mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer not to stick to the canon color/gender division, mainly because I feel sorry for the greens, and all but two of my lineage-descended Pern dragons have been male, and if I stuck to canon colors their mates would all be green. Also, I prefer not to influence my lineaged dragons, but just the CBs I find to pair with them, and I don't like to freeze clean-lined dragons just because they gender wrong.

/tl;dr your mileage may vary. ^^

Just bumping a bit. happy.gif

I'm sure that's true! cool.gif

I've got a grownup blue Ridgeback now, and the breeding test thread on Site Discussion suggests that (a) they breed like commons, and (b ) color-wise, they breed like Dorsals (blue Ridgebacks can lay blue or brown Ridgeback eggs, and browns can also lay eggs of either color). Also, that browns are less common than blues (which I can vouch for, not having caught one yet).

Just gonna leave all that here, in case it's important to anyone still thinking over whether it'd be nice to include them in the lineage.

Edited by infiniteviking

Just thought I'd check in and also give you a peek at the Honshu Weyr's Dragon Breakdown... For those who care:

user posted image

PS... 0G = CB

Bumping... hate to see this thread on the 4th page smile.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

Thanks again! xd.png

I'm so busy with my last semester of college, and the new drop of course has some of us busy trying to catch them lol.

I'm working on a new front page, getting it all typed up in Word. Should be done this weekend - got a few projects and a family holiday thing going on, so I'll be a bit busy.

I haven't bred Faranth recently due to the egg drop, but if anyone would like an egg from her let me know - I bred Zireth and got a sunsong that I influenced male - I need a few bronzes from her. I still haven't managed to get any of the Ridgewings. D: I'm really off my game! I have a few flamingos though xd.png

Off to class for me. <3

_Z_ went on another locking spree. Bump! smile.gif

Haha yeah, I saw that. Thanks.

I'm expecting a trade sometime later today, i hope, and after that I can breed Faranth if anyone would like. I have a few other test pairs as well, but we'll see if I get to them today. If anyone wants an egg let me know. ^^

I think I will include them. The Tan ones I'm leaning towards BROWN, and the blue ones to BLUE.

Only issue I've seen is that they can change color with breeding - you might get a tan out of a blue one or vice-versa. One way to solve that is if you get a color that couldn't "breed" from the color categories of it's parents - say a blue ridgewing and a green mated and somehow produced a tan, or a tan and a bronze produced a blue, or something along those lines depending on how you breed your wings - you could raise them to hatchlings and then freeze them, or just boot them to the AP, I guess. What do you guys think?

I would probably wait and freeze them - would give me more scroll partition dragons to split up my lineages >.>

Jewish holidays have been keeping me busier than I thought. D: Blarg.

I just influence them male no matter what the breed, unless they are Green-type breeds or "Suns" directly from queens, then I let the just gender naturally and use them as the gender dictates... no freezing necessary or booting to the AP smile.gif

I think I will include them.  The Tan ones I'm leaning towards BROWN, and the blue ones to BLUE.
Yay!

Only issue I've seen is that they can change color with breeding - you might get a tan out of a blue one or vice-versa. One way to solve that is if you get a color that couldn't "breed" from the color categories of it's parents - say a blue ridgewing and a green mated and somehow produced a tan,  or a tan and a bronze produced a blue, or something along those lines depending on how you breed your wings - you could raise them to hatchlings and then freeze them, or just boot them to the AP, I guess. What do you guys think?
Hmm! That's a good question -- same with, for example, a Canopy/Autumn > Winter combination (green/brown > blue). I think I'd sooner go by the idea that green (or blue or brown, if you don't go by gender=color) females can theoretically lay any color egg except gold, no matter who the mate is.

Jewish holidays have been keeping me busier than I thought. D: Blarg.
Happy New Year! ^^

*edit* And on that note, Elemental Vorrith of Pern has flown Coyoth of Xanadu Weyr, leaving a ridgeback blue egg on our sands! Anybody who wants this fifth-gen Xanadu Weyr egg, PM me! ..Gone.~

Edited by infiniteviking

Personally I'd rather break canon a little and allow other female colors than just gold and green, but if others don't want that, I will note it when eggs are up for grabs.

Now that infiniteviking mentions it, I'd forgotten that in the books that Queens and greens basically can produce any color. So if that were the case, it wouldn't matter what egg Seasonals give, since all of them fit into a category. Same would go for the Stripes, with the exception of the Whites (unless you use them as "Ruth"-type dragons)

Mishii, I'd love to have it, it no one else has claimed it... PM me if you still want a home for it smile.gif

nope, not claimed yet. It's yours! I PM'd you. *lurks in IRC*

Newsies! I've got a pending trade for a pair of lower-genned golds tomorrow. If it works out, Fort will soon have for sure a real Gold Queen. I'm not sure if the second one will be used, but we'll see. smile.gif

I'll report back tomorrow. happy.gif

That's awesome Gyps! Hope all goes well!

Been a little slow - the little sunsong got sniped from Ldyfsh. D: I've been locked/juggling around with a few trades this week, but once all my babies grow up I should be open again to try breeding. ^^

Trade successful, and both golds are safely on my scroll. Thanks kad! biggrin.gif

I went ahead and Influenced both female, just in case one fails. I'll post lineages tomorrow. I want to keep an eye on them first, since the other eggs on my scroll have been getting a lot more views lately. Plus, I have to think of a plausible story line, so Talenth won't reject them. wink.gif

(Story time!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sad times had overtaken Fort Weyr for a time. After mourning one of her hatchlings, lost Between, Queen Talenth and her daughters hadn't felt the need to rise to mate. Gloameth sought to comfort her mother during the day, while at night sought her own comfort from her giant green mate, and their family of odd green dragons. Zhulemith, meanwhile, tossed aside her pride to soothe her mother's sorrow. The bronzes and browns gave of themselves as well, and brought food to their Queen and her large family, so they wouldn't have to venture out. Soon sorrow passed, but happiness did not immediately return, either.

Then, one night, well after midnight, Talenth snuck from her weyr, and took to the skies, with Elementh close behind her. The two flew in silence for a long while, as Elementh could sense his mate's need to think. He kept close, however, unsure of her intentions. It would be an awful tragedy if Talenth were to follow her lost hatchling Between. But the Queen merely wanted some space, away from the other dragons. She settled onto a large rise on the beach, overlooking the sea. Elementh landed beside her, approaching cautiously. Totally out of character, Talenth snuggled beneath his wing. Eventually the pair fell asleep.

The warmth of the morning sun warmed them awake, along with the noisy chattering of dragons in the back of their minds. Apparently their departure was causing some stir in the Weyr. Talenth snorted, but ignored the repeated calls. Elementh supressed a laugh. The display of contrariness on the Queen's part was actually a good sign, in his mind.

"We should head back," he advised.

"I will, once I have warmed up. These sands are much colder than the Hatching Sands."

Elementh grunted, and settled back down with a WHUMPH! "Lumpier as well."

"Lumpier? How can sand be lumpy?"

"I do not know," Elementh grumbled. "But there are lumps beneath the sands."

Suddenly curious, Talenth ordered, "Scoot over." Elementh obeyed, eyeing the SunGold in annoyance.

"Hey!" He ducked a clawful of sand sent his way. "What are you doing?"

"Sand is not supposed to be lumpy. There is something here."

"So? Humans bury things all of the time."

Talenth suddenly let out a surprised bark. "But do they bury eggs?"

"Eggs? What??"

Elementh twined his neck to see over his mate's back. Both of them stared in amazement at the unmistakable shape of dragon eggs, half-buried in the beach sands. And not just any eggs. They glittered with Golden fire. Cautiously, Elementh took to the air, surveying for any wild dragons. The last thing he wanted was to get into a battle with a clutching mother. But the skies were clear and free. He settled onto the ground once more.

"What should we do with them?" he asked. The look Talenth turned on him almost made him laugh.

"What do you think we do with them? We hatch them, of course. Don't be an idiot." In that moment, Elementh knew he'd no longer need to worry about his mate.

Together, the pair carefully lifted the two eggs, and took to the air back to the Weyr. They kept close to the ground as much as possible, to keep them warm. They were greeted by a full wing of ecstatic dragons and riders, and accompanied to the Hatching Grounds. For a full day the Sands were frequented by curious dragons and humans. Just as the new eggs pulsed with pure golden fire, the Weyr began to pulse with life once more, and in more ways than one. The night after the Golden eggs were discovered and adopted, Talenth and Elementh took to the air in their own dance of joy and victory. Soon after, a third egg joined the clutch, a lovely bronze.

Once again, Talenth became her usual contrary self, alternating between preening with pride and ordering the dragons around testily. Gloameth and Zhulemith decided it would be wise to wait until the new eggs hatched, before satisfying their own desires to fly. Once again, happiness and excitement permeates Fort Weyr.

Added to the gold eggs, I also have a HFire egg from Talenth and Elementh up for gifting. Just PM me if you'd like it. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

(Story time!)

Sad times had overtaken Fort Weyr for a time. After mourning one of her hatchlings, lost Between, Queen Talenth and her daughters hadn't felt the need to rise to mate. Gloameth sought to comfort her mother during the day, while at night sought her own comfort from her giant green mate, and their family of odd green dragons. Zhulemith, meanwhile, tossed aside her pride to soothe her mother's sorrow. The bronzes and browns gave of themselves as well, and brought food to their Queen and her large family, so they wouldn't have to venture out. Soon sorrow passed, but happiness did not immediately return, either.

Then, one night, well after midnight, Talenth snuck from her weyr, and took to the skies, with Elementh close behind her. The two flew in silence for a long while, as Elementh could sense his mate's need to think. He kept close, however, unsure of her intentions. It would be an awful tragedy if Talenth were to follow her lost hatchling Between. But the Queen merely wanted some space, away from the other dragons. She settled onto a large rise on the beach, overlooking the sea. Elementh landed beside her, approaching cautiously. Totally out of character, Talenth snuggled beneath his wing. Eventually the pair fell asleep.

The warmth of the morning sun warmed them awake, along with the noisy chattering of dragons in the back of their minds. Apparently their departure was causing some stir in the Weyr. Talenth snorted, but ignored the repeated calls. Elementh supressed a laugh. The display of contrariness on the Queen's part was actually a good sign, in his mind.

"We should head back," he advised.

"I will, once I have warmed up. These sands are much colder than the Hatching Sands."

Elementh grunted, and settled back down with a WHUMPH! "Lumpier as well."

"Lumpier? How can sand be lumpy?"

"I do not know," Elementh grumbled. "But there are lumps beneath the sands."

Suddenly curious, Talenth ordered, "Scoot over." Elementh obeyed, eyeing the SunGold in annoyance.

"Hey!" He ducked a clawful of sand sent his way. "What are you doing?"

"Sand is not supposed to be lumpy. There is something here."

"So? Humans bury things all of the time."

Talenth suddenly let out a surprised bark. "But do they bury eggs?"

"Eggs? What??"

Elementh twined his neck to see over his mate's back. Both of them stared in amazement at the unmistakable shape of dragon eggs, half-buried in the beach sands. And not just any eggs. They glittered with Golden fire. Cautiously, Elementh took to the air, surveying for any wild dragons. The last thing he wanted was to get into a battle with a clutching mother. But the skies were clear and free. He settled onto the ground once more.

"What should we do with them?" he asked. The look Talenth turned on him almost made him laugh.

"What do you think we do with them? We hatch them, of course. Don't be an idiot." In that moment, Elementh knew he'd no longer need to worry about his mate.

Together, the pair carefully lifted the two eggs, and took to the air back to the Weyr. They kept close to the ground as much as possible, to keep them warm. They were greeted by a full wing of ecstatic dragons and riders, and accompanied to the Hatching Grounds. For a full day the Sands were frequented by curious dragons and humans. Just as the new eggs pulsed with pure golden fire, the Weyr began to pulse with life once more, and in more ways than one. The night after the Golden eggs were discovered and adopted, Talenth and Elementh took to the air in their own dance of joy and victory. Soon after, a third egg joined the clutch, a lovely bronze.

Once again, Talenth became her usual contrary self, alternating between preening with pride and ordering the dragons around testily. Gloameth and Zhulemith decided it would be wise to wait until the new eggs hatched, before satisfying their own desires to fly. Once again, happiness and excitement permeates Fort Weyr.

Added to the gold eggs, I also have a HFire egg from Talenth and Elementh up for gifting. Just PM me if you'd like it. happy.gif

I loved the story!!! So Pern-like smile.gif Congrats to Fort from Honshu for the "clutching" of the new golds smile.gif

Also, Honshu would like to request the adoption of the new bronze baby, if no other weyr has requested it yet. Would like to start a new wing (a Fort Wing) before Thread hits again... May even have a Jr. Queen to lure the baby over with, since my Jr. Queen (out of Benden), Kimalanth of Pern has laid a beautiful new Sunsong (Gold if female, Bronze if male... gendering will be natural per lineage rules)... awaiting hatching and gendering to see if we have a Bronze or new Jr. Queen smile.gif

Here is the baby's lineage: New Pern Egg