bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

I dearly wub.gif AoND. I'd hate to loose you. sad.gif

I get a very limited disability check each month. It's not at all easy to get by. However, I managed to donate a little bit to help keep an awesome fan site up and running. biggrin.gif

Thanks for being there for me and my dragons! cool.gif

Ad Block Plus is probably why you're not getting any revenue off your ad placement on the site; it is on both Chrome and FireFox and there are likely versions for the other browsers. I didn't even know it had an ad on it, because I never disable my blocker. Not sure when they came into play, but I'd hazard a guess that they became popular right about when your revenue from them hit rock bottom.

For the last few days the check/uncheck all button hasn't been working for me >___<

Same here smile.gif

I use firefox if that helps any.

Same here :)

I use firefox if that helps any.

Same (and I thought it was just my computer being flaky). I use Opera, so it's not just a FF thing.

Ad Block Plus is probably why you're not getting any revenue off your ad placement on the site; it is on both Chrome and FireFox and there are likely versions for the other browsers. I didn't even know it had an ad on it, because I never disable my blocker. Not sure when they came into play, but I'd hazard a guess that they became popular right about when your revenue from them hit rock bottom.

Nonsense. Firefox does not come natively with any adblocker, you need to install them first. Not sure how Chrome works with that, but since Google (Chrome's owner) would block its own ads if they had it delivered by default, I do assume you have to install/activate it by yourself, too.

Also, Adblock exists for much longer than AoND already. However, many people still surf the internet without any protection of that kind - look what kind of revenue TJ gets with a single ad on each DC page: he says, those ads are enough to cover hosting costs.

I believe Ext3h's post is the more probable explanation to revenues hitting rock bottom, since this is actually what Google does.

I will send a few bucks into the donation as soon as I get my paycheck. ~_^ I love the use of Allure to much to risk it going down.

I donated! It's not a lot, but I hope it helps :3

I wish I had more to give, but this month is pretty tight for me. AoND is my favorite hatchery <3

I've checked out the site and I noticed there's no visible ad anywhere. Adblock plus is disabled too. Maybe put it right under the title banner, or below the clock?

I can't donate much either since I need every bit for a new PC, but here's a little something

Nonsense. Firefox does not come natively with any adblocker, you need to install them first. Not sure how Chrome works with that, but since Google (Chrome's owner) would block its own ads if they had it delivered by default, I do assume you have to install/activate it by yourself, too.

Also, Adblock exists for much longer than AoND already. However, many people still surf the internet without any protection of that kind - look what kind of revenue TJ gets with a single ad on each DC page: he says, those ads are enough to cover hosting costs.

I believe Ext3h's post is the more probable explanation to revenues hitting rock bottom, since this is actually what Google does.

I didn't say it came natively with it, nor did I say it had nor hadn't been popular before or after that time. I said it may have become more popular at the time the ads stopped making viable profit.

I donated a small amount. Hope it helps! I also hope you can get the ad worked out for an additional source. I don't think I ever saw it, even when it was suppose to be showing up.

I didn't say it came natively with it, nor did I say it had nor hadn't been popular before or after that time. I said it may have become more popular at the time the ads stopped making viable profit.

No, not really.

Ads never stopped to make viable profit. While there are many users who use adblock, most don't. They don't even know about the existence of such plugins.

i donated too a couple days ago.

i especially like the items in the extras tab, the sickness check, and the part where it tells how many living things are on my scroll. i sometimes count incorrectly when i'm tired.

I plan to donate about twenty bucks as soon as I get paid this week <3 AOND is too good to let die!

Donated earlier^^ Glad to see that bar moving on the page! smile.gif