Gyps13

Increase in Inbox Size?

didn't see this, sorry! i did search for it though '3'

anyway yeah, it's one thing when you trade or gift a lot but i also get PMs on modding in addition to that.

Support.

There are just some messages I don't want to delete because I need them for the information kept inside them.

SO an Increase in PM storage would be great.

Oh I support this!

My inbox is almost always full at 98% of its capacity, beacause I just need to keep important messages as reminders.

So increasing the size would really help me a big time.

Exactly, this is by far my #1 most critical crisis at all times sad.gif

Agreed. Especially needed since whenever I want to message a user their inbox is full. >.>

Edited by Dragonwing1234

Agreed. Especially needed since whenever I want to message a user their inbox is full. >.>

Yes exactly! I usually have heaps of space left in my inbox, but that's because I delete things extremely frequently. But it's really frustrating when you're trying to PM someone and their inbox is always full.

I don't know if I missed a reply or not, but has any consideration been made toward expanding our inboxes?

I don't know if I missed a reply or not, but has any consideration been made toward expanding our inboxes?

I hope there has been consideration. Our inboxes are way too small, in my opinion. >.<

Much as I too have begged for this - I am on a forum where I have 250 slots. It's still always full... the more space you HAVE, the more you USE, in my experience...

Even though we'd all probably end up filling more spaces if more were provided in the inboxes, the extra space would allow people to go away without fear of inbox filling up. All I need to do is offer one CB stripe egg as a trade and my inbox is full within a day's time, and I usually keep it at 50% full before the trade. So it fills up the other half in a day, sometimes less. That's what makes it so hard for me to maintain.

Even though we'd all probably end up filling more spaces if more were provided in the inboxes, the extra space would allow people to go away without fear of inbox filling up. All I need to do is offer one CB stripe egg as a trade and my inbox is full within a day's time, and I usually keep it at 50% full before the trade. So it fills up the other half in a day, sometimes less. That's what makes it so hard for me to maintain.

Would it help to post it as a teleport trade link and manage the offers that way ? (Never had this happen so I have no idea !)

I would like to see our inboxes expanded, but if people clear out old sent or messages you don't need periodicly you may not need it, at least that's my case and I get like 1-2 messages a week at most.

A suggestion I would like to make: I would love to see maybe some other main options to choose from, because it might make organizing topics a little easier in my opinion. Maybe like a main thread dedicated just to, oh I don't know, lets say new released.... something. I can't think of anything, but just more stuff than news, role plays, ect. It might make finding what your looking for easier than looking through 100 pages to find something.

TJ, please consider this?

I know you've stated that you manage well, but as can be seen in this thread, the inbox situation is different for us mere mortals, lol.

Would it help to post it as a teleport trade link and manage the offers that way ? (Never had this happen so I have no idea !)

Not always. I managed to get a CB Black egg from the cave and put up a trade post with a telelink in it. My inbox exploded from people who offered IOU's.

I would like to see our inboxes expanded, but if people clear out old sent or messages you don't need periodicly you may not need it, at least that's my case and I get like 1-2 messages a week at most.

I get several messages per week due to trading, gifting and being a thread mod plus private chatting. I have to keep some of them because they are important for the moment. I can erase them once they have been dealt with but until then my inbox might reach 90%. dry.gif

Edit since Socky refurnished our posts:

Yes to bigger inboxes please? Being active shouldn't be limited imo.

Edited by CatCreature

There is a topic specifically for this (I can find it when my comp isn't about to die), but as mods have mentioned that even we, with expanded inboxes, sometimes have trouble, TJ doesn't see that an increase would do anything but take up space, as even expanded inboxes may not help.

PMs take up no space or resources at all, though. I'm friends with a forum admin of a fairly popular webseries that has 30,716 users and 1.5 million posts on it. Each user has PM space for 15,000 PMs and the entire forum totals to less than 1 GB of server space usage.

~Merged~

PMs take up no space or resources at all, though. I'm friends with a forum admin of a fairly popular webseries that has 30,716 users and 1.5 million posts on it. Each user has PM space for 15,000 PMs and the entire forum totals to less than 1 GB of server space usage.

Just went back and looked through the thread. I thought TJ had said something about space, but he did not. My apologies.

Yes. I definitely think we all need more inbox spaces, especially if you've some pms that have sentimental value and don't want to erase them for the sake of making room. I've some lovely pms from people who helped me out when I was a newbie and I don't want to erase them.

I've seen people having problems from getting several PMs a week - I may get a dozen or more in a day, when I have room and can keep up on them, but people often can't get through because my inbox is full...

As for offering trades using a teleport link instead of going the PM route, often that doesn't work because there are IOUS or eggs on cool down or wanting to offer a different trade involving the egg, but different terms and whatnot. Trades are tricky, and often they don't work with the 'as is' teleport link trade. I hover around 60-70% full on any given day, but that's only because I check in once or twice a day. The time that I was away for 2 days, my inbox went to 98% full.

I support this!

I keep old PMs to remind me of IOUs, breeding promises etc. After a while, they can take up a bit of space. I don't think my inbox has ever been less than 70% full for a while now.

Plus, deciding which PMs to delete is a little difficult.