dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I abandoned this egg because I wanted a black... and look at it's name. smile.gif Made me smile.

Thats mine! biggrin.gif your welcome! I personally enjoy it when people name after my pairs, so i take the chance to name after parents when possible

My favorite was an offspring of my silver dragon, whose name is Four lights. One of it's children (a purple that I dropped) was named Purple Picard. Only star trek geeks will understand THAT, but man it made me laugh, and happy a fellow geek picked up the egg tongue.gif

Picked this guy up by complete accident, my laptop's pad got slow or something and I accidentally clicked it.

I'm making sure to continue this line as best as I can (I'm looking for a CB water to influence female right now), and I've already reserved the names to do so.

I always try and mix the parents names, but not necessarily directly - I often blend letters from the parents names together to make a new name.

Like, for example:

Onyx + Kira = Nokia laugh.gif

I'll try to find some named after mine, I think I've posted here before... too lazy to go through 16 pages. Yes but I only mentioned one dragon.

Here.

Edited by Aquenee

I have a CB gold x CB white breeding pair. The gold is the male (named Faramir- Steward of Gondor) and the white is the female (named Eowyn- Shieldmaiden of Rohan). They have produced almost 20 offspring now. Of those, only 2 are on my scroll (and of course, I kept the naming theme with my 2). OF all the others 3 people have kept the naming theme going, which makes me happy smile.gif

I've always wanted someone to continue my, "Hay Hay You You" and "I dont like your girl friend" pair, but to no avail. D:

I have had a few mixes, but generally with my more "tamely" named dragons.

There is a "Wicks" out there, named after Nicts and I'm a Wiggly Wagger.

My favorite was an offspring of my silver dragon, whose name is Four lights. One of it's children (a purple that I dropped) was named Purple Picard. Only star trek geeks will understand THAT, but man it made me laugh, and happy a fellow geek picked up the egg tongue.gif

That's great. biggrin.gif

For those that don't get it, watch this:

I picked up a Stripe egg which had a parent's name be I AM A FUZZY KITTEN.

So I called it NINJA GHOSTLY DRACONIC FELINE as a reference to one of my characters and because kittens = cats = felines ;3

Edited by Emerald_Shadowclaw

I love having parents named something I can use in my naming scheme. Or if a lineage has some relatives with good names.

Named after her father

Named after parents which I also own

Named for three relatives

And I've had a couple of dragons on other scrolls that have been named for their parents.

Named for her mom

I usually name all my bred dragons - especially the frozen hatchlings - after their parents.

I named Lady Imperius Hellfire after her parents; Avada Kedavara Hellfire and Horcrux Hellfire.

I'm an HP fan, so it made sense anyway. If it had been a boy, it would have been a little Crucius...I'm gonna find her a mate. <3

Someone named the Vine offspring of Emerald's Sugar Rush (a Goldfish) and Tang'la (a Vine) Sugary Tangles.

I was like biggrin.gif when I saw that. xd.png

I named a male purple "Blackberry Graphite" after his parents "Blackberry-Song" (female purple) and "Graphite-Claw" (male stone) (the parents aren't mine)

I have a Green dragon named Vigthrasir whose offspring I have abandoned a few times (PB), and two of them ended up being named after him - by different users. lol'ed a bit when I saw that. I am pretty proud considering I made that name up myself laugh.gif

Edited by Ripan

I have a Green dragon named Vigthrasir whose offspring I have abandoned a few times (PB), and two of them ended up being named after him - by different users. lol'ed a bit when I saw that. I am pretty proud considering I made that name up myself  laugh.gif

I own Vigthrasra. Glad you appreciate my choice of name. xd.png

Although I can't pronounce it, which is a little annoying.

Here are some others I've named:

-My little dorsal, Erika Nilasah, was named for two in her lineage: Her father, Erike Laquan, and some great ancestor on her mother's side called Nilasah. xd.png

-Melancholy Melody was named after her great-grandfather, Winter Melancholy.

-Recycled Water Lilies was named after his mother, Shining Water Lily. ^^

-Firelight in the Darkness was named after her great-great-great-great-great-grandmother, Light in the Darkness Zek.

Edited by Thorn

That happened once to me, sort of.(it was named after the mother). I felt so happy...what made it even more awesome was that my dragon wasn't named...it's code was something along the lines of EnVC or something, and they named it Ivy EnVC.

When I was new, I thought you had to do that...hence charcoal meadows xd.png. (Although I named flaming meadows first because I forgot whose parent was whose...)

I tend to name my dragons after their parents a lot lately. ^^

But I also realised a couple of days ago, that someone named the offspring of Fleur de Noel and Sul Varis "Fleur de Varis". Or the child of Shar Comalie Dorkface and Io Evanthe "Io Evanthe Comalie Dorkface". biggrin.gif