dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I own ALMOST all the dragons in this linage, but I gifted this one to ChibiAsh and now she has a name to match her parents ^^ Linage of "I don't even know WHY I love you"

The father is called "I hate how much I love you", the mother is "I cant stand how much I need you". The Paternal Grandfather is "The Perfect Lullaby" and the Paternal grandmother is "My Guilty Pleasure Retold" (Part of the Go Green linage).

Another line I have is decendant from a 2nd Gen Storm called "Lady Golden Fog", whos parents are "Lady Golden Monkey" and "Lord Gray Rat's Patootie".

Her daughters are "Lady Narani" and "Lady Yamparti". They are both still mine though.

Her grand daughters are "Lady Coorath MaPr" (missnamed) and "Lady Tabiath Maru"

Her great grandchildren are "Lord Vanhi Dorkface" and "Lady Kimiath Noir"

Her great great Grandson is "Lord Roan Dorkface"

The only one not mine is Lord Roan Dorkface, but its still nice to have someone keep your theam. laugh.gif

I've been viciously keeping two names going in this girls lineage o.O ViKuro Barghest von Klushund. Both the names come from her mothers side. The Kuro part is from the father.

In this case, on her mothers side, I own from her all the way back to Midnight's Morning Requiem, Vi-Kuro Kinzoku, Kurokane Barghest von Klushund where the Barghest and von Klushund came into the linage and Mayonaka Costel Sparda where the Midnight in japanese came from.

On her fathers side I only own the father >.> With him, since the parents weren't named I just called him Junsui Kuro or "Pure Black" because of the all black lineage.

Since I actually (sort of) have themes I follow in naming my dragons, a good chunk of them have names unrelated to their parents, grandparents or others farther back in their lineage. Recently, though, I've started to pay more attention to continuing naming schemes. At the moment I have:

-Traveller's Flame (grandparent is Traveler Firegold)

-Ochredrake-Lash (parents are Ochredrake-Annie and Ochredrake-Tanke)

-Crystallised Soul (parents are Crystallized Truth and Golden Soul Theif), and her son, Crystallised Sky

-Atford Horn (parents are Bladdis Horn and Yerrace Horn and a great-grandparent on his father's side is Atford)

-Aisn inghean Celebathien (parents are Oeyi inghean Celebathien and Eenie mac Celebathien)

-Lucja Ormr (parents are Eggja Ormr and Matr Ormr)

-Vespellian Infero (parents are Vespasia Infero and Trethelian)

-Ignus Lux (parents are Scintillea and Ignateus)

Edited by LascielsShadow

Lookie at this. smile.gif I own both Rose and Silversky, and thier parents, and Silversky's grandparents. I love it when people name after my dragons, It makes me feel so specail.

I actually just did this. I named my BBW Educating Magic after it's parents:

Fool's Magic and Educating Rowling

This thread makes me happy since the only dragon I have off the AP (the rest are either CB or trades), I did this with.

Meet Darklight Angel.

I ended up breeding her experimentally with my CB gray. And the person who picked up their baby went on to name her Dark Cloudy Angel and it just about made my life. xd.png

This one inherited her papa's name too.

My AP find, 10th gen stair-step Magi is now named Oma De Magi. Her parents are TaDao Magi and Magi Go Lucky, and Magi is included in the name of all her ancestors, so you can bet I will find a cb Magi for her to follow this pretty line! biggrin.gif

Except for pygmy's named after the CB's on my own scroll, I have a lot of pygmy's named after their parents. I try to track the parents names for as long as possible. Reppa Hellhent the Firelizard for example. I've kept the Hellhunt name going for 6 generations.

Many of my dragon's names are combinations of their parents names. Like Alayor Stonemould Dragos his parents are "Alura Stonemould" and "Mayor Stonemould".

Then for some dragons I find a common surname or something and keep it going. I try to do it as often as I can.

I have these two dragons named MY LEG FEELS FUNNY and MY LEG FEELS BETTER. I thought it was hilarious when I noticed that the owner of one of their offspring named it OOPS MY LEG JUST FELL OFF. xd.png

My new white stripe come from a long line of Dorkfaces, on it's mother's side. I'll have to continue the tradition- if I remember to. >___>

I think that I successfully continued the naming tradition in her lineage... trying to find a name that would fit was an adventure rolleyes.gif

I just started to get back on track on DC, have been gone godnowshowlong. So I've started to name unnamed dragons. Got a Whiptail long time ago, and I named it Magik Flyer from parents White Magick and Skie Flyer.

Red dragon with parents Gem Of Calan Mai (Mother) and Janus Garnet (Father). I named him Janus Mai. It's a great way of naming dragons, and I'm not very creative, so ...

My new white stripe come from a long line of Dorkfaces, on it's mother's side. I'll have to continue the tradition- if I remember to. >___>

I am now the owner of Icky Thump Dorkface- I'll probably call her offspring after more White Stripe albums... tongue.gif

My breeding pair, Gyshling Yax and Salaesha, finally had a daughter named after them! =D

I wish I knew the owner. The dragon's name is Sala Yax Cretatus.

I got a Bluna with a HUGE lineage. Its parents were named Path Of Dawn and River Of Dawn, so I called him Delta Of Dawn.