -- imagine a new user wanting to hatch their 7 day egg, or any user adding a dragon to give it more views and then forgetting to check on it for hours. Not allowing the ARing until the dragon can go to the next stage is a protective feature as much as anything else.

I'm playing a game so this is how I noticed this.  AOND has listed a different dragon as my first dragon than it ever has before.  When I list my dragons in order of age, the dragon that was always previously listed came up first.  Is this a glitch?

Without specific details, I can't tell you anything. Do you have the dragons' codes?

To all the Breed Tracker posts:

Thanks, everyone! Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to work on new features for the site, but I will absolutely be taking all your thoughts into consideration when I do find time again! smile.gif

I would rather not. While it could be useful for good reasons, it would also make view-bombing that much easier, and unfortunately there are malicious users out there. It would also make accidental sickness/death too easy -- imagine a new user wanting to hatch their 7 day egg, or any user adding a dragon to give it more views and then forgetting to check on it for hours. Not allowing the ARing until the dragon can go to the next stage is a protective feature as much as anything else.

Is it possible to give this function only after you log in, like in EATW, you can put up a trade only after you log in via dragcave? So that people can only put their own items into auto-refresh if they are not ERs.

Is it possible to give this function only after you log in, like in EATW, you can put up a trade only after you log in via dragcave? So that people can only put their own items into auto-refresh if they are not ERs.

That's a possibility I hadn't considered. It'll all depend on how much time I can scrape together to work on the growing list of updates, though, so I still wouldn't hold your breath, unfortunately.

Dragcave API login comes with many disadvantages, among others it won't work with:

• Hidden Scrolls
  • Hidden Eggs & Hatchlings
It can not see any dragons, any other visitor couldn't see on your scroll either. API login allows only to verify ownership of a scroll, but does not grant actual access to the scrolls content.

Besides, there are way more efficient and yet safer methods than those autorefresher boxes. EATW for example does an awesome job, when it comes to maxing out duplicate views within a few minutes. For low time ERs (neglected experiments), it will even create up to 100 unique and 500-1000 views per minute. And no risk of sickness, since the ERs will be constantly monitored.

I wouldn't worry about viewbombing though. If someone desperately wants to viewbomb an egg or hatchling, he can do so with minimal HTML knowledge.

I wouldn't worry about viewbombing though. If someone desperately wants to viewbomb an egg or hatchling, he can do so with minimal HTML knowledge.

This.

I have a plug-in on my browser that can do auto-refreshing - pretty sure people can find similar things for Firefox and Chrome. Malicious users can viewbomb eggs if they want to, anyway.

The clock seems to be about 20 minutes slow. I have 43 minutes past the hour, AOND is showing about 23 minutes past the hour. I am on PDT so it's not that I am in a time zone that is off by some minutes compared to EDT.

Check your own clock or refresh the page. The clock is accurate (except for a few seconds).

AOND seems very off today - at first it was just the extras not working but now the main hatchery seems to have fallen over too - when I can get in, I get it with no page style... Anyone else ?

AOND seems very off today - at first it was just the extras not working but now the main hatchery seems to have fallen over too - when I can get in, I get it with no page style... Anyone else ?

It seems to be working fine for me.

It seems to be working fine for me.

Oh. Rats. Even the lineage counter ?

Oh. Rats. Even the lineage counter ?

Yes. I just played around with it and as far as I could tell it worked fine for me.