Dr. Paine

Description comments

You are staring at the most annoying type of dragon there is. No, not a Vampire, silly. This dragon is a busy-body and incurable narcissist. She likes nothing more than to read what humans have written and make wildly off-topic comments. You see, I'm teh Reasonz U Edit, is actually illiterate, but can recognize some simple words and believes that she is the foremost expert of English. For instance, she'll notice the words "shoe," "apple" and "calamity" and launch into a diatribe on how the Great Bitter Frost that destroyed most of the kingdom's apple trees should not be compared to having your shoe come untied. She delights in tormenting scholars and story-tellers alike. Should one of them notice a grammatical error or believe a word in their scrolls needs to be amended, she crows, proclaiming her genius for all to hear that those fools have seen her point and bow to her prowess. Many bards have composed songs mocking her, but she is oblivious to them - no one will write them out.

Accept:

Accept: erm i dont quite understand but there's nothing wrong with it(my view) so its a yes?

Accept: I, personally, am a grammar freak, but I still find this hilarious.

Accept: Funny~

I wasn't trying to talk down on grammar freaks. I consider myself one, as well, but I'm glad people are appreciating the humor. Also, I love the accept who didn't "get" it, but still approved it.

Grammar Freak is a proud, scholarly dragon who enjoys spending his days aiding humans in correcting grammar in their writings. They appreciate his comments and corrections almost as greatly as they loathe the "aid" they receive from an illiterate, nonsensical Vampire dragon named I'm teh Reasonz U Edit. You see, unlike I'm teh Reasonz U Edit, Grammar Freak gives thoughtful feedback on their stories, poems and tomes of histories. He and the humans often become enraged by the Vampire's non sequitur "corrections," as they never address grammar nor content. Grammar Freak has even grown to suspect that she deliberately tries convince some more naive humans to end sentences with prepositions, and exclude commas entirely.

Accept: You made my day! biggrin.gif

Yay! I made someone's day. happy.gif Thank you. I started working on this one after I'm teh Reasonz U Edit, as I only had 5 characters to spare in her description and felt it wasn't finished.

I wasn't trying to talk down on grammar freaks. I consider myself one, as well, but I'm glad people are appreciating the humor. Also, I love the accept who didn't "get" it, but still approved it.

Yay! I made someone's day. happy.gif Thank you. I started working on this one after I'm teh Reasonz U Edit, as I only had 5 characters to spare in her description and felt it wasn't finished.

There's just one problem I see in that "I'm teh Reason you edit" dragon...is 2nd person allowed?

In the description guidelines is states not to switch between views and to never use 1st person. It didn't specify that one couldn't use 2nd person, but it'd be a bit messy to switch between 2nd and 3rd. I think the rule is just pick one view (that isn't 1st) and stick with it, but I could be wrong.

In the description guidelines is states not to switch between views and to never use 1st person. It didn't specify that one couldn't use 2nd person, but it'd be a bit messy to switch between 2nd and 3rd. I think the rule is just pick one view (that isn't 1st) and stick with it, but I could be wrong.

Kay thanks.

@Prince of the Silver Blizzard

DESCRIPTION:

In alpine mountains,

covered in snow,

lives a being,

oh so cold,

hiding in the caves,

fresh meat it craves...

flying among the clouds at night,

with the moon shining ever so bright,

it looks for prey while soaring high in the air,

to kill and take to its frozen lair,

and it will feast for days,

and leave the remains to decay,

its frosty breath,

bringing frozen death,

its long, sharp claws,

ripping through them all,

its horrible bite,

tears at all life,

the bloody stains,

the horrific pain,

leaving the remains to decay.

Flying among the clouds at night,

it looks for intruding enemies and foes,

daring to trespass in its frozen home,

ending their life with a single blow,

chilling their bodies to a frozen cold,

it soars among the clouds at night...

with the moon shining ever so bright!

COMMENTS:

•Accept: Skyrim... everyone loves it,

I don't get that? I don't even play Skyrim, I've never seen it, don't know about it...have I unintentionally made a description that sounds like its from something in Skyrim? Because if I did, it's mere coincidence, I don't play, I don't know.

@King of the Fiery Volcano

DESCRIPTION:

In the hottest caves,

and molten lakes,

lives a legendary being,

it swims beneath the lava seas,

patrolling its fiery domain...

a master of fire,

it never tires,

dwelling among the flames,

it roams all around,

the molten underground,

the lava causing it no pain!

And those who are foolish enough,

to wander to his kingdom,

will find out soon,

that they are doomed,

never to return to where they came from!

A fiery death and searing pain,

reduced to nothing but charred remains,

is the fate that awaits these foolish men,

who seek to slay the beast of legends...

COMMENTS:

•Accept: Oooh a poem! That's new and creative~

•Accept: Reminds me of Skyrim. Everyone loves Skyrim.

Yet again. No, I don't love Skyrim, never played it, etc. But what exactly is it that reminds you guys of Skyrim? I don't want people calling me a Skyrim freak just because I wrote some descriptions that might have sounded like Skyrim but is completely unrelated...

Reject: That is not apropiate, and please remember that this is in mideval times, so noone back then thought that way. Please be more considerate of younger players.

Just putting my two cents in here...

a) It is just as appropriate as a forbidden romance between a male and a female. You're saying we can't have forbidden romance stories? Well, I am sorry, but they are going to happen no matter how hard you try to stop them. Maybe for different reasons, but they are going to happen.

cool.gif Younger people need to be exposed to this sort of thing in order to be more open-minded. As a fairly young person myself, I believe that I wouldn't have been as accepting of different lifestyles and cultures if I hadn't been exposed to them.

c) Maybe not openly they approved of it, and no the church didn't approve of it, but in DC there isn't a church. There were, however, a lot of gay relationships among the noblity during those times. In fact, one connotation of a king's "favourite" back then was a man a king was in a gay relationship with.

Beacker: I don't sense any relationship to Skyrim in particular, but Skyrim is a fantasy-darkages game, and poetry, especially epics, were a big part of literature in that sort of setting. The poems you have seem similar to epics, so I'd assume that's why they thought "OMG SKYRIM"

a) It is just as appropriate as a forbidden romance between a male and a female. You're saying we can't have forbidden romance stories? Well, I am sorry, but they are going to happen no matter how hard you try to stop them. Maybe for different reasons, but they are going to happen.

I just wanted to comment on how... two of my black dragons are incestuous and also killed their mother. .___.

Dorian used to be a curious, energetic dragon. Mischievous and never able to sit still, he would constantly take chances, regardless of what his elders had to say. As he grew up, the risks he took got more dangerous. Barely more than a hatchling, Dorian started playing with magic recklessly, much to the dismay of his parents, well-known healers. Feeling invincible, he would laugh at rules, pick up obscure or forbidden practices, and overall abuse the talent that was treasured so high in the clan.

Then, one day, Dorian went missing.

Currently, it is believed in the clan that he is dead. However, even now, some dragons claim to have seen the young white dragon, roaming around the forest with a wild look in his eyes, his teeth bared in a mad grin. Rumors say that Dorian Ignet has failed his final challenge, losing his body to a spirit he himself summoned.

* Accept: Very ominous, I love it.

* Accept:

Yay, someone commented happy.gif This one has had nothing but these two accepts in forever, though, so I'm reposting it.

Synembarza is completely lacking in shame. She'll say and do anything, no matter what shocked reactions she receives, and she seems impossible to embarrass. Instead, Synembarza appears to transfer the shame to those around her - second-hand embarrassment, so to speak, as bystanders cringe in sympathy as she manages to make a fool of herself yet again.

Accept: Nice description, mathcat. She sounds pretty cooky! -Flérida

Accept:

Sedijan is even more of a loner than his father is, which many didn't even think was possible. He shuns the company of anyone, where Jeko Silvergleam at least tolerates the presence of his mate, and has found a home far removed from other dragons. Sedijan spends his time making elaborate mosaics, which he creates using beetle shells, rocks, and his own shed scales.

Accept: I love the last line, what an interesting hobby!

Accept:

Lily Pondskimmer is odd, even by Ordinary Weyr standards. Her speech is cryptic to the point of being completely impossible to interpret - individual words are clear, but the overall meaning is elusive. Lily claims to have some great purpose - at least, that's the general consensus of what she's said - but either hasn't revealed what that is or hasn't done so in a way that anyone can make sense of.

Accept: This is very interesting despite being only a paragraph long. You're a very good writer!

Accept: LOL poor dragon! That's good2go wink.gif

Accept:

Ed has a penchant for writing stories and poems. Lagie won't let the younger hatchlings read or listen to them, though, as his stories and poems are often kind of creepy and more than a little bit spooky.

Once, after one of Ed's story readings, many of the older hatchlings who had been allowed to listen for the first time went wandering around the cave making heartbeat sounds and startling some of the quieter dragons into thinking there was someone buried nearby. Ed's storytelling sessions are now solely for adult dragons.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Edgar. Allen. Poe. Ten ahtta ten!

Thanks! xd.png

Edited by Lagie

Kay thanks.

@Prince of the Silver Blizzard

DESCRIPTION:

In alpine mountains,

covered in snow,

lives a being,

oh so cold,

hiding in the caves,

fresh meat it craves...

flying among the clouds at night,

it looks for prey while soaring high in the air,

to kill and take to its frozen lair,

and leave the remains to decay,

its frosty breath,

bringing frozen death,

its long, sharp claws,

ripping through them all,

its horrible bite,

tears at all life,

the bloody stains,

the horrific pain,

leaving the remains to decay.

Flying among the clouds at night,

it looks for intruding enemies and foes,

daring to trespass in its frozen home,

ending their life with a single blow,

chilling their bodies to a frozen cold,

it soars among the clouds at night...

with the moon shining ever so bright!

COMMENTS:

•Accept: Skyrim... everyone loves it,

I don't get that? I don't even play Skyrim, I've never seen it, don't know about it...have I unintentionally made a description that sounds like its from something in Skyrim? Because if I did, it's mere coincidence, I don't play, I don't know.

@King of the Fiery Volcano

DESCRIPTION:

In the hottest caves,

and molten lakes,

lives a legendary being,

it swims beneath the lava seas,

patrolling its fiery domain...

a master of fire,

it never tires,

dwelling among the flames,

it roams all around,

the molten underground,

the lava causing it no pain!

And those who are foolish enough,

to wander to his kingdom,

will find out soon,

that they are doomed,

never to return to where they came from!

A fiery death and searing pain,

reduced to nothing but charred remains,

is the fate that awaits these foolish men,

who seek to slay the beast of legends...

COMMENTS:

•Accept: Oooh a poem! That's new and creative~

•Accept: Reminds me of Skyrim. Everyone loves Skyrim.

Yet again. No, I don't love Skyrim, never played it, etc. But what exactly is it that reminds you guys of Skyrim? I don't want people calling me a Skyrim freak just because I wrote some descriptions that might have sounded like Skyrim but is completely unrelated...

I play Skyrim. I've got nearly 1000 hours into the game. I pretty much know every corner in the world, and no, I really don't see any similarities between your descriptions and Skyrim aside from there being snow and frozen mountains in both of them... which is pretty generic if you ask me.

So relax, your descriptions are Skyrim free.

Although I would recomend taking a peek into the game, if not for anything else, out of sheer curiosity. Who knows, you might enjoy it. biggrin.gif

Like most Heartseeker dragons, Matchmaker Cocoa enjoys playing matchmaker, hence his title. He has attempted to match up almost every dragon in his cave, although only a few pairings have flourished. He takes great pride in his abilities, and has a tendency to ignore those who point out his flaws. He is also rather vain, constantly obsessing over his appearance. Despite his foibles, Cocoa is a friendly dragon, willing to help out his friends. However, he seems to avoid Magi dragons. He almost appears afraid of them, making himself scarce whenever one arrives to request his assistance. Nevertheless, Cocoa takes friendship seriously, and is loyal to a fault. He once spent years trying to find a suitable mate for a Silver dragon he considered a good friend. Despite his vanity and arrogance, Matchmaker Cocoa is very popular in the cave he calls home, never leaving its other residents with a dull moment.

Accept: Very, very good!

Accept:

Made my day. c:

And Lagie, the Edgar Allen Poe description is epic. <3

I didn't know the word 'blackguard' until this description. Found it when I was searching the thesaurus for different synonyms. I used the thesaurus a lot on this one. <3

This is kind of late, but I remember this description, and I totally thought both of those words were fine? Composition is alright there, like you said, the meaning varies, and it can fit there. And on sociopath, he may not strictly be one, but that's not the issue. You were saying people think he's a sociopath, not that he actually really is one. I think it's perfectly fine. :]

I fixed my description for my Zombie and this is was I have so far...

"Maura, as the clan calls her, is one of the most feared dragons in the cave. In her past, she was a happy Deep Sea Dragon and spent most of her life in the deep depths of the ocean. Then she became an adult and breeding season began. Maura always wanted to be a mother and like every breeding season for deep sea dragons, they come up to the surface to mate. All of Maura's dreams came crashing down when a natural disaster wiped out her whole clan including herself. Now her soulless body roams around Shopgirl998's cave wishing for the hatchling she could never have and looking for her old clan mates that died in the disaster."

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: Excellent description!

xd.pngD I just checked on the progress of all mine that are pending, and this one seems popular X3

Dragon: Sheldon Lee-Cooper, Misfit Pygmy.

Sheldon, despite being such a tiny dragon, is a genius. He possesses an eidetic memory, and he claims his IQ can't be accurately measured by normal tests. He has an overly extensive general knowledge, and many other dragons have been dragged into conversations about subjects that they just don't care about by him. Sheldon also has qualities associated with being a prodigy, such as an inflated ego, social ineptitude, and an inability to relate emotionally with others. Despite his intelligence, he has a distinct lack of emotional maturity and is often baffled by even the most common social interactions. He not only fails to understand the simplest sarcastic jokes, but also things such as romantic feelings of one being to another. Despite his geocentricism, he appears to be somewhat aware of his social ineptitude, particularly his lack of understanding of sarcasm.

His mate is Amy Farrah-Fowler, though he has no real emotional attachment to her besides close friendship.

User Comments

Accept: OH MY GOSH THIS NAME! xd.png <3 I love this. So much. Approve (+1,000,000,000).

Accept: Bazinga! One error at the end: Amy and Sheldon do become boyfriend and girlfriend later in the series, so there's more than a friendship and they are attached in that way. smile.gif

Accept:

Accept: The Big Bang Theory? xd.png

Accept:

Accept:

@2nd comment: I know that, but he still isnt emotionally attached in the same way as normal people are to their partners. He's attached in a sheldon way X3

And Lagie, the Edgar Allen Poe description is epic. <3

Thanks, Satyr! cool.gif

I need to get back to more regular reviewing but being offline more than on is making is difficult.

Rosen Bridge is the missing link between flamingos and dragons. He has the brain and thoughts of a bird and the gorgeous poses, as well. While he balances himself on a leg, he protects the flamingos that he has come to befriend, as his own comrades. He is not afraid to protect those he holds so dearly in his heart as friends and will not bow down easily to enemies. In harsh situations, he approaches with caution and lets the attempted infiltrator make the first move before he attacks with his powerful bony crest. Maybe one day, he too, will find his other true half.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: I know that name from somewhere... And awesome description? Has he been dreaming of a true love's kiss, and the maid he hopes will come with this?

Accept:

Innocently will never know what it is like to be an adult, for he is frozen forevermore as a lovely young dragon. He likes to travel across planes of dreams and the planes of reality seeking adventure and stories to tell all of the friends he makes through the realms he visits. He enjoys watching the moon and counting stars as he flies between realms, naming them all in his very unique dragon language. Innocently is as pure as stream waters that flow freely out of the top of the highest peaks.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: DUDE!!! ohmy.gif

Accept:

Cutiepatootie was left to die, all by himself in the corner of a cave, near an entrance with barely enough time to live. Lucky for him, a human was walking by and saw the small egg at the entrance of the cave and stuffed said egg in their satchel. Little did the human know that this egg would give them one of the sweetest little dragons that fetches fruit for them both. Cutiepatootie's favorite fruit is Starfruit, because just as he, it's unique.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: cool

Rosepearl is like the faint moon streaking through the clouds. She has the faint color of a rose and the beautiful shine of a pearl.

Her life is adventurous, for vampire dragons don't need sleep like the rest of the dragons do. She has traveled all over the world and knows many locations to hide from the sunlight before the sun sneaks his unyielding rays out from the east.

On dark nights, she sneaks about frolicking through the shadows, attempting to find others to turn as her companions. One of these days, she might be lucky enough to find her other half and bless them with the gift of a vampire's life. Although she is alone for now, she knows that soon enough, she will find the other one she is looking for and take them on her wondrous adventures.

She is the night.

Thor Almighty was found in a pile of eggs, about to give up on his sweet little life. His owner saw him sitting there looking sad and at one glance, decided to help give him a fighting chance. To his owner's surprise, Thor Almighty had been waiting to grow up for quite some time. It took Thor Almighty 22 days to grow into a gorgeous adult male dragon. Thor Almighty now has a place with his owner and all of his adoptive brothers and sisters at the home that gave him a chance. He will be forever cherished.

User Comments

Abstain: Wow, 22 days is a lot! However, days for us is years for dragons, so may want to word it a bit differently.

Accept:

Accept:

^Didn't know that last bit of info there. So, I will be changing that up soon.

@ Lagie: Oh Lagie, that description was epic win. Thanks god he didn't tell them "Berenice"

@ shopgirl998: Wow, that was good! Zombie descriptions are always my favourites.

@ Zephyr_Drake: O-M-G. And paraphrasing Sheldon: "She's not my girlfriend. She's just a girl who is my friend." xd.png

Here is something I got today:

Near the lake, hidden between the reeds, there lives a small tribe of CB Pygmies, led by the eldest of them all, the Great Papu. His egg fell from the nest before being found by his owner, and since then he's got a few screws loose. He has convinced the other Pygmies that they are a "breed of chosen ones" and proclaimed himself as their "king".

The Pygmies of the tribe have secluded themselves from the other dragons, who barely aknowdlege their existence. They are known to celebrate ritual sacrifices, mainly during October, in the hopes to create the Ultimate Undead Dragon (UUD for friends. Great Papu belives that such creature could help the Tribe to fight the Lagmonster and take over the Cave before the Blood-Shedders, the Vampire army with world-domination delusions that lurks at the Forests, manages to do so. Young dragons should be on their toes all the time, as the Pygmies like to kidnap their victims when the leaders Fiedimida the Spitfire and Histin the Albino are not looking.

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: Weird

Seems that someone has no sense of humor. Or is just trolling. xd.png

@Zyphyr- Haha, I love it! Great descrip!

"I thought it was nothing. Just a few misplaced things, someone making noises in the pumpkin patch trying to scare us. But the other day, Dara at the Dragon Crafts stall lost several hatchling scales she'd collected and one of the traveling merchants was found dead. Those sounds aren't human, there's something out there. A monster. Alliset is doomed." (Journal entry found in Alliset)

The village was abandoned and empty. Homes lay vacant, doors unlocked and even open, as though it's residents had left in a hurry. At first Misfit pygmies played lighthearted tricks, and Shadow Walkers found the farmer's pumpkins to be quite a delicacy. But it was not them who drove them away as many have thought. There was one dragon whose life ended on those streets, who gives them her name. A dragon who has sworn in her revived, undead state to get revenge on the people who so brutally took her life. A dragon whose name will always be a reminder of hatred and loathing. A dragon named Alliset.

Comments:

• Accept: Very good description Hawk, I really like this. -Flérida smile.gif
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:

(I got reconized... *blushes* Thank you!)

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Accept: Nice description, mathcat. She sounds pretty cooky! -Flérida

Accept: Very good description Hawk, I really like this. -Flérida :)

Dragon Cave can't handle my accented e's. Apparently I am now Flacrida.

I'll be sure to type unaccented e's from now on.

(I got reconized... *blushes* Thank you!)

You're welcome!

Update on Custos: I just resubmitted his description to see if I can get some fresh comments. That and I spelled "received" wrong (thank you to the person who pointed that out in the comments, I always seem to forget the "I before E except after C" rule.)

@Ishtar and Hawk Thanks ^-^ Sheldon's my fave charrie, I was thrilled to get the names, it would be a waste not to describe them.

I described one of my frozen hatchies yesterday, and someone clearly didnt see that she is frozen...

Like all hatchlings, when she is frightened or exited, Preeth Deschain lets out a high pitched squeal. Unfortunately, Preeth's call is a rather comical "PrrrrreeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE!", that usually ends up giving the poor hatchling hiccups. Preeth is mortified by her squeal, and tries her hardest to avoid making the accursed sound, but is usually unsuccessful in that endeavor. She has dedicated her life to trying to find a way to permanently put an end to it, much to the amusement of her teachers and peers.

User Comments

Accept:

Accept: Awwww! So cute!

Accept:

Reject: What about when she grows?

She is frozen, she cant grow. dry.gif

I just received this comment for Natura Custos.

Reject: ...You know what? I'm classifying this as offensive content. Rejected.

I expect to get some more negative "being homosexual is offensive" comments until the description is accepted by a moderator, so I'm not really upset by this reject. I resubmitted the description again to clear it from the comments, though if I get anothing reject, I'll just leave it. Don't want to re-submit too many times without any notable edits, that'll get annoying for the majority of the reviewers, I'm sure.

Though before I did re-enter it, I received a commentless accept. Thank you to the person who did that at least. :)

EDIT: Just got this one.

Reject: Wait, I swear I already did this one... Whatever. Offensive content, so rejected.

Oh my.

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

I just received this comment for Natura Custos.

I expect to get some more negative "being homosexual is offensive" comments until the description is accepted by a moderator, so I'm not really upset by this reject. I resubmitted the description again to clear it from the comments, though if I get anothing reject, I'll just leave it. Don't want to re-submit too many times without any notable edits, that'll get annoying for the majority of the reviewers, I'm sure.

Though before I did re-enter it, I received a commentless accept. Thank you to the person who did that at least. smile.gif

EDIT: Just got this one.

Oh my.

I'd ask a mod (probably Sock) to review your description and get it approved asap. It's good and people just need to put on their big girl panties and realize that just because they don't like homosexuality doesn't make it offensive.

Also maybe you should ask a mod to put in description guidlines that homosexuality is not considered offensive content on this site. (would like to see this after seeing the negativity you are getting)

I'd ask a mod (probably Sock) to review your description and get it approved asap. It's good and people just need to put on their big girl panties and realize that just because they don't like homosexuality doesn't make it offensive.

Also maybe you should ask a mod to put in description guidlines that homosexuality is not considered offensive content on this site. (would like to see this after seeing the negativity you are getting)

This^

It seems that anyone who includes homosexuality in a description gets at least a few comments like those.

@brairtrainer: Those are good ideas, thank you for suggesting them! I also think it would be nice for a little blurb to be added saying homosexuality is accepted on this site. Or maybe the blurb could be a bit more vague to include all sexualities. Something along the lines of "With romance stories anything goes as long as it isn't over-sexual or graphic".

If anyone can think of something better, feel free to post it.

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

@brairtrainer: Those are good ideas, thank you for suggesting them! I also think it would be nice for a little blurb to be added saying homosexuality is accepted on this site. Or maybe the blurb could be a bit more vague to include all sexualities. Something along the lines of "With romance stories anything goes as long as it isn't over-sexual or graphic".

If anyone can think of something better, feel free to post it.

The bolded part of your reply is what I agree on. But I think it's absolutely ridiculous and stupid that it would even be needed. And I read your description - it sounds fine and should be accepted. And really, some of the comments you've been receiving (yes, I've been stalk-posting a bit) for that particular description is... somewhat outrageous and extremely ignorant and it shouldn't have, but it really, really irks me. mad.gif