dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/2bTT...when she hatches Ill try my best to fit all three of the naming schemes into her name while incorporating her mother's name.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/9M9F

I own two of the grandparents here and the name was continued down two generations :3

It may be because I've continued the naming scheme whenever I get a relative from my valentine....

My Spring hatchie and my electric hatchie just hatched! I named my Spring hatchie Spring Queen Goloturia, after its mother Spring Princess Goloturia (I do not own the mother, I got the egg in the cave) but I just realized...what if it turns out to be a BOY? I just named it Spring QUEEN Goloturia, an it might be a boy!  blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif  ninja.gif

You could argue that "queen" refers to the position, rather than the gender-specific title.... I've read a book which did exactly that with the dragon royalty.

...I've really gotten into this naming after parents theme more than I have previously with my dragons. I just named my first ever (*squee!*) vampire hatchling in honor of the parents/lineage. Soner of Moon. I found the name "Soner" to mean "last man" in ...Turkish, if i remember correctly. Since I heard that the vampires can't have offspring of their own (other than infecting other eggs)... I figured that was appropriate for him.

Heh, I named a second gen pink after his parents naming scheme, Parker Arundel out of Paul and Paula Arundel, and named his mate Peony Arundel. Whoever got their first egg? Did this. I was highly amused.

Heh, that would be me! It was such a tidy lineage I couldn't resist. biggrin.gif

I love it when this happens. biggrin.gif I do it if I like the parents' names, though I might only name mine after one of the parents.

Some of my dragons I've named this way:

Little Soft Star

Pearlescent Ghost Ship Sails

Dawning Wizard Waltz

Crystalscare Decanter

Collera Sorprendente

Ten Thousand Thunderstorms

What other people have named my dragon's offspring:

Sun-Winged Kaa

Nymphaea lutea

Molibdenum

Count of Amethyst

I return-gifted someone a 2nd gen black egg from SweetlingXBlack parents; the mother's named Starfriend, and her daughter was named Nightfriend. I was touched. =]

~Feathers

Power of Red + Thunderous Charge = Thred

Thred is a thunder I got from someone who wanted a dif gender; I am so thankful!

I seriously adore the name Thred anyway though, but it works.

Edited by Valerie

Hee, that one was mine! I just couldn't help myself in that case.

Unless I have a name in mind for other purposes, or just can't think of a good way to work the parents' names into an offspring's name, I'll usually try to do stuff like that. I always find it fun. biggrin.gif

Hehe that's funny that you got this egg Wookie - I own the parents. Good luck naming it, I had a heck of a time naming the Papa xd.png

My blunas do like to gender male...I influenced it to be a she and it became a he. I guess that's back to the drawing board for names :/

I Really Liked The Vi-insert name- And Vi- -insert name- Theme Going On In This Dragons Lineage So I Kept It Going And Combined It With Another I Had Kept Going -bargust and von klushund i believe it was-:

Lineage

With Another I Liked The Dusk/Dawn Theme Going On -i believe it's someones lineage project- But I Also Liked The D'Hennegel Name -don't know if it's someones lineage project- So I Combined To Two Names In His:

Lineage

And This Little One Just Happend To Be A Relative Of A Few Dragons I Have So I Called Her Shison no Vi-Drako Which Was Supposed To Mean Descendant Of Vi-Drako Because It Was The Silver I Recognized From Another's Lineage

Lineage

x3 Just Thought It Was Neat That They Turned Out To Be Related Even Though I Only Noticed When I Went Through The Lineage To Look For Interesting Names To Play Off Of While Thinking Of A Name For Her

I just now found one!

I sorta had a theme of name-keeping for this particular line of dragons, and this person kept the theme going with the name-blending!

Thank you _smoczyca_! biggrin.gif I am honored. And very nice choice!

I also have these, but I knew about them since they were gifts, and was told about it by the persons to whom they were gifted...

Another decent from my first dragon

A decent of a dragon that was asked for, but came out the breed not asked for, with the mate I used. It was accepted anyhow, and quite gladly.

I gifted this one last week, and just saw that it's named after me! happy.gif

And this one is named after her parents, my gold Mystical Element and skywing Whirligig. And the naming theme was continued through several generations. Made me smile a lot when I saw it!

My gold Alchemist's Luck has a child named Alchemist's Flower.

Just found this one.

Aw, this one too.

I think there might be some more, but don't want to go through all my dragons right now.

I have one named Dorkface so far, and one Dorkface egg that I picked up off the AP, and will name accordingly. And I have one alt black that I named Cabaletta's Shadow, whose parents are Cabaletta Black and Beatrice de Esprit-Lupinus.

Okay, after a horrible night I'm looking through my dragons to see what I can breed to make myself feel better and realize that the egg of an accidental breeding that I'd dropped into the AP had been named. Made. My. Night.

Oh, the brightness of the sun...

I have a Silver Dorkface named Shar Comalie (he was my first silver and when I got him I didn't know about lineages) which I bred to a magi named Io Evanthe. I just found out that someone named their child Sharevanthe Dorkface. happy.gif

I've noticed this in a few of my dragons' children;

Change Of Heart Ryuu X Light and Darkness Ryuu = Light and Change Ryuu

Hikari Lavender X Kurai Akai DimetroRyuu = Hikari Kurai

This one is named after the mother; Yuki Hyou X Sol Kuya = Sol Seridur

And ThunderSky Kaminari X Mikadzuki Midnight = Black ThunderSky, which makes sense seeing as Mikadzuki Midnight is a Black.

And some of my dragons use parts of other dragons' names in their lineage;

Spirit of the Rain (Reference to Storm Spirit) (Also same with Spirit of the Scorched Lands)

Kiiro-Stripe Dorkface of Xanadu (Reference to Xanadu)

I have a handful of blacks named Gloria though I have no idea who they came from... I just kinda liked the family name.

I tend to do that alot.png :3

whenever i pick up an egg from the AP, I immediately look at the parents and name it accordingly, when I can biggrin.gif

i bred a vine (Luke Tanglevine) and a silver some time ago, and i was amazed when one of the eggs i'd dropped was named Luke Tanglevine the Second, after it's father. I also named a mint Delila, after her mom, Lila

I've done this a couple times.. like this one I just picked up today, and this one. I've only seen a couple where I drop a bred egg and it ends up named after the parents, though it's always cool.. like this, I own Zaubereidrache and it looks like someone kept the name for two more generations, awesome.

I have had some eggs that I bred named after the parents. I try to name any egg I get after the parents if possible. Some, Like This One took a bit of looking around to make sure I followed it right.