dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

Cave born. They have no parents. How is that possible? xd.png

They have no lineage.

They have parents, but seeing as how their parents are totally wild, they never get listed. Now, you can argue that this should apply to any dragon with released parents, but released dragons were still recorded, and there might still be some listing of them, it's just the names that have been removed.

Why dose it look like an adult zombie dragon has glasses on?

Well, I'm guessing it can gettin pretty hard to see with your eyes rotting. So poor thing needs the glasses.

Your deep sea hatchie? It didn't grow up, it just gendered (became an s2 instead of an s1). They'll do that if they have enough views when they're frozen. Don't worry, it will stay a hatchie.

Your deep sea hatchie? It didn't grow up, it just gendered (became an s2 instead of an s1). They'll do that if they have enough views when they're frozen. Don't worry, it will stay a hatchie.

Danne, thanks for the info) you calmed me down

Do you know what else is illogical? Inbreds.

If you breed a mother with a son, normally you would breed a deformed baby. But on DC, all you get is a poor, unwanted eggy. Like my Silver.

Do you know what else is illogical? Inbreds.

If you breed a mother with a son, normally you would breed a deformed baby. But on DC, all you get is a poor, unwanted eggy. Like my Silver.

Actually, that rarely happens. The thing with inbreeding is that it can cause rare recessive genes to be expressed that might not ever be expressed otherwise.

In purebred animals, specific "types" are produced by breeding carriers of specific genes with other carriers. If your cat has a spontaneously mutated gene that results in curly fur, the only other carriers of that gene are going to be the cat's offspring, so if you want to preserve that gene, the parent will have to be mated with one of their offspring. Unfortunately, that curly-coated cat might also have a gene that makes it more susceptible to developing kitty bone cancer, and breeding it to its offspring will increase the chance of the future curly-coated cats developing that bone cancer. This is why a lot of purebred animals have specific diseases they are susceptible to, like Doberman Pinschers and Von Willebrand disease.

So if you happen to have a baby with your parent, they have a very slight increased chance of expressing an unfortunate gene that you both carry. There are no guarantees of deformity.

You can incubate ice, cheese and paper eggs. Surely that can't be good for them... tongue.gif

The whole timescale for multiple dragons maturing means most people have been playing for far longer than a human life in ingame time.

The whole timescale for multiple dragons maturing means most people have been playing for far longer than a human life in ingame time.

We're wizards, silly. We do stuff like that. wink.gif

I have not read all the posts, so please forgive me if this has been mentioned before:

How come the practice of line breeding is taboo in DC? (Line breeding being a strictly controlled form of inbreeding which repeats only one ancestor, and it's lineage, over and over.)

People are so concerned about inbreeding that they forget that line breeding is a very good and useful practice in the real life animal world when done correctly as it increases the likelyhood that the offspring will look like the ancestor that is being repeated in the lineage.

In the game there is no difference, however many users feel that random unplanned inbreeding is a sign of carelessness. There is planned inbreeding with some truly beautiful lineages out there, which is the DC equivalent of line-breeding, check out the breeding forum for the thread about even gen inbred lineages.

Basically it's the difference between a well planned breeding program and a backyard breeder who doesn't keep track of who is mating with who. There is faaaar more of the later then the former in DC and in the real world. At least on DC there is no negative consequence in-game for the dragons.

As for illogical things, I think the fact that our eggs and hatchlings need views to hatch and grow. Real life animals don't need people looking at them to grow up!

As for illogical things, I think the fact that our eggs and hatchlings need views to hatch and grow. Real life animals don't need people looking at them to grow up!

I've always imagined that you would regulate the temperature for an egg (we're wizards, after all) and you would feed a hatchling.

I've always imagined that you would regulate the temperature for an egg (we're wizards, after all) and you would feed a hatchling.

Yeah, makes sense. In some similar games you can give a boost to the egg hatching by warming it, or by feeding whatever hatches. It would also make sense with sickness if it was exposed to too many people while still not strong enough.

I think it already has been mentioned here, but I can't understand why yellow stripes on Neotropical egg are "strange" and yellow stripes on Stripe egg aren't. X D

They are "bright markings".

*Hopes you can say things that are Illogical about the forums too* Why do they call it dragons request? Don't people do dinos and other stuff in it?

Edited by Ninetails

*Hopes you can say things that are Illogical about the forums too* Why do they call it dragons request? Don't people do dinos and other stuff in it?

Actually... no. There was an instance, one time, on an Orange Dino, but that was it. And I think it only got a pass because it was a very old, nearly done project.

I just found this in the White hatchling's description:

"is as clumsy as any other hatchling, but it never seems to get injured."

It sounds to me that this hatchie is as clumsy as any other hatchling but, contrary to these, it never seems to get injured.

So that means that usually hatchies gets injured? And how they heal? And the injuries are always not so serious to heal perfectly and to don't kill the hatchie or to get infected?

Or there is a breed of dragon that hasn't been discovered yet (nurse/doctor Dragon xd.png) or... White dragons goes around the world to heal them? blink.gif They can heal every hatchie gets injured in the world? So they can fly as fast as Santa?

It sounds to me that this hatchie is as clumsy as any other hatchling but, contrary to these, it never seems to get injured.

So that means that usually hatchies gets injured? And how they heal? And the injuries are always not so serious to heal perfectly and to don't kill the hatchie or to get infected?

Or there is a breed of dragon that hasn't been discovered yet (nurse/doctor Dragon xd.png) or... White dragons goes around the world to heal them? blink.gif They can heal every hatchie gets injured in the world? So they can fly as fast as Santa?

... as I've asked with many of these: how is that illogical? Young animals in nature, not to mention human children, are clumsy and often get injured. Dragons, I assume, are like other animals in that they can heal on their own if they aren't too hurt. Older dragons (since most are quite intelligent) might know of plants that are good for preventing infection, can help dull pain, or have other healing properties. White dragons just have this healing factor turned up to 11.

Since almost everyone has at least some adults, I would guess these kind of 'adopt' the hatchlings themselves and protect them a bit, which is alluded to in the description of some dragons (e.g. hellfires) about how they form groups.

Anyway, just about everyone has injured themselves as a child at some point - usually not seriously, but they still have - a hatchling takes several years in 'real-world' time to mature so it's certainly not implausible they might do something at some point.

"You decide that the 4 hatchlings you already have are more than you can handle, so you decide not to take the egg."

...Well, I can apparently take care of 3 eggs and 3 hatchlings.

I've once gotten that message with 6 hatchlings and gone, "I'm taking care of these..." I wonder what the new message will say once the new scroll limits are implemented, or if they'll stay the same.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Dragon codes. How is one egg/hatchie/dragon assigned a code, and where does an owner find it? Is it imprinted on the egg, and stamped on the dragon? Or is there a sign that is always floating over it's head, saying something like: "*code here* is below!", or what? Or do we just... know the codes?

Dragon codes. How is one egg/hatchie/dragon assigned a code, and where does an owner find it? Is it imprinted on the egg, and stamped on the dragon? Or is there a sign that is always floating over it's head, saying something like: "*code here* is below!", or what? Or do we just... know the codes?

I've wondered that with the names. Do they have a nametag or something? I think that when you have 10+ Black dragons it'll be a little hard to tell.