dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

Lineage WTF?

Just ... How? My girlfriend explained how you're supposed to get the alt-colors for stripes. This doesn't make sense even remotely. huh.gif

There is nothing wrong with it.

Striped X (Bright) Pink = White

Striped X Striped = any colour variant

There is nothing wrong with it.

Striped X (Bright) Pink = White

Striped X Striped = any colour variant

We really need Pink/Purple and Yellow Stripes.

If the above is the case, is every single DC user adept in magic?

I know I am tongue.gif

Why are mints shown so big? Do we have terrible scaling(as in size)?

Pumpkins, Night and Day Glories want to talk to you.

And anyway...all the "normal-sized" dragons are the same scale, yet they obviously are not.

And Cheese dragons; who released them? Obviously enchanted cheese is meant to live in a Wizard's Emporium not the wild.

Paper Dragons would get wet and soggy in the rain.

Mint x Guardian...just wut? Where are the minty green guardian freaks of nature?

Abandoned Page. All eggs abandoned in the entire world manage to congregate on this single plane. Instant teleport, yay.

the fact tha there are dragons made out of paper wut? not to mention wouldn´t they get burned since most of the other dragon breat fire?

And the fact that vampire dragons can coexist peacefully with the toher without attempting to sucke their blood of bite the other eggs.

Leetles: why exactly would people steal a tree and how do they carry it to their own cave? magic?

IT'S ALL THANKS TO MAGIC. xd.png

Hey, if Hollywood doesn't have to obey the laws of logic, neither does magic. laugh.gif

I'll tell you what's illogical. I've been trying to breed a male silver and a female silver to other dragons since AUGUST. (Emphasis: not to each other!) and I have yet to get a SINGLE silver egg.

My head may just explode. They're my only silvers and it's even rare that they produce a common egg with any other dragon. *flails*

I'll tell you what's illogical. I've been trying to breed a male silver and a female silver to other dragons since AUGUST. (Emphasis: not to each other!) and I have yet to get a SINGLE silver egg.

My head may just explode. They're my only silvers and it's even rare that they produce a common egg with any other dragon. *flails*

Easily explainable if you consider ratios:

too many animals in one area, means all the food resources get used up... less food, more dragons die off, less survive long enough to hatch/be born. More food = more dragons.

So if ratios are applies to living areas, it makes sense. Kinda like how wolves vary in population depending on the moose and other game they eat. If momma is starving the babies dont make it.

I was going through all my dragons, classifying who as what (caveborn, inbred, even gen, whatever), and for those dragons with longer lineages, I was running them through Allure of Neglected Dragon's Inbred Checker.

I ran this guy through it, and he came back with TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SIX dragons that showed up more than once in his lineage. I had been doing it where it showed the repeated dragons, but just before he came up, I had accidentally shut the window and therefore, that check-box was unmarked. I checked it, and then tried to run it again, and I MAY have gotten the ever-glorious 'server error' message...

Anyways... 266! Has anyone ever had that many dragons repeated in a lineage before?

I was going through all my dragons, classifying who as what (caveborn, inbred, even gen, whatever), and for those dragons with longer lineages, I was running them through Allure of Neglected Dragon's Inbred Checker. 

I ran this guy through it, and he came back with TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SIX dragons that showed up more than once in his lineage.  I had been doing it where it showed the repeated dragons, but just before he came up, I had accidentally shut the window and therefore, that check-box was unmarked.  I checked it, and then tried to run it again, and I MAY have gotten the ever-glorious 'server error' message...

Anyways... 266!  Has anyone ever had that many dragons repeated in a lineage before?

You might wanna look in here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=121375

Well over 1000 repeated dragons in a lineage have been found. biggrin.gif I'm not a fan of inbreds, but I think I'd be proud to have such an insane family tree on my scroll.

Mints are supposed to be shy, yet the only biome they are found in is the Volcano!

How do Water dragons breed with say, Magmas? Or any dragon that can't swim?

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Turps: covered in nasty-smelling, burn-causing oil.

Other dragons: lululul sound like perfect breeding partners! biggrin.gif

The only not-crazy dragons are ridgewings and moonstones, it seems! ;O;

Mints are supposed to be shy, yet the only biome they are found in is the Volcano!

Actually, I see one in the forest right now.

Turps: covered in nasty-smelling, burn-causing oil.

Other dragons: lululul sound like perfect breeding partners! biggrin.gif

The only not-crazy dragons are ridgewings and moonstones, it seems! ;O;

The ridges are one of the pickiest dragons, aside from the silvers/golds. I wish the silver/gold ratios had evened out. Pfft. Not even after... 4 years and running.

'Ooo, look, ma, I got a gold/silver CB!'

'Punt it, Jimmy, it wonm't give us babies. ;-;'

'BUT-'

I wonder how they haul eggs and if eggs are ever different sizes and just different colors. The only eggs shaped differently are Pygmies and Chickens. And that's only a few pixels of size reduction.

And why pixels? Why not.. two pixel wide?

Actually, I see one in the forest right now.

Well, it's the main biome I find them in!

It's 9 p.m. and dark outside, yet the eggs in the desert are "shining brightly in the sunlight." rolleyes.gif

@ BlazingPhoenisx ~ Mints show up in the Volcano, Forest and Alpine biomes.

How the heck do views work? I know it's juat a site, but what would happen in real life?

How the heck do views work? I know it's juat a site, but what would happen in real life?

By placing dragon eggs/hatchlings into public view, they are looked upon by others. That simple action of looking directs an amount of mental energy towards the creature. Admittedly, this is a teeny tiny amount of energy, but when multiplied by thousands it creates a notable notice. (A note of notice? The vocabulary is fuzzy here)... anyways, the dragons can sense and measure these views from inside the egg. And since they are, at the root of it all, somewhat vain creatures, they will only hatch and grow if they have obtained a minimum amount of that "attentional energy"

cool.gif How's that for an answer?

By placing dragon eggs/hatchlings into public view, they are looked upon by others. That simple action of looking directs an amount of mental energy towards the creature. Admittedly, this is a teeny tiny amount of energy, but when multiplied by thousands it creates a notable notice. (A note of notice? The vocabulary is fuzzy here)... anyways, the dragons can sense and measure these views from inside the egg. And since they are, at the root of it all, somewhat vain creatures, they will only hatch and grow if they have obtained a minimum amount of that "attentional energy"

cool.gif How's that for an answer?

Huh, I always saw it as that since the hatchies were afraid to come out of the egg, being around so many people made them more comfortable, and safe feeling. Not sure how it would work with hatchlings though...

I'm not sure if this was mentioned on here yet. I used the search to find out if anyone knows what this is about and this forum came up, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the 52 pages.

So we all know about the leetle trees that are sometimes hidden among the eggs. Well earlier, I was looking at the lineage of one of my ochredrakes and i clicked on the scroll of the owner of that dragon's parent. At first nothing seemed unusual. The person had a bronze trophy and a beat the heat badge. Then I noticed something at the top of their scroll that didn't quite fit in. I clicked on it and the description was as follows:

"Aw...It’s a cute leetle...stack of pancakes?

And look! It’s grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."

Maybe it's just something so old that I don't know about it, but even so. What is a stack of pancakes with dragon wings doing inside of a dragon's cave? Are dragons just amazing cooks? Being so ancient, could it be that they invented pancakes and we humans just copied them? (taking out the wings, of course) Where do they get their syrup and butter? Or the plate for that matter? Can pancakes fly? Exactly how cute are pancakes? These are questions to which the answers may never be known.

Cheese dragon description:

Cheese dragons are not actually alive. They are enchanted items of food that act almost identically to dragons. They have no need to eat, but they must “live” in humid environments or they will dry out and harden.

So what are they doing in the desert then? O.o

It's 9 p.m. and dark outside, yet the eggs in the desert are "shining brightly in the sunlight." rolleyes.gif

@ BlazingPhoenisx ~ Mints show up in the Volcano, Forest and Alpine biomes.

((I have seen several in the coast too))

If hatclings don't grow up, they'll die instead. How does that make sense?