dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I'm so excited to see that someone used one of my naming conventions on some of my released eggs!

Hoban Vesper Lumenis spawned one with the Lumenis surname and a vamp called "Afraid of Luminescence" which I love!

I have done a lot of naming dragons after their parents, despite some of my dragons ending up strangely named for no reason when their parents go wild or lose their names. laugh.gif

I just did it again.

I snagged a bluna from the AP and her parents were...

Mother: The Heart of the Sea

Father: Spirit of the Ocean Swells

So she is Spirit of the Sea and Sand.

Like?

By now, I named two after their parents (and I'm really really sad I didn't do it for the first ones).

New on my scroll are:

Reve Bleu, a male water dragon, his father is a magi named Reve Orange.

Albus Scaleheart, a male albino dragon, his father is Albino Scaleheart.

Edited by Aishalanea

I didn't really used to do this but I've started to now smile.gif

By now, I named two after their parents (and I'm really really sad I didn't do it for the first ones).

New on my scroll are:

Reve Bleu, a male water dragon, his father is a magi named Reve Orange.

Albus Scaleheart, a male albino dragon, his father is Albino Scaleheart.

Er, you probably won't read this anyway...

But don't the Albinos have NO scales? blink.gif

I was going through my dragons today and found this dragon that I ended up abandoning a fairly long time ago- Neei Woldemai s0r0k4 Rogue

Not sure who the owner is, but shucks, They got both parents and the parents' owner in one name, d'aawww tongue.gif

Edited by s0r0k4

Lol, my male Hellfire is named "Anger Management plz" and his offspring that I dropped at the AP was named by its new owner: "I'M NOT ANGRY AND I HAVE A KNIFE"

I lul'd

Er, you probably won't read this anyway...

But don't the Albinos have NO scales? blink.gif

I read it, actually. I almost expected someone to complain about this *g*

But:

a) I didn't make up his last name, I continued the name of his father after adopting him (who is an Albino as well, obviously)

B) He's called Scaleheart, and I don't think any dragon would have scales on his heart, so I don't take it literally ;)

Edited by Aishalanea

Heh, I named a second gen pink after his parents naming scheme, Parker Arundel out of Paul and Paula Arundel, and named his mate Peony Arundel. Whoever got their first egg? Did this. I was highly amused.

I found an egg in the AP with a parent called Yeah I love TJ or something like that. So I named the hatchling Agapo TeeTzai, which was basically the same thing in Greek.

-Phovos

I once picked up a Waterhorse from the AP and took a look at its parents.

They both ended in 'de Pluto', so I played around with the word and added some letters.

I ended up with Ptarolu. Take some letters out and rearrange it and you get 'pluto'.

Not too recognisable, but it's the thought that counts smile.gif

More than a few of my dragons offspring has been named for one or both of them, and I love all the names, but one stuck out. I have a lot of red dragons due to my little Pacifica project, and one of them is named Pacifica's Enterprise. I wasn't thinking Star Trek when I named it, but one of her eggs went to a new owner who named it Enterprise 1701-A. I thought that was great, and it gave me a reason to grin when I first saw it.

Edited by Arkacia

The only one that was named after mine:

My dragons, both Vines, were Tangle28 and PoppyJasper. Their egg was named Jasper Tangle.

I have a good handful of dragons that I've named after their parents. I like to do so especially if I have no name ideas for them. Equally, I love it when someone names my dragons' offspring with them in mind. biggrin.gif

Dragons I've named:

Silverdream Dorkface

Rune Essence

Orange Scarf

Amarose's Daughter

Ruby Burnfyre

Sunrise von Emerald

Weltered Spirit

Kesa Aaleta

Offspring others have named:

Kasumi Silverdream

Silverdream Guinevere

Amarose's herald

LD Goggle

Mr Sparqie jr

Silentwood

Wood de Lata

Wind of Reciprocation

Blue February Stone

I try to name it after the parents now lol But when I am gifted an egg I try to name it after my gifter

I was looking through my children and grandkids not too long ago and came across this.

(I own the two "Clementine" seasonals in the third line, their child belongs to someone else.)

I once got this abandoned black hatchie, and all the black dragons on his dads side were named Lupicus (I think thats what it was ... something like that) and anyway his dads name was Alex Lupicus(?) (btw, i dont have the hatchie anymore, i abandoned sad.gif ) blink.gifninja.gif

OH! I just remembered! I am 90% sure the name was Lupindus! ninja.gif

Edited by 80rocker

My Spring hatchie and my electric hatchie just hatched! I named my Spring hatchie Spring Queen Goloturia, after its mother Spring Princess Goloturia (I do not own the mother, I got the egg in the cave) but I just realized...what if it turns out to be a BOY? I just named it Spring QUEEN Goloturia, an it might be a boy! blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifninja.gif