Dr. Paine

Description comments

One comment has really made my day.

For Killjoy of the Legion:

Often joining Pax and Klaus when entering a new territory, Killjoy is a shining example of how wrong first impressions might be. His appearance and name are better suited for a ruthless dragon, not one who will help an elderly pair of dragons raise the egg he mistakenly bit, or who will give still-flightless hatchlings a ride on his back if they want.

Rumored to have been a Sweetling egg, Killjoy's passion was never fighting or seeking blood (those were things he had to do to survive, like it or not). Instead, he craved music. Human made or dragon, even birdsong or bubbling rivers could suffice if there was nothing else. Throughout his childhood, he often wished to join the famous Vampire musician, Voltaire, but losing his voice upon maturity quickly put an end to that.

Rather than be bitter over this, Killjoy simply accepted it and moved on, finding a place in the Legion before too long, and can think of no better way to live.

* Accept: Haha, love the Voltaire (and possibly MCR?) reference.

* Accept: Very good!

* Accept:

Yes, Killjoy's name, while being horribly out of place with my other dragons, did come from the new album. I had to x3. And the Voltaire reference is both to the musician, and another Vampire on my scroll. wink.gif I can't believe someone actually caught it xd.png

I couldn't help but post this new one I got on Erimave...mostly because of what I thought after I read it.

Accept: It's kinda. . . vicious. But it's descriptive and it's not inappropriate. Haha. . .maybe PG-13. smile.gif

Accept:

Well, some vampires are actually vampires. And vampires are *shocker* naturally vicious in my mind anyways. Not all of them sparkle ; ). Mave is definitely one of those that would never go frolicking with bunny rabbits....he'd eat them...

Mave is definitely one of those that would never go frolicking with bunny rabbits....he'd eat them...

blink.gif

Anyway, I just got one of those 'rejects that don't explain anything'. And I have an unapproved description that's been sitting there for a while.

I'ma write a description for one of my vamps that says somethings about defending

bunnies now.

EDIT: Done.

Figira has dedicated her entire life to defending the innocent bunny rabbits from harm in the pasture near the lake. Dragons that like the taste of rabbit are bewildered as to why she would do this. Most dragons who try hunting rabbits usually come back from the pasture either missing a limb or drained of blood. But due to her defensive behavior, the rabbit population has spiraled out of control. Some believe Figira may be creating a bunny army with which she will use to take over the cave.

Edited by evilbunny405

blink.gif

Anyway, I just got one of those 'rejects that don't explain anything'. And I have an unapproved description that's been sitting there for a while.

I'ma write a description for one of my vamps that says somethings about defending

bunnies now.

EDIT: Done.

Lmao Wat it's true. You want mercy, go to Leon or Ash or Bane(Who still hasn't got that nice streak out of him from his two besties, despite the fact that the poor kid is too terrified he might hurt them to even let the dragons whom's lives he saved know that he is alive. <3 I really, really love Alabane if you can't tell haha)

@evilbunny405

I went searching for your description so I could comment on it. I gave up after getting the same description 4 or 5 times where the person instead of fixing the mistakes pointed out (like third person and addressing the reading, ramboling about the ap/rareity of their dragon all unforantly things I reject for) just kept resubmitting with even more of the same. /facepalm

so I'll just tell you I think its awsome here, lol. dl86 cool.gif

Face meet palm once more. I just got a comment on Vexra's from someone who clearly does not know their dragons.

Abstain: It's dead sad.gif

No, dead dragons are tomb stones. He/she is a s1 frozen vampire.

Oh and dragon lady, I saw your comment about Najod, but 'basking' is actually a word.

bask [bɑːsk]

1. to lie in or be exposed to pleasant warmth, esp that of the sun

Baking in a glass dome makes no sense. xd.png

Actually....I'm going to make a description about that now. *Is now taking random things from this thread for description use*

EDIT: Got some comments for my Ember dragon:

Arvala, for some reason, thinks that she is green, as opposed to her actual colors of red and black. She informs people that, for some reason, she has an invisible field that causes her to be different colors depending on who is looking, and that her true color is a dazzling green. Because of the convincing manner in which she speaks, some of the more gullible dragons actually believe her, and some even go as far as believing have the same 'mind field' as her. A couple of her most crazed fans even created the group known as CODWIN, or the Club of Dragons With Interesting Notions.

Accept: She sounds....interesting haha...or mentally challenged. Or just plain awesome. Keep trying to decide which.

Accept: Heh, amusing. :-)

Edited by evilbunny405

I know its a word, it just didnt make sense to me in the sentence. smile.gif ....glass basking....vs ....glass baking.....

Probly just means the image in my head of what the sentence said didnt match yours. smile.gif

/offtopic ninja.gif

I just rejected about hald a dozen descriptions saying "This is the dragon's name, it fits him so well". I just might have broken someone's heart tongue.gif

aaargh, and I checked the description of one of my dragons. 3 blank accepts and one blank reject... this does not help me!

I just rejected about hald a dozen descriptions saying "This is the dragon's name, it fits him so well". I just might have broken someone's heart tongue.gif

aaargh, and I checked the description of one of my dragons. 3 blank accepts and one blank reject... this does not help me!

I can understand your problem with the blank reject, but what's wrong with blank accepts? I've left a black accept at your cheese hatchling as I didn't see anything wrong with it. Constantly posting 'nice' tends to get rather boring.

Edited by Mirhana

I don't oppose to the blank accepts... it was more the blank reject that does not help. It is already a re-written description because of a mod-reject, so I am a bit nervous about this one, hoping that it will get accepted this time.

I use blank accepts as well, but my abstains and rejects are always with a reason why.

One for the ever popular "comments that make you go 'huh?'":

User Comments

* Accept: please help 's stable!!!

I didn't edit anything out, this is what it said. Sorry unknown user, I couldn't help whoever's stable (whatever that's supposed to be), even if I wanted to...

I can understand your problem with the blank reject, but what's wrong with blank accepts? I've left a black accept at your cheese hatchling as I didn't see anything wrong with it. Constantly posting 'nice' tends to get rather boring.

Actually, blank accepts are almost more discouraging as blank rejects. Blank rejects I just don't understand -- I tend to assume someone just didn't like the subject matter and didn't realize that description reviews is about reviewing the person's writing, not how much you like the dragon in question

On the other hand, a blank accept says to me that the person either didn't take the time to read it or just found it lackluster enough that he or she couldn't think of anything to say. If you don't have any suggestions, that's fine... But could you say what, exactly, you liked about it? Was it really well written? Was it a particularly unique description? Do you recognize the name of the dragon from an earlier description (for its mate or friend or something)? Is it cute? Good vocab? It's really not hard to say, "Wow, beautiful writing!" or "He's so brave to do [scary thing] for his family" or "Aw, she sounds like a sweetheart. ^_^" or even "Dude, that is seriously CREEPY!" (but still accepting because it's well written).

On that note, the following comment REALLY made my day! :D

Really, really good. Nice vocabulary, and a very interesting concept- a magi that is supposed to be a shallow water, but afraid of water. Needless to say, I like it! :D

Thanks so much to the person who left it!

I tend to take a blank accept as: "I liked it, it was nice, couldn't find any flaws" and it probably means that it was not supercallafragilisticexpiallidocious, but it was good enough. Most of the time, that is more than enough for me. Sometimes I write my descriptions to amuse others (those often get accepts with comments) and sometimes the description is just for me, and then a blank accept is as welcome as one saying "oh, this was nice"

Danne pretty much sums up how I feel about blank accepts. True enough, when I write a simple one, I don't care as much about blank accepts. But when I write a really funny or sad or just one that has me in someway riled after I write it, I tend to get a little discouraged if people just blank accepts. Specifically wrote one one day just to see how many people would actually comment on the sudden change of tone(basically, he started out almost maddeningly perfect then I did a one eighty and explained all of his smoke and mirrors in a really odd way) and I actually got a comment after making an edit from someone who convinced the first time, they didn't really read it, but the second, they did and now they couldn't stop laughing.

Anyways, dunno what to make of this comment from my unfortunate frozen black Zei.

•Accept: o_O Eww! Still, can't see how this conflicts with the guidelines.

#Accept: The dreams of a young dragon shattered... So sad. Poor Starry Staircase. But it has beautiful imagery and is very well-written. ~HTORC

Thank you to whoever left this comment (I have no idea what HTORC stands for) :)

Pluie Seagen is a simplistic, human-kept dragon with a mysterious air.  Kept like her owners keep dogs, for breeding purposes, neighboring humans often ridicule her owners for stupidity-- only idiot foresters would keep a dragon for breeding when there's no one to pay out for the rights.  Everyone knows dragons can't be tamed, must less trained to do anything useful.  Little do the neighbors know that someone did indeed pay out for the breeding rights to eerie Pluie Seagen... Lady ArynChris, mildly famous for her troupe of dancing half-tamed dragons.  Pluie, on the seldom occasions when the lady passes through their forest, is mate to the winter dragon Clar Dancer.

Accept: Well written description smile.gif

Thank you. ^^ Also thanks to whoever commented on Clar Dancer's "in his hind legs" needing to be "on his hind legs"-- I missed my own typo there, much obliged.

Here is my description for my frozen 2nd stage sweetling.

Lets face it. Cupids Feathers is very, well...adorable! He's always so happy and enjoys company from the other hatchlings. Some dragons mistake this hatchling for a female because of his looks and color. He can get irritated by that so don't call him a 'she'. Even though he is a happy go-lucky hatchling the clan looks at him as if he is a pet and not a young dragon. Cupids Feathers wants to show the clan he is a strong young hatchling but doesn't know how to prove he's more than just a 'pet.'

Accept: WUTAVA

I'm not sure how to respond to that or what it means. :/

Accept: WUTAVA

I'm not sure how to respond to that or what it means. :/

Maybe it stands for something?

'Win! Unfortunately, this's a velocirapter alien.'

Or maybe its just meant to say 'Whatever?'

And you technically responded by posting it. tongue.gif

*pokes pending descriptions*

I got a hatchie's gender wrong again. Urgh.

If anyone sees descriptions for dragons named "FREEE CANDY", "Silvergleam", "Blazegleam", or "Bonehead"; those dragons are mine. These are some of the first real attempts I have made at describing dragons. If you review these descriptions, I would appreciate some comments rather than just blank rejects. Blank accepts are okay but I love comments!

Here are their descriptions if anyone is interested.

Bonehead (male black marrow):

Bonehead is under the impression that he was named for the bony armor on his head.  In reality, his owner named him for his unrivaled stupidity.  He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

FREEE CANDY (male vampire):

FREEEE CANDY is especially fond of tender little children and hatchlings, hence he can often be found hiding behind a bush or boulder, calling out "FREEEE CANDY" in hopes of attracting new victims.  Over time, the other dragons started using this phrase as a nickname for him and the name stuck.

Silvergleam (female CB silver) and Blazegleam (male CB red)....these two are a mated pair with 14 kids and many more grandkids and greatgrandkids so their descriptions reference each other:

When Silvergleam's owner introduced her to the dragon who would be her mate, she scoffed and resisted at first.  She expected a dragon who was a bit less common, such as a stone, striped, or a black, which she felt would be more appropriate for a silver dragon such as herself.  When she realized her intended mate for life was to be a common red dragon, she wanted nothing to do with him.  She felt the two of them were not right for each other and that to try to pair them up was an insult to her.  But as time went on, she grew to appreciate his fiery personality and the sensitive side he occasionally let show through.  Eventually this appreciation grew into friendship, then into love.  Silvergleam was the one who chose his name--Blazegleam--to complement her own and to show that they belonged together.  Today they have a large and beautiful family which is growing all the time, and neither of them would dream of being with anyone else.

When Blazegleam's owner introduced him to the dragon who would be his mate, he could not believe his eyes.  He expected a dragon who was common, such as a green, purple, or water dragon, who would be more fitting for a common dragon such as himself.  When he realized that his intended mate for life was to be a rare and radiant silver dragon, he felt wholly out of place and inadequate.  Her initial reaction to him did not help with these feelings.  But as time went on, he became accustomed to her and more comfortable with the idea of being her mate, and they both became more familiar with each other's personalities.  Eventually this familiarity grew into friendship, then into love.  The silver dragon, Silvergleam, was the one who gave Blazegleam his name--to complement her own and to show that they belonged together.  He bears the name with pride.  Today they have a large and beautiful family which is growing all the time, and neither of them would dream of being with anyone else.

I wrote for 27 dragons tonight. Who wants to bet on how many funny comments there will be by this time tomorrow? ^^ I haven't commented on a one lately, IRL has been too busy, but I think after tonight that I owe the populace at large my attention and will go and do a full round of the descriptions... you know, just going through until there are no more to see.

This weekend. Not tonight. Oh my god, not tonight. I need sleep!

For those of you reading through mine tonight, whether the dragon's surname is Dancer or Seagen, whether it has the prefix Sca or the suffix 'itda, whether it's some name that makes sense or whether it's Clarmythsandra, know that I appreciate all your comments and thoughts. ^^

Actually, if anyone is curious... All these descriptions are the lineage of Tmbl'itda and Vest Dancer, all the way back. I realized that only their ancestor Scarf Dancer had a description, so I went through all the dragons I owned (all Tmbl'itda's lineage, all the "Dancer"s and "Seagen"s in Vest Dancer's lineage) and described them, including Myth Dancer AS2, who isn't technically an ancestor but is a great-uncle with no descendants of his own. These are two branches of the same family, both starting with Scarf Dancer and Clarmythsandra. ^^ As you can see if you read through the descriptions-- and hopefully it'll be a ton easier to follow after they are all described and in order-- the two branches went in very different directions.

I had fun with it.

Got a pair for Space Cheese that made me smile smile.gif

* Accept: Wouldn't the loss of his tail mess up his aerodynamics? But then again, seeing the kind of cheese he's made from he's got no chance anyway wink.gif

Well, they're trying to build a spaceship :K So it still works.

* Accept: I hope he will reach the stars some day wink.gif

...And after a couple months worth of hiatus (My creativity was dormant) I'm back and writing descriptions again. Yay. More crazy, hallucinatory dragons with narcissism and paranoia.

All-right and All-left are an exceptionally well matched pair of dragons.

Although she was born without a left arm or leg, her and her mate, All-Left, manage to walk and hunt (with minimal stumbling) by using their excellent teamwork abilities. They simply lean on each other and each use their own two legs to move each other and themselves.

None of the other dragons are sure exactly how they manage to move in such synchronization, but there have been whispers (mainly perpetrated by the more para... uh... aware dragons) that it may be a kind of mind control practiced by the caretaker. For themselves, All-Right and All-Left simply claim that they are very in tune with each other.

All-left, despite the appearance of having three limbs, really only has two. One is unusable. Really. Only his two left feet work. After he met his mate All-right, he disabled one of his three limbs (The right-side one) so he could be just like her. This was widely viewed as a lousy move on his part, but he doesn't care, and they get along quite well, each using their arms and legs to help the other move. Most don't bother asking how it works, and the rest are just crazy.

"I Am Totally Fabulous" Doesn't need much description beyond that of her name; however, background may be called for.

When she was a little hatchling she had a different name -- A much less vain one -- and she was just like all the other silver hatchlings. Glow-in-the-dark, frilly, floating, all that kind of normal stuff. Her mother, being extremely proud of her little glowing, levitating freak named her Jinvi. This however, was not to last, as the first time she saw her reflection she exclaimed loudly, "I Am TOTALLY Fabulous" and can barely be convinced to say or think of anything else since. Naturally, this is what other dragons began to refer to her as, and it just stuck.

Perpetually confused, never getting answers, always getting strange looks; Such is the life of Unsure of What That was.

She goes through life not knowing what on earth is going on around her and where she is. This is her gift and curse, because in a cave full of nutty dragons not knowing what's going on is quite a blessing sometimes. She has no clue of this, of course.

The last has gotten one blank reject, although I have no clue why. I'm not going to bother doing an extensive grammar check right now (mainly because I'm not supposed to TECHNICALLY be on here right now, much less describing dragons) but if anyone spots anything...

It's good to be back, I suppose, and I guess now this mean I need to get off my rear-end and actually name the dragons I've neglected during my creative slump.

I have had this one sitting and waiting for months, for my Ochredrake, Draca.

Born in the post-holiday season, Draca grew up with stories of the creatures known as the Christmas dragons, watching the most recent additions to this family, the snow angels, from afar. They were beautiful, kind, and graceful, and she wanted to join them. The snow angels accepted her, because they understood that despite her dimwittedness and naivety, there was an innocence and acceptance in her that was the seed of true generousity and caring, ready to be nurtured. Draca now spends most of her time amongst the snow angels, singing along with them and truly acting as one of the sisters.

I mostly have accepts, a few with comments, and that's great, but I just now checked it and got this comment:

Abstain: Good, but needs some spell-check, I think. ~[Name]

???

What did I spell wrong? (No, "generousity" is not a spelling mistake; it is the correct spelling where I live, which is Canada.) I'm even on Firefox, which checks spelling automatically, and nothing but that (and "dimwittedness", which may or may not be an actual word) come up. I'm confused.

Edit: Mystery solved! It's all good. Thanks!

Edited by songwithnosoul