dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

How can one moon have a waning crescent and the other moon have a waxing crescent? How can one moon be full and the other one be new? The last time I checked, Valkemare only had one sun, and the sun can't shine in two directions at once! Like, if there's a full moon, that means the sun is hitting the moon head-on, thus the entire side of the moon is illuminated. If there's a new moon, it means that the sun is hitting the moon from from the far side, therefore you don't see any illumination. For there to be both a waxing and a waning crescent, it would mean the sun is shining from the left of one moon and the right of the other. Urgh! It frustrates me! mad.gif

That we can pick up as many CB Halloweens as we desire, but this isn't the case for other Holidays like Valentine's and Christmas. And no CBs except for the year such a Holiday breed was released? This limits lineage possibilities tons for newer users. I mean, I get you want to reward older users with greater options for breeding, but it is a little unfair (and limiting) to newer members.

That we can pick up as many CB Halloweens as we desire, but this isn't the case for other Holidays like Valentine's and Christmas. And no CBs except for the year such a Holiday breed was released? This limits lineage possibilities tons for newer users. I mean, I get you want to reward older users with greater options for breeding, but it is a little unfair (and limiting) to newer members.

I read on the wiki that the reason why Vday and Xmas CBs are limited but Halloween CBs are not is because, according to TJ, Vday and Xmas are all about love and giving, but Halloween is about being a greedy censorkip.gif***.

I was paraphrasing, but yeah. tongue.gif

How can a dinky little cave house over 5,000 dragons, without all of these dragons fighting and squabbling like every 5 seconds, and THEN what if someone uses Earthquake? shouldn't the cave be like, in ruins now?!

Also, what do the dragons have to say about the Zombies biting eggs?!

How can one moon have a waning crescent and the other moon have a waxing crescent? How can one moon be full and the other one be new? The last time I checked, Valkemare only had one sun, and the sun can't shine in two directions at once! Like, if there's a full moon, that means the sun is hitting the moon head-on, thus the entire side of the moon is illuminated. If there's a new moon, it means that the sun is hitting the moon from from the far side, therefore you don't see any illumination. For there to be both a waxing and a waning crescent, it would mean the sun is shining from the left of one moon and the right of the other. Urgh! It frustrates me!  mad.gif

Uh, because the moons are in different positions around the planet?

Let's take the phases of our single moon as example.

user posted image

#1 is obviously the new moon, #2 waxing crescent, #3 first quarter, #4 waxing gibbous, #5 full moon, #6 waning gibbous, #7 third quarter, #8 waning crescent. Apparently, the moon phase doesn't depend on the position of the sun, which is always the same in this grahpic, but on the position of the moon in regards to both earth and sun.

Now, if there are two moons (using different orbits, for obvious reasons), one could be in position #2 and the other in position #8 (in their respective orbits).

Edited by olympe