dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

Lol. For me the Guardians actually make sense. All three are in front of the other eggs we can't see until we pick up the Guardian eggs.

However I'm not sure how to explain the situation when there are three Mints ("This egg is hidden behind the others, as if it's shy"). Maybe the other eggs being in front of the Mints are just ugly, so we don't even look at them? Maybe.

Why don't our Tinsels have breed descriptions? Are we just too lazy to record their behavior like we supposedly did with the other dragons?

If you incubated a paper egg.. shouldn't it burn?

xd.png

I think they must be warmed very gently, away from the open flame!

Still ROFLLMAO!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but...

"Once they hit adolescence, hatchlings change quickly, maturing to their full forms in only 2 years."

2 years for dragons means 3 days in real life. So how come the seasonal eggs match the seasons in real life instead of dragon seasons?!

How can a magma mate with an ice and the ice doesn't completely melt?

Our scrolls have pages. Book have pages, websites have pages but scrolls cannot have pages. Or do the 'pages' actually refer to us sticking more parchment onto the end when we run out of room

Lol. That is hilarious- these are all so funny! DC is illogical sometimes, but it is a game. :3

Recently bred my Albino with my Lumina, but it said they didn't feel like breeding this week (The dragons don't show much interest in eachother)

But the Lumina shed her scales anyway.

Wut?

I started rearranging my scroll and found out my scroll is roughly 50% frozen hatchlings. I also have pygmies to add into the mix. Good lord, my adult dragons must be going crazy from the scrabbling of tiny claws everywhere. I hate to imagine what feeding time looks like in my cave.

when someone picks up a magma egg, wouldn't their hands burn? Or the ice egg could easily freeze someone... and the thunder just electricutes anything it touches. Always.

and if we use magic to pick those up, then why not use magic to pick up the rest of them? No, we go running at a mother dragon, take the egg and run for our lives as the dragon just stares at you with a "seriously? again!?" look on her face.

Now imagine that with the new release. All of us swarming to get a new egg. 1) the other dragons are starring at us probably wondering why we aren't swarming them like we did the day before and 2) the new dragons are probably thinking about finding another website to go inhabit before all their babies are taken...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but...

"Once they hit adolescence, hatchlings change quickly, maturing to their full forms in only 2 years."

2 years for dragons means 3 days in real life. So how come the seasonal eggs match the seasons in real life instead of dragon seasons?!

Game of Thrones style seasons, obviously! Winter is coming.

(No spoilers: In Game of Thrones, each season can last for years. Some of the younger characters, up to about age 13 or 14, have never seen winter before because it has not occurred within their lifetime. For those who didn't know.)

Edited by GhostMouse

DC humans are ridiculously overpowered. We can live longer than dragons, kill dragons with a sword, freeze hatchlings in eternal youth, force a cloud of fog to just sit around one egg or hatchling, kick out a dragon from its home forever, trek the hazardous biomes with nary a worry, take care of 21 kids at once, and revive dragons half the time with no complications save the occasional zombie.

Yet we can't cure a hatchie of its stomachache. Wat.

Edited by Shadowdrake

DC humans are ridiculously overpowered. We can live longer than dragons, kill dragons with a sword, freeze hatchlings in eternal youth, force a cloud of fog to just sit around one egg or hatchling, kick out a dragon from its home forever, trek the hazardous biomes with nary a worry, take care of 21 kids at once, and revive dragons half the time with no complications save the occasional zombie.

Yet we can't cure a hatchie of its stomachache. Wat.

Hatchies don't like tummy touchie touchie and refuse to eat Pepto Bismal xd.png

How do we find our scroll in the huge kabillion and ever growing number of scroll?

Don't the fluffy dragons get dirty from staying in the cave and how do you groom them? Can't say I ever saw a wet Fluffy dragon.

Are our eyes that bad that we can only see three dragon eggs and only see others once someone takes one?

I bet this has been said before, but - where do we actually keep those hundreds of dragons we've raised? Some of them, like the Tsunamis, are quite big and others, like the Deep Sea Dragons need very specific conditions to live in. Not to mention the amount of food they consume... I doubt there would be a place where all those needs are being met.

And why can we incubate (=warm) eggs like Magma or Ember eggs, which are already "too hot to touch" or "really hot"? If some poor Red Dragon tried to warm them, they'd probably burn him instead of hatching faster...

Reds are generic red dragons..

They eat whatever living creatures they can find, but they help hatch eggs without eating them... I don't know that i would trust a red around my precious babies.

Also,almost 200 people rushing into one small area of land and taking mass amounts of eggs out of practically every dragon nest(especially as of now in the desert biome!) within two minutes..

you still have to wait a week to breed 2 dragons if they refused to go near each other,how'd that work? mean they didn't produce an egg if they don't want to breed together I can imagine they wouldn't even attempt to make an egg xd.png

Dragons are very fussy I guess, "After that disaster I can't imagine trying to breed again!"/prissy girl voice

But then, why do they only breed when we tell them to? And only produce one egg? Maybe they're breeding when we're not looking, and raising the eggs themselves.

And why are there clutches of like a dozen different species at once in that cave? Is there some sort of Alternian-Mothergrub dragon, that lays eggs of all the species?

What if my two CB dragons are related? How can I know?

I tend to tie together a lot of the logical flaws in the cave together and build the world up to make it logical, so I'll try to explain some of these logical flaws in terms of how I see the cave. Granted, everyone sees it differently and that's what makes it beautiful, so this isn't set in stone.

How I look at the breeding issue is this: Once you get past a few dragons, it becomes difficult to spend enough time with them all to maintain a close emotional bond with them. In order to keep them from revolting and attacking their keeper, the Scrollkeeper places spells on them to magically bond them to him/her. Through these bonds, s/he can also control the dragons' actions, for example, breeding. However, use of these controlling properties tires the dragon and damages the bonds, so to prevent the dragon from dying or the bonds from breaking, the Scrollkeeper refrains from using those spells until the aftereffects have worn off.

That's just my take on the whole thing. Feel free to design your own view.

(I totally don't just hang around here for the sole purpose of reading the logic flaws and correcting them in my vision of the cave.)

As for the multiple species being related, I suppose it has to do with there being a special "nesting spot" where mother dragons come to lay their eggs and raise them. Or, another theory was that the eggs which we manage to grab are the runts, the unwanted ones. The ones which the mothers don't care about because they have their firstborns and stronglings.

Edited by Lilac Inkdream

Lilac Inkdream That is a very awesome, well thought-out idea! I hope you don't mind if I appropriate it for myself too?

I'm sure someone mentioned this before (because it is very obvious to me):

What is a new release RP-wise? I mean I understand that a new breed means "humans have found a new breed of dragons" but why are the cave suddenly full of new eggs?

I'm sure someone mentioned this before (because it is very obvious to me):

What is a new release RP-wise? I mean I understand that a new breed means "humans have found a new breed of dragons" but why are the cave suddenly full of new eggs?

The way I've been narrating things in my head, it isn't so much humans finding new dragons in most of the cases as the dragons finding new dragons. What started as a small group of abandoned eggs being raised by a couple of humans grew into a clan, which is gradually expanding its range of territories until it has members dispersed across enough land to make up a decent-sized nation. New species find their way in from individual dragons exploring unfamiliar territory (in both directions- my dragons found the duotones, but the fleshcrownes found them) or from engaging with human traders and/or other dragon communities.

You can name your dragons whatever you want (e.g. Robot) but you can't use that word in their description. It seems illogical to me. dry.gif

Edited by Windy

What I find funny is always seeing papers/cheeses in the volcano/coast! Soggy/burnt cheese/paper. xd.png