mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sure ldy, it's all yours, if you don't mind waiting a day. I can't stay on long enough to drop it today. But PM me, and we'll figure out a time for tomorrow. smile.gif

And glad you like the story. happy.gif

Sure ldy, it's all yours, if you don't mind waiting a day. I can't stay on long enough to drop it today. But PM me, and we'll figure out a time for tomorrow. smile.gif

And glad you like the story. happy.gif

Sure, I don't mind... PMing you now smile.gif

My Jr. Queen (out of Benden), Kimalanth of Pern has laid a beautiful new Sunsong (Gold if female, Bronze if male... gendering will be natural per lineage rules)... awaiting hatching and gendering to see if we have a Bronze or new Jr. Queen smile.gif

Here is the baby's lineage:  New Pern Egg

On Sept. 18th Honshu's Jr. Queen, Kimalanth, did the "unthinkable" (at least as far as the other Queens saw it) and allowed Brown, Spindeth (Spitfire) to catch her in flight... This was frowned upon by the other queens, since tradition in Honshu has been that the mates of a queen have always been Bronzes... When a beautiful "shiny" egg was produced (Sunsong) the other Queens were happy that Kim's "folly" at least produced a new Bronze for the Weyr wings, but Kim was certain it was a new Queen... she said the only reason it wasn't bright gold was that the shell had taken on a Brown cast in honor of it's "beautiful father". The sands were crowded with visitors all wanting to check out the new eggie... when it hatched all were surprised to see that you still couldn't tell if it was a gold or a bronze... The other queens snickered and said that this new dragonet was not Honshu material if it couldn't even decide what it was, but Kim stood her ground and nurtured it to gendering stage and... "Mother knew best"...

It's a Girl!!! May I introduce the newest Jr. Queen for Honshu Weyr (out of Benden):

Lamanth of Pern

Edited by Ldyfsh

On Sept. 18th Honshu's Jr. Queen, Kimalanth, did the "unthinkable" (at least as far as the other Queens saw it) and allowed Brown, Spindeth (Spitfire) to catch her in flight... This was frowned upon by the other queens, since tradition in Honshu has been that the mates of a queen have always been Bronzes... When a beautiful "shiny" egg was produced (Sunsong) the other Queens were happy that Kim's "folly" at least produced a new Bronze for the Weyr wings, but Kim was certain it was a new Queen... she said the only reason it wasn't bright gold was that the shell had taken on a Brown cast in honor of it's "beautiful father". The sands were crowded with visitors all wanting to check out the new eggie... when it hatched all were surprised to see that you still couldn't tell if it was a gold or a bronze... The other queens snickered and said that this new dragonet was not Honshu material if it couldn't even decide what it was, but Kim stood her ground and nurtured it to gendering stage and... "Mother knew best"...

It's a Girl!!! May I introduce the newest Jr. Queen for Honshu Weyr (out of Benden):

Lamanth of Pern

Congratulations! That was a great story! Benden is proud today, and sends well wishes to the young queen and her mother!

Mishii, Lamanth is actually a Gold from Benden in the Pern Books:

• Celina and gold Lamanth at Benden

I forget which one, but I found it in the archives smile.gif Thought is was appropriate smile.gif

That's awesome! xd.png Very appropriate ^^

The blues and browns I have on my scroll (CB's) are all names from the books xd.png

(Story time!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fort Weyr:    The night after the Golden eggs were discovered and adopted, Talenth and Elementh took to the air in their own dance of joy and victory. Soon after, a third egg joined the clutch, a lovely bronze.

Once again, Talenth became her usual contrary self, alternating between preening with pride and ordering the dragons around testily. Gloameth and Zhulemith decided it would be wise to wait until the new eggs hatched, before satisfying their own desires to fly. Once again, happiness and excitement permeates Fort Weyr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Added to the gold eggs, I also have a HFire egg from Talenth and Elementh up for gifting. Just PM me if you'd like it. happy.gif

Update for Honshu... Fort's baby Bronze (HF) took to flight early after hatching (a little "hellion" already) and landed in the warm sands of Honshu. He seems to have taken a "shine" to the newest Jr. Queen here and refuses to go back to Fort (also loves the warmer weather here in the South). Since the need for more dragons to cover the wing positions at Honshu is desperate ( queens and female greens keep either not producing or producing females), Fort has given permission to the "little guy" and his weyrling to stay here and become part of Honshu's family... THANK YOU!!! Fort!!!! I must thank all the weyrs that have helped Honshu build up it's wings: Benden & Monaco Bay have been great help in this endeavor... hopefully my females will start producing now that the options have grown (may have to bring in some temporary mates since the permanent ones are not helping the weyr right now). Will update further as soon as the weyrling decides to let us know what the hatchling's name is (they are both still a little shy around their new family) smile.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

Things have been slow at Xanadu weyr. Elleth, the queen, rises regularly, but has not produced any eggs in recent months. There have been whispers that she's beginning to age, and a younger queen should be found. So far, nothing has come of this, as Elleth's rider believes she's still in her prime. Elleth's eye has begun to wander from her current bronze mate, and has taken to flying around outside the weyr, seeking a new wild bronze.

The firstborn son of Elleth and her first mate Wyveroth chased his green mate Harth today and caught her. The resulting green egg is warming on Xanadu's sands. It is available for adoption by other weyrs if anyone would like it, but Xanadu has an unpaired blue male who will take it as a mate if not.

Hi, everyone!

I have little to report, save for a couple of new CB ridgeback and autumn seasonal brown eggs on our hatching sands, being kept carefully warm in the hopes that they'll produce strong weyrlings in a week or so.

Here's some news for Honshu, though: sunsong junior gold Nereveth was caught by CB neotropical green Oberanth today. Their green egg is available for anyone who wants to adopt it!

Edited by infiniteviking

I am in the need for new Queens here in Telgar. We have had over a month of no eggs from Roselewth and her daughters... So if anyone gets a true gold eggy, Telgar would love to get it...

Hi, everyone!

I have little to report, save for a couple of new CB ridgeback and autumn seasonal brown eggs on our hatching sands, being kept carefully warm in the hopes that they'll produce strong weyrlings in a week or so.

Here's some news for Honshu, though: sunsong junior gold Nereveth was caught by CB neotropical green Oberanth today. Their green egg is available for anyone who wants to adopt it!

Hooray!!! Honshu sends greetings and congratulations to Jr. Queen Nereventh... may your new little one grow strong and fight thread with the best of them, wherever he/she may end up nesting smile.gif

Speaking of little ones... Honshu's green(Terrae) Deyath flew high and proud and was caught by green(Terrae), Yemith... and now warming in the sands is a beautiful lineaged green egg. Could be a male or female for some other weyr if someone wants it... look at this baby:

New Green Egg

PM me if you are interested smile.gif

I'm just reporting that one of the Golds gendered properly, and has been named Helidoryth. Hopefully the other will gender soon, and can be named. Once I find out, I'll storify things. happy.gif

EDIT: And now we have 2 Gold females! Introducing Ictiryth. Be back in a moment with stories!

Edited by Gyps13

Fort Weyr buzzed with excitement! Dragons lined the ledges of the hatching sands, their hum shaking the rock walls. Weyrfolk flooded the grounds, barely managing to hold themselves to a respectful distance. Gloameth and Zhulemith flanked their mother, Talenth, adding their own voices to the resonant melody. Surrounded by the expectant candidates, the two golden eggs pulsed in time to the beat. First one crack, then another, then another began spider-webbing across the glowing shells. Finally a resounding CRAAACKK!! broke through the humming, followed quickly by another.

Two tiny hatchlings tumbled forward, landing in awkward positions on the sands. One cried as it landed nose-first, then rolled onto its side. It sat up, and let out a rather pitiful whine, which slightly startled Talenth. None of her birth hatchlings had been so.... helpless. A young woman started forward immediately to help the little dragon right itself, and it was instantly apparent to the Weyrfolk that a match had been made.

Meanwhile, the second hatchling righted itself quite quickly, and began its inspection of the remaining candidates, delicately brushing away flecks of sand as it did. It took longer than her sister, but the golden baby soon made her choice. Applause and cheers shook the walls, along with the boom of dragon roars.

The two Dragon-Queens-to-be grew quickly, and their personalities quickly made themselves manifest. The younger of the pair, Ictiryth, made it her quest to imitate her mother as closely as possible. She exuded grace and regality, ate her meals cleanly (as much as a dragon could), and even refused to speak to anyone but her rider until after at least two hours of morning sunbathing. However, whenever Talenth wasn't looking, Ictiryth and her rider would sneak away to the seashore and frolic in the shallow pools. They didn't always realize that their antics were carefully watched by their older niece, green Gennavith, who would report back to her mother Gloameth.

Gloameth, meanwhile, took a great interest in her new sisters, but especially little Helidoryth. The little gold had so many questions, that eventually only her rider and Gloameth had the patience to answer them all. Everything from "Why is the sky blue?" to "Why are runnerbeasts scared of dragons?" to "Why do humans have two arms and two legs, instead of four legs or four arms?" Gloameth found such curiosity intriguing. Often the two dragons and their riders would spend hours on the Weyr rim, humans surveying the land or napping while dragons asked and answered questions. Eventually Helidoryth's questions took on more depth, but they never slowed. She would ask anyone who would listen, which actually startled some of the Weyrfolk, since most Queens would only talk to their own riders. She also began to pass on what she learned to the young werylings, dragon and human, encouraged by Gloameth.

Soon, a bit of consternation began to invade the Weyr. Both young Queens were growing fast, and would soon be of mating age. The Weyrfolk worried that both dragons would fly at the same time. That could lead to a fight, and that could lead to disaster. Even Talenth began to feel unsettled. Gloameth assured her mother that the two dragons were level-headed enough not to cause a fuss, but her and her clan were the only ones who didn't appear concerned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both golds have grown up, but neither seemed interested in their mates this week. So I'll see what I can find that might interest them next week. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

I'm interested in this lineage and I've read though several pages. I understand the mating pattern, but I'm honestly a bit confused on what to do to join/start...

I'm interested in this lineage and I've read though several pages. I understand the mating pattern, but I'm honestly a bit confused on what to do to join/start...

Hey there Ivory! /waves

If you'd like to join, just ask any of our lovely Weyrleaders to breed you an egg - you can ask for an egg directly from a queen, or just an egg bred from one of their Weyrs wings.

The front page isn't fully updated - I was gonna do it the other day but I've been swamped with work. -__- It just doesn't let up. I barely have 5 minutes at a time to get on the internet. xd.png So just ask for an egg from your favorite Weyr or whatever and follow the breeding/naming rules and you're good to go. happy.gif

The front page isn't fully updated - I was gonna do it the other day but I've been swamped with work. -__- It just doesn't let up. I barely have 5 minutes at a time to get on the internet. xd.png  So just ask for an egg from your favorite Weyr or whatever and follow the breeding/naming rules and you're good to go. happy.gif

I'd prefer Igen, but it looks as if there isn't a breeding pair there yet...

So, I think

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Xanadu

Pair:

Intend to freeze: No

Edited by IvoryDragon432

Bumping past the locked threads and such. happy.gif

I'd prefer Igen, but it looks as if there isn't a breeding pair there yet...

So, I think

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Xanadu

Pair:

Intend to freeze: No

I didn't get an egg from my queen and her bronze of choice. Are you interested in an egg from one of my bronzes?

Edit: my newest green is just all around thwarting me. He defied influence (I try to stick with canon colors/genders), I made a typo in his name, AND I forgot my scroll surname. GAH!

Edited by airaani

I didn't get an egg from my queen and her bronze of choice. Are you interested in an egg from one of my bronzes?

Edit: my newest green is just all around thwarting me. He defied influence (I try to stick with canon colors/genders), I made a typo in his name, AND I forgot my scroll surname. GAH!

A bronze would be fine. smile.gif

I'm planning on catching a full load of eggs for Pink for one of her Projects on the 4th, so I won't be able to take it.

Also, updating that i haven't had any luck recently with my queens D: Hoping next week will be good. happy.gif