Dr. Paine

Description comments

i might as well ask this here

i want to edit a description for a dragon that was already approved

its not much an edit im just rewording the first line

if anyone wants to check what i mean its on my dragon Krol-Ogniem

very firs line i think can be switched up to make it one sentence

does it automatically change on the dragons page or does it have to be reapproved?

One for Mesmer:

When he was just a hatchling, before anyone even knew his gender or had a name for him, Mesmer would always beg to see any traveling performers, even sneaking out of the cave and going on his own if no one would take him. Circuses were fun, musicians were a delight, but his absolute favorites were the magicians. Whether they did simple card tricks or elaborate illusions that left spectators slack-jawed in amazement, he made a rule of never missing one when they were in town.

One night, some time after he had matured, Mesmer went to see a famed hypnotist, and couldn't believe his luck when he was called up on stage. The hypnotist (a Vampire dragon at that) did his little stunt, Mesmer acted like a chicken for several minutes, and was pulled out. Life went on, but many dragons have noticed a... a change. He often makes odd sounds, almost like clucking, and pecks at his food rather than tearing into it. He's even started fussing over eggs, much to the annoyance of nesting females...

Accept: change please

Change... what, exactly?

-------------------------

For SA-X:

Accept: Has anyone every told you that's really creepy? o_O

Hey, the thing she's based on is even creepier.

----------------

For Early Fall:

A friendly, responsible dragon, Early Fall was named for the time of year she was born (or so everyone says; fall for the cave actually starts in August, but no one wants to be the dragon to tell her that the name she's so proud of is a mistake, as she was born in October). She takes responsibility for ensuring that, when each season rolls around, the appropriate group of soon-to-be-raving-mad seasonal dragons is kept in solitary confinement (winters in summer, springs in autumn, etcetera). While it pains her to see her close friends and family in such awful condition for an entire season, she realizes that they must be confined for the safety of the cave. She is the proud mother of Novari and Heart of Midwinter, and the loving mate of Nankaro.

Accept: You took my advice. ♥ Love this description. How do you write this well??

I know who this was from! biggrin.gif

Accept:
Accept: I like this. where do you live in real life?

I got these comments for my description of my Dragon Lule. Honestly there are no references to where I live in the description... do I have a stalker?

(And BTW, It's England, because I am cool.)

Ohwowthat'screepy.

The other one was from me; I accepted before I realized it was yours, so I didn't leave a comment. ^^'

Ooh, I got one on my winter seasonal, Vougeri the Golden!

Vougeri the Golden has always been proud of his parentage; the fact that one of his parents was a gold made him feel somehow special among the hundreds of other dragons in the cave. He was therefore deeply shocked when one day he went to find his birth parents, only to find their home cave in ruins, blood everywhere, and two dead bodies huddled together. After giving them a decent burial, he spent a three-week vigil at his birth cave, blending into the early spring snow. Now, he only drops in on his real home every once in a while, spending the rest of his time looking for clues as to who-- or what-- killed his parents. Occasionally, he will enlist the help of his close friends Rosharaie Christenus, Majar Goldweyr, and Koraluun.

Accept: Good! I like seeing well-written, clear stories like this one.

8D -happydance-

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Darkpaw looks a lot more cute than the other Black dragons, being rather undersized with huge green eyes. She seems to be the picture of innocence, but is a very good fighter, leading to her being underestimated. However, only the Black dragons, a few others, and - strangely - Stormsword know of her fighting spirit due to her instinctive cute actions.

User Comments

* Accept: biggrin.gif

Whoever wrote that, and reviewed so quickly, just made my day. Thank you. :3

EDIT:

Caawrk was named for a strange formation of ravens at the time he hatched. There were three circling overhead, and Emerald was watching them when she heard excited panic from inside the cave. Looking in to see what the problem was, she saw an argument between Kuyin and Demon. It seemed their egg had just hatched and they couldn't think of a name. Just then, the ravens flew in, circled once around him, let out a cry and departed. The dragons decided then to call him after the cry the ravens had made.

He grew up with ravens as constant company after that, leading to the title the other dragons now give him, King of Ravens.

* Accept: Aww, Schweet! I only have one problem with the fact that your dragons seem too human.. Arguing about naming the child. Maybe you could phrase it differently?

...how? I'm not good at rephrasing. ^^

Edited by Emerald_Shadowclaw

How do you see the commets?

Go onto the page where the dragon's description was originally typed, it'll be under the box with the description if there's any comments.

trololol

David is the leader of the Riley clan along with Maria. She was named before she had a gender. Her mate is Leroy Jethro Gibbs, but he wants to break up with her. Her second choice as a mate is Rock Riley but his mate Maria doesnt want to let go of him. She leaves the egg with the father.

* Accept:

* Accept: Beautiful job! The story seems almost real!

* Accept: It could be writen a little better, but I don't think it breaks any rules

Submitted some descriptions (the Describe-A-Dragon thread has been great for inspiration), and got some comments.

Legend tells of a distant mountain where those who dare may consult with one of three mighty elemental dragons - for a price.  Legend, however, is less than a decade old, concocted as a way to swindle gullible humans.  The mountain and the dragons are real, but the advice is meaningless, dreamed up by the magi dragons responsible for the scheme.  Stories have a way of becoming reality, though, and lately even the most outlandish prophecies have been coming true.

Cevkar is the most stolid of the three Elemental Oracles.  He couldn't care less what goes on around him, as long as he gets a steady supply of food.  Cortim finds Cevkar calming to be around, but is always wary, even though he's never threatened her.  Due to his overall lack of movement, Cevkar requires heavy magical enchantment in order for visitors to feel they've got their money's worth.

Abstain: Wow. New vocab word for me. Hadn't heard of "stolid" before. You need a clear noun for "is alway wary," you mean Cortim, but you need to say that.

Accept: Hehe, I like how them Magis are swimdlers. Very nice indeed.

(Thanks - added a "she" to that sentence).

Legend tells of a distant mountain where those who dare may consult with one of three mighty elemental dragons - for a price.  Legend, however, is less than a decade old, concocted as a way to swindle gullible humans.  The mountain and the dragons are real, but the advice is meaningless, dreamed up by the magi dragons responsible for the scheme.  Stories have a way of becoming reality, though, and lately even the most outlandish prophecies have been coming true.

Priksin came up with the idea of Mystic Mountain, and is currently co-leader (along with Cortim).  Her job is to dream up ideas, while practical Cortim seeks out ways to turn them into reality.  Unlike some of the other magi dragons, Priksin has no personal hatred of humans - she just feels dragons to be inherently superior.  Priksin's fortunes tend to be elaborate flights of fancy (though they pale in comparison to Tiakara's).

Accept: Very curious. Wonder what sorts of stuff they dream up to say.

(I have no idea, actually - might answer that question when I describe the rest of the storyline).

Cortim is co-leader of the Mystic Mountain dragons, along with Priksin.  For years, Priksin had been telling everyone of her latest scheme to trick gullible humans, but it took Cortim to make her idea a reality.  Cortim might not be especially imaginative, but she is practical, and good at carrying out the ideas of others.  She leaves the fortune-telling to the other magi dragons, recognizing that her talents lie elsewhere.

Accept: :-P Enabler.

(Yes, but probably not in the sense you meant it).

Edited by Mathcat

For one of my black dragons, Fris Feylock:

Fris Feylock is a hunter, in more than one sense of the word.  He takes pride in his ability to kill and refuses to eat any meat that he did not catch himself.  His prey is not limited to his dinner, however; Feylock is a bounty hunter who excels at tracking down violent criminals.  He's not picky about who is employers are, either.  He'll accept any job he finds interesting, and will bring in the fugitive dead or alive.  He prefers dead.

Reject: Scary!!

sleep.gif That's the point, darling. Black dragons =/= fluffy bunnies.

For a pygmy:

Mistress Muse fancies herself quite the lady.  She is prim and proper, perfectly preened and painstakingly precise.  She is most likely to be found daintily flitting about in a flower garden or summer meadow, searching for inspiration for poetry.  Her poems are, admittedly, not as good as she thinks they are, and they provide a good view into the rather insecure soul that lines beneath her classy veneer.

Accept: Aww! What a cutie.

happy.gif Thanks!

And for my walter walker, Singing Ninjas:

Ninja is a happy, playful little dragon.  She is curious about everything in the world around her, especially things that she cannot see.  What's hiding under the lily pads?  What's above the clouds in the sky?  As her name implies, she is also very fond of singing, and can frequently be found exploring the pond where she lives, chirruping a little tune to herself as she goes.  She also enjoys trying to sneak up on other dragons and surprise them, but she's not very good at it -- they can usually hear her coming by listening for her songs.

Accept: A very nice description. Approved!

Eee! happy.gif Those last two descriptions just made my day!

Edited by Danne

For my neglected named Misery:

Spending much of her time alone, Misery, is a melancholy one.  She had a hard upbringing which has left her scarred.  None of the other dragons look like her or understand what she endured and this often makes her feel awkwardly different and alone.  She tends to display this by lashing out at others.  Her years of emotional and physical pain has given her a callous, fiery temper which pushes others away from her despite her wish to feel a sense of belonging.  She finds solace watching over the young ones who she is able to find compassion and care for.  It is her wish that no young one in her clan ever experience the unhappy childhood that she did.

Accept: Lame, but congrats on A: The name, and B: The neglected! Good description, too smile.gif

Thank you so much whoever you are! This really made my day when I read it a few weeks ago.

For my neglected named Misery:

Accept: Lame, but congrats on A: The name, and B: The neglected! Good description, too smile.gif

Thank you so much whoever you are! This really made my day when I read it a few weeks ago.

I think that was me biggrin.gif

Although I don't know why I'd include 'lame' in there, unless there was a misspelling or something. I definitely remember seeing this and commenting though xd.png

I think that was me biggrin.gif

Although I don't know why I'd include 'lame' in there, unless there was a misspelling or something. I definitely remember seeing this and commenting though xd.png

Oh huzzah! Well thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

I can't remember if I had the word lame in there or not. I know I changed the description a bit after your comment though.

Oh huzzah! Well thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

I can't remember if I had the word lame in there or not. I know I changed the description a bit after your comment though.

Ah xd.png It may have been that, then.

... and yay, one of my comments made it here! xd.png

Altough this dragon's name means Light Without Limit, most in the his clan refer to him as the dragon of darkness. He has a heart like ice, and sharp tounge, often meaning that if a hatchling makes a single wrong move around him, they will get assaulted with a variety of colourful insults from the dragon's mouth. His sharp claws and vicious attitude means that even the black dragons try to stay away from him, though one dragon, Enduring Equinox, seems to be smitten with him, much to the male dragons chargin.

•Reject: spelling American English *colorful

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: Omg....Thats mean...

That Reject is really bothering me. I'm Australian, so to me it's spelt colourful.

•Accept:

•Accept:

That Reject is really bothering me. I'm Australian, so to me it's spelt colourful.

Yeah. They're smart enough to recognize that is was British spelling, they shouldn't be so US-centric in spelling.

And before I get jumped by all the US citizens here...I'm a US citizen, too.

And...if you really want to make them go insane, use "analyse" or "memorise" in a sentence. biggrin.gif

•Accept:

•Accept:

Sockpuppet Strangler, the main description moderator accepts both spellings.

I go on commenting sprees every now and then. If I tell you to that a word is mispelled but it is British spelling and thus correct, feel free to ignore it. Of course if you either send me a note, or post it here, I'll have one more word that I know to avoid correcting. tongue.gif (Everything I review has "dl86" at the end so you know its me)

/end offtopic-ness

returns to lurking

Colorful, colourful, same difference. I've read enough British books that is doesn't, and shouldn't, matter.

This one's for my first and favorite dragon, and the leader of my weyr:

As a Guardian dragon and the first of Iron Thorn's weyr, Artevild reigns over this ever-growing "family" of dragons .  Brave, level-headed, and practical, she takes her role as matriarch very seriously, jealously protecting the eggs and hatchlings even as she mediates conflicts between her adult charges.  However, the very sternness that helps her lead so well also greatly impairs her sense of humor; though she tolerates the young ones' antics, any playing she does is to humor them, and her colleagues have accused her of "having less imagination than a flattened toad".  Despite her stodginess, the weyr has thrived under Artevild's watchful eye, and all sleep well at night (or day!), knowing she will defend them to her last breath if need be.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: Very evocative

That second one made my bloody day. Evocative is exactly what I go for in my writing and drawing.

Another one of my first dragons, a caveborn purple:

As one of the very first members of the weyr, Tyrienne wields considerable clout - and she knows it.  This, coupled with her great beauty, has led her to become a very haughty dragon.  She considers many of the younger dragons as beneath her, and usually doesn't answer them - especially not when busy tidying up the weyr, a task which she takes unusual pleasure in.  If she does, it's usually with "Go pester somebody else," or "Can't you see I'm busy, whelp".  Indeed, Tyrienne is not very popular with the inquisitive hatchlings.

Perhaps surprisingly, she is immensely devoted to her mate, the timid mint dragon Iwajade.  She chose him back when he was the only male in the weyr, and though larger, handsomer, and stronger dragons have sought her attentions, she refuses to forsake him, the great joy in her life.  On pleasant days, she often helps him onto her back and takes him flying, a privilege he otherwise would never have.

I got this comment:

Accept: What's a weyr?

The term "weyr" apparently originated from the Pern books, but I've seen it used elsewhere to describe a group of dragons or a place where they live. I use the term because it's less rooted down than cave or lair and more evocative than clan. Clans are for ninjas and sentient cats.

For one of my blacks, Amya Darkfate:

Amya Darkfate comes from a proud, distinguished family.  They had high expectations for their daughter, but Amya felt trapped by their rules and crushed by their expectations.  She ran away from home before she'd even grown her wings, a tiny hatchling alone in the dangerous wild.  Through sheer luck and determination, that foolish little dragon has now grown into a strong, determined young warrior.  A skilled fighter and a powerful sorceress, she loves the thrill of single combat, her own strengths pitted against those of her opponent.  Arrogant and a bit of a loner, Amya doesn't believe that any dragon alive can defeat her.  She's in for a rude awakening someday, but until then she'll face the world with her head held high and her black scales gleaming in the sun.

Dear Person Who Left This Comment:

"Accept: It might be a little long for some people but I love it!!! that makes me want to get a black dragon!"

I had a very long, exhausting day today, but finding this completely made my day. biggrin.gif Thank you!

Cheers,

- Danne

Submitted a batch last week, and got some comments.

Xamora wishes that she'd been born anything but a terrae dragon.  She gazes longingly at other dragons and especially at skywings, wishing she could fly, even as awkwardly as her mate, Shyarx.  Instead, she must try to be content with plodding along, trying not to crush anything.  All of the other terrae dragons in Shyarx's herd seem perfectly contented with what they are, leaving Xamora feeling lonely and out-of-place.

* Accept: Very nice :] Poor Xamora D:

* Accept:

Most coastal waverunners stick to arranging sand piles, but Keswir builds elaborate sand castles, which Dragonhaven Island's hatchlings then help him decorate with shells and seaweed.  Myrnekal first stumbled across Keswir on one of his expeditions, and suspects that the coastal waverunner might have been a contemporary of the Magehaven dragons (and possibly a test subject, which could explain his unusual artistic abilities).  Keswir is a very calm dragon who is never seen to get upset, even when flamingo dragons Nawto and Gisava have just kicked his latest creation to pieces.

* Accept: You're one of the few people I don't have to correct for grammar. Good on you.

* Accept:

Funaloon, a female balloon hatchie

A frozen hatchling whose meaning in life is to have fun, Funaloon chose to be frozen in time to always be able to have fun. She believes that dragons, once they grow up into adulthood, loose all sense of humour and aren't fun to hang out with anymore. Thus she can only be found around the hatchlings of the cave, playing anything funny, from Drop the Stone to I spy. There's only one game she dislikes, and that is racing. Since she is a balloon dragon, she can just float and is not very fast, either. Hence she lost all interest in any games circled around flying fast or with agility. Her best friends are the guardian hatchlings because they tend to freeze up and not move as much as the other hatchlings. Also, they don't make fun of her, either, which is another plus in her books. While Funaloon likes playing with others, she detests bullying the ones weaker than yourself for the fun of it. It just isn't her kind of fun.

* Accept: Cute. smile.gif It was a fun description to read.

* Accept:

* Accept: So much FUN! biggrin.gif -Zinc

Lila Mandarine, a female purple hatchie

Being abandoned at a very young age, so young in fact that she barely remembered, Lila Mandarine quickly developed abandonment issues. She never leaves her surrogate parents' sides, which does annoy Don Violet quite a lot. Lila even went so far as to ask to be frozen in time so that she wouldn't have to grow up and learn to live independently. She is afraid that she will lose her adoptive parents once she is able to survive on her own. Her adopted mother, Divine Kiss, thinks it is cute. Her best friend is the frozen pink hatchling Aiko Brighani, whom she trusts with her life. When Lila is with Aiko, she can forget her fears and have fun once in a while. They usually play catch and do acrobatics. Sometimes, a few other hatchlings join them. Aiko is the official leader of their little hatchling group.

* Accept: Sooo cute. Nicely done. (~)

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

Aiko Brighani, a female new pink hatchie

A very well-mannered and fun-loving little dragon, Aiko Brighani is the seemingly most perfect frozen hatchling in the cave. She is an idol to the other hatchlings. They describe her as being head-strong, rational and compassionate. However, her stubbornness tends to get her and her fellows into trouble wherever they go. Sometimes she forgets that not everyone is as agile as she is and asks them to do exercises they cannot succeed in. When they don't manage it, she uses to go sulking for a little before returning. Her best friend is the frozen purple hatchling Lila Mandarine, whom she trusts with her life. When Aiko is with Lila, she feels like nothing can stop her. They usually play catch and do acrobatics. Sometimes, a few other hatchlings join them. Aiko is the official leader of their little hatchling group.

* Accept:

* Accept: she must be a very loyal

* Accept:

* Accept: nice

* Accept:

* Accept:

Jonny Pebbles, a male green dragon

Being the most famous pebbles collector and seller of the cave, Jonny Pebbles built a store out of pebbles close to the cave's entrance. There he sells his findings, mostly to other Green Dragons. In return for the pebbles, they give him pieces of their prey or herbs they gathered. For Jonny, pebbles are an essential part of his life. His nest is made of pebbles, his territory is surrounded by a low pebble wall, and his humble shop consists of pebbles. Thus, Jonny earned the last name of 'Pebbles', though most other dragons can't understand his strange obsession.

* Accept:

* Accept: AWESOME:]:]:]

He-Who-Has-No-Name, a male neotropical hatchie

He-Who-Has-No-Name is an unfortunate, frozen hatchling that doesn't have a name. Raised by native dragons, this neotropical hatchling is an outsider in a strange land. Not knowing his own name and not earning a native one in the other dragons' eyes, they have taken to calling him He-Who-Has-No-Name or No-Name for short. He still feels humiliated by this and as a result keeps mostly to himself, afraid of meeting strangers because they might ask his name. Any attempts of re-naming himself were unsuccesfull because the native dragons stubbornly keep calling him by 'their' name. He has a problem on deciding on a fitting name as well, made more difficult by not having any reference as to what names are typical for his race. Sometimes he longs for other dragons of his kind and as a consequence asked to be frozen, so that he might live long enough to find out where he comes from and gain a name.

* Accept:

* Accept: Any attempts __at__ re-naming himself __are__ unsuccessful... (1 L) ...a problem deciding on... (no "on")

* Accept:

* Accept: wow

* Accept:

Thanks to all for the comments and help! Also thank you for the accepting of these and my other desc. awaiting moderation.

I had a doosy today.

So I actually have a plot going on in my scroll that if you read my descriptions, you get an actual story told over time.

The description was about Tesky. The person rejected the description, saying that it was really cool. I didn't really get why the heck they rejected if they liked his story. Anyways, I had already been wanting to reorder events a little. Here's the revised one:

Tesky seems antisocial to most. He's quiet and reclusive to all save Angel.

The truth behind him, however, runs much deeper.

When he was little, he was kidnapped by the Creorluna clan. They raised him to be an elite warrior, like the original, Ace. Here he met and befriended Angel and the juvenile Alabi, Ace's son. The trio became the closest thing Tesky had to a family.

Creorluna decided to dispose of Angel. She was too weak for training. Alabi caught wind of this and stole his friends away.

For years, they were on the run; trying to find a place they could be safe. After Angel was attacked and left comatose, Alabi planned to join the Elders clan, whom were resisting Creorluna.

On the way, they were ambushed. Alabi was killed protecting them; Creorluna accomplished their goal. They'd killed the one who mattered.

Tesky and Angel joined Elders, but Angel can't remember her friends or what Alabi did for her. Tesky believes one day she'll remember all they went through together.

Its become one of my favorites because of the story. I'm hoping to try and get two undeads on Halloween, that I'll name Alabi I, Melonie I(His mother, sad story there) and Zeeth I(Zeeth's Alabi's brother, who was killed by Tesky after he injured Angel and gave her her head injury)

Despite this, she is not as high and mighty once you get to know her properly. Instead, she is lonely. Merci Reginea longs for companions made of paper so that they may understand her, but so far she has encountered none.

She watches the hatchlings in an almost bitter envy, in a mixture of longing for her days as a hatchling, and sadness that she may never have hatchlings of her own.

I was checking the comments on my not-yet-approved dragon descriptions, and I got a really nice one for my (currently only) paper, Merci Reginea.

Accept: Makes me think of papers in a new way!

Accept:

It made me smile. smile.gif