Dr. Paine

Description comments

OK I have no idea what happned to have all those nice reviewers crawl out of their holes, but whatever it is I LIKE it.

First of Paul Simon and his (ex-) mate Art Garfunkel:

For a few years Paul was mainly known for his incredible fruitful partnership with his mate Art. The two of them were the darlings of the Moonsilver Artists' Association, and every dragon in the clan loved them. But Paul felt that the two of them grew apart in regards of their feelings as well as their art, so he broke up their partnership and went on to have a solo career. Paul has been a lot more successful than Art ever since. Yet some think it a bit cruel that the small dragon composed a gleeful song about "50 ways to leave your mate".

Accept: Yay! dl86

Accept: Pauuuuuul! Be nice! ~E

Welcome dl86 - nice to see a new face (so to speak)

Art was happy. For a few couple of years she was very, very happy. She had everything a Royal Blue dragoness (at least one from her clan) could dream of: a loving mate, creativity and talent, and the love of the audiences of the MAA.

But then her relationship with her mate went downhill. Paul and her couldn't stand to see each other, let alone work on their art together. Art couldn't help but growing bitter and all her years of fruitful partnership now seemed hollow and false. She got the feeling that her mate took advantage of her all the time. Nowadays she only sings songs about bunny-rabbits when she isn't reprising old hits.

Accept: The bunnies are evil! ~E

Menily is an extremely introverted and quiet dragoness. So much so that the Mints of the clan have voted her Miss Humble several years in a row. Menily has of course declined gracefully each time as the title was too much of an honour. She is generally accepted as "the best shy dragon" for weeks of travel in every direction.

Accept: Nice job dl86

Accept: Or is she?! ohmy.gif ~E

This Pink dragon:

Cadillac enjoys just cruising around. Lazily flying around in the sunlit afternoon with no worries in the world is her favourite pastime, and she won't be hurried by anything short of an apocalypse.

Accept: I can see her just cruising down the streets. xd.png - MC1

Accept:

Accept: A Herkdargon who isn't RB?! APOCALYPSE ~E

I'm in the middle of describing my Royal Blues - I think Eni noticed.

Suddenly the Mike Oldfield song takes on a new meaning:

Moonlight Shadow hates waste of life and senseless romantic gestures. So when he witnessed a young human male getting into some stupid, honourable duel to the death over some female and "true love", MS swooped in to save the fool's life. The human wasn't very grateful though when he carried him away and demanded to be brought back. Had he shown a bit more common sense MS might have brought him back eventually but with things as they were he decided that the hairless ape and his potential mate were far better off separated by a river or two and several hundred leagues.

Accept: That one human is more trouble than he's worth. Probably better off out of their gene pool. Mister Romantic will probably jump off a cliff because he's so far from his target of affection... -Ƭ

Accept: You fixed it! Yaaaaay! ~E

Have I told you lately that I love you T(abs)?

And of course I fixed it Eni.

Like her son Dale, Shadow is the guardian of a hidden valley within the mountains of Mycador. Shadow's valley however is even better hidden and the mountains around it are so high that the only time sunshine reaches the bottom of the vale is for an hour on midday during summer solstice. This valley has a very unique flora and fauna and is a popular spot for nocturnal dragon breeds to spend some time away from hectic clan life. Shadow doesn't mind but keeps a close eye on the number of dragons staying there, so that this special biome won't be destroyed through thoughtlessness.

Accept: Cool, eternal night (almost) dl86

Accept: Very nice. - MC1

Accept: This dragon made me sneeze through even the mention of flora :I ~E

/me hands Eni tissues

Moonon thinks of himself as a ladies' dragon, a real "player", someone who can get a new dragoness or three every night. He treats every female he meets as a potential mate, judges them solely on their attractiveness to him and calls them "endearing" pet names like "babe", "honey", and "dolly".

For some reason all his charms don't seem to work with the dragonesses of his clan though. Moonon suspects some terrible curse of some kind, there is no other rational explanation for his lack of success.

Accept: Okay, I snickered at this. smile.gif - MC1

Accept: Oh Moonon, of COURSE it's a curse! It's OBVIOUSLY not that the dragonesses don't like you! OBVIOUSLY! ~E

Yay a snicker.

Kirsty MacColl

Kirsty is a down to earth dragoness. Despite her lovely singing voice, she never saw the point of joining the MAA or doing more than performing for her own mate and family. Kirsty cares far more for her hatchlings than anything else and would take any risk to protect them from harm.

Accept:

Accept: smile.gif Very nice. A good mommy dragon._t_

Accept:

Accept: Are you sure she's not half-Guardian? ~E

Welcome _t_ .

[Kirsty MacColl was an English singer, most famous for being the female voice in fairytale of NY, if you don't know how she died google it, talk about awesome Mummy]

Eurythmics is a very adaptable artist. He loves to keep up with the newest trends in dragon and human music and to experiment on his own performances. There are long creative pauses (mostly when his parents are arguing and he feels the need to mediate), but every few decades he will come up with a new hit or three, and his style is always up to date.

Accept: Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory... Aw dang it, earworm... -Ƭ

Accept:

Abstain: Stop typoing your dragons' names! xd.png ~E

I typo'd the actual name - thank god for renaming smile.gif

Only is a dragoness who lives life to its full extent. She doesn't shy away from risks, does whatever she feels like, and she looks good doing it. If faced with the choice between two vices she will find a way to indulge in both. Even if she knew that she'd die tomorrow because of her lifestyle, she wouldn't change a thing. At least that way she'd leave a good-looking body.

Accept: Hah! I know some *young whippersnappers* who have that sort of mindset. -Ƭ

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Just out of interest, does dying multiple times mean extra good? Like this description? Not that I'm saying it died multiple times, but XP ~E

Yuki is a well-behaved, quiet, and studious dragoness. She never gets loud when talking to others, she does what her family and clan expect her to do, and she cleans herself up nicely so she won't offend anyone by accident. Her mate thinks that she needs a bit of adventure in her life and gently coaxes her to a bit of excitement whenever he thinks he can get away with it.

Accept: Nice! ~PG

Accept:

Reject:

Accept:

Accept: Can I transfer Yuki to my IT class instead of the idiots who spray deodorant around despite it being a health risk? ~E

Those kind of idiots are still around? blink.gif Darwin works to slowly.

Freddie is a member of the Moonsilver Artists' Association. She is very, very popular with the audiences, her vocal range and her performances legendary and without equal. None of her fans care the least bit about her slightly weird teeth or her wild, constantly changing mating habits, and they adoringly call her their "Queen".

While Freddie adores her audience and can lead them like few others, she keeps her off-stage persona mostly to herself, and only a few of her fellow musicians know about her composing talents, her secret insecurities, and her passionate, tragic relationship to another dragoness that broke up because Freddie couldn't stay faithful to the love of her life.

Accept:

Accept: Amazing smile.gif ~PG

Accept: Nice ~Rwolf

Accept: Is this real life, or is this just herktopia? ~E

Royal Blue Tardis:

RBT is a rogue, an adventurer, a kidnapper, and a hero. He left his home a long, long time ago in search of adventure and has travelled ever since. He regularly picks up humans who he lets ride on his back and who often think they are in charge of the journey, but in the end it's RBT who decides where they go. And that might not be where the humans wanted to go but certainly where they are needed most. The humans RBT picks all have two things in common: they are bright (for humans that is) and they have the heart in the right place. So when they get dropped into the middle of some crisis they make sure to help everyone involved before they climb on RBT's back and ride off into the sunset.

Accept:

Accept: Awesome.

Accept: Very nice, it was fun to read.

Blemo has a very specific kind of synaesthesia: to him all emotions are inseparably connected with tastes. When he's frightened he'll inevitably taste liquorice; thinking about someone makes him taste pineapples and coconut when he's in love, and so on.

His favourite way to feel is definitely blueberry though.

Accept: And when he's hot under the collar, he must feel some sort of pepper! -Ƭ

Accept: Unique. I like it. I wonder what other tastes he could have. smile.gif - MC1

Accept: Tell us what blueberry means or I'll get the hatchlings to call you a big meany pants :I ~E

My hatchies would NEVER do that! (hides the Blacktip hatchie in the queue)

Hellwa is a rather grumpy dragoness. While most of her clan mates, especially her Royal Blue brethren, are friendly to others, treat each other with respect, and try to help their fellow dragons out, Hellwa expects everything to be handed to her on a silver platter. After all she is at least as royal as a Royal Crimson and royalty should be treated as such. She thinks it entirely unfair that her clan does treat everyone the same and judges them on the ground of character and achievement rather than on the grounds of breed or lineage. And if some of the fools fawn over anybody it's one of those stupid Golds instead of her. She wishes life would treat her the way she deserved.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Slap her with a fish! >:o Equality for all! ~E

One of my Shimmers might do this...

Nell Flaherty's Drake (named after a song):

Nell likes ducks. With a heritage of artists, poets, and passionate freedom fighters one would expect more from Nell, but really that is pretty much all about him worth mentioning. Nell likes ducks - with a passion.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: *gives Nell a rubber duck* ~E

Now you stuck a Sesame Street song in my head.

Who Killed my Mummy (her mum is named Amanda Palmer):

For some reason this dragoness has spent her whole life trying to find out who had killed her mother. Which is a bit silly since her mother is very much alive and well if a bit weird. So maybe her mother's creative energy and weirdness just has found a very, very specific and a bit creepy outing in her when she invents tales over tales about how her mother died and how the body was found in freaky circumstances.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Very nice! ~PG

Accept: o_o I wouldn't like to be around her at Halloween... ~E

The Bluest Blue:

Blue is pretty much convinced that he once saw - and then lost - the most beautiful, stunning, impressive shade of azure ever imaginable. He caught a glimpse of perfection, and if it had been on a dragoness (or dragon) he would have followed that creature to the end of time itself. Yet from what little he remembers from that brief moment in time that pinnacle of beauty was the shade of a rather simple wooden box. The box disappeared before he could reach it and none of the humnas living close by owned up to have placed (or taken away) a blue, wooden shed. And so Blue simply pines for that one perfect memory hoping beyond hope to bring the box back just by wishing really hard.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Dooo wee oooo... Love it! ~PG

I'm tying the room together:

No one knows why Rug's room needs any tying together. As far as his clan mates can tell, his lair is perfectly fine: not too small, not too big, and certainly not dimensionally instable.

Still he insists that tying the room together makes his whole existence extremely important.

Accept:

Accept: Is full of string? ~E

Someone asked me why he was nicknamed "Rug" (but I lost the comment because of corrections). The dragon's code is 79RUG and his name is a Big Lebowski reference.

Queenie hoards all the diamonds she can get her greedy claws on. She does it at least as much because of her liking of their sparkling beauty as she does it because of the funny faces all those humans make when they realize that all their hard mining work has been for nothing and "no, they can't have any of the precious stones".

The favourite stone in her collection is "Tom", a diamond as big as a hatchling's head, and she won't let anyone even near it. The other dragons have started giggling behind her back about her obsession with "Tom" because unbeknownst to her, "Tom" is nothing more than a boulder charmed by Gred from Delirium's academy to appear as a diamond, yet only to Queenie's eyes.

Accept: Hm, this "Tom" business sounds veeery familiar! -Ƭ

Accept: I'm sure I saw her already. Is Tom a reference to the MLP rock I forgot the name of and only know about because my sister told me? ~E

Tom was added because my Beloved, Dimar; asked for a Geode descrip featuring Tom <3

With quite a few dargons in the clan dedicating their lives to inventing and preparing all-new, inventive, tasty dishes, the hatchlings have a lot of variety to choose from. But PBandJ only likes one thing: sweet bread with marmelade and the crushed remains of nuts. If anyone offers him anything else, he simply scoffs after (maybe) taking a single sniff, judging even the most elaborate delicacy unworthy in comparison.

Accept: Getting lots of protein, are we? -Ƭ

Accept: Very good! ~PG

Accept: Hmm, peanut butter and mayonnaise is better. ~D

Accept:

You know I love you D, but Ieeeeyuck xd.png

Lycantrophy suffers from a terrible curse: every time the red moon is full, her body undergoes a dreadful transformation, and she spends three whole nights in the body of a human. She has no idea why and how this curse hit her, she only knows that her first transformation occurred right after her wings grew. As a hatchling she hid herself in her lair for all three nights. It took her years to find the courage to let others see her hideous, scale-less form. Nowadays she often spends her time in a four-limbed body among real humans. This has given her a unique perspective on humans and their disgusting customs and weird ideas.

Accept:

Accept: "and their disgusting customs and weird ideas." This description is a win. -1160

Accept: Looks good to me. ~D

Moonmyth is a collector of legends and myths. She likes to share her stories by telling them, yet her main focus is not to entertain others but to collect, compare, and study myths. She is sure that the discovered similarities between

- the legends about the moons told by the Moonstone dragons of the East,

- the myth about a lunar deity shared by Pygmies in the South,

- and the worship of the blue moon as a gentle goddess by the humans in the West

can only be explained by some shared past culture. This kind of thrill of scientific discovery is exactly what she loves about her self-assigned work.

Accept:

Accept: Very nice. I always wondered if truth lies in similar myths myself. - MC1

Accept: A researching dragon. Neat!

Accept: Interesting. ~D

Sternensturm has the personality of a cat.

While many humans might think that cute, they usually change their opinion when faced with a giant draconic lifeform several times their own size that doesn't care in the least for anyone beside itself, loves lazing around in the sun, napping, and playing with smaller creatures (such as humans) before carefully cutting them open with its claw to nibble on the intestines.

Sternensturm of course couldn't care less whether or not humans change their opinion about her.

Accept: Must remember to never mock her and say "here kitty kitty". - MC1

Accept: I certainly wouldn't want a cat-like dragon, a cat is bad enough. Cute descrption.

Accept: Sounds like my cat. ~E

Exquisite has an eclectic taste. Only the best will be good enough for him. His hoard consists only of the purest gold and silver coins, the jewels are flawless, and the fine cloth he rests his head on is - of course - finest silk. The point where a lot of other dragons of the clan get agitated though is when he catches fish only to slit the animal open to eat the egg mass and then he throws the rest away. The Blacktips and Seawyrms just shrug though and are happy about the free-food rain.

Accept:

Accept: A dragon that likes caviar. LOL. Nice descrip! -Hawk

Accept: Eww ~D

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments and helpful corrections, whether you signed them or not. No thanks to the random rejecter - I spotted you 3 times in my comments and I'm slightly amused, but nothing more.

This means I counted 10 different signatures by reviewers some old, some new. I don't think I ever saw that many outside of a description event.

Edited by herk

Aww, I missed two Doctor Who dargons? Boo.

And meanwhile, I have a few random accepts but no more comments since the last time I looked. herk, y u so popular

Well, I'm still working on that goal of describing all of my dragons. I just finished all of the Albinos, and here are the comments so far.

PG Kerwyn:

Kerwyn has developed quite the reputation among the hatchlings of the clan; they believe him to be the greatest adventurer on this side of the mountain range. To them he's sailed across churning ocean waters, fought epic and mythical beasts three times his size, and stolen more human princesses than they could count on one paw. The adults who listen take his words with a grain of salt, for they know that he's really done none of those things. The 'ocean' he soared over was just a nearby pond, the 'mythical beasts' are just the many pests who sometimes invade his home, and the 'human princess' were simply lost human playthings that he stumbled upon. But Kerwyn never tells the hatchings any of this, of course, even as they grow older. Because he knows that part of the innocence of childhood is using a little imagination to turn the smallest of victories into the grandest of tales, and he never wants them to underestimate themselves.
Accept: D'aaw smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Ha ha, nice! ~D

PG Valkea:

All Albino dragons are known for their oily secretions, but Valkea was born with a condition that made her skin produce more than normal. Much to her dismay, most onlookers see her as a tattered mess. In some places her skin is red and irritated from too much oil, and in others it is actually sunburned from her many attempts to wash the extra oil off. Though most dragons are kind enough to her now, Valkea was bullied relentlessly by the other hatchlings for her patchy appearance.She jumps into the water and scrubs herself red, trying desperately to rid herself of the stuff that caused her to be an outcast for her entire life.

Accept: *appearance. She* (space) Poor dargon ohmy.gif -H

The space thing happens a lot because I always go back and add/remove sentences once I think I'm done xd.png

PG Baine:

In the deepest depths of a cave carved deep into a mountain and surrounded by a dense, sunless jungle lives Baine; a nearly blind Albino dragon whose existence is unacknowledged by most of the clan. He uses his acute hearing and sense of direction to navigate the tunnels he calls home, and prefers to stick to the stagnant, murky waters that created them. Growing in his caves are huge, pulsing crystals of a size and purity that those above the ground can only dream of. They are a local legend among both dragons and humans, with the tales normally involving their supposed mystic healing properties. Baine doesn't recognize their value in this way, however, as he can only recognize the light that they produce and is drawn to it like a moth to flame. He guards his crystals with a passion; all those who come to his cave in search of them will soon find themselves lying back at the cave's entrance with a throbbing head and little memory of what happened inside.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: This is good ohmy.gif ~E

PG Alba:

Giggly and always smiling, Alba is on of the youngest and least mature hatchlings living in the clan. She isn't the brightest, and trips over her own paws at least twice daily. The Albino hatchling is the epitome of childhood innocence, and never fails to find something amazing about everyday occurrences. Some say she spends too much time around Kerwyn, and that his morals and philosophy about preserving childhood imagination and innocence are rubbing off onto her. While others have their opinions, Alba is much too busy bending over backwards and trying and make the world go upside-down again to care.

Accept: Lovely smile.gif -H

Accept:

.... then I cheated and went out of order because I had a great idea for a Magi.

PG Satinka:

Satinka has always been passionate about two things: beauty and dragon anatomy. As a young dragoness she studied with the White healers of her clan, and they were eager to train such a promising young pupil with exceptional magical ability. But this soon backfired on them, as Satinka's other passion took over and she began to find another use for her magic. She would reconstruct parts of her face, limbs, and wings using magic, claiming that these edits made her far more beautiful and younger-looking that she otherwise would have been. The Whites, seeing the health risks associated with these procedures, terminated her training without a second thought. Much to their dismay, however, dragons now come to Satinka in order to receive these restorations. They are quite painful, and accidents are common; many walk away with deformities that last their entire lifetimes. But Satinka carries on with a smile, fully immersed in the belief that she's making the world a far more beautiful place.

Accept: Ouch. Now imagine if she was really evil, and just pretending...so glad she's not. ~E

So, some of my first comments form Enigmatron! Thanks biggrin.gif I went through some of my other pending descriptions and found some from _t_ and a couple of others, too. That total is 17 awaiting moderation, according to my Google Docs document. Now I'm off to go do my part and review!

Ahaha, you're welcome~

It seems that bar one from Dimar, I'm only getting comments from Herk right now:

Soul Jar is an excitable little hatchling, obsessed with collecting assorted pots, vases, any pottery vessel a dragon could think of. In each, she puts some sort of treasure - perhaps a green gem in one, and a small skull in the next - and displays them in her vast underground 'museum'. Sometimes, she leaves one out for another dragon to break, the treasure inside a gift to them.

If a dragon dies, however, she is always there with a special jar, which is stored away in the depths of her collection...

Accept: Very good smile.gif -H

Welcome dl86 - nice to see a new face (so to speak)

Hello! lol going to try and get back to being somewhat productive here. smile.gif

*gasp*

I reviewed one of the mighty herks dragons... even if i didn't get the reference. lol

You already got me back.

Edit, first description that comes up after checking thread.... Art Garfunkel LOL

Edited by tjsweepers

An updated one for Satinka:

Accept: DArn - do you read my mind? I just had an RB descrip referencing beauty spells and wanted to do the Magi soon ohmy.gif -H

I noticed herk, I ran into your "photoshop" dragon soon after writing Satinka's description. I could modify it of you'd like, or maybe just change it to a different dragon.

I noticed herk, I ran into your "photoshop" dragon soon after writing Satinka's description. I could modify it of you'd like, or maybe just change it to a different dragon.

Well, great minds think alike~

Two I haven't posted yet:

Fira, while not a Sunstone dragon, became an honorary member of the Sunemoth clan at the bequest of Crimson's late father, Bergund. As such, she feels indebted to him, and so attempts to court Crimson in honour of Bergund's memory, much to his irritation.

But even if she were a Sunstone born into the clan, she would still go after Crimson; she feels that no other dragon is good enough for him, going as far as to injure any other female she catches attempting to 'take him from her'.

Luckily, she knows nothing of Indigo - her rage on finding her attempts would be for naught would be so great that she would likely kill the both of them.

Accept: *had been for naught* smile.gif -H

Cerb'rus, the self-proclaimed Shadowthief, is rarely seen around the Enigma Mountains, preferring to keep to the darkness. He was frozen by an enraged Magi before his wings grew in, so had to adapt to land travel - this, fortunately for him, he is an adept at.

As implied by his given alias, he steals from other dragons, merely for the pleasure of it. And being a hatchling, after all, if he is caught he needs only to plead adorably and most dragons will let him go.

A wise choice, considering the fate of the Magi who froze him...

Accept: uuh - intriguing smile.gif -H

how come everyone else gets so many comments from so many people? Nothing against Herk's comments, but the more the better I guess? X3

Edit: WHOOPS I DIDN'T EVEN REALISE THAT WAS TYPO CORRECTION SORRY

Edited by Enigmatron

What? blink.gif No - it's perfect, great minds think alike and all that wink.gif

Besides "photoshop" works a bit different anyway so they will be different enough that I won't feel like a thief smile.gif

So an update on Fira after the belated fix:

Accept: If she can't have Crimson, neither will anyone else... - MC1

Indigo would disapprove if he knew. xd.png

Sock can't figure out why she has such a strange name. The human who raised her insists on believing some fantastical tale about another human named after socks, who spontaneously exploded all over the cave and was reincarnated as this dragon. Sock-the-dragon knows that this is simply absurd, and has begun to question the sanity of her caretaker.

But lately, the claims have gotten worse. Sock-the-dragon has been alarmed by the human's increasingly desperate insistence that she will be the first Guardian of Nature to ever reproduce... asexually. Although the caretaker affirms that this was all foretold by the original Sock, such a far-fetched idea is clearly preposterous. And not only that, but a trio of BBWs insist on following Sock-the-dragon around like a fan club, respectively named alot.png, Sock-o-mania, and Shipping Like Fedex. And that's still not to mention the mandatory geology lessons.

Life as a Guardian of Nature sure is exasperating.

Accept: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Accept: Her child will be heralded by the arrival of a blessing potato is my guess. XP - MC1

Accept:

OMG, yes. Potatoes.

(And I <3 you too, wifey dear.)

edit: HEY ENIGMATRON! I left a comment on Lilac Peresfield but accidentally signed it ~F instead of ~D. Silly misclick. >.<

edit again: POKEGIRL! I also commented on your green Opal but accidentally signed ~C instead of ~D. I just can't hit the right keys today. tongue.gif

Edited by Dimar

Pahahaha xd.png At least you left a comment! Speaking of which, I should go check on them.

Cerb'rus:

Accept: Nice job. smile.gif ~D

Soul Jar:

Accept: Creepy. smile.gif ~D

That was the point ohmy.gif

Indigo and Crimson:

Accept: Very nice! I wish him luck. smile.gif *like a typical ~D

Accept: I wish them luck. smile.gif ~D

Tyrant:

Accept: D'aww ~D

Shinestone:

Omega:

Accept: Very nice! ~D

Slugmatron:

Accept: Ha, nice. ~D

Lilac:

Accept: Haha, I like that. tongue.gif ~F

(I'm the typo queen! First herk, now you, trying to steal my throne! xd.png)

Lizard:

Aerith:

Accept: Boop! Finally found a description by you. And it looks good! ~PG

Accept:

Accept: Nice story! ~D

Enshrouded:

Accept: Not bad. smile.gif ~D

Fira:

Accept: Good! ~D

So lots of comments from Dimar and one from Pokegirl - thanks biggrin.gif

OK I apologize for all the resubmits and totally blame Dimar who spotted quite a few typos/missing commas overall

Jim is an extremely talented bard, but he spends too much time with intoxicating herbs and other dangerous substances. His fellow dragons worry about him, but he claims that he can only reach his full potential when the plants help him reach a higher plane of perception.

User Comments

Accept: RBs these days, they just can't get enough of those herbs. ~PG

Accept: Whoa man, like whoa and then ya know and dude. Totally rocks. _t_

Accept: Sounds legit. ~D

Accept: Oh dear Arceus. ~E

Ufer loves to speak in overly dramatic metaphors. If someone asks her when they will meet again, they are sure to get an answer along the lines of "when the East has gone and left is but a memory, we can meet at the other side of midnight" or some such nonsense. In normal dragon speak that translates to something akin to "next Tuesday after sundown at the lake". The dragons in her clan have grown quite good at translating Ufer's gibberish into normal speech.

Accept: Teehee ~PG

Accept: I will remember to never ask her for directions. - MC1

Accept: Not bad.~Zel.

Accept: *tries to think of a metaphor for approving this description* I got nothing. :/ ~D

Annie became a member of the MAA after studying music with the fair folk. With a little help from Mab and a transformation spell she learned at Delirium's academy, she managed to spend centuries among the fae as one of their own. Her transformed humanoid form is eerily androgynous and although it's not exactly pretty it has an otherworldly quality to it. And so has Annie's music. She is one of very few dragons who has mastered singing in harmony with herself, and her voices weaves such intricate tapestries of sound that the lyrics don't seem to matter. Even a "ladadidadabanda bada badaaaaa" can hold her audience captive if she sets her mind to it.

Accept: Interesting! ~PG

Accept: Nice... And yet, it explains so much. - MC1

Accept:

Accept: *starts singing that song Lennox sang for the LoTR credits* ~D

Accept: There we go~! ~E

Most think of Kleinti as a slacker, some laid back dragon who cares more about fermented fruit and intoxicating herbs than about anything else. And listening to his songs it's very easy to come to that conclusion, most of them either deal with the subject of intoxication or poke fun at more serious things.

Yet underneath it all Kleinti is a deeply hurt, self-doubting dragon. When he finds the courage to let his true self out, he produces wonderful songs about loneliness and insecurity. But most of the times he follows that with a silly song about artichokes just to make sure no one takes him too seriously.

User Comments

Accept: I'm loving all of these musical RBs, but this guy is my new favorite. ~PG

Accept: Very nice. - MC1

Accept: Herk, you have lots of druggie dragons. *conclusion, as most ~D

Corrected Dimar.

Thank you PG (Martin 'Kleinti Simon was a part of a German singer/songwriter duo, he died far too early, but at least (to quote one of his songs) he got to e older than Kurt Cobain)

Farce loves to pretend that everything is just peachy. She acts for all the world to see as a normal happy hatchling from a healthy home with loving parents, yet the truth is far from that. Crippled by a terrible disease, Farce will never grow up and can't move without pain. Mistreated by a mother who projected her self-hate onto her hatchling and finally driven away by a father who was disappointed in her from the day her egg was laid, there is nothing much in Farce's life that is as it should be. Yet the courageous little hatchling keeps up the facade and acts as if everything was fine with the world.

Accept: Aww sad.gif ~PG

Accept: Aww, sad. sad.gif ~D

Accept: Awwww D: ~E

I hit the pheels.

Chicken has to be the most cowardly hatchling in the whole clan. He is afraid of heights, snakes, spiders (which is awkward since he should eat them), left, the colour purple, growing up, his own shadow, and - for some reason - rhymes. The only thing Chicken is not afraid of are chickens, so he spends most of his time with Aj-Tap, Ypsis, Marianne Dudel, and the honorary chickens Camilla and her Feathers.

Accept: Poor Chicken... - MC1

Accept: I still want to call the Scootaloo thing. ~D

Accept: Hilarious! Does he have panophobia?

No he isn't afraid of either cooking utensils, nor Greek herding gods (the only two things he isn't afraid of tongue.gif)

Two new ones for Paul Simon:

Accept: Maybe the answers lie in the sounds of silence... - MC1

Accept: I kinda want to go Google that now to see if it's actually a song (knowing you, Herk, I bet it is....) ~D

50 ways to leave your lover is awesome

Two for Lisa Stansfield:

Accept: Pfft, didn't see that coming. It made me giggle though. ~PG

Accept: Hehehe ~D

Cadillac:

Accept: My computer needs to stop telling me that "favourite" is spelled wrong or I'm going to start that apocalypse. ~PG

Accept: Well, my hiccups are counting down to the apocalypse so I guess we'll see.

Someone read the older comments in this thread. And I won't give up my BE spelling - neither for firefox nor anyone else.

Monon:

Accept: I might just slap him a couple dozen times, if you don't mind wink.gif ~PG

Accept: Oh, I can't imagine why that would never work! He seems perfect! I am not sarcastic, never! ~D

Eurythmics:

Accept: Not bad. (And I feel like I'm having Herk-withdrawals so here's a random "I love you") ~D

I love you too <3

Uthor Moonswish:

Accept: Aww, go Uthor! ~PG

Accept: How noble. ~D

Accept:

Reject:

Accept: Is that moon-swish or moons-wish? ~E

You know i have no idea I guess it's MoonSwish (after his parents AirSwish

Freddie Mercury:

Accept: Surprisingly touching. ~D

Blueberry Emotions:

Accept: And when he's hot under the collar, he must feel some sort of pepper! -Ƭ

Accept: Unique. I like it. I wonder what other tastes he could have.  - MC1

Accept: But what does it meeeaaaannn? If I said "Herk, you make me feel blueberry" would that be weird? ~D

Well you make me feel Pina Colada Dimar <3

Sweet Dreams:

Accept: Now if only people accepted my ramblings like this! ~E

Amanda -bleep- Palmer:

Amanda is a highly unconventional member of the bleep, yet despite all differences she is highly beloved by her fellow artists and fans alike. But she has one big bleep - a small Brimstone hatchling following her around making bleep sounds over some words of her lyrics, when she talks, and most annoyingly her middle bleep. She really wished she could share her whole bleep with her clan mates but every bleeping time Lil' Censor puts a spanner in the works when she comes to her middle bleep.

Accept:

Accept: xd.png That's so bleeping awesome. ~D

Accept:

Monna has all four claws firmly planted on the ground. Except when she's flying of course, well then one could say she has her head in the clouds - literally. But not figuratively, figuratively she still has all four claws firmly planted on the ground.

Even when flying.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: rofl, I love you so much. ~D

Abstain: I'd really like to see more about why she has "all four claws firmly planter on the ground".

As long as my wifey gets the stupid joke I'm fine.

Midnight cat:

Accept: Haha, very cool. ~PG

Accept: *dances around with a lampshade on her head and shakes her... skirt* ~D

Accept: Yay for fixing! ~E

*I will be in my bunk*

Mythi loves to listen to the stories or songs other dragons come up with and then riff them mercilessly. Not because she doesn't like the stories or dragons, but because poking fun at stuff is her way of showing admiration for something she loves (as well as making stuff she hates bearable). Her rants and ramblings are highly amusing to the hatchlings, but some of the artists she pokes fun at are really hurt by her words.

Whenever Mythi realizes she's hurt someone, she tries to make it up to the dragon in question and show him or her that it was all in good fun. But no bad conscience could ever stop her from her favourite pastime.

Accept:

Accept: Note to self: keep her away from my descriptions! Send her at the bad ones xd.png ~E

Dioyb specializes in light-based magic. He is the go-to guy for Freddie and any other member of the MAA who wants their performances to be extra special. The flares and spirals of light pulsing in the rhythm of the music or mirroring the artist's emotions dazzle the audience every time.

Accept: nice _t_

Accept: Light their fires, Dioyb! - MC1

Abstain: No idea what MMA is - probably some clan of your cave?

Accept: *every ~D

Accept: Good discription!

Accept: Now I'm the typo queen - I misread go-to as go-go or something >> ~E

I honestly hate to read the full name/explanation of a group every time in 20 plus descriptions, so I tend not to write the full name/explanation in every description. Do you really need to know that MAA staads for Moonsilver Artists' Association to get the point that Dioyb makes a magical light show? Does that help? Everything you need to know is in the word "performer" isn't it?

Favourite:

Accept: Congratlations! No typos! ~E

At least Mab won't be resubmitted I guess.

Edit: Had to take away smileys to make this postable.

I can't believe I typo'd my comment in the last one *cries*

And I think I've gotten another accept since I last checked, but I could be wrong. Can has more comments, random accepters?

Edited by Enigmatron

Accept: My computer needs to stop telling me that "favourite" is spelled wrong or I'm going to start that apocalypse. ~PG

Accept: Well, my hiccups are counting down to the apocalypse so I guess we'll see.

Funny that we both mentioned the apocalypse. Now I know what to watch for when my hiccups reach midnight. *goes to warn her roomie*

Well you make me feel Pina Colada Dimar <3

Considering how delicious those are, yay! xd.png

Obsidian is one of the last survivors - along with his cousin, Emerald - of a clan of darkness-influenced dragons, which dates back to ancient times. Although the clan mostly consisted of Black dragons, he and his ancestors up to a certain point are Dark Myst Pygmies due to a Magi's curse upon a former leader's twin.

This curse, as well as forcing the clan to adjust to the needs of Pygmies, had an effect on the individual dragons, too - abnormal growth. Obsidian's variant is abnormally large wings, causing him to often be mistaken for a bat.

Himself, Obsidian is likeable, if somewhat wary of outsiders, with the exception of one. He has a major crush on a Crimson Pygmy named Blackthorn, and hopes his feelings are reciprocated - after all, bar his cousin, who else does he have...

Accept: Very nice! ~PG

Thanks~ He's based on one of my OCs, I had to significantly change his backstory though lest people cry OP. (long story short, TECHNICALLY a demigod, but MAJOR weakness I couldn't put into dragonform.)

I should really have waited until I had Emerald and Blackthorn, but I'm working on it...

Interestingly, someone with the signature of ~PG commented on a couple of my dragons. (I probably should've said earlier during the confusion that I almost always sign with ~Kim, unless there isn't any room to)

Here are the descriptions (and some new comments on older ones):

The disciple of Pushboardin' Dorkface, Pushboarder vonFlare is a calm and level-headed dragon. Much in contrast to Mr. Dorkface, vonFlare has a better control on his temper, only going as far as to nudge a person and scold them in a slightly stern tone for saying the first part of his name (Pushboard, and its variants) as it is considered a swear word in some circles. He often prefers to be called Mr. vonFlare for that reason. Whenever he isn't busy assisting Kim with various tasks or trying to keep his mentor from exploding and possibly harming someone, Mr. vonFlare can be found relaxing in the company of a few other dragons, drinking tea with said dragons or Kim, having interesting discussions, or contemplating the cosmos.

User Comments:

Accept: OK smile.gif - H

Accept:

Accept: Very cool! ~PG

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Nice! ~D

Pushboardin' Dorkface (I think I posted his description here a short time ago, so I'll spare the re-posting of that)

(New) User Comments:

Accept: Haha, very cool. ~PG

Accept: PUSHBOARD

*deadly magic ball is lobbed at anonymous shouter by a rather ticked Mr. Dorkface*

GoldenRhino

(New) User Comments:

Accept: Rhinos are underrated. ~E

I have to agree there. Rhinos don't seem to get a lot of attention for the most part...

A silent and rather elusive Vampire, Cabadath is one of the dragons (along with the four that comprise the Midnight Clan) who often patrols the territory along the cave and Kim's campsite in order to make sure no intruders or malicious folk enter their land at night. Unlike the day guards or the vast majority of Guardian Dragons in Kim's care, Cabadath often makes use of the darkness and his keener senses to ambush and capture any intruder on sight. He doesn't kill them, however, unless he has no other choice. Cabadath often sleeps during the daylight hours in order to reserve his energy for the long nights of patrolling. Much like many of the other musically inclined Vampire Dragons in Kim's care, Cabadath doesn't mind if there's any music playing nearby while he sleeps. Although, he would prefer it wasn't any of the loud music some of the neighboring dragons would play. Despite not being nigh as vicious as the First Alice, he does tend to be cranky when woken up too early.

User Comments:

Accept:

Accept: Good! ~D

Other than those, I've just got a few random blank accepts here and there on the 7 dragons with pending descriptions.

*dodges deadly magic ball* I 'forgot' to sign that one. Oops. xd.png

Edit: I got this on Omega xd.png

Accept: Those darn males! ~PG

Ahaha, at least she's not alone any more X3

Edited by Enigmatron

Okay, I did some new descriptions today. I might do more as the day (erm, afternoon?) goes on... It appears that some tea or coffee, the later times of day, darkness, and usual silence during that time (except for music playing, as I enjoy listening to music while I work) are really helpful in creating descriptions for me... xd.png

Anywho, here are some new comments and descriptions (including one I did a few moments ago).

A rather friendly and energetic dragon, CopperSkye has the task of being a dragon who delivers mail throughout the land. He carries the letters and packages in a special bag designed to withstand the water and incredibly tough currents. Skye can sometimes be seen zipping across the waters as he bolts to his next destination. He often gives out a loud shout to the person, dragon, or other creature that a letter or package belongs to, before jumping out of the water and giving the item to them. He often asks people if they need something delivered, but he never asks for payment or anything in return. He often declines such, as he's just doing something he enjoys doing, unless the one giving the item to him is incredibly insistent and not willing to take no for an answer.

Whenever he isn't busy with his usual mail-dragon routines, Skye can be found relaxing, listening to the local musical groups within the area he's currently at, or talking to NiGHTS if he's in the same area.

User Comments:

Accept: Aww, nice ohmy.gif ~E

Thanks, Enigma. ^^

(Funny thing about this one: Skye was originally going to be either another cave-greeter, like NiGHTS or a day guard (which I mentioned there being some in Cabadath's (currently pending) description), but, somehow, the mental image of that pesky mailman in TLOZ: Twilight Princess (as well as the music) came into mind, thus sparking the mail-dragon idea... xd.png My mind's weird like that.)

A dragon who knows no such things as sanity or strategy, Leeroy is the leader of Kim's Flamingo Division of the Rokaku Handcuffs Sub-clan. Whenever the leaders of each division meet, he's usually the one left out. The reason behind this is because of an incident when they were planning out which division patrols which areas in the vast amounts of territory held by rudie dragons and Kim's dragons. Long story short, Leeroy got very bored and charged head-on at a rudie clan that was just passing through the area, shouting his name and acting like he had gotten hold of some plant that caused dragons to go nuts. Needless to say, the startled clan fought back, injuring several of the division leaders and forcing the entirety of the sub-clan to place themselves on break for two months afterward.

He still does his infamous charge at completely random times, much to the annoyance of the majority of the residents in Kim's care (unless they're laughing their behinds off at such an event).

User Comments:

Accept:

Accept: Interesting. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

(Although he was named that a long time ago as a homage to a certain meme, I blame the honey I used in my tea that I was drinking last night for this description.)

A rather creepy and scarcely seen yet highly misunderstood dragon, Slendervamp (often just nicknamed "Slendy" by most of the residents of the cave) is Cabadath's adoptive son. Cabadath found his egg (of which used to be that of a Dorsal dragon) one night while he was out on patrol. However, Slendy's egg had been abandoned for quite some time. Sensing the egg was close to death - and both desperate to save it and also being curious about what it would be like to raise a hatchling as his own-, he bit the egg, transforming it into a Vampire, and brought it back with him to the cave.

Slendy had grown very quickly, and, much like his father, is often said to patrol the area. However, it is for an entirely different purpose. Kim was having trouble recently with random pranksters vandalizing the grand archives and scrolls, tossing various pieces of papers throughout the cave territory. He often has to retrieve them, and, with that, stop anyone from taking the pages with them at all costs.

User Comments:

Accept: Good job! ~D

Accept:

(Well, the reason behind this one was interesting... Having named Slendervamp somewhat after a certain creepypasta legend, I kind of just winged it on here. To date, this is probably my third one that states the adoptive family bond between two dragons (the other pairs being NiGHTS & SunsetLabrynthe and Love Shocker & MinervaMedora). Again, I blame the honey. -__-)

Oh, that mailman. xd.png How does he recognise Link as a wolf!

Anyways!:

Pi'illo is incredibly fuzzy. Far fuzzier than the average Pillow dragon.

Due to a combination of a bad diet and lack of exercise, he has grown chubby and refuses to move, claiming that he is 'ill and needs looking after'. And so, he sits outside caves all day, his wings - tiny in comparison to his heap of fluff - looking to be uselessly perched atop his back.

Despite many warnings to the contrary, hatchlings from all over come to bring him food in the hope he will allow them to use him as a pillow. And they always bring him his favourite food...

...fresh hatchling.

Accept:

Accept: Creepy. smile.gif ~D

Plot twists!

Also the newest one to have any comments, I described Luster and Obsol33t and assorted hatchies but they don't have any yet. Boo.

Got a new one on CopperSkye's description:

Accept: Hmm, I worry about packages and letters getting wet. xd.png ~D

xd.png That's why he carries them in that bag of his, Dimar, so they don't get wet.

I'm unsure either, Enigma. He probably saw Link transform or it's probably a script glitch they forgot about.

EDIT: Why is it that Pushboardin' Dorkface has the most comments (per accepts) than the others!? I swear, it makes no sense.

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

xd.png That's why he carries them in that bag of his, Dimar, so they don't get

Well, I totally missed that line. Maybe I shouldn't review so late at night! >.<

xd.png

Anyway, I got some new ones~ (also I have 25 described dragons o_o)

Had one for Obsol33t but I fixed it, so xd.png

Luster was a vain hatchling, calling himself Lusrousa Shine, King of Dragons. Though his scales were mediocre for a Lumina, the area in which he lived was bereft of the species, his egg having been left there by mistake.

As such, the dragons around him worshipped him as their king, despite his small size. Except one...a vengeful Magi, once usurped from that very throne Luster claimed, lured him into the nearby woods one day. Once there, the Magi used illusions to trick Luster into bathing in cursed waters, claiming it would make him even more magnificent.

Luster cried out as he realised the Magi's deception, his glistening scales becoming dull and grimy. In horror, he tore them all off, only for the new growths to be worse...with no other option, he fled the area for the Enigma Mountains, the Magi's cackling haunting him to this day...

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: One ellipsis is enough in a description.

Accept: Good story! ~D

It's not that bad, is it? It's a long description, and they make sense there...I honestly can't see it any other way.

She is the crusher of dreams. The bringer of sorrow. One word from her can make any creative dragon give up hope.

She is...The Rejector.

...or so local legends say. In reality, she is a playful little hatchling, who didn't want to join the academy her parents reside at and so lives in the mountains honing her skills. Her namesake is that she goes up to a dragon, and when they go to pet her, pick her up or feed her, she telepathically yells 'Rejected!' and runs away from them giggling.

The legends sprung up from the times her yells went awry, mistakenly startling a dragon in the midst of concentration - if only she knew, she would apologise in an instant. She's just not the sort to be malicious, merely playful.

Accept:

Accept: Hmm I want to reject this out of humor, but... I'm not THAT evil. biggrin.gif ~D

Accept:

/late to the bandwagon, but still

Ghirahim and Fi are an odd pair of heads. First off - the lighter head, Ghirahim, identifies as male, whilst Fi, the darker head, prefers to be called female. This would obviously cause problems as they matured, so they - in a rare moment of cooperation - pleaded with Spaghetti Sauce to freeze them before it was too late.

Another oddity is that they hate each other with a vengeance. What looks to be playing is often yet another fight. Ghirahim is more offensive and Fi more defensive, but they both have a fascination with swords. No one wants to see what happens if they get hold of even one.

Their personalities, too, are completely different: while Fi is calmer and analytic, Ghirahim is bold, anger-prone and violent. Fi enjoys singing, Ghirahim enjoys threats. They are two of the worst paired heads known to the Splits around the Enigma Mountains.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Very cool! I like contradictions. tongue.gif ~D

If anyone knows the reference they automatically win some epic points.

Cleansed was an old dragon once.

He was old, tired, and ready to give up on life, as though there was still so much to be done he could no longer hunt, living off what other dragons left. A pitiful existence for a dragon, he thought. Until one day...

Out scavenging in a forest, he saw a mysteriously glowing lake, one which seemed to stare into his soul. As he watched it, transfixed, a beautiful silver Shimmerscale rose out of it, and spoke to him:

'Tell me your heart's desire, O elder dragon, and if you are worthy it shall be true.'

Cleansed thought long and hard about his true desire, for time seemed to stop when the Shimmerscale arose, before finally speaking:

'I only wish for my trials to be over. And if that means death, so be it.'

The Shimmerscale smiled, a pleasing sight. 'You speak true, and ask not for riches or power. May everlasting youth be yours.' she said, before diving back into the lake, dousing Cleansed in a torrent of water...from which he emerged a hatchling again.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Wow, this is great. Or maybe I'm just super emotional at the moment and gets FEELS at everything. tongue.gif ~D

Ending's not too good, but I had to prune it enough to get it in...

Brightpowder is in love with romance, somehow. He encourages it at every occasion, whether by unsubtle telepathy, pushing one dragon towards another, or occasionally announcing an 'official romance day' throughout the mountains. Of course, this is not without reason - he loves to watch other dragons even when they would prefer to be alone, from the romantic moments he craves to the 'hilarious' arguments of Ghirahim and Fi.

This behaviour has lead to some dragons calling him a stalker, to the point where he is sometimes attacked on sight - not helped by his sparkling scales, dusted with some sort of glittering white powder. Said powder has its advantages, though, the glimmering can distract a potential fighter allowing Brightpowder to hide elsewhere.

A rain of this powder from the sky is the sure sign that he has been near.

Accept:

Accept: Ha, finally I pay attention to the author! Very nice Enigma; you have good writing. smile.gif ~D

If anyone vamps any of his potential offspring and keeps the sparkles I will cry. And thanks Dimar smile.gif

Then I wrote about Blackberry and Vista while at college but they don't have anything just yet.

It's not that bad, is it? It's a long description, and they make sense there...I honestly can't see it any other way.

Looking at it again, that is kinda a lot of ellipses for a description, and they are generally frowned upon. To be honest, I think that one of those in the last sentence should be removed; they're just a little too close together. I probably should have pointed that out in my own comment, but gah... I'm failing a lot at reviewing right now. >.<

Ironically, I have a tendency to throw commas all over the place and end my own descriptions with ellipses. laugh.gif

Looking at it again, that is kinda a lot of ellipses for a description, and they are generally frowned upon. To be honest, I think that one of those in the last sentence should be removed; they're just a little too close together. I probably should have pointed that out in my own comment, but gah... I'm failing a lot at reviewing right now. >.<

Ironically, I have a tendency to throw commas all over the place and end my own descriptions with ellipses. laugh.gif

I'll see what I can do...it's just my style, though. sad.gif