mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gonna bump again, so hopefully mishii will see. I'm guessing Life decided to devour her again, lol. But just in case. happy.gif

I've got a hatchie that might be a new bronze, but just waiting on the final word before storifying things.

Also, do any members want any breedings between now and Halloween? I'm switching to "Breed-by-Request" until afterward, just in case I decide I want whatever dragon is released. So anyone wants any Fort, Monaco Bay or Xanadu dragons before them, shoot me a PM. happy.gif

lol gyps. Thanks biggrin.gif

Yeah, life has kind of attacked. Midterm exams and speeches and stuff in college. Haven't had a lot of time here except for a few moments here and there.

Anyway.

EMBERS: totally Bronzes. They're awesome.

HARVESTS: ...Not sure. They're a nice alternative to golds, but we DO have the sunsongs. I don't know if they're quite bronze enough though. Opinions?

I'll update again soonish. I'm on Breed-by-Request for a bit for Halloween. tongue.gif

I'll go with everyone else and say probably not for the Harvests. They're the perfect color, but their description is very "un-queenish".

And since the Embers are accepted, I have a little hatchie that might work. I didn't get a chance to Influence it, so I'm not sure what it will be. But it does make for a pretty line. happy.gif

I agree with "not the harvests". Would happily use them to start a watchwher line, though.

And yay for the Embers being included!

I agree that Harvests are watchwhers, along with Reds (someone posted a story involving a Red as a wher).

Elleth rose at Xanadu weyr today, and was caught by a new bronze named Jenoth. Unfortunately, they're mating didn't produce an egg. Only time will tell if she will let him catch her again.

We have a new bronze, Misoeth of Telgar who came in out of no where, seeming to find a rider when he was previously thought to be a wild dragon.

He'll be hoping to catch Roselewth sometime soon, but due to a wherwatcher female snagging him for god knows what reason has to wait a few days before he can try for Roselewth.

I think I'm going to go with the Harvests being Watch-whers and have one designated to watch over each of my wings. For those who are not sure how these noble night watchers are named, they have an "sk" at the end of their name instead of the usual "th" that the dragons use. Also they tend to use the first couple of letters in the name of their handler, hold, wing etc. for the beginning of their name... Example: Kindan was handler for his hold's WW and it's name was Kisk, but when Kindan went away and Nuella became the handler the WW changed it's name (they choose their own names and change them as the status changes) to Nuellsk. Just a little background smile.gif

Well, since the Embers are official, and my little hatchie gendered male, let's have a story break, shall we? smile.gif Apologies for incoming looooooooonnnnnggg post, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since the arrival of the new Queens, Fort Weyr had become a hive of joyful activity, urged on by the music of the Harpers now frequenting the Weyr. The Holders of Fort, Ruatha, Fort Sea and Southern Boll visit regularly, both to socialize and to admire the growing wings. However, there was still a steady undercurrent of unease, especially on the part of the Weyrleaders and their dragons. The young queens had long been considered fully grown, yet neither of them had shown any inclination to rise. The wait and aniticipation was beginning to unnerve the general populace. At one point, Helidoryth asked her older sister, Gloameth, why everyone seemed so edgy. Overhearing the question, Blue Zhulemeth snorted.

"They're waiting for you to rise and mate, of course. It is a Queen's duty, to be sure the Weyr has enough force for when Thread returns. And you are taking far too long about choosing."

"We are not taking too long," Ictiryth spoke up, attempting to imitate her mother's royal air. "The humans are simply being too impatient. We will rise when we are ready."

Practical as always, Gloameth interjected, "Of course you will. And both of you will make fine Queens, one day. Humans are simply strange creatures, and react strangely to things they do not understand. And very few humans truly understand Queen dragons. Or so I've heard."

"Pffah! You hear nothing of value, Gloameth." And with an annoyed snort, Zhulemith took to the air to hunt. Helidoryth sat quiet for a moment, then took to the air as well. Gloameth, used to her Blue sister's brusque nature, merely shrugged and ignored her. She nudged her younger Gold sister in reassurance, then took her leave as well.

For several days things went back to normal for the dragons, though Gloameth began to notice Helidoryth sneaking out late at night. But there was nothing round about that could hurt a Gold dragon, so the SungGold said nothing. Then one night, after returning from a successful hunt, Gloameth found Helidoryth in her usual thinking spot at the top of the Weyr walls. Her gold hide seemed to light up the night, in an unusual way, and a curious smile curled her draconic lips as she stared into the darkness. She was not ready to rise, Gloameth could sense that for a fact. But she had a feeling the time was nearing.

"Wild dragons are venturing closer," a voice nearby spoke up. Gloameth nodded.

"Yes. She is drawing them."

"I always thought Ictiryth would be first rise. She is so much like her mother."

"Perhaps, but it appears Helidoryth prefers to work in the shadows. Much like you, Father."

Elementh's draconic chuckle rumbled out of the darkness. "Indeed. This should be an interesting flight."

They didn't have long to wait. Two nights later, in the middle of the night, a high-pitched scream rocked the Weyr, startling all of it's human inhabitants from deep sleep. The dragons had known what was coming and had never gone to sleep, though their riders and most of the Weyrfolk had responded, without realizing it, to the intense drives by pairing off and retiring early. And as a blur of Gold again dropped onto the witless herdbeast, she radiated her desires outward to all lining the bowl, dragon and human alike. The humans were so surprised, as were the unmatched males dragons of all colors, that they didn't even realize that there was not a female dragon within miles. Talenth had earlier ordered them all away, without their riders, realizing that there could be trouble.

With the same speed and ferocity that Helidoryth had begun her feeding, she took to the air, and the flight began. Had the Weyrfolk had control of their senses, they would've been astonished to see that even Blues had joined the flight, Weyrbound and Wild alike, along with a spattering of Wild Greens. Naturally they were quickly left behind, as were most of the Browns. But a small group of Bronzes did their best to keep up with the Queen. She led them on a merry chase over most of the territory. Later she would feel a smattering of guilt over what her broadcasting might have done to the Holders and Crafters as the chase flew overhead. But at that time she had a single line of reasoning going through her head: It was a Queen's duty to be sure the Weyr had strong dragons to fly come Threadfall. And since the best way to birth strong dragons was to have a strong mate, then she must find the very best. She'd spent the days building her strength and speed, and her endurance, as she flrew across the territory. She'd spent the nights searching the same area, drawing the finest Bronzes to her, challenging them to test themselves. And now, she was intent on finding the best of those that dared take up the challenge. And if none could keep up with her, she would return home unfullfilled, rather than settle for second best.

Toward the time when the horizon began to grey, heralding the coming morning, Helidoryth deigned to see if anyone had kept pace. She searched the skies behind her, but saw nothing. No more large shapes followed her, all of the Bronzes having seemingly been left behind. She frowned, slightly confused. This was her first flight, and she was young. She wasn't tired yet. Surely at least one Bronze would have been able to be her match. She'd actually expected to have to pick between three or more. To have none to choose from, no outlet for her still-peaking desires, disheartened her. Now what was she to do? She would eventually have to return to the Weyr, most likely to a scolding from her mother and Zhulemeth. Perhaps she'd pushed to hard? Put to much thought into it? Maybe she shouldn't have flown so fast?

She bugled, giving vent to her frustration, and turned to head back.

"Giving up so soon?"

"Wha?!" Helidoryth twisted in surprise as a shadowy shape dropped down on her from above. She tilted, barely avoiding avoiding a collision. A draconic chuckle invaded her mind.

"I was just beginning to enjoy myself." The shadow settled into an easy gait, matching the Gold's speed, but keeping it's distance. In the growing like, Helidoryth could see the dark bronze hide of a Wild male, with undercurrents of firey orange. It reminded her of the blacksmiths her rider had shown her, when she was just a hatchling. He kept speed with her, not giving any sign of tiring. "Surely the fun is not over yet," he taunted. She eyed him with a mixture of surprise and curiosity, then pleasure.

"Of course not," she replied in the same tone. "It is just beginning."

-----

The Weyr, and most of the Holds as well, were rather slow to wake that morning. In fact, most didn't even stir until close to Noontime, a fact that amused most of the dragons. Gloameth snorted at a somewhat subdued Zhulemith.

"I told you she would rise when she was ready."

"Perhaps. But there was no need to make such a spectacle of herself." Zhulemith replied, eyeing the Weyr rim. The pair hadn't returned from their flight yet, though she could tell that they had finished. She wouldn't admit to being well beyond surprised by her Gold sister's actions. It had been completely out of character. It would be interesting to see what results such a spectacular flight would yield.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, the story got kind of long, so I'll just end it here and pick up later. In the meantime, the little hatchie has gendered male. I'm debating whether to keep it or pass it on. lol

Edited by Gyps13

Gyps that was lovely! I love all the stories you guys post...I should make more effort with mine tongue.gif

Aww, thanks. happy.gif I love to write.

Well, the little one grew up, and has been named Coalwrath of Pern. I'm all locked up atm, so we'll have to wait for a breeding.

I am happy to report that all my different Wings have a full complement of dragon colors (other than gold) now!

My goal was to provide a mate of each canon color for each lineaged Pern dragon; these mates and their offspring would constitute the dragon's Wing in its lineage weyr, led by whichever of them was the bronze one. Since I could only test each dragon's compatibility by trying for an egg, I eventually stopped finding mates for the next generation (resulting in "bachelor wings" for some of the weyrs). Here's what developed:

Benden, Wrath's wing, Part I

Kaiidth of Pern, Benden lineage, blue (deep-sea) female

Wrath of Pern, CB bronze (Hfire), Wingleader

Logath of Pern, CB brown (whiptail), Wingsecond

Gorath of Pern, CB green (pebble)

Hammanath of Pern, CB blue (skywing)

Benden, Wrath's wing, Part II

Jesseth of Pern, Benden lineage, blue (deep-sea) male

Ksajith of Benden Weyr, CB bronze-equivalent "blue" (female Hfire), Wingsecond

Wisth of Benden Weyr, CB brown (whiptail)

Dorceth of Benden Weyr, CB green (bright-breasted wyvern)

Tobeth of Benden Weyr, CB blue (coastal waverunner)

Benden bachelor wing

..Rizoth of Pern, Benden-lineage brown (whiptail) female

..Naganth of Pern, Benden-lineage bronze (Hfire) male

..Oath of Pern, Benden-lineage blue (deep-sea) male

..Irrejeth of Pern, Benden-lineage blue (skywing) male

Monaco Bay, Khanth's wing

Khanth of Pern, Monaco Bay-lineage bronze (Hfire) male, Wingleader

Triptyth of Monaco Bay, CB bronze (sunsong amphiptere), Wingsecond

Hath of Monaco Bay, CB brown (spitfire)

Ioreth of Monaco Bay, CB green (bright-breasted wyvern)

Odith of Monaco Bay, CB blue (skywing)

Monaco Bay bachelor wing

..Selinth of Pern, Monaco Bay-lineage bronze (sunsong amphiptere) male, Wingsecond

..Loth of Pern, Monaco Bay-lineage brown (spitfire) male

Xanadu, Vorrith's Wing

Elemental Vorrith of Pern, Xanadu-lineage bronze (Hfire) male, Wingleader

Suseth of Xanadu Weyr, CB bronze-equivalent "blue" (Hfire female), Wingsecond

Aedeth of Xanadu Weyr, CB brown (autumn seasonal), Wingsecond

Duluth of Xanadu Weyr, CB green (neotropical)

Coyoth of Xanadu Weyr, CB blue (blue ridgeback)

(+new neotropical egg out of Vorrith and Duluth!)

Telgar, Paxeth's Wing

Jadeth of Pern, Telgar-lineage brown (whiptail) male, Wingsecond

Paxeth of Telgar, CB bronze-equivalent "blue" (Hfire female), Wingleader

Strewth of Telgar, CB brown (autumn seasonal), Wingsecond

Gwynneth of Telgar, CB green (pebble)

Maieth of Telgar, CB blue (guardian)

Telgar bachelor wing

..Steth of Pern, Telgar-lineage brown (whiptail) male

(+new autumn seasonal egg out of Jadeth and Strewth!)

Honshu, Rakafth's Wing

Nereveth of Pern, Honshu-lineage "gold" (sunsong amphiptere) female, Queen

Honshu's Rakafth, CB bronze (Hfire), Wingleader

Honshu's Megalith, CB brown (spitfire), Wingsecond

Honshu's Oberanth, CB green (neotropical)

Honshu's Edoreth, CB blue (daydream)

Honshu bachelor wing

..Honshu's Nanoth, Honshu-lineage green (neotropical) female

..As you can see, I misnamed Nanoth; she should have been named Nanoth of Pern. sad.gif Oops! And all the bronze slots were full by the time the Embers came out. But I still don't have wings from Fort, High Reaches, Ista, Igen, or Southern, so the Embers will get their chances soon!~

Telgar's Strewth and Xanadu's Duluth are new; they just rose today for the first time and both flights were successful (resulting in a Telgar autumn seasonal egg and a Xanadu neotropical egg), so hurrah! but probably everyone's locked and/or getting ready for the Halloween dragons (just as I am), so they'll probably stay on my scroll, unless pumpkin-breeding comes along early. smile.gif

Edited by infiniteviking

Nice to see Jadeth has a few more Telgar freinds, inviniteviking. He has a few siblings on the way now too

Maybe I ought to go through mine but right now I can't be bothered...

Bumping with news. Coalwrath grew up (as reported) and Helidoryth flew again, giving us another Ember egg. For story purposes I'll probably write it as if the two were from the same clutch, or something. If anyone wants the new egg let me know. happy.gif

Scratch that, the egg was dropped during the Pumpkin craze. Sorry all. sad.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Don't want this getting lost as well. happy.gif

Thanks for the bump, Gyps!

Unfortunately I had to drop my bred neotropical and autumn eggs too. But their parents seem to like each other, so once my scroll's a bit clearer they'd be happy to make more whenever needed!

Same here. Both Ictoryth and Helidoryth will be ready to breed by the time my eggs hatch, and Talenth and her crew haven't had any fun in ages. Plus I've gotta update my stories. lol happy.gif

Maybe I'll do that in the meantime. If I can find some energy..... *falls asleep typing* tongue.gif

Hi Dragonbreeders of Pern-

My flighty Queen (pun intended) has finally allowed another male to fly her after spurning Zorith so many months ago. Remboth of Pern, one of the newer desert-brown males, caught her in the earliest light of dawn this morning. Methinks the pair planned it to avoid being sniped by her jealous former mate!

There is a new 2nd gen eggie warming on the volcanic sands of Monaco Bay's hatching grounds: desert stripe egg

If anyone is interested in him (I've already influenced it male), PM me. I've found a newer, easy way to transfer eggs to other peoples' scrolls that we can use with much more success than I've had in the past.

Cheers,

eldrec

biggrin.gif

Hi, Eldrec!

I'd be interested in your spitfire, but am epically locked until tomorrow at the earliest. Will PM you then if it looks like your egg is still available.

Hi infiniteviking-

Good luck with your new little brown. I love the name you've given him. Suth!

Have a good one,

eldrec

Hi there ^^

I've been following your lineage for awhile and see you guys rp and so I was wondering.

I don't know if any of you lineage followers would be interested or not but I am part of the admin team of a really active cannon weyr. :3

The community here is awesome and we just had a plot run though and we need candidates and such for an upcoming clutch. The clutch will also have a gold egg in it.

Not sure if any of you where interested in maybe checking it out?

If you are here is the link ^^

http://omgaweyr.proboards.com/index.cgi

If not that's okay to just thought I would offer ^^

Have a nice day!

~Rei

(I had permission from the OP mishii to post here) Hope you'll at least come take a look ^^ <3

Hi again Reidragon. happy.gif Unfortunately I won't have enough time to participate, so I'll have to pass. But hopefully others might be able to. However, I do enjoy writing up these little bits, so I'll keep doing so here, when I have time.

Speaking of which, I'm in between breeding projects and such, so I'll be breeding some of my dragons shortly. In preparation, and also in continuance of the last "chapter" I wrote, I'll be editing in another in a bit. smile.gif

In the meantime, here's my current list of dragons, their Weyrs, and positions. Since Elementh has officially been assigned to Fort, all of his sons/daughters from previous breedings will be going with him. I'll figure out how to put them in Wings later.

Fort, Main Weyr and Wings

Senior Queens

-- Talenth (Sunsong/CB)

-- Helidoryth (Gold/Gen 5)

Junior Queens

-- Gloameth (Sunsong/Gen 2) x (Permanent Wild Green Mate (Terrae/CB)

-- Ictiryth (Gold/Gen 6)

Bronzes

-- Elementh (HFire/CB)

-- Ellryth (HFire/Gen 2)

-- Uacculeth (HFire/Gen 2)

-- Valzath (HFire/Gen 2)

-- Coalwrath (Ember/Gen 6)

Browns

-- None Currently --

Blues (normally Male)

-- Zhulemith (Skywing (female)/Gen 2)

-- Rhizoloth (Skywing/Gen 3)

-- Roduketh (Skywing/Gen 3)

Greens (normally Female)

-- Gennavith (Terrae/Gen 3)

-- Ceriseth (BBW/Gen 3)

-- Jarruganoth (Terrae (male)/Gen 4)

-- Quith (BBW (male)/Gen 4)

Monaco Bay Wing

Bronzes

-- Feyveneth (Black/Gen 2)

-- Daeganth (Black/Gen 3)

Browns

-- None Currently --

Blues

-- None Currently --

Greens

-- None Currently --

Xanadu Wing

Bronzes

-- Vexallyth (HFire/Gen 4)

Browns

-- None Currently --

Blues

-- None Currently --

Greens

-- None Currently --

Unassigned Wings

Wing I

Bronzes

-- Mneth (HFire/CB)

-- Dabumeth (HFire/Gen 2)

Browns

-- None Currently --

Blues

-- Maniteth (Deep Sea/Gen 3)

Greens

-- Ixorath (Vine/Gen2)

Wing II

Bronzes

-- None Currently --

Browns

-- Quynth (Whiptail/CB)

-- Dumath (Whiptail/Gen 3)

Blues

-- None Currently --

Greens

-- None Currently --

Obviously, I need to work on coloring in some of those blank areas. I didn't realize poor Xanadu and Monaco Bay were so lonely on my scroll! blink.gif I'll have to find a way to mix those two unassigned wings into my understaffed Weyr wings. Maybe add a bit of storyfication to them as well.

mishii, do you mind if I expand my story stuff to include my other wings? I don't want to spam the threads, when this really isn't a play for RPing, unless you're okay with it. unsure.gif

Edited by Gyps13

Sorry for the double post. Just continuing the story, and re-reporting that Coalwrath grew up. I'm probably going to concentrate on Xanadu and Monaco for a bit, but he is available for breeding if anyone wants. happy.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helidoryth didn't return to her home until the night after her flight. She had tried, unsuccessfully, to talk her partner into returning with her. He preferred to remain unattached to any Weyr. She was a little disappointed, but didn't fret too badly. Her sisters were waiting for her when she finally entered the Hatching Grounds, with expressions ranging from surprise and admiration to indifference (the latter mainly from Zhulemith). When a lovely bronze egg lay warming in the sands, Talenth bugled happily.

"Of course, it isn't as good as a gold," she began in a typically-Talenth style, "but it should make a fine, strong Wingleader." In a complete difference of attitude from her flight, Helidoryth lowered her head in embarrassment.

"I hope he will be as well."

Later on, as a new Search went out to find suitable candidates, the effects of the wild flight were discovered to be very far reaching. The Healers wouldn't be surprised to find a small baby boom in the making later among the holders. Gloameth relayed the information from her rider to her Golden sister, who in turn lowered her head even further in a draconic blush.

"Oh dear. I hope the Holders are not angry with me...."

"I do not think so. After all, you are young, and it was a good flight. Next time you will be more careful," Gloameth assured her confidently.

Eventually the little egg began to show signs of hatching, and the candidates were quickly gathered. Amidst the vibrant humming of the Weyr dragons, the little hatchling tumbled into the world, and made his choice of a rider. The pair grew quickly, and soon were training with Elementh and his bronze sons, Uaccaleth, Valzath and Ellryth. Coalwrath, as the young bronze was named, proved to be a very adept flyer, strong and fast, though his aim seemed a bit off when it came to fire-breathing. Both he and his rider soon figured out that, if they aimed to the right of what they wished to hit, they could make a bull's-eye. All too soon, his eye began to rove among the greens, and his family guessed that soon he too would be joining the ranks of mature dragons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: And, I just realized both Helidoryth and Ictiryth were ready again, I couldn't resist breeding them. And guess what? Two more Ember eggs. tongue.gif I'll continue with the story later, but in the meantime I now have 2 eggs available to other members:

Ember 1, from Helidoryth

Ember 2, from Ictiryth

Edited by Gyps13

Hi, Reidragon! Unfortunately I don't have time either, but I hope some people are interested! cool.gif

Gyps, you always have such amazing stories. biggrin.gif

Today's report is that Monaco Bay's spitfire brown Suth (glad you like the name, Eldrec! biggrin.gif ) has grown up, and become Wingsecond of a new wing of Monaco Bay dragons. He was lucky enough to catch his Wingleader, ember bronze Vanteth, on her first flight, and now there's a new brown egg on our sands!

Unfortunately I accidentally named the CB mother 'Vanteth of Pern' instead of 'Vanteth of Monaco Bay', but it looks like we'll be able to fix those things eventually!! So I'll leave it. I'm really excited about a lot of the stuff on that list, actually!

Edited by infiniteviking