Dr. Paine

Description comments

If it's a female you could alter the spelling a bit and make it Nobelle Prize. Or if it's a boy you could, again, alter the spelling and make it Nobel Pryze.

That's what I had to do when I named my Alt Black, Pitch Blaq instead of Pitch Black.

...I finally get the reference.

Says the user with dragons called "The Nightmare King" and "Nicholas Saint North" ._.

(Offspring of Chemistry Lab is named Nobel Prize Nominee. happy.gif)

Many thanks to the mod(s) checking descriptions the day before yesterday, for your hard work. I saw that a couple of mine were approved a few minutes after I submitted them. smile.gif

Horribly disfigured ever since hatching, Mazikeen puts the fear of the GoN into people when they just look at her. Her face appears to be half melted, and some wonder how she eats with half of her face basically paralysed. But most take no time to wonder; they simply run screaming. Which is a pity, as Mazikeen is probably the most gentle Hellfire Wyvern imaginable. Brought up in the clan by White dragons - who tried to heal her disfigurement but never succeeded - she shares their pacifistic worldview and generally friendly attitude. Every time some human runs from her, her heart breaks a little, and she seeks comfort with her mate Song of Earth or her best friend Morningstar.

Got:

Accept: Ry rord Ruzifah! --lw

And that's one of the many, many reasons why I love you rinsie <3

I haven't been writing Vocaloid descriptions lately, so I started work on describing my Creepypasta character dragons xd.png Here's the description for my GoN named after Herobrine.

Xx Herobrine xX is the only Guardian Of Nature in his Cave, and he takes this responsibility very seriously. Perpetually cloaked in thick fog, he patrols his home territory relentlessly, on the look-out for intruders. If Herobrine wants a dragon to leave his territory, they will soon know about it from the sight of two glowing white eyes in the fog watching their every move. He seldom attacks, simply stalking his victims endlessly until they are sufficiently unnerved by the constant fog and the eyes watching them that they simply leave. That said, Herobrine is fiercely protective of the other members of his Cave, and he will kill intruders if it is necessary to do so in order to guard his homeland. Despite his protective nature and the fact that he travels widely across his territory, very few dragons in the Cave have seen Herobrine clearly, and even fewer have spoken to him. He is known only as a mystical figure, a sort of unseen guardian angel, and that is how he prefers it to stay.

•Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

•Accept: Good job! ~D

Ah, but neither of you get the reference, do you? Oh, if only you knew... *sits in the corner cackling mischievously*

Anyway, the idea of being stalked through thick fog by a GoN is terrifying in itself.

EDIT: Moar creepypasta descriptions!

BRVR may appear to be a typical Electric dragon, but he possesses a mind more dark and traumatised than any other member of the Cave. As a hatchling, his father I Am Paranoia was too mentally ill to care for him and his mother Red's Pikachu spent all her time on adventures with her friend Red, so BRVR was left in the care of the Shadow Walker Vivere Umbra. At first, Vivere took great care of the little Electric Dragon, for he was shunned by the other dragons in the Cave due to his breed and had no other friends. BRVR and Vivere became constant companions, the hatchling revelling in the undivided attention he was given. But as time went on, Vivere made other friends, and BRVR was left alone for increasing amounts of time. Eventually Vivere forgot about him completely. Cowering in the darkness of his cave, BRVR waited in vain for his friend to return, slowly becoming insane to the point that he now kills anyone who approaches. After all, BRVR wants them to suffer in the same way he did.

•Accept: OK - H

•Accept: Poor BRVR. :'( I've read Pokemon Dead Channel a couple of times, but it still pains me when I realized that he felt abandoned... As much as I'd like to give him a hug, I'd rather not be killed. ~Kim

•Accept:

•Accept: Good job! ~D

•Accept: Nice, Very good!! smile.gif

*waves to Kimoko* There are a lot of creepypasta characters I'd like to hug if it wasn't for the danger of being killed... Jeff, for a start.

Song of Unhealing is one of the stranger and more unnerving dragons in the Cave. His name comes from the beautiful and oddly hypnotic melody which he hums almost incessantly, a song without words. Strange things happen when Unhealing is around; birds fall dead from trees, distorted laughter can be heard on the wind and dragons who irritate or obstruct him seem to suffer from terrible bad luck. The White Dragons report that their patients always seem to get worse when he is in the vicinity, and it is rumoured that he once caused a dragon who was pestering him to burst into flames. If anyone asks Unhealing about these occurrences, he will tell them the tale of a hatchling called Ben who drowned and whose tormented spirit can be summoned by the song that he hums. No-one has ever been brave enough to try humming the song themselves, however, so whether anyone else could summon the spirit - if it exists outside of Unhealing's imagination - is unknown.

•Accept: OK smile.gif - H

•Accept:

•Accept: Nice job. smile.gif ~D

Thanks guys!

And this one isn't a creepypasta reference, just one that I was asked to write over at Forum Games.

I Wrapped It Up And Sent It, as his name suggests, is totally obsessed with wrapping things up and decorating things - even when it isn't Christmas. He has an Arsani-like habit of giving other dragons presents at all times of the year, and although these gifts are often just twigs or pebbles they are always beautifully wrapped in grass, bark or moss. The branches of trees around his cave are usually strewn with brightly-coloured paper and feathers, and Wrapped even attempts to 'decorate' the caves of other dragons, although he usually ends up annoying the occupants. At Christmas, however, he and the other Christmas Dragons work together to cover everything in the vicinity of the Cave with beautiful strips of metal foil, baubles and tinsel, and even the grumpiest of dragons appreciate their handiwork.

•Accept: He is a "pranking* dragon biggrin.gif -H

•Accept:

•Accept: *bark, or *baubles, and ~D

I can't decide whether I prefer to use the serial comma or not, so I'll just leave it as it is I think. Thanks for the comments though laugh.gif

A description for Vivere Umbra is forthcoming, as are descriptions for LostSilver, Rugrats Theory and maybe Smiledog.

EDIT 2: Voila, the promised description for Vivere Umbra tongue.gif

Vivere Umbra is a typically mysterious Shadow Walker dragon. Although he has many friends among the other Halloween dragons in the Cave, none know that he once had a friend of an entirely different kind, a neglected Electric Dragon hatchling who ended up in his care. This hatchling's name was BRVR, and for a while he was Vivere's only friend, for the Shadow Walkers were shunned by the other dragons in the Cave. BRVR and Vivere were inseparable. However, Vivere began to realise that there were other dragons who were considered outcasts because of their breed, like the Black Marrow dragons, and he began to make friends among them. Looking after BRVR seemed less necessary and more of an annoyance, so eventually Vivere simply left him in his cave. He didn't return until some weeks later, when he was horrified to find that BRVR had become a deranged killer, driven insane by the torment of being left alone and abandoned by his only friend.

Vivere will never quite be able to forget BRVR.

•Accept:

•Accept: Sad yet creative =C Poor Vivere

Thanks, unknown person! Although to be fair, this is inspired by the Pokémon Dead Channel creepypasta, I probably wouldn't be able come up with something so creative myself unsure.gif Oh well.

Edited by dracopenguin

Delete has plans. Romantic plans. She's looking for that perfect mate. The dragon to fulfill her every dreams. To sweep her off her paws and make her heart melt.

So far, every dragon she's met that comes even remotely close to her plans has already had a partner of his own, and Delete has too much of a conscience to break up a set couple for her own romantic ends. Still, in spite of her conscience, she can often be heard muttering, "Delete the wife," leading many of the other dragons to think she might be a tad touched in the head. Deleting the 'wife' would only lead to heartbreak for the male in question rather than fulfilling Delete's dreams.

Accept:

Accept: ROFL funny. ~D

*picks Dimar up off the floor* Thanks! smile.gif

(It's a Star Trek: Voyager line.)

Finally got around to doing the descriptions for the two joke-swear dragons (based off of their actual code or of their lineages' codes, and an in-joke from my year as a basketball manager). Needless to say, it only took a couple of seconds to get an interesting reply to one of them.

Short-tempered and headstrong, Pushboardin' Dorkface is one of many descendants of the great ancestor Mildas Dorkface. He often prefers to be called Mr. Dorkface or Mr. Board, as the first part of his name is actually considered to be a swear word in some circles (and he's also heard Kim shout it a few times when stressed and frustrated). If someone slips up and calls him Pushboard, they'd better run for cover, as he is known to become dangerously violent whenever someone even dares to utter that word in public. If he is able to restrain his anger during that time, the worst anyone can get from his is a loud shout of "HEY! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! THERE ARE CHILDREN NEARBY!" and various iterations of similar short-rants. Whenever he isn't busy working on buildings, repairing wagons, or other things for villagers in the local area, Mr. Board can be found resting, drinking some tea to calm his nerves, or ranting his current anger at couple of White Dragon Dorkfaces (for therapy, they say).

User Comments:

Accept: This is HYSTERICAL!

EDIT: Noticed a Typo... Fixed it.

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

This is one of my many descriptions pending approval.

Sur le Pont d'Avignon is the Alpha Female for a squadron of migratory sea dragons comprised of Deep Seas and Shimmerscales. Like all members of her squadron, she can be identified by a distinctive possession: a smooth black stone imprinted with a glowing Pisces symbol. Though she spends most of her time in the deeper parts of the ocean, she occasionally travels to the surface of the water to watch thunderstorms.

One of the reviewers replied with this comment:

*l'on y danse, l'on y danse* smile.gif -H

I'm glad someone else got the reference for her name. tongue.gif

This is another one that Kimoko requested I write over at the Forum Games:

Like her owner's other Arsani dragon, CAN'T FIGHT THE HOMESTUCK, Beatles' Only Need Is Love is something of an oddball. When not giving other dragons presents, she keeps pet beetles. She lavishes a great deal of care and attention on these tiny creatures, spending a considerable amount of time feeding them and polishing their shells, and often comes to blows with the Striped Dragons who enjoy eating beetles. Out of all her beetles, Beatles' favourites are four specimens which she has named George, John, Paul and Ringo; she claims that 'all they need is love' and that these humble insects are destined for great things. Most of the dragons have accepted her strange habits; after all, Beatles' love for beetles seems quite normal when she is compared to a certain cuttlefish-obsessed Flamingo Wyvern.

Accept: The song is called "All you need is loved" :/ The name bugs me (pun intended) -H

Yes I KNOW Herk, it's just - oh, never mind. Her name makes sense to me.

Well, after a couple of days after fixing a couple of typos on Push... I mean Mr. Dorkface's description, I got this one comment...

Short-tempered and headstrong, Pushboardin' Dorkface is one of many descendants of the great ancestor Midas Dorkface. He often prefers to be called Mr. Dorkface or Mr. Board, as the first part of his name is actually considered to be a swear word in some circles (and he's also heard Kim shout it a few times when stressed and frustrated). If someone slips up and calls him Pushboard, they'd better run for cover, as he is known to become dangerously violent whenever someone even dares to utter that word in public. If he is able to restrain his anger during that time, the worst anyone can get from him is a loud shout of "HEY! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! THERE ARE CHILDREN NEARBY!" and various iterations of similar short-rants. Whenever he isn't busy working on buildings, repairing wagons, or other things for villagers in the local area, Mr. Board can be found resting, drinking some tea to calm his nerves, or ranting his current anger at couple of White Dragon Dorkfaces (for therapy, they say).

User Comments

Accept: Yay for corrections smile.gif -H

Accept: OMG this is hilarious biggrin.gif ~D

Hehehe, thanks, Dimar. Interestingly enough I written vonFlare's description before his and had the thought of "what if there were very short-tempered Dorkfaces", thus how Mr. Board's description came to be.

Also: It seems, at this current time, the Describe-A-Dragon thread has, basically, became a describing volleyball match between Dracopenguin and I... I rarely see anyone else in there requesting dragons to be described.. -__- xd.png

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

This kind dragon was named after a faerie of great renown. Like her namesake, Azzie enjoys making everyone around her happy. She tends to stay with the other Holiday dragons in some place unknown, though children in several rural villages insist that she leaves gifts of food and stones for the poor and needy on a regular basis.

One of the comments I got back was as follows:

Your villagers are rather a bossy people!

I now refer to the dictionary for the most direct correction to this misunderstanding.

insist |inˈsist|

verb [ intrans. ]

• [ reporting verb ] maintain or put forward a statement positively and assertively : [with clause ] the chairman insisted that all was not doom and gloom | [with direct speech ] “I really am all right now,” Isabel insisted.

In this context, "insist" is meant in the way "I swear I saw something just now". I wasn't sure if the word "swear" would be understood in the fashion of "insisting something to be true", which is why I used the word "insist" instead.

Should I change it to something else?

“I really am all right now,” Isabel insisted.

Would you then say:

“You really have to leave gifts of food and stones for the poor and needy,” Isabel the child insisted. ?

Would you then say:

“You really have to leave gifts of food and stones for the poor and needy,” Isabel the child insisted.  ?

No.

In that context, I would use the word "demanded".

EDIT: To help clarify what I am trying to get at: in this particular situation, the village children claim that they are being left gifts by a dragon. No one believes them because they are just children; they keep telling the children not to tell lies/make up stories. And yet, the children do not retract their statements, but repeat them with more emphasis.

Edited by Torkie10

No.

In that context, I would use the word "demanded".

EDIT: To help clarify what I am trying to get at: in this particular situation, the village children claim that they are being left gifts by a dragon. No one believes them because they are just children; they keep telling the children not to tell lies/make up stories. And yet, the children do not retract their statements, but repeat them with more emphasis.

I think I understand what you were trying to say, but I did misunderstand it the first time I read it. Perhaps say "... insist that they see her leaving gifts..." or, "insist that a dragon leaves gifts..."

I think I understand what you were trying to say, but I did misunderstand it the first time I read it. Perhaps say "... insist that they see her leaving gifts..." or, "insist that a dragon leaves gifts..."

That's a good idea. I'll try that, thank you. smile.gif

Vorfreude seems to have an endless enthusiasm for everything. She chirps excitedly whenever she's introduced to something new and always finds something to look forward to, even things considered boring by other hatchlings. If Vorfreude were a human child, she would be all smiles.

Accept: "If Vorfreude was a human child..."

I'm sure it's "were" (because the dragon isn't human).

Thanks for the comments on my other descriptions. Too lazy to collect 'em all here. smile.gif

I'm sure it's "were" (because the dragon isn't human).

Thanks for the comments on my other descriptions. Too lazy to collect 'em all here. smile.gif

It's definitely 'were', can't recall the exact term for the tense (conditional pluperfect something... tongue.gif ), but definitely 'were'!

It's definitely 'were', can't recall the exact term for the tense (conditional pluperfect something... tongue.gif ), but definitely 'were'!

Yup, definitely "were" - I think it's subjunctive, maybe? At least it is in Spanish. Subjunctive then conditional pluperfect. I think. But I'm absolutely certain that "were" is correct!

Atairum is one of the saddest dragons of his region. He has no family to link back to, and as such, he has learned all he knows by watching other dragons and their clutches. He learned how to hunt, how to take care of himself, and how to trade with other creatures. However, there is one aspect he is desperate to find out the mechanics. Once, while waiting for a group to leave its cave, he saw a dragon and one of its hatchlings pull themselves together and hold each other tightly via their wings and claws, as well as rub their snouts on each other. During this, the hatchling seemed to be very content, almost giddy. He feels this grab must have some power, but none of the other dragons want to spend any time with him, much less explain this magical grab. He tried with a few nearby humans, but they seemed to receive pain more than pleasure, so he believes this magical motion must be something among dragons only. One day, he hopes to unlock the secrets of this bizarre grasping technique.

User Comments

Accept: poor Atairum!! It's a really nice story though!! -Blu

Accept: LOL *mechanics of. ~D

Fixed to add "mechanics of". I was right at the barrier, so I had to change the next-to-last sentence to read "believes this motion must be". Still, glad you appreciate it. smile.gif

Hateful Wonderland, like many Alternative Black dragons, is a proud and aloof dragoness who rarely speaks to 'common' species. However, she is less snooty than simply detached, for Wonderland's mind is always full of visions, visions of the hateful wonderland which she is trying to create. Ever since visiting a human 'fair' as a hatchling, she has been worryingly obsessed with the idea of a place which at first seems fun and innocent but turns out to have dark secrets. In her spare time, she works on building a sort of park, into which she will entice curious hatchlings. What her true intentions are, no-one can fathom, although it is said that she admires Dark Woods Circus, a Dorsal Dragon who captures and exhibits mutant dragons. The few dragons who know about - or suspect - her evil project can only hope that someone will find the 'hateful wonderland' and stop Wonderland before she manages to capture any hatchlings.

Accept:

Accept: I was thinking of Deadman Wonderland and then got to Dark Woods Circus and I was like LOL... ~D

@ Dimar: What's Deadman Wonderland? unsure.gif Also, Hateful Wonderland is a song in its own right, by Miku (I have the Taito version, which for some reason seems to have vanished off the internet).

It's

, just in case you were interested...

Accept:

Accept: I was thinking of Deadman Wonderland and then got to Dark Woods Circus and I was like LOL... ~D

@ Dimar: What's Deadman Wonderland? unsure.gif  Also, Hateful Wonderland is a song in its own right, by Miku (I have the Taito version, which for some reason seems to have vanished off the internet).

It's

, just in case you were interested...

LOL, Deadman Wonderland is an anime and that's what the name originally made me think of before I realized Vocaloid. wink.gif

ETA: Yeah, I'd never heard that song before (not huge Miku fan), so thanks for linking!

Edited by Dimar

There we go. biggrin.gif I'd never be able to name tenses more than a word long, but "were" it is.

Tracksuit does quite a lot of running, in her opinion. Three minutes of jogging in place per day is more than enough exercise, regardless of what anyone else thinks. After the intense regimen, she moseys to the nearest body of water and settles at the bank to do some fishing.

Accept: Best description I've read all day biggrin.gif -Blu

Accept: Not bad. smile.gif ~D

Thanks, and hi, Blu! Are you new here?

Had to re-submit this one, due to a double space issue (which was kindly pointed out to me!)

Lios Mor Arcana is full of enthusiasm. In fact some of the others in the group are of the opinion that he is too full of enthusiasm. Everything he does is just slightly over the top. Even the most mundane of tasks, like hunting for food, can get him so excited and worked up that he usually ends up almost bursting at the seams. Many an unfortunate female has been accidentally smacked by one of his wings when he displays to them, and it's something of a mystery to the other members of the group how he even managed to end up with a mate.

Accept:

Accept: Nice! ~D

Accept: *top. Even* (accidental double space) Tihihi biggrin.gif - H

Edited by Gelert

Number One Assistant is the number one assistant, mostly to his best friend who happens to also be his caretaker since he was a newborn. In fact, she may be the one responsible for hatching the egg. Number One Assistant still a young dragon and can be foolish and self-centered, but he never means harm to those he loves and is remorseful after a fit of greed. He's rescued his friends' hinds a few times and even helped defend an ancient kingdom from a once-banished tyrant (it's a long story). Number One Assistant tries to be as helpful as possible, and he won't settle for being number two, because that's gross.

Accept: *still is a* *friends' hides* Otherwise OK -H

Accept:

Accept: And he's purple, so it fits. tongue.gif ~D

Whoops! Thanks, how'd I miss those two.

Whoops! Thanks, how'd I miss those two.

I'd phrase it as "is still a" and hinds was actually cute! smile.gif

Description for You Think You've Got Tribbles - Crimson Flare Pygmy

You Think You've Got Tribbles is a slightly cheeky little dragon. His small size, plus his impressive turn of speed, means that he can easily play pranks on the other members without them realising who the culprit is. He has been known to snatch food out from under the noses of the Black Tea and Stripe dragons, although some of the larger insects do give him a little bit of trouble. He'll pinch any particles of treasure he can find, spiriting them away to his own little hiding place. It may be however, that soon he'll have to expand the hiding place, since it's starting to get rather full.

I did have to make one slight correction, which is what the accept is referring to.

Accept: Nice changes, and I love the name! -EF

Accept: <3 tribbles ~m

Why, thank you! smile.gif And thank you to the second accepter as well!

Edited by Gelert

Accept: <3 tribbles ~m

And thank you to the second accepter as well!

Obviously I'm no Klingon. laugh.gif

Edited by Awdz Bodkins