Dr. Paine

Description comments

It appears I have a new comment on two of my dragons, again...

RokakuHandcuffsLeeroyJenkins

(New) User Comments:

Abstain: *rudie*? Do you mean *rude* or is it a name (then you should capitalize) Tihihi smile.gif -H

Erm, actually, it's just a common term used to describe the gang-dragons. I've elaborated on it a couple of dragon's descriptions (NT 3000 and Corn of the GGs, I think it was). Although it is somewhat considered a name for the type of dragon group, it's usually never capitalized except for in very rare cases. It's also a reference to the (rather incredibly obscure) game series Jet Set Radio, of which some dragons have names relating to it.

Slendervamp

(New) User Comments:

Accept: *egg ( which* (no *of*) A vamp can be VERY effective at stopping vandals methinks smile.gif -H

Ack! I tend to type that way a lot. Of course, I was never the best at grammar and syntax at times... -__- I do agree, though, that a Vamp might be very effective at that task.

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

It appears I have a new comment on at least one of my dragons, again...

RokakuHandcuffsLeeroyJenkins

(New) User Comments:

Abstain: *rudie*? Do you mean *rude* or is it a name (then you should capitalize) Tihihi smile.gif -H

Erm, actually, it's just a common term used to describe the gang-dragons. I've elaborated on it a couple of dragon's descriptions (NT 3000 and Corn of the GGs, I think it was). Although it is somewhat considered a name for the type of dragon group, it's usually never capitalized except for in very rare cases. It's also a reference to the (rather incredibly obscure) game series Jet Set Radio, of which some dragons have names relating to it.

I tried looking it p, to see if it was a word and it wasn't *rude* would have fit in there too, so I assumed a typo. I wouldn't have done that if I had known/recognized the term - sorry sad.gif

That's okay, Herk. Like I said, I tend to reference incredibly obscure and old things, so it would probably not be likely to be caught onto right away.

Interestingly, someone with the signature of ~PG commented on a couple of my dragons. (I probably should've said earlier during the confusion that I almost always sign with ~Kim, unless there isn't any room to)

Hello! I'm ~PG. I've been reviewing for a while, but just recently started signing and commenting on all reviews smile.gif

I haven't been very actively description writing or reviewing wise these last few days, but I hope to get a lot done over the long weekend!

And so, in no particular order, some more comments! Yay!

Blackberry Cream is well-known around the Enigma Mountains for his 'interesting' desserts. From coffee 'sweetened' with mushed-up fruit, to a frozen treat of dissolved sugar in seawater broken into shards, whenever he comes up with something new he will force the nearest unsuspecting dragon to try some, not taking no for an answer. On rare occasions, the treat is passable or even enjoyable, but inevitably the next time it is made, something new will be mixed in.

No one is sure if his attempts are genuine or not.

Accept: Yay for corrections :) -H

Accept: Your place is called the Enigma Mountains? Cool. ~D

Ahaha, I had to fix it. And mountains can encompass a wide range of environments, so~

(Meteornium)

Ornium is a hoarder, amongst other things. Anything sparkly, shiny, or simply interesting - he has to have it. Unless, of course, it's owned by another dragon - despite his hoarding tendencies, he will not take another dragon's property without permission.

Some jewels of his collection include: one of Luster's dropped scales before his curse, found on the path he took in the woods; a vial of bright powder, fittingly dropped by Brightpowder; and a sample of bloody fur, pulled from Pi'illo by a struggling hatchling.

It seems odd, even creepy to some dragons, for him to have so many relics of others, but to Ornium it is perfectly normal.

Accept: Nice :) -H

Accept: Oh, yeah, totally normal. Sounds like something I would do. Because... I'm... normal.... ~D

XD

(Spaghetti Sauce)

Spaghetti has an odd strain of magic - she has the power to turn fallen prey into bananas and other fruit. Unfortunately, there are three things wrong with this: first, she can't control when it happens; second, she has an allergy to bananas; and third, bananas just happen to be the most common result.

This results in many trips to Aerith's cave, after yet another piece of prey turned into a banana in her jaws, where she has become good friends with Enshrouded purely due to visiting so often. The fortunate side effect though, is more fruit for the herbivores and omnivores, so she's happy about that. She only wishes she could control it...

Accept: Allergic to bananas :o -H

Accept: Ha, see? Random words make great descriptions. :P ~D

Blame the IRC. >>

On Purged Luster's fixed:

Accept: Pride comes before the fall :) -H

Accept: Poor boy! ~D

Accursed overusing-ellipsis-me. @_@

(Hades Infernum)

Hades hates other dragons with a passion, but not for the reason most would expect.

This particular Hellhorse has a flair for the dramatic, and often likes to act out his favourite part - that of the bad guy. As such, he often 'antagonises' unsuspecting dragons, breathing pillars of flame around them, so that the 'heroic' dragon of the day can 'save' them, and fight Hades to submission.

When not being dramatic, he is rather more tolerant of other dragons than most Hellhorses due to his upbringing - he was always good friends with The Rejector, who's upbeat attitude rubbed off on him a little.

Accept: Tihihi :D An opera Hellhorse :D -H

Accept: Ha, I like him! Awesome. :P ~D

Ahaha, I need to give him heroes to fight now!

(Windows Vista Thuwed)

Vista is known for being slow, clumsy, and occasionally freezing in place in just about any situation. Although she is a descendant of the Thuweds, she claims the Lagmonster is in her ancestry so as to excuse her faults. Unfortunately for some dragons, she is sometimes the only one around who can do a particular job, and so they have to rely on her and hope she doesn't freeze up completely.

The worst of these freezes are known to surrounding dragons as BSODs, due to what she telepathically squeaks out before falling down. No one knows what BSOD stands for, however.

Accept: Muahahaha :D -H

Accept:

Accept: Bluna Sudden Onset of Death? Well, no, she doesn't die. IDK ~D

Well, neither does the computer, technically, as it gets 'revived' - so it could work XD

(You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

Lazy person's method: un-enable them!)

Hello! I'm ~PG. I've been reviewing for a while, but just recently started signing and commenting on all reviews smile.gif

I see I need a different signature. laugh.gif Or do you always capitalise yours? I keep mine lowercase.

Edit: Gotten a PM about this. smile.gif For posterity:

Pokegirl858 = ~PG

pinkgothic = -pg

But you'll rarely see mine, anyway. ^_~

Edited by pinkgothic

Description for a female Albino.

When she was younger, Creag na Bruaich was one of the nicest dragons in the group. She was helpful, and always eager to try her best to please the others, no matter what type of task awaited her. Gradually, however, as she slowly began to mature and mingle with the other youngsters, her personality underwent something of a change. Her cheerfulness diminished, to be replaced by scathing looks and a tendency to be rather haughty at times. This behaviour carried on into adulthood, much to the puzzlement of some of the elders.  Now one of the proudest dragons in the group, she believes herself, and her mate, to be above all the rest. She even goes so far as to lord it over the others, claiming that none of them are worthy. This attitude, coupled with the way she treats some of the weaker members of the group, led some of them to steal her egg. Her rage at this act was terrible to behold. Now she roams the territory, searching for her egg, and the countryside rings to her haunting scream.

Had a few comments, but they got wiped because I kept making silly little mistakes. And yes, herk, it is supposed to be Creag na Bruaich, rather than Creag an Bruaich. Thanks for pointing that out!

After fixing a typo in Slendervamp's description, I wound up getting song lyrics...

I'm an idiot for posting this in the Describe-A-Dragon thread. -__-

Slendervamp

User Comments:

Accept: I don't have to worry / 'Cuz I know Slendy's watching me / No one else sees him, it seems / He follows me in my dreams ~D

Dang it, Dimar! Now I'm gonna have to go and find that song on Youtube again...

I just need to clarify something for whoever posted this on Vista:

Accept: and which particular job would that be?

It's not just one job, but she has a particular set of skills which sometimes the other dragons have to draw off. Think Vista-exclusive software. (ick.) Or Windows-exclusive software when the other computer is Linux or Mac.

Got at least one new one on a very recent description I did today.

A rather interesting yet bizarre dragon, Alice Of Musicland (whom is sometimes referred to as just Alice or as the Musicland Rose by most) is said to come from a land where music is of very high importance there and always seems like a musical play every day. Alice would often tell tales of her travels and adventures throughout her homeland before she came into Kim's care. Most of the older dragons tend to think she's rather loopy and apparently stole quite a bit of Leeroy's dragonip, despite her calm and friendly personality and overall cheerful mannerism. The younger dragons, especially hatchlings, enjoy listening to her stories and seem to be fascinated with her tales of a land where music rules all. Due to this, she often tries to get help from various musical and acting dragons in the local area they're currently at to help create stage shows based upon these stories for many to enjoy. The first story, about how she got into Musicland, is the most popular one of Alice's.

User Comments:

Accept: Haha, clever! ~PG

(Hehe, thanks, Pokegirl. ^^ I had to play that song/musical just to gauge what her personality might be. And the Dragonip was a nod to Leeroy's description (it's similar to catnip, and makes dragons go nuts).)

The RumTumTugger is a curious dragon, and a rather unpredictable and chaotic one as well. He tends to enjoy causing a stir, doing the exact opposite of what he's told to do, and even rejecting whatever is offered if it isn't what he wants at that time. It is said that he's always on the wrong side of the cave entrance or door, seeing as though once he gets back to the cave, he's wanting to be up and about again. Basically, he does whatever he pleases and is the "rebel child" among the Jellicle Clan dragons.

Surprisingly enough, despite having similar antics as he does, practically every rudie dragon cannot stand Tugger as he traverses through their territory, as he often acts like everything is his. Tugger believes it's just their jealousy, but, many of passersby would say differently.

Whenever he isn't causing a stir or annoying the rudies living in territories near the cave, Tugger can be found, surprisingly, playing in tug-of-war championships with the very dragons that despise him.

User Comments:

Accept: If you offer him pheasant, he'd rather have grouse...

(xd.png Thanks, anonymous commenter. Cats was one of my favorite musicals from when I was a youngster. In fact, I do have the DVD version that I often play the heck out of and a few CDs (still trying to find the one with the more recent version of Growltiger's Last Stand on it... -__-). I'm glad to see there's another Cats fan out there. *starts humming to Rum Tum Tugger*)

A brash yet noble and courageous dragon, Overture is the first dragon of the Trial By Music Clan.

The clan based itself off the musical play of the same name, which was based off of tales of a group of dragons that were said to be the medians for truth and justice called Trial By Fire. They somewhat act in the same way the DDR cuffs dragons do, where they project the accompaniment of their chosen song. The only catch is that a certain number of creatures that are able to sing must be present in order for the song to be heard.

Overture's song is the only one not to have vocals, but it is also a medley of other songs in the TBM Song Clan. Sadly, he's often the one most ignored as well because of that fact, most passersby seeking the ones with vocalists near.

He's often the one to rush headlong into battle if a performance was interrupted. In his free time, Overture can be found conversing with others, drinking tea, and planning out the next trips that might be taken.

User Comments:

Accept: Nice job! ~PG

(Thanks. ^^ The clan is a tribute to a particular fanmade musical project that's going on. Needless to say, this musical was what introduced me to the Ace Attorney series in the first place. xd.png Overture's description introduces the clan so I don't have to write that in so many times over.

EDIT: Fixed description... Found out a bit too late his was quite wordy and I had to fix it. -__- Original comment stays, however.)

Hyde and Jekyll are said to be the embodiment of the struggle between good and evil. Though, they're considered to be one dragon, both heads have extremely polar opposite personalities.

Jekyll, who is the Red one, is considered to be a nice, courteous dragon towards anyone he meets. He often acts as a gentleman towards many.

Hyde, on the other hand (erm, head), is a maniacal monstrosity, terrorizing anyone in his sights. He usually tries to rip any innocent souls into shreds, but his good counterpart always stops him... Although, that never seems to help either of them while flying, causing them to smash into a lot of various obstacles.

How and why the two are like this is unknown. Some say that they were once the exact same dragon, until a potion managed to turn their world upside-down. Others think it was the work of a sorcerer casting a curse upon the two. Whatever the reason behind the madness is, all passersby know to stay as far away from them when they become very angry.

(Comments from initial version got wiped. It was just the celebration of Herk finding someone spelling the plural form of "Passerby" correctly; and a typo where I always end up adding an 'a' into shreds. ^^'

EDIT: And fixed another typo again... xd.png I swear, this week really isn't the best one for me to be typing...)

Holy Butz! That's a lot of comments (then again, that's a lot of elaborate descriptions from me in one day). 0_o

Got at least one new one on a very recent description I did today.

User Comments:

Accept: If you offer him pheasant, he'd rather have grouse...

(xd.png Thanks, anonymous commenter. Cats was one of my favorite musicals from when I was a youngster. In fact, I do have the DVD version that I often play the heck out of and a few CDs (still trying to find the one with the more recent version of Growltiger's Last Stand on it... -__-). I'm glad to see there's another Cats fan out there. *starts humming to Rum Tum Tugger*)

*waves hand* That would be me! I loved Cats! Saw it in London, Toronto, Vancouver, and Sydney. biggrin.gif

Ah! I remember now. xd.png I think we once talked about it in the CPA. Thanks, Lagie. ^^

I swear, all this music and musical stuff is having a bizarre effect on my description writing and dragon naming... xd.png

Sam I Am - http://dragcave.net/lineage/Sam9j - :

Sam I Am has a strange habit of speaking in rhymes, and not very poetic rhymes, either. He has an obsessive liking for green eggs and ham and is always trying to get the other dragons to try them. He offers his ham and eggs in a box, with a fox, on a train, in the rain, and in many other mildly impossible formats. So far, most of the dragons in the cave have managed to avoid trying his delicacy, but the few who have tried these green eggs and ham find them surprisingly tasty.

Accept: This is Dr Seuss right? -H

Accept: Hihihi ~D

Accept: Loved the Dr.Seuss references.

Yes, Herk, definitely Dr. Seuss! biggrin.gif

Blargh. I need to check on mine but I'm playing Pokemon. And knowing my luck by the time I stop the internet will stop working, so... I'll check a couple.

Sir Dignified of Herktopia, or Diggy for short, is one of the most dapper hatchlings some dragons will ever see. With a top hat, a monocle, a fancy tie, and even a nice cup of tea, Diggy is truly a dragon of great formality.

He was not always so distinguished, though. Before his frills grew in, he was a mischievous, fun-loving hatchling who was often in trouble due to his antics. Nothing much came of it, though, until one day: he was out with a friend, Moleman, throwing fruit at random dragons, and just happened to hit the young Spaghetti with a banana. In her allergen-induced rage, she came at them magic and claw, killing Moleman and giving Diggy himself a long scar down his back, before fainting herself.

His mischievous side died that day, and since then - though Spaghetti remembers nothing of the incident - he has devoted himself to doing good in Moleman's memory.

Accept: A dead hatchie ohmy.gif Poor Diggy - good he remembers nothing -H

Accept: Ha! I love it. ~D

Herk used misread, it's super effective!

Yveltal often stains himself red with dye made from crushed beetles. He claims it's to 'show off his heritage', which with his Royal Crimson grandfather few can complain about, but some suspect greater reason - particularly as he sometimes 'paints' black lines and tries to camouflage his legs. At this stage of disguise, he frequently circles the skies yelling things like 'Oblivion Wing!' and 'Dark Aura!'.

Besides this odd tendency, he also has taught himself to hunt with a wooden slingshot as opposed to tooth and claw, something even intelligent prey doesn't expect.

Accept: Tihihi biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Very interesting! ~D

Accept:

Mishmash of Pokemon and Earthbound references yay!

After fixing a minor thing on GoldenRhino's description (a comma was placed where it shouldn't have been), I get two additional comments.

GoldenRhino's Description

User Comments:

Accept: Very good, interesting story!

Abstain: Who's Kim? The owner, another dragon? ~340

(to first person) Thanks. ^^ And, to answer your question, 340, Kim is the owner (me). It's a nickname/shorthand version of my username. Despite the words "the dragon" being present, Kim's a human. xd.png

xd.png I just got another one done again and started to get comments on it...

GoldenRhino's Description

(New) User Comments:

Accept: *he had become* OR *he got* Who is Kim?... Just kidding wink.gif -H

Apparently, I'm the Typo Queen this week... -__- xd.png

Also: *uses Boot to the Head spell on Herk* (I gotta quit listening to Last Will and Temperament on YT... X'D)

A rather flighty, easily startled, and frail yet powerful dragon, TheMusicalWitch (whose name is often just shortened to Witch) can often be heard singing in a hushed a peaceful tone throughout the cave. She rarely talks to anyone, being incredibly shy to do so, and tends to stick to the incredibly dark caverns near YamiNoOu's resting place or nearby TheSecondAlice's personal singing room.

If any person or dragon tries to approach her while she's singing and she happens to just notice them, she would become very startled and viciously attack the offender (provide they don't run away fast enough). This tends to be a common occurrence, and right when it happens, one of the residents of the cave (usually YamiNoOu or TheSecondAlice) would shout the frantic warning of "You've startled the Witch! Run!" with the last one often being said in various other reiterations. Once she manages to calm down from the startle, Witch would often vanish from the cave for a few weeks for some odd reason.

User Comments:

Accept: Interesting smile.gif ~PG

(I blame the fact my uncle used to play LFD a lot when he was younger... and I found the Witch again through a MMD thing on Youtube for this desciption. -__-)

There was once a wandering sage who was involved in an epic quest to make the best sandwich in all the lands. Along her journey through the volcanic high lands to see about some cheese, she stopped for lunch next to a steaming vent. Nervous, but hungry, she set out the bread on a stone to prepare her meal when the aroma of cooking bread reached her. Finding her bread perfectly toasted she found the stone wasn't a stone at all, but a dragon egg. Taking the dragon with her for the rest of her journey, Toaster of Bread soon lived up to her name. Perfectly crisping the outside of the woman's bread whenever she desired and providing insight on the quality of sandwich meat.

Accept: Tihihi Most EPIC dragon EVAH biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Haha, nice! ~PG

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: *name, perfectly ~D

Curse you commas, you show up where you shouldn't and flee when you're supposed to be someplace.

Wanted to post this before fixing for the Most Epic of comments EVAH. lol

xd.png And here's another new one... I'm really starting to get a few of these done, aren't I?

Kind and gentle, Somnambulist's Wings is one of the many music-loving dragons that resides in the cave. Before he was in Kim's care, Somnambulist traveled to various places in search of a place to call home. Many of passersby would note that he's often surrounded or followed by somnambulists or that there's a large amount of them sighted shortly after he passes through an area. Because of this, he became the symbol of those types of people and was dubbed "the Summoner of Slumber". That was until one fateful day when he was attacked by a large group of hunters. These hunters were after the feathers of his kind because of the rumors surrounding them. Luckily, a large and fearsome Red Dragon (Meiko of the Vocaloids) chased the hunters away and stayed by his side until help had arrived. He was taken to the cave where most of Kim's dragons resided and was nursed back to health. He has lived there ever since, not as ruler of somnambulists, but as a helpful therapist for the dragons.

User Comments:

Accept:

Accept: I can't help it, I imagined Meiko as herself instead of a dragon. xd.png ~D

xd.png I should've saw that one coming, seeing as though I /do/ have dragons named after Vocaloids. Though, seeing Meiko herself saving the life of a dragon seems like a rather interesting thought.

I'm gonna start getting into reviewing descriptions, since I'm eager to see a couple of my own dragons get theirs accepted.

Here are my two pending:

Kamukura is a no-nonsense kind of dragon. He doesn't often like interacting with others, excepting the rare times at which he allows himself to breed. For the most part, he hides himself away deep within a cave, sulking or debating topics between his two heads. Even as Gilded Bloodscales go, he is rather intelligent. In fact there is little in his mind that ISN'T intelligence. He's cold to most dragons, shunning them for being boring or insignificant to him. There's really only one he actually considers his friend, and this dragon is usually the only one ever allowed to freely sleep in the same cave as Kamukura. Even females he breeds with are usually chased out quickly, as his patience can be thin for those who don't interest him.

So far this has:

Blank accept x3

Accept: Sounds Holmes-y :D -H

Accept: EXCELLENT Bloodscale, very fitting to the breed.

Accept: Good job! ~D

Hee, interesting he got compared to Holmes.

And this:

Compared to most Pillow Dragons, Ko (or, affectionately, Koko) is rather active. Sure, he may rarely venture from the cave he lives in, but Kamukura, his fellow resident, provides him with everything he needs in return for his company. And his company requires being awake significantly more than 6 hours a day. When he is awake, Ko is a strange case. He's intelligent, remarkably so, but prefers to keep it to himself. He doesn't have an awful lot of friends or even, as he says, a family to go back to. When he does actually go out to view the world, he takes things at his own pace. While he's perfectly capable of analyzing and taking in things quickly, he enjoys seeing what he calls "beautiful things." He's often attempted to convince Kamukura to do the same, but is always met with nothing more than a snort and Kamu wandering off to go do something productive.

With the following:

blank accept x4

Accept: Very nice :) -H

Accept: Nice job. :) ~D

Accept: Jazzy description!

Accept: Koko is a cute nickname!

Thank you all!

In other news, would signing ~PK be alright? I know you all seem to have personal signatures. :o

All fear the Overgoat! The Overgoat is grouchy, irrepressible, and quite large, a hulking shadow subject to many legends. A shrill and bellowing authority, he is not afraid of making his opinion heard. He can be someone's "pet" if they have enough bribery-fodder.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Abstain: hulking shadow, the subject of many legends (rephrase a wee bit)

Abstain: Sounds like someone got his overgoat. tongue.gif - MC1

Accept: Not bad. smile.gif ~D

There's probably a name for putting non-sentence phrases together separated by commas but I don't know what that is. I think it's fine, though I might replace the comma after "large" with a dash or two.

Thank you all!

In other news, would signing ~PK be alright? I know you all seem to have personal signatures. ohmy.gif

PK should be fine! I don't think anyone else has that. (How do you get PK from Mima, though? huh.gif )

Alright, one I forgot about when I checked the thread earlier:

Dark Boo knows something about herself - she is a female in the body of a male. Luckily for potential mates, she also happens to like females, so whether they know or not there are no problems.

She often hangs around a particular forest of the Enigma Mountains, popping out of the shadows to scare couples - dragon or otherwise - who visit the otherwise-peaceful spot. Often, before revealing herself, she listens in on their conversations, leading her to know the most gossip of any dragon around - as though she only jumps out at couples, she will listen to all said around her.

Her habit of eavesdropping makes her the only dragon to know of Crimson and Indigo's dilemmas, and though she wishes greatly she could tell them, she fears for their life with the overly attached Fira around.

Accept: Yay LGBT dragon smile.gif -H

Accept: Much better! ~PG

Accept: Very interesting! ~D

Though in actuality the first bit came from a typo because I honestly thought she was physically female, but it worked out well~

More descriptions ^^ I describe in spurts.

Though all records of his ancestors have been lost to time, Xenon claims that he is descended from great heroes of old and aspires to be like these unknown dragons some day. He pays homage to his ancestors by setting up a shrine within his home and leaving gifts of food and gems periodically. Though this behavior might seem strange, it may be a positive influence in Xenon's life. Inspired by his ancestors, Xenon treats all dragons and even humans with chivalry and respect. He befriends many and helps wherever he sees he is needed, whether it involves being a playmate for a lonely hatchling or helping an aging dragon gather food. His combat skills are sub-par at best, but there is no doubt that Xenon's noble actions would make his ancestors proud.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Good job! ~D

Soon after he sprouted his wings, Krypton dared the other hatchlings of the clan to race him to the top of one of the tallest mountains on the edge of the territory. After many days of climbing and fluttering his new wings, Krypton made it to the top first; perhaps because none of the others were daft enough to follow him up that high. He then found himself in  predicament, however, as the icy winds were too strong for his little wings and the mountainside too steep to maneuver back down without certain death. So on that mountain Krypton stayed, and there he remains to this day. The winters there are so cold that he is literally frozen as a hatchling, but Krypton has become well adjusted to the vicious mountain climate. He hunts birds and small mammals whenever possible, making sure to keep a stash for the colder winter months. He often sits among the scraggy cliffs and gazes across the misty horizon, wondering how much has changed since he became trapped at the mountain's peak.

Accept: So up there is his fortress of solitude? -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: You have a double space in "in predicament". ~D

(Grr, darn double spacing! And yes, he's got a fortress of solitude and sadness.)

Duana is a peaceful female; not shy, but often more of a listener than a social butterfly. She lives on her own in a den surrounded by trees, and tries her best to live a life of peaceful solitude. She declares herself a pacifist, yet others often see her training vehemently in a clearing near her home. When questioned about why she would be practicing combat and offensive magic when she doesn't like fighting, she will gladly express her concerns for her safety when living alone in the woods. Bears, wolves, humans, and rogue male dragons all pose a threat and she only wishes to be prepared. What Duana won't say, however, is that she doesn't think she could bring herself to kill anything or anyone. The training is for her own peace of mind, and to hopefully scare any potential threats into leaving her be.

Accept: Very nice. Learning to fight so she won't have to. smile.gif - MC1

Accept: I like it! ~PK

(I was a little worried about this one, because I used the word 'pacifist' with a black dragon. But she's still a warrior, just a very passive one tongue.gif)

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments guys!

Breeze is an unusually deep blue Skywing.  He is very quiet and graceful, and he got his name from the fact that he's practically undetectable from above when he flies over deep water.  He's not shy, but he doesn't especially enjoy the company of others, preferring to keep to himself.  He was mocked for his ancestry when he was a hatchling, and still resents some of the dragons in his generation for it.  Despite his tendencies to hold grudges, he is a kind soul and often helps out those in need.  He values bravery, self-sacrifice, and kindness, although he has less of the former two than he'd like to admit.

User Comments

Accept: Great description. We love to know why Waterdeep's was mocked for his ancestry, and some of the sentences have two spaces between the period and the first letter. Otherwise great job!

@Whoever it is: The double space is actually correct (although older descriptions don't have them because there was a bug with double spacing back in the old days), but I can elaborate on that since it seems like a good thing to write about. Thanks!

Grin Grim fears for her reputation as a vampire. Whenever she knows others to be nearby, she maintains her facade of a hissing, cunning beast, but the moment the cave in her close vicinity is vacant, she indulges in her true obsession: Cleaning. Everything must be meticulously spotless, polished, sorted and categorised - and oh, how necessary it is! She doesn't think to reprimand anyone about litter left behind; not only would that blow her cover, but it genuinely doesn't occur to her - after all, it lets her clean, and there's nothing she'd rather be doing.

Of course, owing to that the metamorphosis from filthy to clean cave does not go unnoticed, most other dragons have long since caught on to her unusual obsession and cherish her for her household fervour, but out of respect for her evident shame about her atypical behaviour don't address her directly. Instead, they simply try to be as polite and helpful to her as her alter ego allows.

Accept: Yay for corrections smile.gif -H

Accept: Interesting smile.gif ~PG

Accept:

Accept: Lowercase "Cleaning". ~D

@Dimar: I understand it's an unusual convention, but capitalising after colons is actually OK, and I've come to prefer it smile.gif (I know your accept comments mean you consider it an optional improvement, I just wanted to share in the off-chance you're unaware. ...yeah, okay, that's a vanishingly small chance. I tried! *laughs*)

@herk: ...corrections? biggrin.gif I... think I only submitted this description once? You have me unsure now. I do know I submitted Apeirogon twice in short succession, though, changing 'rigor' to 'rigour' because everything else in the description followed that spelling convention.

Speaking of which:

Apeirogon considers herself a philosopher of infinites. Much to the chagrin of her acquaintances, she's quick to derail any discussion by seizing any tangent letting her indulge in her hobby. 'If the universe is infinite, it cannot have existed for an infinite amount of time, lest there would be no darkness in the sky, for infinite stars would have had an infinite amount of time to shine down upon us,' is amongst the things she can prattle on and on about.

Some friends engage such challenges, arguing there might conceivably be other reasons for such discrepancies. Those especially familiar with her frequently win these arguments, owing to that her obsession is a mere hobby for her, applied without scientific rigour, leaving her ill-equipped to defend finer points of her ideas.

What does delight her friends, however, are her intricate designs - she loves drawing imperfect but lovingly crafted fractals upon the scales of the willing in whatever colours she can find.

Accept: A Max - referencing descrip biggrin.gif I think that's his first -H

Accept:

Accept: Lovely smile.gif ~PG

Accept: Ha ha, I like her. ~D

...I don't know what Max (or Max -?) is. laugh.gif I just like infinities. What is Max (-)?