mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Queen had been getting cantankerous these past few weeks, since she hadn't risen in a long time. Fortunately, Citrineth took her out for a flight, and she clutched. All the riders are breathing sighs of relief, for the Queen is quite content now, spending all her time watching the little bronze egg.

Another flight was also successful, with a lowly green named Erith being flown by the Queen's son! Her egg sits near the Queen's, Kyrith being so proud of herself she doesn't mind.

Vukagith, an oddly-gendered brown, found herself a wild blue, and a blue egg now sits on the sands.

Another green flight took place later, resulting in another green egg laying seemingly abandoned in a far corner of the Sands.

Translation: I decided to fly some dragons again today, since (like the horrible Weyrwoman I am) I've been neglecting this lineage. I've also updated my Wing listings, see?

Element Kyrith of Pern --- Gold/Sunsong --- Female --- 3 --- Y

Luminath of Pern --- Gold/Sunsong --- Female --- 2 --- N

BRONZE WING

Citrineth of Pern --- Bronze/Sunsong --- Male --- 3 --- N

Zonlied Treth of Pern --- Bronze/Sunsong --- Male --- 1 --- N

Luminath of Pern --- Bronze/Sunsong --- Female --- 2 --- N

Fegath of Pern --- Bronze/Sunsong --- Male --- 4 --- Y

BROWN WING

Ardeth of Pern --- Brown/Whiptail --- Male --- 1 --- N

Lith of Pern --- Brown/Whiptail --- Male --- 1 --- N

Wild Evanath of Pern --- Brown/Whiptail --- Male --- 2 --- N

Spith of Pern --- Brown/Spitfire --- Male --- 1 --- N

Firth of Pern --- Brown/Spitfire --- Female --- 1 --- N

Vukagith of Pern --- Brown/Spitfire --- Female --- 3 --- N

Oltoath of Pern --- Brown/Spitfire --- Female --- 2 --- N

BLUE WING

Coath of Pern --- Blue/Waverunner --- Male --- 1 --- N

Waveth of Pern --- Blue/Waverunner --- Male --- 1 --- N

Fazuth of Pern --- Blue/Daydream --- Male --- 2 --- N

Ceibhfhionnth of Pern --- Blue/Deep Sea --- Male --- 1 --- N

Dinayth of Pern --- Blue/Waverunner --- Female --- 11 --- N

Giyokoth of Pern --- Blue/Waverunner --- Male --- 11 --- N

GREEN WING

T'ryn's Lereth* --- Green/Earth --- Female --- 10 --- N

N'sul's Orminth* --- Green/Earth --- Female --- 10 --- N

Darath of Pern --- Green/Earth --- Female --- 1 --- N

Dornhath of Pern --- Green/Earth --- Male --- 1 --- N

Erith of Pern --- Green/Earth --- Female --- 1 --- N

Rezarth Rakath of Pern --- Green/Frill --- Female --- 3 --- N

Rezart Radelth of Pern --- Green/Frill --- Male --- 1 --- N

Vogelth of Pern --- Green/BBW --- Female --- 1 --- N

*Named before I joined this lineage

Unfortunately Talenth's little one was lost in trade. sad.gif Rather than figure out how to storify it, I'm going to be lazy and just pretend the egg took longer to hatch than normal. xd.png lol

Unfortunately Talenth's little one was lost in trade. sad.gif Rather than figure out how to storify it, I'm going to be lazy and just pretend the egg took longer to hatch than normal. xd.png lol

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! D: Hopefully it found a good home.

Zireth flew high and proud a few days ago and her Sunsong-Gold/Bronze is cracking in the sands. If it is a queen I might keep it, if it's a bronze I might send it out on Search to another Weyr (e.g.: it will be up for adoption). Faranth will be breeding soon, I think. She's starting to glow. happy.gif

I just figured it got lost when it went "in-between" it's first time. Sometimes those young ones just don't get the coordinates right and instead of going to Honshu Weyr it ended up somewhere or some-time else sad.gif It will just finish it's days in another place and time smile.gif

I just figured it got lost when it went "in-between" it's first time. Sometimes those young ones just don't get the coordinates right and instead of going to Honshu Weyr it ended up somewhere or some-time else sad.gif It will just finish it's days in another place and time smile.gif

That's actually a pretty good way to describe the LiT dragons.

Again, sorry it was lost. D: Hopefully it finds a good home between, or wherever it ended up.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that, but it works good.

Elemental Elleth Vex of Pern rose today in Xanadu weyr. Everyone was expecting a mating with her longtime partner the hellfire bronze Elemental Wyveroth Vex, but he was beaten out by a younger spitfire brown male, Elemental Areth Vex of Pern. A brown egg is warming on the sands, and while Xanadu weyr has several candidates, they are welcoming outside candidates as well.

Translation: I decided at the last minute to switch mates in the hope of breaking the eggless streak. They produced a spitfire egg which is available if anyone wants it, but I'll keep it if not.

Edited by airaani

- Gen 4 Terrae hatchie (Terrae x Autumn)

- Gen 3 Skywing egg (Skywing x Black)

Both of them gendered male and have grown up. The Skywing has been named Rhizoloth and the Terrae is Jarruganoth. I'll make a specific report later. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Looks like we might have some new brown and blue choices, if the new Mountain eggs are breedable. smile.gif

ETA: Put Waverunners back on the list, as I totally forgot them. o_o my bad.

Looks like we might have some new brown and blue choices, if the new Mountain eggs are breedable. smile.gif

Yep, I'm keeping my eye on them.

Also, what would you guys opinion be on culling the breeds down to the canon colors (Golds, Bronze, Brown, Blue, Green), and moving a few breeds around in the bronze/brown section?

What I would propose be the new breeds (please comment!)

GOLDS

Gold

Sunsong (naturally gendered female)

BRONZES

Hellfire* (Females included if you want to break canon a little)

Sunsong (females included if you want to break canon a little, when they are not queen-appropriate)

Black** - possibly move to BROWN, or remove, since CB blacks can be hard to come by.

BROWNS

Spitfire

Whiptail

Autumn Seasonal (Season Permitting)

BLUES

Water

Deepsea

Skywing

Bluna

Waterhorse

Daydream

Ice

Thunder

Electric

Winter Seasonal (Season Permitting)

Guardian

Waverunners

GREENS

Pebble

Terra

Vine/Alt Vine

Mint

Canopy

Neotropical

Waterwalker

Bright Breasted Wyvern

Spring Seasonal (Season Permitting) - can use in Spring/Summer

Summer Seasonal (Season Permitting) - Can use in Spring/Summer

Greens and Blues have a lot of breed options, versus the Browns have a bit fewer, Bronzes even fewer, and Golds are limited to the two breeds, because if you notice in the books, there are an abundance of greens and blues, and less browns, then less bronzes, and then the few queens of the weyr. At least that is how I understand it. It's been a while.

We could officially cut out the non-canon color breeds (anything already bred is safe though, just continue with the new official breeds). Just to simplify things a little bit. I can go edit the front page later.

Also, could you guys who are active post with your queens, and any permanent mates as well as possible secondary mates, so I can update the front page with that? I kind of fell behind. D: Sorry!

If the new eggs are breedable with the others, they'll be added accordingly (probably Brown and Blue). What say you guys?

Edited by mishii

Also, what would you guys opinion be on culling the breeds down to the canon colors (Golds, Bronze, Brown, Blue, Green), and moving a few breeds around in the bronze/brown section?

What I would propose be the new breeds (please comment!)

GOLDS

Gold

BRONZES

Sunsong (females included if you want to break canon a little, when they are not queen-appropriate)

Black** - possibly move to BROWN, or remove, since CB blacks can be hard to come by.

BROWNS

Spitfire

Whiptail

BLUES

Water

Deepsea

Skywing

Bluna

Waterhorse

Daydream

Ice

Thunder

Electric

Guardian

GREENS

Pebble

Terra

Vine/Alt Vine

Mint

Canopy

Neotropical

Waterwalker

Bright Breasted Wyvern

That all looks fine and dandy to me. I would leave Blacks where they are, for now, mainly because, as you said, there's very few Bronze breeds. Perhaps if we get another bronzish breed, we can cull them, but personally I think they're fine for the moment.

As for Queen's, here's Fort's stand-in. I'm still trying my pairs for golds every week, and stalking trades and departures, as well.

Senior Queen Talenth and her primary mate, Elementh. I do switch her mates though, so he's not permanent.

Junior Queen Gloameth and her wild green mate. He is permanent, unless someone requests something different.

Edited by Gyps13

GOLDS

Gold

BRONZES

BROWNS

Spitfire

Whiptail

BLUES

Water

Deepsea

Skywing

Bluna

Waterhorse

Daydream

Ice

Thunder

Electric

Guardian

GREENS

Pebble

Terra

Vine/Alt Vine

Mint

Canopy

Neotropical

Waterwalker

Bright Breasted Wyvern

Looks good to me too, except that I miss the Coastal Waverunners in the Blue catagory sad.gif I already have 2 of them in my wings and I rather like them in the Blues... but will drop using them hereafter, if everyone agrees to their being dropped from the project. Will give you a breakdown of Honshu's dragons tomorrow or later today smile.gif

Looks good to me too, except that I miss the Coastal Waverunners in the Blue catagory sad.gif I already have 2 of them in my wings and I rather like them in the Blues... but will drop using them hereafter, if everyone agrees to their being dropped from the project. Will give you a breakdown of Honshu's dragons tomorrow or later today smile.gif

I'm such I dork. Thanks. I meant to put them in...I was going off my main list on the front page, and never put them on there in the first place.

Waverunners are staying xd.png

I was hoping for a gold out of Golden Ramoth and Brz Mnementh but got http://dragcave.net/lineage/27Uv instead. If anyone wants it let me know.

Congrats on the new eggie... since I already have 2 of their babies in my wings, I think I'll pass... they are wonderful dragons, though... Honshu Weyr has been proud to have them as part of the Honshu family smile.gif Good luck and happy hatching to whomever ends up with the baby smile.gif

I'm holding off breeding until the New Egg craze dies down a bit. I still need to collect a few more of them myself, and I'm sure others are locked too. However, if you really, really want an egg from my pair(s), shoot me a PM. Otherwise, I'll be back in a week, once we find out about breeding habits, and if the blue and brown mountains will fit. happy.gif

And we have some adults! lol

Well, I'm kind of stuck on these new fellows and gals. They seem to have a bit too much purple to fit in either the Blue or Brown Categories. But then again, the Canopies and BBWs are green, yet they have a lot of red/other colors in them. And the Spitfires are actually blue and brown.

I dunno. I'm stuck. Any other thoughts?

I think that the blue Ridges could work fine in the Blue category. I mean, there are aqua and blue-green in there, and deep navy. It's dominant color is blue.

As for the other ones, I'm not sure. If anything, I'd put them in brown, but there's a bit TOO much color on them to really fit. The Spitfires were mostly brown with that little bit of blue, but they look like a brown dragon. These are kind of...not really here or there.

Not sure. POLL TIME!

Blue Ridgebacks = agreed!

I would happily include the brown Ridgebacks as browns, because (a) we need more browns and (cool.gif the male one looks brown enough to qualify to me. Where the male Nebulas were purple and black without any Pern colors, the female Ridgebacks are purple and brown, even if the purple is more dominant. Tbh, if not for the males I wouldn't include them and will probably influence any CB ones I get to male if they're voted in, but... needs more browns! xd.png

Finally! After a few weeks of no eggs warming in our sands, Ista's Queen Milzith decided to forgive whatever the males of the weyr had done to her and clutched a single egg.

Well, if they are voted in, personally I'm going to stick to Males only. The female Tan especially has a bit too much color to fit for my liking. We'll see. happy.gif

For my 2 cents... I think I'm going to stay true to Pern and say that we keep the males Ridges (both colors) and ignore the females, just like we do the other blues and browns... thank goodness for influencing smile.gif

I'm inclined to agree with you guys on that.

I think it would end up being the Blue Ridgeback Males = Blue, and the Tan Ridgeback Males = Brown. If an influence fails and you end up with a female, you can freeze it, abandon it, or bite it.

On another note, do you guys have a preference towards the breaking of canon regarding gender? I know some of you have come up with some funny stories to explain "oddly gendered dragons" - blue hellfires, male greens, etc - and they are very entertaining. I know that some of you are sticking to the canon by influencing for the proper gender. Personally, I don't really mind one way or the other, but if, as a whole, you would like to set it canon or non-canon (for future dragons, we're not gonna ret-con already bred/named dragons out!), we could do that.

Also, it appears that a few Weyrs might be inactive... I'll send a few PMs out tomorrow and see what's up. If the previous Weyrleaders decide to step down, new leadership positions for those Weyrs will open up.

I'll edit the main post some time tomorrow night. Just wanted to pop in and say hi, see what the polls were saying, give a little update. Gotta head to bed, have 2 classes tomorrow that last all day. -__- Yay college! :3

I prefer to stick to cannon. My one branch of odd-genders was an accident, and I'm only going to allow it in that line, and only if I don't have an Influence available. But that's just me. happy.gif For everything else, I'll stay cannon.

I'm still breeding (unsuccessfully) for golds. *sigh*