dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

I was reviewing the first few pages where I came across an interesting but ignored question:

Don't Neglecteds hate you and want to kill you but are too weak? So why do you keep them around if they're like ticking time bombs?

I was reviewing the first few pages where I came across an interesting but ignored question:

Pity? You've seen what you've done, keeping them around and taking care of them isn't that unthinkable a reaction. Especially if it was through sheer inexperience.

Or, given the nature of Neglcteds on the forums and such, maybe they really are kept around because they're that rare and difficult to get.

... and I think I've just managed to call a fair portion of DCers heartless freaks who will abuse a dragon for the sake of rarity x3

Edited by Dr. Paine

Yeah, I agree but won't you be a tad bit guilty about it? biggrin.gif I've killed too many eggs in my endeavour so I try not to do this myself.

Yeah, I agree but won't you be a tad bit guilty about it? biggrin.gif I've killed too many eggs in my endeavour so I try not to do this myself.

Maybe. I guess it depends x3. If you feel guilty, you keep the Neglected, treat it well, and honestly try to rehabilitate it. If not... it's a show piece. It might still be treated better after it grows and becomes a true Neglected, but it'll still hate you. ... it's not unreasonable to think someone like that would also take steps to keep it from getting strong enough to really hurt them.

*nods* Good response.

Here's some news- Vines breed but their eggs are not underground. Why?

Maybe they need to the surface to breed and the mate keeps it up. But this doesn't explain why the hatchies don't go below the earth to hunt.

And how do lettle trees change? On the 20th March it's a needle tree with snow and suddenly it becomes a tree with pink leafs.

Where do you keep the dragons after all? Although if their names are just written on a scroll does that mean that other people could own the "same" dragon...two people just name the dragon differently...huh...

Anybody else notice that the Black Marrow Dragons don't have the:

Dragons are creatures with nearly unlimited life spans. They can survive for long periods of time, and no one has found a dragon that has died of old age. Adolescence is usually marked by the growth of a hatchling's wings, although not all breeds of dragons grow wings and some breeds have other traits that indicate the beginning of maturation. Once they hit adolescence, hatchlings change quickly, maturing to their full forms in only 2 years.

Dragons don't communicate with each other verbally, but they will growl to scare off predators and frighten prey. Young dragons will emit an extremely high-pitched squeal when they are frightened. To communicate, they use telepathy with each other and to speak to other creatures.

Odd...

Edited by Mysthunter

Maybe they need to the surface to breed and the mate keeps it up. But this doesn't explain why the hatchies don't go below the earth to hunt.

And how do lettle trees change? On the 20th March it's a needle tree with snow and suddenly it becomes a tree with pink leafs.

Leetle trees are magic tongue.gif

Vines- Lyth herself has stated, several times, that they are not rooted into the ground. They breed normally, and eggs aren't buried.

Vampires and Pumpkins don't have it either, it's a quirk of Halloween breeds.

Where dragons are kept... varies person to person, but the most popular thing seems to be that the scroll records dragons you have hatched and raised, and most dragons go off on their own when they grow. Those that stay stick around the cave, which is probably where the scroll owner lives. When someone is raising hundreds of dragons, it's quite easy to imagine they have the means to make living in a cave comfy.

The name thing... that could be kind of funny, but unlikely, see above. A scroll is a record of dragons you have raised to adulthood, and since there are no (and never will be) means to catch adult dragons, it just won't happen.

Edited by Dr. Paine

How the cave and all the dragons in it can vanish at times, right before something happens or after there is some sort of error.

How the cave and all the dragons in it can vanish at times, right before something happens or after there is some sort of error.

Haha this. I laughed so hard. x)

Maybe they all go on holiday or something.

• How we all apparently have amazing drawing skills on our scrolls.
  • The scroll is perfectly clean with no water damage, wrinkles, etc. smile.gif
  • How all of our dragons fit in one place.
  • How we even know what a dragons lineage is. Especially if it comes from different scrolls biggrin.gif
  • That our dragons mature in like a week! Are they butterflies?
  • And the freezing spell.
Edited by lizardfeatherz

Leetle Trees were actually enchanted by a magician. I had the whole story posted on the forum, but I can't seem to find it.

It kinda went like this...

Magician is practicing powers, shrinks a tree, can't fix it, make's it change with the seasons and resistant to natural causes of death (bug infestation, fire, etc).

It's magic. Logic has no place with my trees!

That our dragons mature in like a week! Are they butterflies?

Thier description actually says they mature in 2 years(I think, can't get on my scroll to check lol) , apparently time passes differently in the dragon world than IRL x3

We are humans with a very long life x3

Thier description actually says they mature in 2 years(I think, can't get on my scroll to check lol) , apparently time passes differently in the dragon world than IRL x3

We are humans with a very long life x3

Its still not logical biggrin.gif

How we all apparently have amazing drawing skills on our scrolls.

lol!! Oh goodness, yes! In real-life, my scroll would look like a 3-year-old drew it... I have no talent in that area at all.

What about the dragons that spend most of their time underwater or in the sky? When we want to breed them, suddenly there they are, able to be matched up and bred... Do we have some sort of whistle, do they come when they are called?

In real-life, my scroll would look like a 3-year-old drew it... I have no talent in that area at all.

In real life, mine would look like an excel sheet. Oh wait ... it already does.

Not really logical how on our scrolls all changes about stage, gender etc. are automatically written down, but when we write a more detailed description it takes months (or in DC time, decades) for the ink to become visible...

Hmm, let me think. (DC's down, it's harder to think, ya know! Quit bothering me.) Oh yes, how come we can't name our dragons names that are already used? There are probably plenty of people with my name out there. It's not like the dragon is gonna be in your cave!

~Cavey

What about dinos? theyd all be dead and im sure if there were still alive other "normal" people would have seen them as well with such a large amount of gaint lizards roaming around.

How come dragons dont kill each other but humans can easily kill one. And wouldnt a huge stone dragon step of a pygmy?

What do you feed your hatchlings? Kittens multiplie very fast..lol jk!

Im sure schools would be smashed cuz some kid would tell thier dragon to smash it!

(I can go on like this forever)

Chickens are not magical and cant live for ever, yet they grow up same speed as dragons witch must be thousands of years.

How in name of godzilla do you command dagons to breed!? then expect the mother to just allow you to keep the egg!

Youd probly be arested for animal hording.

Im sure schools would be smashed cuz some kid would tell thier dragon to smash it!

Medieval time period. Public schools didn't exists for common children, if at all.

Been a while since I've taken a history course.

Related to the DC medieval time period thing:

The new easter egg with the chicken on it also has a car on it. Cars totally existed in medieval times~

Just the idea of egg drops in real life makes me giggle. I mean: roughly a hundred people are all crouched in shrubbery around a cave of sleeping dragons - who have taken many losses from theft and STILL have not learned to post a guard during dragon naptime - and a silver egg moves (is nudged? Somehow?) to the front.

WHOOSH!

Ninety of the hundred watchers dive forward and dogpile on the space where the egg used to be - somehow without smashing it - and then they all get up and whoever touched it first is allowed to stroll off with it while the rest slump and sulk back to the shrubbery.

And yet those sleeping dragons NEVER WAKE UP. Maybe they're under a spell? But if they're never awake, when do they breed the CB eggs?

Edited by alabaster_demon

Related to the DC medieval time period thing:

The new easter egg with the chicken on it also has a car on it. Cars totally existed in medieval times~

On the same kind of plane, the pianoforte wasn't invented until around 1700 AD.

How do all dead eggs and dragons end up in the graveyard? Their killers buried them there?