dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

I assumed that they died do to either illness or neglect, but that's just the way I assumed it worked.

If hatclings don't grow up, they'll die instead. How does that make sense?

Why doesn't that make sense? If a child or teenager is starved (ie, not enough unique views or views for the dragon), they'll die. Adults can hunt for themselves, but I don't think the hatchlings really can yet. =o

I'm not sure if this was mentioned on here yet. I used the search to find out if anyone knows what this is about and this forum came up, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the 52 pages.

So we all know about the leetle trees that are sometimes hidden among the eggs. Well earlier, I was looking at the lineage of one of my ochredrakes and i clicked on the scroll of the owner of that dragon's parent. At first nothing seemed unusual. The person had a bronze trophy and a beat the heat badge. Then I noticed something at the top of their scroll that didn't quite fit in. I clicked on it and the description was as follows:

"Aw...It’s a cute leetle...stack of pancakes?

And look! It’s grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."

Maybe it's just something so old that I don't know about it, but even so. What is a stack of pancakes with dragon wings doing inside of a dragon's cave? Are dragons just amazing cooks? Being so ancient, could it be that they invented pancakes and we humans just copied them? (taking out the wings, of course) Where do they get their syrup and butter? Or the plate for that matter? Can pancakes fly? Exactly how cute are pancakes? These are questions to which the answers may never be known.

That's one of TJ's jokes, like the <3 egg and the xd.png egg. It belongs to the user Lord Dragongank (spelling?), whose nickname was Lord Dragonpancake. The Leetle Stack of Pancakes is a play on this. The pancakes used to be named Lord Dragonpancake, but they lost their name due to inactivity.

That's one of TJ's jokes, like the <3 egg and the xd.png egg. It belongs to the user Lord Dragongank (spelling?), whose nickname was Lord Dragonpancake. The Leetle Stack of Pancakes is a play on this. The pancakes used to be named Lord Dragonpancake, but they lost their name due to inactivity.

*cough* actually i looked at the wiki a while ago, (... hours ago) i believe the owner is Dracogangake, (on the forums maybe? i forgot) and people misread it as Dracopancake.

Well, as for the illogical(-ish) thing. Not sure if it was mentioned before, but. Let's take a gamble! rolleyes.gif

If the only dragons you have are vampires, and they successfully turn an egg, it still has a chance to be repulsed, last time i checked. Why don't they accept it? Are the eggs sticky and smelly or something? Do they hate each other for scale color?! Evil little things... Why do you hate yourselves?! No pancakes for you!

... but then again, they probably have their reasons. (... probably not good reasons, if it's their own kind they're rejecting. blink.gif Perhaps they're really different species until they're ready to hatch? Ugly colorless albino embryos? We'll never know.)

It wasn't so much a nickname as something people misread his name as (greatly annoying him), causing TJ to make it an autocorrect feature (it used to be, at least, IIRC) and giving him the leetle gift. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If the Dinos cannot breed, then where are the dino eggs coming from? o_O

The ultimate question of ALL unbreedables. Where on earth do they all come from?

If too many people stare at an egg, their psychic powers make the shell become soft xd.png

Also, if hatchlings can't hunt on their own, how come frozen ones can?

If there's a giant hole in the egg, why doesn't the hatchling just crawl out? Descriptions say they like the security of their egg, but with a hole that big, it's not very secure or private, now is it? And why can't we see them in the egg with that hole? ;3

Aren't dinos supposed to be extinct? If animals such as flamingos and humans exist, then what are dinosaurs doing in that time? And also, the description for the harvest dragon says that they're a flightless breed. Then, why do they have wings?

Edited by Darklight

how does ANYHTING (other than another deepsea dragon) breed with a deepsea dragon WITHOUT DROWNING dry.gif

How the heck does a female dragon lay eggs that aren't it's own species?

I thought that caveborn eggs are considered to have "no parents" because there is no record of their ancestry. No pedigree = parents don't really exist for the purpose of the scrolls and their records.

That is a very good point. xd.png And it must confuse the poor mother too.

And I thought the same thing as above about CB dragons - not that they don't have parents, just that because you found the egg in a cave, you don't know what their family history is. Whereas ones bred in your own cave, you know.

Aren't dinos supposed to be extinct? If animals such as flamingos and humans exist, then what are dinosaurs doing in that time? And also, the description for the harvest dragon says that they're a flightless breed. Then, why do they have wings?

The same reason for why ostriches have wings, evolution.

Thirdly, my Cheese sits right below my Magma hatchling in my scroll, and I don't see him melting.

Your scroll is just a list of dragons you have its not like the dragons actually stand on each other.

A woman with blond hair and green eyes has a baby with a man with black hair and blue eyes, how come the baby isn't blond?

Edited by cladus

I just find it weird that so many dragons (hundreds of thousands) can all fit into one cave that is on one main continent (which isn't that big when you condsider how much territory a dragon would keep for itself) without having territorial disputes and food issues and stuff tongue.gif

A woman with blond hair and green eyes has a baby with a man with black hair and blue eyes, how come the baby isn't blond?

Individual slight mutations among the same species (recessive genes mean that the black hair and blue eyes could easily have come from the mother's side, too) are different from having offspring of an entirely different species (nothing evolves sufficiently fast to instantly become a completely different species, and you don't carry genes from separate species anyway).

A dragon...Made of gold...Breeding to a dragon..that lives in water..

Individual slight mutations among the same species (recessive genes mean that the black hair and blue eyes could easily have come from the mother's side, too) are different from having offspring of an entirely different species (nothing evolves sufficiently fast to instantly become a completely different species, and you don't carry genes from separate species anyway).

There are many examples of cross breeding in real life.

user posted image

Zonkey, A zebra/donkey

user posted image

Linger, A lion/tiger

user posted image

Jaglion, A Jaguar/Lion

These are all examples of cross species breeding, Now you may say the Jaguar and Lion are both big cats, well dragons are all dragons.

I think what they are trying to say is that, for exampe:

You breed a lion to a tiger, and you get a LIGER

You breed a red dragon to a purple dragon and you can get a RED egg or a PURPLE egg.

A liger is a cross breed of two big cats, a RED egg coming from a purple and a red will NOT be a cross breed. it will be a red dragon and merely show purple in it's lineage

Well thats DragonCave Genetics for you but I get your point smile.gif

Edited by cladus

First off all you can't consider games like that with logic. Existance of dragons as such is illogical.

Second off all - really a lot of comments are illogical themselves lol