Gyps13

Increase in Inbox Size?

I was talking to an admin of a forum I regularly post on about how much space PMs require and he told me that PMs take up almost no server space.

user posted image

(He is the admin, he just doesn't keep his title on)

On that forum, we have thousands more posts and messages in visitor messages and social groups, plus the 1.3 million posts and the total data is under a gig, which is not a lot at all. I don't see why it would be any sort of problem to increase the inbox size.

I am in favor of increasing inbox size. It's really discouraging trying to reach people when their inbox is full. Trying later, one doesn't even know if their inbox is still full - or again.

Maybe with every level increase your inbox size would increase? That way newbies who don't post at all don't take up a lot of space with huge, empty inboxes?

I like this idea, as a newbie I never Pmed much, not knowing anyone anyway, but the more people i get to knoe the more i want to Pm, but am really constriced by the very small pm box size - half of which is taken up by sent messages. having to delete all the time is annoying, and you sometime loose the wrong one.

Also, a mark on the posts that you have replied to will make it eaisier, particularly for giftinf thread mods who have a lot of questions/ info/ update Pms to get through and don't know who they have answered or not.

I think this would be a nice idea, as well. It could be very helpful, especially if you have a lot of PMs you have to keep because of information in them or something, then you don't have as much space for new ones... Yeah, you could save the information, but it's really convenient to just have it all in your PMs, so you can get to it no matter what computer you're using.

Yes, please! Daily, I get many PM's, range? From 5-15 max messages and I have to delete them every few seconds to leave at least 80% space for new ones. :3 Even a capacity of 30-50 more messages would be neat!

Maybe with every level increase your inbox size would increase? That way newbies who don't post at all don't take up a lot of space with huge, empty inboxes?

Bringing this back up again, even though I don't use PM's right now.

I agree with PCKid. Cuz Im very active and I get about 5 PMs with every check I do on the forums. Im very active in Trades and in TGT. Also in trades I like to keep all my trade PMs (both sent and recived) in order to keep a record of the trade so I dont get cheated.

YES PLEASE

with being part of the New Rare Breeders trading thread I get an awful lot of pms daily. Being owner of a rp as well doesn't help. I also get tons and tons of questions from newer people whether requesting me as a mentor or just seeing I've been around for a while. My inbox is being cleaned out daily, sometimes even more...

sigh will we ever get our inbox space increased? This thread has been up since 2009. We've been asking for an incrrease for 2 years already. How much longer do we have to wait?

sigh will we ever get our inbox space increased? This thread has been up since 2009. We've been asking for an incrrease for 2 years already. How much longer do we have to wait?

Making a thread about something doesn't guarantee it will happen. :3

I think our inbox size should at least be increased a little bit, but the moderators' inbox size should be unlimited.

I'm getting more active on these forums lately with trades and everything, and I'd like to have more space as I take part in more trades, just in case. I support this suggestion smile.gif

Also, I don't know if this is implimented already or not, but could there maybe be a message that pops up saying if the reciever of your message's inbox is full? If it is, there could maybe be an option to save the draft of the message so you can try to send it later.

If you send to someone with a full inbox it does tell you the message can't be sent because of that and provides a draft of your PM. IIRC, it does offer to save it as a draft, too. ^^

If you send to someone with a full inbox it does tell you the message can't be sent because of that and provides a draft of your PM. IIRC, it does offer to save it as a draft, too. ^^

Oh! That's good to hear, thanks. I was worried that I'd send a message and it'd be lost in the unknown for months if their box was full. xd.png

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

*prays for more space in PM box so I don't have to constantly delete messages*

*prays for more space in PM box so I don't have to constantly delete messages*

You can archive them - that sends them to your email server and then you have them on your machine for ever and can delete any here that you want.

A bigger inbox, hmm. Doesn't interest me since I barely get PM's or send them, but for those who mentor, are mods, do a lot of projects or just have a lot of well-communicating friends this would be very helpful. Support.

Edited by Liam...

Mods have larger inboxes as it is. A mod told me this...

I like to keep PMs handy.

Some of these involve people I've been trying to breed for forever, others, those I'd like to gift if I come up with anything suitable, others yet are those who are gifting/trading me when their dragons produce.

Being in my PM box, they're where I can see them and function both as reminder notes and communications already set up, with info right there where I need it.

I can run through them from time to time, maybe send off the odd message to people waiting for dragons after however many breeding fails so they know they aren't forgotten, maybe PM to see how somebody's doing...

I have a rotten memory at the best of times and this is NOT the best of times for me, lol, so if these come off a place I look at umpteen times a day, they will be out of sight and therefore out of mind, and if they go into my drafts, they'll get steadily shuffled back and quite likely forgotten.

I can forget even the most essential things these days, so it makes a big difference to me if I have to move some of these PMs off to make room for incoming.

And if people are waiting for dragons, it'll make a big difference to them if I don't remember to keep trying...

That and when I see new Releases early on, I often run down a good portion of my PM list, in giving a general alert on that to people who may not yet have started poking around the forums, or who might not have done so at all.

^^ Yes, what Syphoneira said! And archiving messages just does not serve the same purpose at all.

^^ Yes, what Syphoneira said! And archiving messages just does not serve the same purpose at all.

No - but it DOES mean you can carry on getting PMs....

I keep the list of who I am in process of trying to breed for in my notes box...

No - but it DOES mean you can carry on getting PMs....

I keep the list of who I am in process of trying to breed for in my notes box...

Well, it would only be used by those who need it. smile.gif