dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I've only abandoned an egg once as one of my personal rules is not to breed when I don't intend to keep the baby (dropped that one because of leetle trees appearing. Didn't expect them to be around so long, and didn't catch one anyway sad.gif )

I'm thrilled to find the person who caught it kept the family name! Neva Porfiro

(and she's just become the mother of a Dorkface, apparently)

For the three non-CB, non-selfbred dragons I have on my scroll (my Yules and my Snow Angel) I've also invented names honoring their parents.

One of my striped is called 'Earthseas' Present'. Well, apparently someone bit her egg and the resulting vampire is now called 'Death of Earthsea'.

I don't like it... after all, this sounds like either the mother or the book I took the name from were dead. oO

I've never named any of my dragons after their parents (although I do like the idea), but:

This one kept my MB tag

and

This honors its mother with its name

Thank you to both of the lovely people who own those happy.gif

Edited by Trinity.

This is so cool! biggrin.gif I recently renamed all my dragons (now following a scheme based on Japanese, which I'm trying to learn), but already someone named their kid after the father...

http://dragcave.net/view/liEb

Don't have time to look for others right now, but just having found this one makes me so happy! biggrin.gif

Sometimes I name my dragond after their parents, if I like the name ^^

For example Murmuring Riddles.. I loved how the word Riddle was in every generation <3

Or Dancer in the Rain who is named after her mother, Thundara the Lightning Dancer.

I really love it when someone names their dragons after mine!

For example those two

<3

I have a personal lineage project whose dragons have Whitetail as their surnames, and my dream is to see their offsprings called Whitetail too.

A couple of weeks ago I bred my Wilhelm Whitetail with a purple Dorkface and abandoned the resulting egg.

Now I see it was named Ensata Whitetail of Dorkface

http://dragcave.net/lineage/j3sv

Lynxkatt really made my day laugh.gif

This one reallymade my day when I checked on the egg I dropped- clicky

Its a lovely sounding name as well! and spanish, ooh <3

I think I have another one, but I can't find it right now

Other than that, if I pick up a lineaged egg that has a surname, I generally carry it on :]

Or if I have no clue what to name it, I'll mix up the parent's names.

I snagged an egg on the AP with the surname Nyx which I used as a middle name.

This one reallymade my day when I checked on the egg I dropped- clicky

Its a lovely sounding name as well! and spanish, ooh <3

I think I have another one, but I can't find it right now

Other than that, if I pick up a lineaged egg that has a surname, I generally carry it on :]

Or if I have no clue what to name it, I'll mix up the parent's names.

Actually, it's italian. tongue.gif

If it was spanish, it would be Señora.

I did this once at least. I picked up a Horse whose parents were named Flayar and Flayarian, so I named her Flayaress.

I have this egg. The parents have another child - a two-finned bluna - who continues the lineage. Once it hatches, I'm planning to do the same.

I've never tried that before. Maybe I'll do this with my two sweetlings. The parents' names are awesome so that sounds like fun! biggrin.gif

I like naming them after the parents if I can. Sometimes the names are too bizarre, or the parent dragons only have a code, and then all bets are off. The latest one I named was this little guy. Broke with the naming only slightly, but I think it still gives a nod to the parents. biggrin.gif

Just happened to one of my sweetling eggs that I abandoned; when it grew up, he was named 'Speckled Skittles' after his sweetling father 'Sugar Skittles' and BBW mother 'Speckled Stunner'. It made me smile.

My silver hatchie finally gendered, male, so I named him after his parents.

I almost always name after parents. It's just more fun to me than having a specific name used for my entire scroll and I like to carry on certain lineages.