mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have two moar green eggs!

I think I'll be working on just Greens for a while untill I get my ratio of Green-Blue-Brown-Bronze-Gold fixed, cause I have 6 or 7 Bronzes and only 3 Greens.

And I felt like story telling, so here goes for the flights!

Koeigath's egg is a Neo Green and the wild pair's egg is a Pebble Doubble Green (meaning it's mother was a green and it's father a forrest green (male green)).

Korigath's Wild Moonlight Flight

Korigath watched the moon from under the crystal-clear water. He was near the shallows, as always, waiting for his rider to wake in a few hours. Suddenly, he heard the scream of a heardbeast as it was slain, not by a man, but by a dragon. He could see her lapping up the blood in preperation for flight, a beautiful green with yellow markings on her hide.

He could tell by her body language that she was wild, she was trying not to be noticed... yet. She then began her flight, flying upwards and towards the water. With no other males around but a few sleepy wild blues, Korigath saw his chance. As she flew over him, he erupted from the water and caught her. That night she slept by his head on the shore, to heavey from her eggs to fly away.

In the moening, Korigath woke to find the green missing, he could see her footprints leading towards the mountins, he know on the other side was a wild hatching sands. All that was left was one green egg. He knew it needed ti be in the sands, so he called his rider, who then went and put the egg into the hatching sands.

Wild forrest flight

The weyr was quiet. There was no green's rising and thread was not yet here. It was too early to start any training, so all the inhabitants of the weyr were having a relaxing morning. Then suddenly, a child spotted a wild green rising high above the forrest, pursued by... another green?

As the inhabitants of the weyr sat back to watch the unusual flight, one of the dragonriders explained to the children that sometimes dragons can hatch the wrong color for their gender, and there are special names for them. A male green is called a Forrest Green, a female Blue is either called a Lite Blue if she ranks with the male Blues or Greens, or a Super Blue of she ranks with the Browns and Bronzes. A female Bronze is called a Copper, a female Brown is called a Granite Brown. A male Gold is almost unheard of, but they are called Pyrite's.

As the wild green's finished mating, the female started to decend. Suddenly, a strong wind blew her off cource, and as she was getting heaveyer my the seccond, she couldnt correct herself. She crash landed into the hatching sands, and was knocked ot cold.

She awoke later that day, ready to lay. She laid a little Green egg on the sands, and decided to run before she had to lay the rest of her clutch. The weyr was pleasently surprised to have the green egg, and are looking forward to it's hatching.

I keep missing you... I'll be online again at 4pm (Western Australian Time) till 5pm on a high speed comp, then online all night on my Laptop. I know that your in Aus... if your in the Eastern states then those times will be 6pm-7pm and later.

If your online at that time, PM me.

You still want that hatchy? Its gendered female now and grows up soon!

I still want it! I'm not working tomorrow, so I'll stay up till your online again. PLEASE PM me when you are...

airaani and I managed to connect, and we have a new Xanadu bronze (Hfire) sitting on the sands. Several of the greens are eying it with interest.

Thanks airaani! smile.gif

EDIT: I also have finally named my first two Firelizards, Ybelle of Ruatha (CB Day Drak) and Yloro of Ruatha (CB Ochredrak). I'm working on a Bronze (Night Drak), and will be sticking with all Ruathan. smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

It seems as if Ista Weyr is suffering from a lack of eggs and hatchlings. Our queen Milzith has failed to clutch for the past three flights. :/ Which is very odd seeing as she has only ever done it once before.

Perhaps her sons and daughters will show more promise.

mishii, I'm curious to know if anyone has heard from elencha lately, for Fort? If not, may I step in as a temp? I've been trying for a gold, though I have yet to succeed. But it seems a shame to let Fort go inactive if she's no longer active. sad.gif

As far as I know, no. I checked her queen, and her queen has no children that I can see, so it might be safe to say that either life has come to make her busy, or they forgot, or they don't have access to internet, or something. But it's been a very long time with no updates whatsoever.

For now, you can step in if you like. You can even go and get a CB Sunsong and get it to randomly gender female, to be a queen. I know you had asked to found it waaaay back but elencha had beaten you to it, I believe.

I'm not pushing people to use GOLD only, as golds in any sense are extremely hard to get, let alone a CB, so we're substituting RANDOMLY gendering female Sunsongs as queens as well. ^^

*cry* that would have been a nice addition to my ranks.

I it possible for me to start a Temp Weyr? I have only got wings of other weyrs and already have a female CB Sunsong...

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

As far as I know, no. I checked her queen, and her queen has no children that I can see, so it might be safe to say that either life has come to make her busy, or they forgot, or they don't have access to internet, or something. But it's been a very long time with no updates whatsoever.

For now, you can step in if you like. You can even go and get a CB Sunsong and get it to randomly gender female, to be a queen. I know you had asked to found it waaaay back but elencha had beaten you to it, I believe.

I'm not pushing people to use GOLD only, as golds in any sense are extremely hard to get, let alone a CB, so we're substituting RANDOMLY gendering female Sunsongs as queens as well. ^^

Well, I surely understand the "life being difficult" part. Full sympathy if that's it. *sigh*

Trading might still be an issue for me for a while, but I can at least build up a Fort Weyr Wing. If it's okay, go ahead and put me down as a temp Weyrleader. I'm still breeding for a Gold, but I'll grab a Sunsong to start things up. If elencha comes back in the meantime, I'll defer to her. happy.gif

Thanks mishii!

Someone added my eggs to a hatchery without my permission, so now i have two green un-influenced hatchies dry.gif

I was waiting for my pinks to come out of cooldown, which was today, and now I have to wait and see if they gender female naturaly.

But good news, I influenced a CB BBW and CB Canopy egg to be girls, and our new Monaco Bay Green Podmath rose to mate for the first time and was caught by the wings only Brown, Fromerianth.

We now have a nice Spitfire Brown egg resting in the sands.

I'm still hanging out here. I have a randomly gendered female caveborn Sunsong and the original 3nd gen gold. I'm still on and off breeding for a 2nd gen Gold, but the chances of that are slim. I'd really like to get started on a Weyr, because I have a bit of a large group of foundation stock sitting on my scroll collecting dust.

sure, but you'll need a desendant of Roselewth to do so... I have many pairs, but the easiest to get is a sunsong from her kids...

Okay, picked up a Sunsong and Influenced it female. We should have a Temp Fort Queen in about a week. happy.gif

Also my Xanadu Bronze (Hfire) just gendered male, so I'll report him as soon as he's named. smile.gif

EDIT: He's just been named Vexellyth of Pern. Thanks airaani! smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

-waves- That's sad about Fort... I hope she comes back eventually but in the meantime, yay for Gyps standing in.

Benden news: blue Kaiidth finally rose again, and was caught by blue Hammanath, resulting in a skywing blue egg on our sands. If anyone wants this Benden egg, PM me!

Telgar news: Jadeth and Paxeth's brown son grew up, and has been named Steth of Pern.

Monaco Bay Secondary Sands are happily hosting another little egg. Green Ceriseth flew high today, and was caught by a stormy wild blue (Thunder). After a rather electric flight, Ceriseth returned home to lay a lovely green (BBW) egg.

Meanwhile, Vexellyth of Xanadu hasn't quite got the hang of flights just yet. While the flight was successful, the wild green he caught disappeared, along with the egg! Vexellyth is a bit puzzled, but the riders are sure he'll get the hang of it next time.

-----------------------------------------------

Translation: I've got a BBW egg, which I hope I'll have a Pink ready for influencing in time. And I clicked the wrong Vine, so I dropped the egg. Lesson learned? When you're tired, always triple check what you're breeding. xd.png

Elemental Elleth Vex of Pern rose today, and was caught once again by Elemental Wyveroth Vex of Pern. The resulting bronze egg is warming on Xanadu's sands.

Elleth and Wyveroth's son Elemental Morventh Vex of Pern flew green Elemental Harth Vex of Pern today as well, and another bronze egg joined the clutch on the sands at Xanadu

The weyr is thinking of bringing in outside riders for this Impression (translation: these eggs are up for grabs ^.^)

Our Sunsong has hatched. Hopefully Fort will soon have a Jr. Queen (I say "junior", just in case elencha comes back, or I get a gold at some point). Cross your fingers! happy.gif

Elemental Elleth Vex of Pern rose today, and was caught once again by Elemental Wyveroth Vex of Pern. The resulting bronze egg is warming on Xanadu's sands.

Elleth and Wyveroth's son Elemental Morventh Vex of Pern flew green Elemental Harth Vex of Pern today as well, and another bronze egg joined the clutch on the sands at Xanadu

The weyr is thinking of bringing in outside riders for this Impression (translation: these eggs are up for grabs ^.^)

I dropped Morventh and Harth's egg, but this second gen Xanadu egg is still up for grabs. PM me if interested, not sure how much longer I'll keep it.

Just updating that the Female Sunsong/Jr. Queen for Fort has grown up. She hasn't been named yet, and I don't have time for details tonight. Plus I forgot to fog eggs and am hatchie-locked, lol, so I can't breed her yet. But I will be back within the next day or 2 to update. Fort shall soon grow! laugh.gif

Kaiidth and Hammanath's blue skywing Benden egg has hatched. If anyone wants the hatchling, I'll probably be online after eight EST -- PM me and we can transfer it. ^^