Gyps13

Increase in Inbox Size?

Bit of a bump, since its been a month.

Any hopes of this being allowed?

I kind of support this. I think it's a great idea for newbies to have smaller inboxes, but what if you need to contact a friend about dragcave a lot, even though you don't really post a lot. It could be the only way to contact for the person.

I support this!! My inox is almost ALWAYS full and I get tired of constantly deleting messages!!

Oh dearie YES! Sometimes there are just so many important PMs that I just can't let go of them ;_; and then within time, they'll pile up.

Maybe with every level increase your inbox size would increase? That way newbies who don't post at all don't take up a lot of space with huge, empty inboxes?

I think this suggestion is best. I lurk more than I post, and I dont have too much trouble with mine yet. But while I delete things as soon as their finished this would help. Although not counting sent messages would work too (IMO) I dont keep sent messages anyway. But as many times as I send messages back and forth for 1 trade I can understand how hard it is for people that do so far more than I.

I know this subject has been dead for a while, but I've been fighting with my inbox for months, and feel the need to bump this back to the top.

Honestly 50 messages just isn't cutting it for me, and I'm not even keeping PMs that I probably should be. Trading/gifting makes it unbelievably difficult to keep up with my inbox, and I'm cleaning it out daily, sometimes 2 and 3 times a day.

Please TJ, is this a viable suggestion? Even an increase of 25 would be an improvement, though 50 more would be ideal. sad.gif

I would like a bigger inbox.

50 messages sounds like a lot, but when one is, say, running a forum game, it really isn't.

I could use a bigger inbox. I get generally, on average, I think, 5 PMs a day, most of which require replies. And it gets annoying. Really, it does. Of course, I did ask for it. *Looks at signature*

Yeah, having a bigger inbox would be really nice! >.< It fills up so fast!

A larger inbox would be heavenly. Even when I archive and delete all but my most important messages im still at around 40% dry.gif

Maybe with every level increase your inbox size would increase? That way newbies who don't post at all don't take up a lot of space with huge, empty inboxes?

This sounds like a good idea to me. I certainly don't need as much space as the mods/spriters/project runners but I still seem to be cleaning my inbox all the time, so I dread to think what it's like for them xd.png

I know this subject has been dead for a while, but I've been fighting with my inbox for months, and feel the need to bump this back to the top.

Honestly 50 messages just isn't cutting it for me, and I'm not even keeping PMs that I probably should be. Trading/gifting makes it unbelievably difficult to keep up with my inbox, and I'm cleaning it out daily, sometimes 2 and 3 times a day.

Please TJ, is this a viable suggestion? Even an increase of 25 would be an improvement, though 50 more would be ideal. sad.gif

Agreed. At times when I'm actively gifting it can often take several PMs to make arrangements and suddenly I've filled up again. A couple times I've been waiting for a response and then discovered my box was full. dry.gif That could happen even if the limit was 100 but it would sure be nice to have a little more breathing room.

Yes! Please! I'd love a bigger inbox. It fills up so fast unsure.gif

I'm so glad to know its not just me. laugh.gif

I'm in the same boat as purple. There are messages I want to hang onto, which automatically cuts out 1/4 of my inbox. 50 message limit is just so.... small.... sad.gif

Agreed! There are many messages that I have from the begining that contains invaluable info, I wouldn't know what to do if they were deleted! blink.gifsad.gif

Right as I click on this topic, I get a message and ta-da!

My messenger is nao full.

A SIGN! O_O

Agreed!  There are many messages that I have from the begining that contains invaluable info, I wouldn't know what to do if they were deleted!  blink.gif  sad.gif

Indeed, like my ARK listing!

I do not want to delete it, so it takes up room...

Then there is that spriting stuff, and the rp stuff...

And the game stuff that I may or may not get in the near future...

Edited by Ceolophysis

Oh my god, yes, please. Please for the love of god!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks!

Well, you have to look at both sides. The primary reason for the lack of inbox space, is because of the sheer number of members on this forum. To double the inbox size would double the amount of potential data space that a user can take up.

I'm in support of the idea in general, but I'm not sure how practical it may be, when a member can simply keep on emptying out their inbox. May have to do it often, but it definitely saves space.

^This. These forums are virtually identical to Invisionfree forums, as well as many other basic forum formats. It's not impossible to tweak, but you have to remember that TJ's server is only so big. We see it every holiday--the forum has so many people doing so many things at once that it outright shuts down! (or is purposely shut down until the traffic clears up)

Imagine that EVERY. DAY.

You may not want to delete your convos, especially when you have so many to keep track of, but there's a point where being a packrat is a bad thing. You may not want to delete your ARK listing PM--I know I didn't, either--but it's not like you were told who nominated you, or for what! At some point, it has to just be enough that you're listed and can put the shield, trophy, or medal in your signature.

If it's about lineage projects, and who you're breeding what for, may I recommend expanding your Notepad to Large? Or keeping track with a google site? Or on a legal pad IRL? I can personally attest to the usefulness of all three, no matter what you need the space for.