Gyps13

Increase in Inbox Size?

I _st/nd/rd this! Often times, I find myself deleting messages that I'd rather keep, because I have absolutely no choice left. Archiving does not really help me, since all you do is read it. I wholeheartedly support this suggestion.

Edited by tinakhal

I had no idea where to put this topic, but my suggestion is to make the PM capacity larger. I fill up my PM box in a day, sometimes less. It would be really nice to be able to keep some PMs that are more meaningful to me without having my PM capacity fill up to max. Could we please get a larger inbox so that we can save a few more PMs?

Yes. Please yes. If we can't have a bigger inbox, make the sentbox smaller or autodelete? (togglebale)

A larger inbox would be nice. Mods have a bigger inbox, but before I got my modhat I still had trouble keeping it clean (and still sometimes do, for that matter!) So I sympathize with you there.

In the meantime, if you have sentimental and/or important messages you want to save, you can always archive them. (I need to do that myself...)

On your control panel, in the messenger section there is an "Archive Messages" link. You can choose how old of messages you want to archive, and the filetype you want to receive them in. The site will email you a file containing the messages.

Merged duplicate topics.

Edited by _Z_

this would be nice. a lot more room would help but has mentioned before, even 50 messages would help. Also if sent didnt count towards total, that would even make more room.

Yes, I support this idea. I hate having to empty out my inbox every few hours and having an almost constant 80% full level. Please increase the inbox size, even a little bit would help.

and those people that are active and gifting/trading, somtimes their inbox is full and I cant PM them becuase they need those PMs for info refrence. It would help me a ton, and others as well. Just increasing it a little would be great too. smile.gif

Two hands up in the air waving YES YES YES please! I have to empty out my box a few times a day ... and sometimes, I deleted important PMs with teleport links. sad.gif

Being an active trader (and gifter laugh.gif ), my inbox is swarmed daily. Increasing inbox sizes will be super duper double chocolate marshmallow candy sweet awesomesauce!

I agree with sent not being autosave, but still, even the inbox would be nicer if bigger. Maybe even by 50 PMs. Just something so that maybe we could go a few days without it filling up.

Bumping because I would like to know if this is even possible to be implemented?

Cleaning and emptying my inbox has become a real chore .... I have to empty my inbox at least a few times in one day .... xd.png

oh please can we get more PM space for our inbox, this would be soooo great.

Archive just doesn't do it as great as having the actual PM to keep and reply to when updating people of breeding fails/success.

Please do consider wub.gif

Oh I support this!

My inbox is almost always full at 98% of its capacity, beacause I just need to keep important messages as reminders.

So increasing the size would really help me a big time.

I completely agree on a bigger inbox. Half the time i have a near 100% capacity when i barely use my PM system. It becomes a hassle to continuously delete, but in the defense of the system, im also a bit lazy. tongue.gif

I think I may have spoken up in support of this before, but in case I haven't - yes, please? Can we get more space?

It was only mildly frustrating occasionally before I started doing more trading and gifting, but now that I do a moderate amount I'm constantly just trying to get the number of PMs low enough that my inbox isn't going to fill up and leave people unable to send offers. When it comes to things that I've promised other people I can delete PMs and keep records on my computer, but it's not nearly so convenient as just being able to hit "reply" when I've got the egg/hatchling available.

And when it comes to things that others have promised me (especially when it comes to IOUs), I really like to keep the actual PMs handy, for proof/reminders if needed. I've had at least one occasion just recently when the other person had accidentally deleted the PM where they'd promised me something in an exchange, and then couldn't remember for sure whether I was the one they'd talked to - being able to simply forward a copy of our exchange to them simplified things considerably.

It would make things so much easier if we could just get some more space. *begs*

Edited by Imbecamiel

you know i always seem to run out of space in my mail box, and i am constantly deleting my mail D: i dont know if it's possible to ask for this or if this is something only provided by the forum host and not something that can be coded.

surely i cant be the only one who would find this useful though?