TJ09

2023-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

57 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think you have it - Jazeki's aren't sparkling any more !

Mine still show as sparkly wings on my dark mode on mobile as of right now and I bred both. 

2 hours ago, Astral-Crescent said:

This event has completely alienated me and made me have a depressive meltdown because I cannot earn candy because all the things that give candy I cannot do due to my disabilities so I just don't get to do or have anything. This is severely ableist and I expected better out of a game this old.

I don't believe it's anyone's intention to make you feel left out, however, I would suggest that your concerns (plus how you'd like to see them addressed) be better placed in the suggestions forum. Improvements can't really be made if the specific issues aren't mentioned. It might not just be you either.

17 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

I don't believe it's anyone's intention to make you feel left out, however, I would suggest that your concerns (plus how you'd like to see them addressed) be better placed in the suggestions forum. Improvements can't really be made if the specific issues aren't mentioned. It might not just be you either.

Thees games have mostly been around a long long time ad we have a lot of players here who are disabled in many different ways. I think there may be suggestions on how to play that might help, if we know what games are the ones causing problems.

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Mine still show as sparkly wings on my dark mode on mobile as of right now and I bred both. 

When I go to your scroll they aren't sparkly at all....

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

When I go to your scroll they aren't sparkly at all....

Hmmm. Maybe we have a different understanding of sparkly? I just checked in desktop mode. Here's what I see. There are wing sparkles. I'm also on DC time.

Screenshot_20231230-131839.png

Yes, the wings are sparkly, but I think Fuzzbucket was referring to the snowflakes around the sprite version pictured below.

Spoiler

Harkfrost_adult_snowflakes.webp.32ac273cf911b66671151efab5c9270e.webp 

Picture from the wiki because I forgot to let mine grow, credit to the spriters

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

14 minutes ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

Yes, the wings are sparkly, but I think Fuzzbucket was referring to the snowflakes around the sprite version pictured below.

Hide contents

Ohhh! Yeah. Thank you for clarifying.

Cool to see a number of the new release eggs floating on the AP now! Kinda makes me wish I had made more of an effort releasing more of them. I only threw one egg myself.

55 minutes ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

Hide contents

40 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Ohhh! Yeah. Thank you for clarifying.

Exactly this ! Thanks @euphoric_poptarts

Just got my adults, and OOH they are pretty!  That tail!  I was right in guessing they'd be male...but not right in guessing they had something to do with skiing, heh. Now back to stalking AP for previous years... :P

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

I just noticed the sparkles are back on my Harkfrosts (they weren't there earlier when i saw people talking about them)

Know some have said it might be based on the moons, but is it possible its just a time mechanic (day - no sparkle, night - sparkle)?

8 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

I just noticed the sparkles are back on my Harkfrosts (they weren't there earlier when i saw people talking about them)

Know some have said it might be based on the moons, but is it possible its just a time mechanic (day - no sparkle, night - sparkle)?

Mine are sparkling now, too, and were not earlier. The only thing that has changed is the time of day, as far as I know, so it seems like it might be a night thing?

Not sure they're only sparking at winter's night or every night? Anyway just unlock the sparking's wiki, still need to wait 6h to complete the other.

ps. zombify time

Watched mine like a hawk - the glitter left them at precisely 6 am cave time.

The wall is getting really low on time. We'd better get hatching or we will end up with a Halloween repeat.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Watched mine like a hawk - the glitter left them at precisely 6 am cave time.

Watch them again at 6pm - see if they're on a 12 hour rotation or more XD

Seriously though, love that we've got another dynamic dragon on site

6 hours ago, Shokomon said:

The wall is getting really low on time. We'd better get hatching or we will end up with a Halloween repeat.

I don't think so. The eggs on the AP now were bred between 8 and 9 pm on Christmas, so less than 4 more hours of breeding time before the end. And the eggs still have about 30 hours to live, so I don't think there will be any deaths.

Exactly. I remain convinced the Hallowe'en thing was down to the extension.

Gorgeous dragons! I have a question. Are there two forms of this dragon? The encyclopedia has one still locked for me:

IMG_0162.thumb.jpeg.c06039926ca695b922337ea13b2094ae.jpeg

Yes - during the day, they are like the one you have unlocked. At night they have a few sparkly snowflakes under their bodies. Not that easy to see, but they're there.

Dragon

Awww, I love this! How pretty.:) 

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - during the day, they are like the one you have unlocked. At night they have a few sparkly snowflakes under their bodies. Not that easy to see, but they're there.

Dragon

On 12/30/2023 at 7:10 AM, Astral-Crescent said:

This event has completely alienated me and made me have a depressive meltdown because I cannot earn candy because all the things that give candy I cannot do due to my disabilities so I just don't get to do or have anything. This is severely ableist and I expected better out of a game this old.

Day 5 gave 500 candies for free. You can send an empty (undecorated) cookie to a random person and get 10 candies (though I believe you can only send one per 5 minutes)

fellas anyone else havin trouble earning candies? like i do the games an everything just fine but i dont get candies, i only got candies from three out of i think around 6 of the cookies i made and the 500 from day 5. theres also day 2 and day 8's random decorating sets that i didnt get either so im a bit confused, anyone else havint his issue? (its probably something on my end if no one else is experiencing it but ive been tryin to figure it out all week and am a bit stumped lol)