mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys - bumping past a lot of closed thread from like...page 5.

Sorry I haven't been very active in here. Things have been a little nuts, and yesterday I was at the mall from noon till 9pm with mom having a shopping spree that was long overdue. I no longer have to wear the same pair of jeans all the time - I have new clothes that fit now yaaaaay. lol

Anyway, I shall be breeding later. I know Zyphyr asked for Zireth to be paired to a hellfire if possible - I have a few CB hellfires, unnamed yet, but they will be. Let me know if you're open for a possible egg.

Faranth is currently napping, but she just told me she should be ready for a mating flight later tonight. I wonder who the lucky catch will be?

And congrats on all the new eggs everyone biggrin.gif Glad to know our ranks are expanding!

The dragons of the weyr all raised then heads as a beautiful wild white began her flight. It was not the same white as Sondeth has flown, but looked exactly the same. All the bronzes took to the air, desperate to have her. The son of Sondeth, Mitzvoth, was strong, fast and full of youthful energy. He was quickly at the front of the flight, just feet from the beautiful white.

She teased them, zigging and zagging between them, to fast for them to catch. Then, as she flew above another egar bronze, Mitzvoth saw his chance and caught her, plummeting to the ground in their dangerous embrace. They broke just feet from the ground.

The wild white did not go to the sands though. She headed for the mountains where she had came from, and Mitzvoth followed her. When she laid her egg in the sands of the mountains and refused to bring it back to the weyr, Mitzvoth felt hurt. She had laid a Bronze egg, a Son. In the middle of the night, he stole the egg and returned it to the weyr's sands.

There is now a very pretty Sunsong Bronze warming in the sands, and we have sent out the green Drahabanth to search for a holdbred candidate to stand for him.

((AKA: This eggs up for grabs!))

Once this Monaco Bay Bronze gets a New home (Both the father and Grandfather are part of my Monaco Bay Wing), I can take an egg from you Mishii!

Over the past week Fort Weyr has been abuzz with news. Not long ago the Senior Queen disappeared, leaving the Riders more than a little bit nervous and worried. However, a little over a week ago they awoke to a shocking surprise. A strange new Gold egg had appeared on Fort Sands! The egg wasn't the usual Gold. In fact, it appeared almost bronze, but it glistened with the sheen of a Gold. The Riders searched the Weyrs, but none of the dragons claimed it as theirs.

Now curious, the Weyr came together to keep the egg warm, and three days later were rewarded with a resounding CRAAACKK!! A little hatchling tumbled to the sands, and made a beeline for a surprised Weyrwoman. Fairly sure now that the little dragon was a female, the older dragons once more pitched in to raise the young one. Now named Talenth, she grew quickly. Her hide took on a distinct, but still different, Gold hue that shone like the setting sun. Soon the resident bronzes began eying their charge in a new way. Word of the strange Sun-Gold spread, and some of the unattached bronzes from other Weyrs began dropping in as well.

Talenth's flight shocked everyone with it's timing, happening in the middle of the night. Most of the bronzes and browns were taken by surprise, but a visiting Bronze was ready and waiting. While she reveled in her freedom and power, he shadowed her closely, his dark hide hidden by the darkness. She never saw him coming.

Fort Weyr woke the next morning to find a smug Bronze, a preening Sun-Gold, and another strange Sun-Gold egg warming on the sands. The Riders still aren't sure about where she came from, but Talenth proved by her flight that she could be every bit of a Queen as a Gold. Should Fort's true Queen, or another true Gold come, they would be welcomed back with open arms. In the meantime, Fort could be content that they at least now had a competent leader in Talenth and her new mate, Elementh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the story, I felt creative, lol. Translation: My Sunsong grew up, and has been named Talenth of Pern. She and Elementh had a sunsong egg, which I'm going to keep. The next egg will be up for grabs to the listers.

For the moment, Elementh will be her mate, but I might mix it up to see what lineage looks good together. In the meantime, if anyone wants a specific breed for the mate, let me know.

I didn't feel like "story-fiying" this, but the BBW from Ceriseth turned out male. I didn't have time to influence it. I've named him Pernish, but I probably won't use him for anything since I'm trying to stay cannon.

That's all my news! happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Another female blue has hatched and grown up under my wing, again from Koruath and Duchess of Seers Green.

We now have Kurseth Green of Pern. Niether she or her older sister, Serenath Green of Pern, have flown yet. They're still looking for prospective mates.

Faranth failed to produce an egg this flight. But she told me to tell you she had a grand ol' time during the flight. Silly lady! zephyr let me know when your weyr has space for another possible egg! happy.gif

And the little Sunsong egg has hatched! Hopefully it'll be a "she", and we can start passing eggs out. happy.gif

Still no eggs from Ista's queen Milzith. Seems as if something's wrong with her. :/

There is now a very pretty Sunsong Bronze warming in the sands, and we have sent out the green Drahabanth to search for a holdbred candidate to stand for him.

((AKA: This eggs up for grabs!))

Once this Monaco Bay Bronze gets a New home (Both the father and Grandfather are part of my Monaco Bay Wing), I can take an egg from you Mishii!

Still up for grabs Claimed

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

Oddly gendered male greenspring seasonal Toranth of Telgar caught a lovely green lush female Solreth of Telgar to produce a lush green egg. That caused some strife as Solreths previous mate Solrath chased after him in a rage and Roselewth had to intervene with the green male before anyone got hurt.

Our final egg up for adoption comes from thunder blue male Aussieth of Telgar and Senior Junior Queen sunsong gold Shadith of Telgar, daughter of Roselewth herself.

Roselewth herself was the first to fly for a mate, and was caught by her usual mate Igoroth. Sadly no eggs were created there.

Hope you enjoyed the news guys

All eggs are up for adoption

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

No egg from Xanadu's queen this week. I've decided to breed my other pairs only by request, since I wasn't able to find anyone to adopt the eggs last week. If you want an egg from Xanadu's wingleader or any of the other pairs, just let me know.

My fire lizard pair refused so I'm on the lookout for another cb male night glory bronze if anyone has one spare smile.gif

Hi Dragonbreeders of Pern-

Jalith has hit a serious dry spell, and has produced no eggs for 5 straight weeks, in spite of having allowed 4 different males to fly her (Zorith is downright disgusted right now... wonder if he'll ever be willing to look at his former mate again?). No outright refusals (at least not yet), but no egg produced, either.

Since this has never happened before, even once, I'm wondering what's going on with the breeding percentages? Anyone know if it has just begun to be much less likely for metallics to reproduce, or is Jalith just silly?

Anyway, it's been a bit subdued in Monaco Bay lately... looks like the new Sun Queens will have to provide the dragons to fill out the wings.

Jalith is due to breed again in a day or so. Think good thoughts... maybe she's just building up for a gold? Guess I can hope...

Cheers,

eldrec

Continued from last week's installment.....

Talenth and Elementh have spent some time doing some serious grooming over their resounding success of a first mating flight. Elementh has discovered that his new mate is rather.... Well, the Riders have decided to be polite agree to call her "royal-minded". Elementh isn't quite sure how the next flight will fair, because although he has every intention of trying for her once more, a number of wild bronzes have been hanging around the Weyr, eying the young Queen with intent. And, being the dragon she is, Talenth has clearly decided to play hard to get. Elementh knows her next flight is getting near, and is preparing himself to be ready.

In the meantime, Mother, Father and Riders have delighted in caring for their new Sun-Gold daughter. The little hatchling, named Gloameth seems to be the exact opposite of her mother. She isn't shy (why should a giant dragon be shy, after all?). But she definitely keeps to herself. She's begun glowing recently, like the evening sun on it journey down the horizon, but with her mother's soon-to-come flight, she's been trying to keep it under wraps.

For that reason, the Riders were deeply concerned when they awoke one day to find their beautiful Gloameth gone from her Weyr! They searched high and low and all around Fort, looking for their lovely Sun-Gold, without finding her. They never thought to look in the one place she was: The Hatching Grounds! Somehow Gloameth had managed to have her mating flight without any of her family or the bronzes and browns noticing! They were even more shocked to find a wild green by her side in the Sands! None of the Riders had ever heard of a green male dragon. And while the humans and dragons were a tad disturbed at the incident, the strange green dragon was so huge, no one dared try to chase him away, or to inspect the oddly colored green egg the pair now guarded. Talenth and Elementh have attempted to get an explanation from their daughter, but the lithe Sun-Gold will only give them a sly, draconic grin, and say, "Stranger things have happened. Or so I've heard." And then, when asked by her giant green mate why everyone give them such odd looks, she will give him the same grin, and say, "Families can be quite strange at times. Or so I've heard."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: So I decided to go ahead and breed Gloameth now. I forgot about my "stick with the canon" rule, and bred her with a Terrae. The lineage looked so nice together, I decided to see if anyone wanted the Terrae egg?

I'll breed Talenth either tomorrow or Friday. Any egg from her will be up for grabs as well.

I won't be able to do any transfefring until either Friday evening, or Saturday afternoon, Pacific time. If you need to reach me to reserve an egg, or for anything else, PM will be easiest.

Thanks! happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

And I'm bumping again, lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True to her nature, Talenth decided to do the complete opposite of what everyone expected, and rose for a daylight flight. Elementh, being a creature of the night, wasn't quite ready for her, and lost out. Instead, a wild blue, who'd been frolicking in the skies above Fort, dropped in just in time to get in front of the high-flying Queen. Caught by complete surprise, Talenth found herself completely entangled with him. Riders were overjoyed to find Talenth nursing a pretty blue egg on the Sands later that day. They've been trying to entice the blue to join them, but he seems quite content to pop in once in a while and say "Hello", then whirl up and away again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so now we have 2 eggs up for grabs:

- Gen 2 Skywing

- Gen 3 Terrae

PM me if you'd like them. I'll be available this weekend for transfers. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Just wanted to say that I've successfully received a little bronze/hellfire from Dreamer - Golden Ramoth and Brz Mnementh are the proud parents. happy.gif It's a hatchling now, but should be maturing to a grown dragon of the Wing, eager to fight thread, in a few days. The Weyr is happy!

- Gen 2 Skywing

- Gen 3 Terrae

PM me if you'd like them. I'll be available this weekend for transfers. happy.gif

Both eggs are still available. I'm going to go ahead and influence the green to be Female, and it will be a hatchie shortly. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'll also influence the skywing male.

Hi, folks! Have been doing other stuff for a while and am thoroughly locked, but Kaiidth and Hammanath's blue baby grew up into a fine skywing blue male; his name is Irrejeth of Pern. He's joined Rizath, Naganth, and Oath in what is apparently Benden's bachelor wing, since I'm only going to breed them on request none of the boys seems inclined to look for a steady mate.

In Monaco Bay news, bronze Khanth of Pern caught blue Odith of Monaco Bay and there's a new skywing blue egg on our sands. If anyone wants this third-gen Monaco Bay egg, PM me!

Mishii, Wrath of Pern (also son of Golden Ramoth and Brz Mnementh) is happy to hear that he has a sibling on your scroll! cool.gif

There is Good news and Bad news in Honshu Weyr...

Bad News: Honshu's Queen, Kultath, was flown successfully by her mate Bronze Satanath but no egg was produced sad.gif Fertillity is still low with Kultath and her permanent mate Satanath.

Good News: Jr. Queen, Trith of Pern, just flew high and proud and was caught by Bronze (Sunsong) Amphith and produced a beautiful Bronze/Gold(Sunsong) egg. smile.gif This egg is a direct descendant of Honshu's Queen Kultath, so if it genders female, naturally, it will be considered a Gold and a Jr. Queen for Honshu or a Sr. Queen for a weyr that doesn't have a queen yet. Here is the little beauty:

New Honshu Egg

Have PMed the next person on the Honshu list, but will also consider transferring it to a weyr that is in need of a queen.

There is Good news and Bad news in Honshu Weyr...

Bad News:  Honshu's Queen, Kultath, was flown successfully by her mate Bronze Satanath but no egg was produced sad.gif  Fertillity is still low with Kultath and her permanent mate Satanath.

Good News:  Jr. Queen, Trith of Pern, just flew high and proud and was caught by Bronze (Sunsong) Amphith and produced a beautiful Bronze/Gold(Sunsong) egg. smile.gif  This egg is a direct descendant of Honshu's Queen Kultath, so if it genders female, naturally, it will be considered a Gold and a Jr. Queen for Honshu or a Sr. Queen for a weyr that doesn't have a queen yet.  Here is the little beauty:

New Honshu Egg

Have PMed the next person on the Honshu list, but will also consider transferring it to a weyr that is in need of a queen.

Still have this "possible" Gold Queen egg... if no one wants it, I will keep it as my 2nd Jr. Queen if it genders female or the Wing Leader of my 3rd Wing... PM me if you are interested in it smile.gif transferred to infiniteviking for new Honshu wing smile.gif maybe a Jr. Queen??

Edited by Ldyfsh

Faranth and her recent mate failed to produce any eggs. Poor Faranth is currently sulking in her Weyr, and is a bit off-color. She's told me that she isn't even hoping to produce any new queens, she'd be happy to just produce children!

In other news, Jr. Queen Zireth has had a bit of an affair with a wild bronze-hellfire, and produced a possible future queen or wingleader! Here's the little egg, warming on the sands. Zephyr, I believe you asked for an egg from Zireth, so you got first dibs.

Also, the baby from Golden Ramoth and her mate Brz Mnementh has grown up into a fine Bronze, who will be ready to mate soon. He's settling in nicely with the rest of the Weyr. happy.gif

- Gen 2 Skywing

- Gen 3 Terrae

All right, both are now hatchies. The Terrae/green has gendered female, and will be grown in half a day. The Skywing/blue hatched before I could influence it, so I have no idea what it will be. It'll grow in 1 1/2 days. Both are still available. happy.gif

EDIT: Naturally the blue decided to be contrary, and gendered female. *eye roll*. Anyone want a misgendered Skywing?

Edited by Gyps13

Ldyfsh > infiniteviking: sunsong egg transferred successfully! Thanks again; it'll be the start of my Honshu wing!

Gyps, I PMd you about your skywing hatchling.

Also, I still have my Benden skywing egg -- it could hatch at any time now -- but may have to AP it today. PM me if you want it. ^^ Hatched and gone to some lucky person.

Edited by infiniteviking

Got your PM, and it's yours once we can figure out trade timing. smile.gif

The green grew up, and is awaiting a name while prepping for her first flight. happy.gif

Got your PM, and it's yours once we can figure out trade timing. smile.gif

The green grew up, and is awaiting a name while prepping for her first flight. happy.gif

Unfortunately, the skywing also grew up before I could get it to infinite. So now I have 4 Fort dragons I can breed for people, although the skywing is wrong gendered. Even so, she's been named Zhulemith. The green has been named Gennavith, and just gave another green egg, Gen 4. I'll storify things tomorrow, if I get a chance. happy.gif

Also, both Talenth and Gloameth will be ready to breed tomorrow, as soon as I un-egg-lock. Unless someone speaks up, I'll probably mate-hop again, and see what else I can get. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13