mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry infiniteviking. sad.gif Any other time my dragons have been waiting to grow up at 3d 18h, or thereabouts. But this little stinker grew right at 4 days. She's been contrary all around. dry.gif I'm going to work that into the story, I think.....

Hi DragonBreeders of Pern!

Good news from Monaco Bay... Jalith was flown by one of the new browns (his name is Remboth), and they produced a nice little brown Jalith's new little brown egg, warming on the sands. I may try to keep him (I can't influence him for another couple of days, but since he is a brown, will definitely want him male), but if anyone would like him, let me know. I can go either way with this one.

Other than that, my internet access is a bit spotty now, so I'll keep this brief.

Have a good evening all,

eldrec

Edited by eldrec

Hi DragonBreeders of Pern!

Good news from Monaco Bay... Jalith was flown by one of the new browns (his name is Remboth), and they produced a nice little brown Jalith's new little brown egg, warming on the sands. I may try to keep him (I can't influence him for another couple of days, but since he is a brown, will definitely want him male), but if anyone would like him, let me know. I can go either way with this one.

Other than that, my internet access is a bit spotty now, so I'll keep this brief.

Have a good evening all,

eldrec

Darn!!!! I'd love to take the little guy, but I'm hatchie locked for the next 36 hrs.... if you don't find a home for him by then; I'll give him a good home smile.gif Let me know smile.gif

Wyveroth flew Elleth today, but their union was not fruitful. Her eye is beginning to wander and it seems likely that if not the next flight, the flight after that certainly will see a change of mate.

Bumping past locked threads. happy.gif

Bumping past locked threads. happy.gif

Thank you!

I have this 2nd gen Sunsong growing on my scroll still - if anyone is interested in it, let me know. happy.gif Otherwise it might become the new junior queen of the Weyr.

Safely transfered to ldyfsh!

Edited by mishii

Thank you!

I have this 2nd gen Sunsong growing on my scroll still - if anyone is interested in it, let me know. happy.gif Otherwise it might become the new junior queen of the Weyr.

Mishii, I'll take the little darling if no one has claimed it yet smile.gif

Mishii, I'll take the little darling if no one has claimed it yet smile.gif

I don't think so, haven't seen anyone pipe up for it yet. If you can take it now, I'll pop into IRC. ^^

Darn!!!! I'd love to take the little guy, but I'm hatchie locked for the next 36 hrs.... if you don't find a home for him by then; I'll give him a good home smile.gif Let me know smile.gif

Ldyfish, are you still interested in that little brown baby, or do you no longer have the room on your scroll? I'm good either way, but if you'd like him, let me know. I'll coordinate the transfer with you via IRC.

eldrec

Fort Weyr has been very busy over the last week! Three separate mating flights have resulted in three new eggs!

Gloameth's green daughter, Gennavith, rose first, resulting in a lovely little green egg. Eventually the egg hatched, spilling a cute hatchling onto the warm sands. Both of Gennavith's parents preened proudly, but quietly, at their daughter's success. Considering the strangeness running in that side of the family, none of the Riders are sure whether this green will be a girl (like it's supposed to be) or a boy (like it's unusual grandfather). Either way, the baby is happy, healthy and curious, like a dragon should be.

Fortunately Gennavith inherited her mother's practicality, and her father's gentleness. Both qualities served the young green well as the sands suddenly became crowded.

The oddly-gendered blue Zhulemith took to the air in a showy display of aerial agility that rivaled her mother, the Queen. From the beginning Zhulemith had proven to be as contrary as her mother, starting by gendering oddly, and then growing up well before the Riders expected. So it was no surprise that she shunned all of the normal suitors to pursue her. Instead, she made a beeline for a darkly colored wild bronze, taunting him with her abilities. He matched her move for move, yet didn't immediately make any advances. As if playing a game of "I Dare You", the two dragons put on a show of dives, weaves and turns. A beautiful dance. The Riders were not surprised at all to find another blue egg on the sands later on.

Not to be outdone by her daughter, Talenth rose to mate the next night. Many tried for her, but Elementh refused to be beaten out this time. Talenth led him on a wild chase through the starry skies, but he matched her perfectly, like a golden bolt of lightening with a dark shadow. The two satisfied their hunger, and later satisfied their pride, by the production of another Sun-Gold egg.

The Riders worried a bit, having three female dragons in the Hatching Ground at the same time. And for a while, it seemed Mother and Daughter would come to blows. But being the Queen she is Talenth won out, and Zhulemith submitted, partially, by letting her mother take the warmest parts of the sands. Gennavith, wisely, had already moved by the time Zhulemith had taken to the skies in her flight. Likewise, Gloameth decided to hold off on her own flight for a short time. Instead, she quietly basked in her Daughter's success and good-temper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, translation time, lol. 2 eggs and 1 hatchie are available:

- Gen 4 Terrae hatchie (Terrae x Autumn)

- Gen 3 Skywing egg (Skywing x Black)

- Gen 2 Sunsong egg (Sunsong x HFire)

All 3 are descended directly from Talenth, and the Gen 2 sunsong can be considered a substitute/Jr Queen if it genders female. The green I wasn't able to Influence, so I have no idea if it will be male or female. However, I'm kind of liking the story line I've come up with on that side of the family. So I may keep the male green as Gloameth's permanent mate, and continue with the whole "odd-gendering" thing. Any opinions?

Also, I'm totally locked, so Gloameth's flight will have to wait until a hatchie or 2 grows up or moves out. lol

I'll be available for trading tomorrow afternoon if anyone want any. So far, all of the Fort dragons are still on my scroll, so I'll be happy to get them into other members Weyrs. smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

I have to say that I really love all these stories that people are coming up with.

Gyps, your little stories made me smile. I love them!

I'm glad people are having fun with this. happy.gif

Ldyfish, are you still interested in that little brown baby, or do you no longer have the room on your scroll? I'm good either way, but if you'd like him, let me know. I'll coordinate the transfer with you via IRC.

eldrec

Would love to take it... have room, just don't know when we can connect... Will PM you smile.gif

Faranth and her recent mate failed to produce any eggs. Poor Faranth is currently sulking in her Weyr, and is a bit off-color. She's told me that she isn't even hoping to produce any new queens, she'd be happy to just produce children!

In other news, Jr. Queen Zireth has had a bit of an affair with a wild bronze-hellfire, and produced a possible future queen or wingleader! Here's the little egg, warming on the sands. Zephyr, I believe you asked for an egg from Zireth, so you got first dibs.

Also, the baby from Golden Ramoth and her mate Brz Mnementh has grown up into a fine Bronze, who will be ready to mate soon. He's settling in nicely with the rest of the Weyr. happy.gif

IT'S A GIRL!!!! Just thought I'd let everyone know that the little darling has gendered female (naturally) so Honshu Weyr has a new Jr. Queen out of the Benden Weyr smile.gif I think she will be put in charge of the Benden wing along with her whatever mate she chooses on her next flight... will name her soon... just trying to see what appeals to me smile.gif Will keep you all updated smile.gif

IT'S A GIRL!!!! Just thought I'd let everyone know that the little darling has gendered female (naturally) so Honshu Weyr has a new Jr. Queen out of the Benden Weyr smile.gif I think she will be put in charge of the Benden wing along with her whatever mate she chooses on her next flight... will name her soon... just trying to see what appeals to me smile.gif Will keep you all updated smile.gif

That's great! Benden is so proud! Zireth gave me a smirk and said 'of course it was a queen. What did you expect?' She's off preening, and is very proud of herself.

IT'S A GIRL!!!!  Just thought I'd let everyone know that the little darling has gendered female (naturally) so Honshu Weyr has a new Jr. Queen out of the Benden Weyr smile.gif  I think she will be put in charge of the Benden wing along with her whatever mate she chooses on her next flight... will name her soon... just trying to see what appeals to me smile.gif  Will keep you all updated smile.gif

UPDATE:

May I introduce the newest Gold Queen:

Jr. Queen of Honshu Weyr (out of Benden)... Kimalanth of Pern

Hopefully she will like one of the many males Honshu has to offer and is not as picky as the other queens at Honshu wink.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

Would love to take it... have room, just don't know when we can connect... Will PM you smile.gif

Hello Dragonbreeders of Pern-

Sorry to report, but Jalith and Remboth's baby was lost tonight in an attempt to transfer to Honshu. We can hope he/she has gone to a good home, and perhaps they will become curious about his/her lineage and find us? It would be a nice way to find new members, but if not, wish Jalith and Remboth good luck in the coming weeks. They are saddened by the loss of their child!

Happy Sunday,

eldrec

Hi, all!

Quick report: the hatchling transferred here from Honshu's Trith and Amphith has turned out to be a female sunsong "queen"! Her name is Nereveth of Pern, and, not content with staying in the queen's wing, she is insisting on becoming a Wingleader of her own wing of dragons.

She also rose this morning and was caught by CB Hfire Honshu's Rakafth, leaving a Hfire bronze egg in the hatching grounds. If anyone wants this 4th-gen Honshu egg, PM me! FFA'd.~

Edited by infiniteviking

HI... guess Trith and Kultath have decided to call it quits once they've produced a queen... Kultath has had "no egg produced" ever since producing Trith and now Trith has given me a "no egg" after producing a queen last week with her mate Amphith sad.gif Sometimes I just hate the permanent mate rule for the queens once they've produced a queen sad.gif I guess I'll just hafta try the new Jr. Queen we got from Benden... she wants to be the mother of a whole Benden wing at Honshu... hopefully she will produce (crosses fingers). Also I would like to request eggs from all the other weyrs so I can get some new blood her at Honshu since my females are on strike...

Ldyfsh, I've noticed a lot of "no eggs" and "no interests" over the last month or so. I think it has something to do with the breeding ratios or something.

So I've actually been thinking about that rule, and I suppose that we can change it to combat this problem in the hopes of getting more successful breedings. (Thank you for reminding me though. I kind of forgot about it. rolleyes.gif )

If your queen and it's "intended" mate don't produce for 2 consecutive breedings, you can choose a different/secondary mate. Rinse and repeat.

Does that sound like a reasonable idea to fix the problem? Or would you all rather have the option to let your queens breed to whoever they want, whenever they want?

Again, I'm pretty flexible. I want this to be a successful lineage, and am open to ideas and suggestions.

Ldyfsh, I've noticed a lot of "no eggs" and "no interests" over the last month or so. I think it has something to do with the breeding ratios or something.

So I've actually been thinking about that rule, and I suppose that we can change it to combat this problem in the hopes of getting more successful breedings. (Thank you for reminding me though. I kind of forgot about it. rolleyes.gif )

If your queen and it's "intended" mate don't produce for 2 consecutive breedings, you can choose a different/secondary mate. Rinse and repeat.

Does that sound like a reasonable idea to fix the problem? Or would you all rather have the option to let your queens breed to whoever they want, whenever they want?

Again, I'm pretty flexible. I want this to be a successful lineage, and am open to ideas and suggestions.

I kind of like the "secondary" mate idea... maybe bringing in a little competition for the "main" mate will get the original pairing to produce once in a while??? Just a thought smile.gif

Riders in Fort shook their heads in wonder, as Gennavith's lovely little green hatchling made a beeline for his chosen rider, a young man. Gloameth rumbled in draconic laughter as her grandchild, now confirmed to be a male, began taking on the characteristics of his grandfather. Queen Talenth shook her wings in a sign of disapproval. "It just isn't proper," she told her daughter. But Gloameth simply shrugged and as usual replied, "Stranger things have happened. Or so I've heard..." Her giant green mate rumbled his agreement, leaving the Queen to lament on her own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, that mean the green has gendered wrongly again, as a boy. xd.png There is a pattern forming here. tongue.gif He's still available for adoption, but only for another couple of hours.

The Sunsong and Skywing eggs are due to hatch as soon as I unfog them. They're both still available, and both uninfluenced if anyone wants to take a chance. happy.gif

Riders in Fort shook their heads in wonder, as Gennavith's lovely little green hatchling made a beeline for his chosen rider, a young man. Gloameth rumbled in draconic laughter as her grandchild, now confirmed to be a male, began taking on the characteristics of his grandfather. Queen Talenth shook her wings in a sign of disapproval. "It just isn't proper," she told her daughter. But Gloameth simply shrugged and as usual replied, "Stranger things have happened. Or so I've heard..." Her giant green mate rumbled his agreement, leaving the Queen to lament on her own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, that mean the green has gendered wrongly again, as a boy. xd.png There is a pattern forming here. tongue.gif He's still available for adoption, but only for another couple of hours.

The Sunsong and Skywing eggs are due to hatch as soon as I unfog them. They're both still available, and both uninfluenced if anyone wants to take a chance. happy.gif

Gyp, if the Sunsong is still available, I'd love to take it... PMing you now smile.gif

Got your PM and replied. I'm going to fog the hatchie so it won't gain anymore until we can get it to you. Hopefully this one won't want to grow on time. xd.png