Dr. Paine

Description comments

@Dimar: I understand it's an unusual convention, but capitalising after colons is actually OK, and I've come to prefer it smile.gif (I know your accept comments mean you consider it an optional improvement, I just wanted to share in the off-chance you're unaware. ...yeah, okay, that's a vanishingly small chance. I tried! *laughs*)

Muahahahaha, yes I know it's ok but I like being obnoxious and telling everyone my opinions on things like Oxford Commas and capitalization. Sorry! xd.png

...I don't know what Max (or Max -?) is. laugh.gif I just like infinities. What is Max (-)?

Oh, I am so glad that I wasn't the only one who thought of Max when I read this! He's a student of Herk's and a friend of mine, and totally sounds like Apeirogon. biggrin.gif

eta: Oh, and he's been ranting about fractals lately. How appropriate.

Edited by Dimar

FRACTALS!!!111!111!!!!!! hi, im obviously the max Dimar mentioned

Edited by Mendanax

FRACTALS!!!111!111!!!!!! hi, im obviously the max Dimar mentioned

Ooh, I see, you're Max. biggrin.gif Hello there. happy.gif Pleased to meet you! Do you know if there's still a room free in Hilbert's hotel? laugh.gif

(Though I guess we should keep this out of the thread, really, board rules and all. If you're so inclined, feel free to chat to me in PM! smile.gif Could ramble to me about fractals all you like, really, I'd love to listen. happy.gif)

Thanks for the laugh ~m! laugh.gif

This Yolk's on You Trotsky (code-named, kind of) - http://dragcave.net/lineage/YaOEK

Yolk has a bad habit of pulling pranks on the dragons in Lagie's caves. From buckets over cave entrances to fake screams in the night when most dragons are in bed and asleep, Yolk has tried them all. She's even adapted the traditional knock knock joke, strutting up to random dragons and saying, "Cluck, cluck." Most of them know by now not to answer with a "who's there" as they know they'll eventually end up with egg on their faces if they do.

Accept: Eggsellent description biggrin.gif -H

Accept: I'm going to chicken out of clucking at this one with cheep puns. ~m

Accept: Ha ha, hilarious! ~D

Accept:

Edited by Lagie

Many of the other dragons make fun of Floating's ungainliness. The younger dragons especially think it is fun to call him chubby.

Nonetheless, he is very optimistic and tries to see the best in everyone and everything. Sometimes, however, he likes to knock young hatchlings off the upper branches of trees in the region, laughing as they fall to their deaths as their wings are too undeveloped to save them.

Accept:

Abstain: ;C

Accept: I love how it started out so happy and then escalated quickly. xd.png ~D

_____

I wanted to do a somewhat 'dark' description. I guess this is what I get.

Btw, I like to look at decriptions, I'm -Ky smile.gif

Edited by Oasis

I noticed a new one on Pushboarder vonFlare's description a couple of days ago...

Pushboarder vonFlare

(New) User Comments:

Accept: I chuckle that he chides folks for using his name. ~m

xd.png I blame the code for his name, I just couldn't pass up the joke when I noticed it.

Don't tell him pike is friends with frank pike, another storm dragon, they used get into trouble with the adult dragons. There were times when they would wander away from Saint George, who looked after them, and ran into adults they didn't know, who would demand to know their names and she would always reply, 'Don't tell him pike' for the fun of it.

Reject: Don't address the reader in the first sentence. *wander *George, who *know. The adults would *fun of it. *her "Don't tell him pike", ~D

I changed what I got sense of, but I don't know where I was addressing the reader or 'her'.

... And not too long after I get DancingSamurai's done did I get a rather amusing comment (though, Samurai would probably see it as a challenge).. xd.png

A rather active dragon who dances through life (both figuratively and quite literally), the DancingSamurai is both a noble and very fun-loving dragon. DancingSamurai's real name is not truly known, but he's often referred to by the title the villagers have called him before he crossed paths with Kim. The latter part of his title actually came from the fact that, like Stainless Moon, he studied the code of the samurai while travelling the eastern kingdoms.

Whenever music is within earshot distance, DancingSamurai cannot help but suddenly start dancing. This happens to be a habit of his since he was a mere hatchling that once belonged to a clan that often acted as traveling dancers. He often tries to remove anyone who doesn't have a sense of rhythm from the dancing area, with little success in doing so.

User Comments:

Accept: I will dance whether or not you like it! YOU WILL NOT REMOVE ME -Ƭ

Reject: Don't address the reader in the first sentence. *wander *George, who *know. The adults would *fun of it. *her "Don't tell him pike", ~D

I changed what I got sense of, but I don't know where I was addressing the reader or 'her'.

OH! Sorry, I confused the dragon's name "Don't tell him pike" with an actual command addressing the reader. That would explain why the rest of the description confused me so much. xd.png So yeah, my mistake. When names aren't capitalized I seem to lose all understanding of names vs. context.

OH! Sorry, I confused the dragon's name "Don't tell him pike" with an actual command addressing the reader. That would explain why the rest of the description confused me so much. xd.png So yeah, my mistake. When names aren't capitalized I seem to lose all understanding of names vs. context.

That explains it, thanks for the corrections.

Greyfivay is an odd, solitary dragon.  Her name was of great controversy back when she was a hatchling, since the official name listed for her breed in the Dragonopedia is "Gray Dragon."  Her keeper nevertheless decided to call her Greyfivay rather than Grayfivay due to her native dialect spelling the word as "grey."  She was always gossiped about and there were a lot of unpleasant rumors surrounding her, hence why she chose self-imposed isolation over the social life that many dragons in her owner's cave lead.  Lately she has begun to make friends who won't judge her by what others think of her, but she is sensitive about her name and can be difficult to be around when the subject's brought up.  Greyfivay loves the sky, and thinks of it as her domain, her place to think and be alone.  Her powerful magical control of it makes her feel like its master, although the weather is too capricious to truly be controlled even by her breed.

User Comments

Accept: Don't worry Grey, just because the authors of Dragonopedia where uncivilised colonial barbarians, you shouldn't suffer wink.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: I prefer "grey" over "gray" too. And I'm American. xd.png ~D

First accept is best accept. And yes, I'm British and will poke fun at the discrepancies between our spellings of words and the American ones. These colonial barbarians should clearly not be in charge of spelling things! (No offense to Americans, I'm just being dramatic.) That description just jumped into my mind - I realized I couldn't call her a Grey Dragon without it looking really awkward next to her breed description.

Nighttime has only one hobby, and that's sleeping.

He is content with the flock of other dragons he shares a cave with, and never challenges the alpha males. Once he joined the group, he saw no reason to carry out normal actions, as he is fed daily and cared for, and became very dormant. His right head is the only one that ever urges the body to move, although most of the time it joins the left head in peaceful slumber.

Accept: Is this the mate of HushnowQuietnow? smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Hmm, that's two sleepy Splits I've seen today. xd.png ~D

Accept:

Accept:

@ whoever 'H' is- HushNowQuietNow is another one of my dragons, but not his mate. I've themed the splits I have on this sleeping thing, lol

Hush likes to torment him, I suppose

On that note:

Hush has a talent which is really annoying to the other dragons, she seems to be able to find ways to make them fall asleep. She lulls some asleep with sweet scents, others with gentile coos, or send them sweet thoughts to send them to a state of tiredness or exhaustion.

Her two heads seem to laugh at the mischief they cause, although sometimes one of her heads will try to make the other fall asleep. She has been successful more than once, causing some confusion as one of her heads would be swinging to the side as the other lead the body in frolicking through the sky.

Some of the more intelligent dragons have figured out what she is doing, and have blocked her thoughts from their minds, but she continues to aggravate the others, particularly dragons of her own species.

Accept:

Accept: /me hears SweetieBelle singing this Aretha Franklin style in her head biggrin.gif -H

Abstain: other dragons: she seems ---- gentle coos (not gentile) --- as the other leads (needs s ) ---

Accept: Nice! -nat

Accept: *dragons: she seems ~D

Accept:

I can't even on these comments, LOL

Yeah - I checked taht he had a different regular mate smile.gif

And again Lagie shames me by spotting so much I over-read ohmy.gif

i LOVE THE ONE

(caps)

person who abstained the second with grammar-naziness

(@them, I fixed that little mistake, although lead is on purpose tongue.gif)

Edited by Oasis

i LOVE THE ONE

(caps)

person who abstained the second with grammar-naziness

(@them, I fixed that little mistake, although lead is on purpose tongue.gif)

one of her heads would be swinging to the side as the other lead the body in frolicking through the sky.

one head would be swinging and the other leads - you can't have lead because of it being only the one head!

I've been meaning to point out these ones when I first saw them, but I was quite busy with other stuff to do so... So, here's a couple of amusing comments on a dragon's description.

DancingSamurai

(New) User Comments:

Accept: Tihihi biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Harakiri kisama! ...not really. Viva Samurai! Hea! ~D

xd.png It appears that someone else listens to that song and caught the reference right away.

The Man in the Tan Jacket is a mysterious figure, someone no one can really describe because they don't remember him. They know he's a wyvern, but exact features elude memory. It was believed for a long time that he was malicious, but he has since made some allies, who reported they like him but don't remember his appearance. He's also a frequent traveler, probably because he has everyone's best interests at heart and just wants to protect them. He is recognizable by his tan jacket and a deerskin satchel that contains flies, but those flies are trained and so are not a threat.

Abstain: Trained flies?? How could flies be a thread in the first place? -H

Accept: Wait, isn't his name Emmett, Everett, Ernest...? Something like that. ~PG

Accept: Ah, funny, I just drew The Man In The Tan Jacket a few minutes ago! xd.png ~D

If I were suddenly surrounded by a bunch of flies, they'd be a threat to my sanity. cool.gif I'm guessing you were only able to draw Emmett's... Everett's... Ernest's... eh, that fellow's briefcase and jacket, Dimar? biggrin.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

I can bump this if it's a legitimate post, right? :/

Anyway:

Blobkins is a cute little hatchling who suffers from a genetic condition making her chubbier than others of her kind. Instead of being self-conscious, though, she is proud of this, as she can serve as the perfect cuddle toy for sad dragons. Said dragons then protect her from the taunts of the not-so-accepting, even going so far as to chase them off.

She is a good friend of Dark Boo, often going to comfort dragons the latter has heard are upset. This has, amongst other things, given the lovestruck Indigo an excuse to yell at Fira without revealing his true feelings for Crimson.

Accept:

Accept: last sentence confusingg....but otherwise great

Accept: Aww... Sweet!

So I wrote this at stupid o clock in the morning and I think I meant something about Fira hurting Blobkins and and I don't know :/

Parini-Bemira The 2nd had her name selected for her, though she had never fully been explained the meaning of it. She was the only hatchling of her parents, and no dragon nearby has a compound name. They say it's something to do with her "parents' origin" and "tradition".

She does spend a lot of time aiding any young near her lair, as typical of her breed, but she has an odd habit; She greatly enjoys reviewing the stories of those she comes across. She will always listen intently to any being who approaches her home with a tale, then give her opinion of it and any ideas to help it. She'll even send a written note to the storyteller, should they be short of time.

However, most prefer to get the review audibly, as her notes often have mistakes. A more notable time was when a fisherman complained on her accusation of him killing the fish in a lake recklessly. Apparently, she had written about his "rout fishing", rather than "trout fishing".

Regardless, she's very nice and loved by many.

User Comments

Accept: So, am I doing her review, or am I her, and I'm reviewing myself? Or...

Accept: LOL nice. ~D

I think I either broke Herk's mind or tore a hole in the fabric of reality by making the universe divide by zero. In either case, I feel this is an achiev- *gets sucked into a sudden portal*

User Comments

Accept: So, am I doing her review, or am I her, and I'm reviewing myself? Or...

Accept: LOL nice. ~D

I think I either broke Herk's mind or tore a hole in the fabric of reality by making the universe divide by zero. In either case, I feel this is an achiev- *gets sucked into a sudden portal*

That comment is not by me MC - I haven't hit the queue for a couple of days now sad.gif

That comment is not by me MC - I haven't hit the queue for a couple of days now sad.gif

If it wasn't you, but they claim it was you... Oh man. I've unleashed a dark Herk clone! Run, run! tongue.gif

Freckle Butt has a cute bum. The spots there are an unusual, inorganic cyan, which was a source of teasing when she was a hatchling. The others now compliment her shapely spotted rear, to her embarrassment. The most daring of those overtures had Freckle Butt trying to keep her frills down while scooting away and spouting excuses.

Accept: Why *inorganic* How does the colour not have carbon in it??? -H

Accept: LOL ~D

Abstain: ...Uh... it's probably not a good idea to write a description focusing on describing her butt.

Herk - 'Cause #00FFFF can't be found anywhere in that forest except on her, so they think it's unnatural. Should I give a sentence in the description to clarify?

Abstain - But, butt, but, it's so shapely and spotted. wink.gif

Herk - 'Cause #00FFFF can't be found anywhere in that forest except on her, so they think it's unnatural. Should I give a sentence in the description to clarify?

Abstain - But, butt, but, it's so shapely and spotted. wink.gif

OK smile.gif I'd probably use unnatural then. "Inorganic" is a chemistry term and it really confuzzled me as an attribute of a colour.

The Silver Fire Breather is a spiteful dragon. It hates its owner with a passion and refuses to fulfill his master's wishes.

That is the description of my first silver and first rare http://dragcave.net/lineage/I1cb.

However he has decided to not breed me silvers so I described him like I do with dragons I am angry with.

User Comments

Accept: OK smile.gif -H

Accept:

Abstain: Either "He hastes his owner" or "its master's wishes", for consistency ~PG

Accept:

Accept: Adding more about their personality or a backstory would be a lot more interesting. ~D

Reject: Umm where did you put 99.99 percent of the bio?

One day bHsHs woke up from a horrible nightmare. The dragon keeper had entered her lair walked right up to her and stabbed her with a dagger before she even knew what was happening. She had glared at the dragon keeper as her life left her eyes, wondering why the keeper had betrayed her. After she awoke she went out looking for her mate, only to find him by the lake with another dragon. She howled in rage and rushed toward the other dragon who took one look at her and was so scared that he forgot that he had wings as he ran from the horrible sight that bHsHs had become. It was then that a thirsty bHsHs saw her reflection in the lake, and let out an even louder roar then she had before.

Accept: Poor dragon sad.gif -H

Accept: Very good.

Accept: Not bad. smile.gif ~D

Had the description in mind a while ago. I only now got to write it

Despite pledging never to kill, the ever-calm Hereth will nevertheless show the occasional moment of rage - against zombies and all those who attempt to cheat death.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Ok smile.gif ~PG

Accept:

Accept: *rage against ~D

I would prefer to keep that pause between rage and against but thanks anyway Dimar. I see no has spotted the Legend of the Cryptids reference yet

Skwith is an excellent flyer. At one time she was an advertisement before being enchanted by a wizard. Like any good salesdragon the word no is not in her vocabulary. She is disliked by the clan's Arsani dragons as she would make dragons pay for what they would gladly give for free. Fortunately, the powers of a mere two Arsani dragons do not extend to firebreathing abilities, so she is safe until they can talk a Red dragon around.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Haha, very cool. ~PG

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Ha ha, nice! ~D

Thank's again for the nice comments, although, who's PG?

Edited by Chaos Rider