Dr. Paine

Description comments

For one of my pumpkins:

Abstain: Not to be mean...umm this isn't much of a description it's more like a story

...So? o_O What's wrong with that?

But littleangelamy22 totally made up for it with this lovely comment:

Accept: Yay! I said to write a description for him, and you did, and I LOVE IT!!! The story is so so sweet. Uber love goes here.

Made my day. happy.gif Thanks!

Someone got a little enthusiastic here:

For my Writer's lineage dragon (pygmy)

He is a perpetually and supremely bored dragon.  His boredom is so intense that the only way he can function day to day is to telepathically transfer it to otherwise creative humans, who then come down with a bad case of writer's block.

* Accept: It is a bit short.... BUT AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For one of my pumpkins:

Abstain: Not to be mean...umm this isn't much of a description it's more like a story

...So? o_O What's wrong with that?

I do that all the time...tell the dragon's story. Because, after all, sometimes an origion is a HUGE part of who they are. Describing can be anything from telling the dragon's past to any weird/special quirks to scars and general visage. I get those comments all of the time, yet the ones that have had that comment get approved. So you definitely (with an I, not an A) don't have to change it at all.

The description:

Katofu is the accordion player in the little known music group, Da Loafs. He attempts to cheer up the guardian soldiers, but because (according to recent polls) 75 of guardian dragons detest the accordion, he is generally hated. Katofu would have been kicked out of the army if it were not for his heroics during the battle of Chipmandadus, where he beat the human leader's head in with his instrument.

The comment:

Accept: I am a ninja and I like it! biggrin.gif

Uhh... blink.gif

From my split, We:

Accept: LOL, I just reviewed a dragon named "I" xd.png

If you're reading this, my name (Kad) is in all of my descriptions, or at least I'm resubmitting all the old ones that lack it. I and We (and O, if the comment "O." was also yours) are my dragons. :'P

ButwaitIthought has a bad memory, to put it mildly. In fact, his "name" comes from his reaction every time someone asks what his name is. "Do you have a name" "Yes. It's... but, wait, I thought..." is normally how it goes, and some dragons have just decided that it's "ButwaitIthought". They're not here to judge, after all.

ButwaitIthought lives in a nursing cave, despite barely being an adult. This is because of his horrible memory, which is so bad that he forgets that he is flightless, and his special diet. After getting hurt or sick one too many times, he was sent to the nursing cave. Now he believes that he truly is old, and he talks with the other elderly dragons about how much he wishes his grandson would just hurry up and hatch and give him a call. Nobody has the heart to tell him otherwise.

Accept: Hilarious, adorable, and kind of sad. Those darn grandkids. <XD -C.M.

This made me happy. biggrin.gif Thanks!

I put up a few descriptions, but all I got was 'accept'- no comments or anything... If you saw them, they were 'Long Talon Of The Law', a guardian, and a waterhorse called Neardeath.

Had a few dragons descriptions for about a month and I'm finally getting reviews... sort of. Just a few plain accepted or rejects.

Jedd

Come and listen to a story about a dragon named Jed

A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,

Then one day he was digging at some food,

And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Well the first thing you know old Jed's a millionaire,

Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"

Said "Your own castle is the place you ought to be"

So he loaded up their stuff and moved his family.

Well now its the say good life for Jed and all his kin.

And all his friend are invited to be droppin on in.

You're even invited back again to his locality

To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

* Accept:

* Reject:

* Accept:

Anyone know what I could do to inprove this, or anyone who actually gets the joke?

Beep Beep

One thing that can be easily said,

is that Beep Beep isn't quite right in the head.

While most vampires hunt at night and sleep all day,

Beep Beep has never acted that way.

His cave mates do feel a certain dread,

when he's prancing about and talking to the faeries in his head.

With far to much energy for a dragon his size,

Beep Beep has a unique way to terrorize.

Often spending all night and all day,

bouncing around in an overly energetic way.

It truly is a terrifyingly odd view,

to see a draconic vampire flailing about and randomly licking the odd thing or two.

* Accept: LOL.............xd.png

* Accept:

Also I'm not sure why but my own review descriptions option has been disabled. I don't review often but all I usually do is point out spelling errors.

Edited by Deshera

Had a few dragons descriptions for about a month and I'm finally getting reviews... sort of. Just a few plain accepted or rejects.

Jedd

* Accept:

* Reject:

* Accept:

Anyone know what I could do to inprove this, or anyone who actually gets the joke?

I love it - nice!! (And yes, I get the joke)...

Grrr.. now that silly little song is stuck in my head.... Where's Granny? (haha - ugh)

There are a few spelling typos, but, nothing major. I think it is very thoughtful..

Also I'm not sure why but my own review descriptions option has been disabled. I don't review often but all I usually do is point out spelling errors.

You could PM TJ and ask why it's been disabled. ;3

Jedd

Come and listen to a story about a dragon named Jed

A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,

Then one day he was digging at some food,

And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Well the first thing you know old Jed's a millionaire,

Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"

Said "Your own castle is the place you ought to be"

So he loaded up their stuff and moved his family.

Well now its the say good life for Jed and all his kin.

And all his friend are invited to be droppin on in.

You're even invited back again to his locality

To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

* Accept:

* Reject:

* Accept:

laugh.gif

I'm an old fogie and I get it. One thing you need to do it to put apostrophes in place of your dropped G's. You also may want to lose the "on" after "droppin'" to make that less awkward.

Dang...now it's ear worming me, too. xd.png

Oh...and an end peroid for it all. smile.gif

edited for forgetfulness.

Edited by RMMC

Being two generations removed from Taint, the only traits Sounds bears from Izdati's experiments are electric blue eyes along with a bit more magical ability than most Stone Dragons. The magic, however, remains highly out of control, switching on and off as quickly as a light switch.

Sounds is much like his grandfather in persona. Reserved and difficult to read, he can be found much of the time in the presence of Spenoxas and Radice, which by default also means he is most active at night. He brings a sense of reality to the trio; for Radice and Spenoxas are about as realistic as two chipmunks with ADHD.

Sounds is also highly intelligent; able to draw conclusions and make predictions which are barely ever wrong. He's unlocked some pretty big secrets his clan mates bear in silence, including the original identities of the vampire brothers Bane and Roen.

Abstain: Ha funny but believe me, your dragon's eyes are not blue.

Ug, I understand that and you aren't the first person to point that out. But now I'd like to point out that eye color can vary. You don't have to stay one hundred percent true to the sprite; otherwise Heart's Blood and her granddaughter Orchard wouldn't be allowed to have scars and Taint, Sound's red grandfather, would not be allowed to have electric blue eyes. Red's eyes on the scroll are gold. But yet that one is confirmed....Also, I'm not really sure how funny this description could be considered. Sure the chipmunks with ADHD line but...

Edited by Pinkie

Wow, that's pretty bad. xd.png Reviewer has no imagination, clearly.

Love the description, btw (though you need to ditch the semi-colon, it's not used correctly). Very creative!

Xeter was born wielding an insane amount of magical power. Even the eldest, Reali Ty, had a hard time controlling him when he was just a youngling. Now, fully fledged, he is no doubt the sole strongest magi in his Clan. Unfortunately, or fortunately as some would say, he still lacks experience necessary for the Clan's Arch-magi position. Xeter is arrogant and stuck-up, but only a few dragons realize that because he is also very reserved and very good at masking his true feelings. He has taken the white Moviji as a mate - with her he hopes to create a mighty legacy of strongest healers and mages within the Clan.

Comment:

Accept: I don't like the name. Sry but reminds me of an old foe...

Whaat? Whaaaaaat?! Random. blink.gif

Edited by s0r0k4

Sharmindarr likes to learn. In fact, he lives to learn. Of course, good luck standing him long enough for him to tell you anything, because when anyone talks to him, he'll talk as slowly and deeply as possible, with liberal amounts of "hmm"s to make it even slower.

He was constantly trying to kill his neurotic grandson that seemed to be invincible, until he killed him as of late and declared himself leader of all ember dragons. Not that anyone listens to him, but it's his power trip, so most other dragons just let him do what he wants as long as he doesn't try to talk to them.

Accept: ohmy.gif Why would he want to kill his grandson? That's sad!

And this is why I should stop describing dragons because of in-jokes.

As much as she adores her vibrant colours, Ezagunak Izena is constantly terrified of being killed... by trees. She has an irrational fear of trees, and an even more irrational stereotypical Scottish accent. If you ask why, she'll launch into a story about how her grandpapi was pillaging the village one day and then - but she'll never finish, because she'll fall asleep during her own story. She spends all of her days holed up in her little cave, admiring herself and trying to remember what's happened to her during her life, as she does have a few memory problems.

Accept: I laughed. smile.gif Thanks, I really needed that today.

Whoever you are, trust me, it was my pleasure. biggrin.gif

ROFL. XDXD Thanks a lot, then! :3

For the grandson thing... it's in a story I'm writing. A gigantic bat made of fire is trying to kill his grandson because his grandson will kill him... leadership things. So I just adjusted it. >_>;

This is the dragon from the planet Earth. A benefit to a galactic battle, Tatooine, Flowers dragon. There she met Luke Skywalker. but he loved someone else he liked better. Anakin Skywalker was the dragon. He also lived in Tatooine. Anakin lived in Petra.

Anakin and Petra loves to watch the sunset on Tatooine. While sometimes even give each other a couple of kisses.

Wat.

For the record, the dragon's name is Petra. So I guess "Anakin" lived in her.

My comment was basically "I don't know how to help you" because I really, really don't. D:

I find I'm kinda depressed when reading my comments, most people just "accept" and don't write anything else. I try to give a comment - "good job/love the name/great story" when it's good, improvements if it isn't - and although not everyone has the time, I wish more people would. sad.gif

Edited by princessleopard

ROFL. XDXD Thanks a lot, then! :3

For the grandson thing... it's in a story I'm writing. A gigantic bat made of fire is trying to kill his grandson because his grandson will kill him... leadership things. So I just adjusted it. >_>;

XD Welcomes.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Still sad, though. ;)

Edited by Danne

I find I'm kinda depressed when reading my comments, most people just "accept" and don't write anything else. I try to give a comment - "good job/love the name/great story" when it's good, improvements if it isn't - and although not everyone has the time, I wish more people would. sad.gif

Yeah, that's why I always try to write a lengthy review on each description. smile.gif If I used too many characters, I just go by TDTC or Zov. xd.png

So, I got two comments from people who saw my descriptions here on ButwaitIthought and Sharmindarr and liked them. Thanks! biggrin.gif

I really wish I had some comments on my dragon's descriptions. All of them just have one 'Accept' with no comment.

Most of mine do right now, too. It's very frustrating. sad.gif

Just went on a mass reviewing spree, hope you guys feel better now.

If anyone has AfterNova or Virgin Lily, the two lengthy comments were by me.

I think you hit one of mine. biggrin.gif Thanks!

Everyone here's seen this, right? It's a lot of fun, but no posts lately...