TJ09

2023-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins

In things like equestrian events and at fairs and dog shows a blue ribbon is the top prize. I think red and white are the next two, but I'm not sure. So it's not bronze, silver and gold. I don't know if that helps anyone.

Also, anyone know why there are no caveborn vampires?

Edited by Emerald01

Is there a way to delete the freeform ones we just made to see how it worked..... I have one I bitterly regret.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Is there a way to delete the freeform ones we just made to see how it worked..... I have one I bitterly regret.

LOL, same, but I'm afraid that we're stuck with them.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I wish. I'm not looking forward to having 52 copies of the same pumpkin as I try to improve my score on the more difficult ones.

1 hour ago, Emerald01 said:

Also, anyone know why there are no caveborn vampires?

They were created in 2008 as CB, and the only way they can reproduce is to bite. BUT - this means they can reproduce all year by biting eggs. Other Hallowe'en dragons can only reproduce in season. That puts them in a different "class" than other seasonals.

You can effectively get a CB by biting a CB egg - but it will show that it was bitten.

https://dragcave.net/view/CSml

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Someone got a 120 last night on a heart so it turns out it is possible, just very very difficult. TJ even poked his head in to say it was probably the first 120.

I've got a couple of hearts with 117/118 - and still the ribbon is blue.

27 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I've got a couple of hearts with 117/118 - and still the ribbon is blue.

blue with a gold medal, right?

Yes Quinney - you do know that the gold medal as a BLUE ribbon ? Red ribbon is silver.

Exciting! I hope I can manage to collect all the threats this year, and last years, lol. And I’m happy to see my treat made it, it was the third one I picked up. ☺️

just a random question since this is my first Halloween and I wasn't here the last couple years, I'm doing the Halloween Harvest but my pumpkins have been stuck as sprouts for a day, is it supposed to take them that long to grow? (I don't think it's a glitch, but I've watered them a couple times already, as seeds and sprouts, and I don't remember it taking that long for the seeds to actually sprout)

Also I like the pumpkin carving, not enough OCD to go for perfect, my highest score is 118 on the adorable kitty

Edited by bord

Still going strong with the anti-zombie setup I learned about last year 💪

Spoiler

image.png.d32212678c220586131ddcd6c155aed4.png

Edited by Draco_Sicarius

Wait, I know about the Nina FMA treat, but is this one Envy???

Spoiler

1eoh3a8.png

cause...

Gifs-full-metal-alchemist-32853707-500-2

Also to whoever made the B-12 treat, I love you!

Spoiler

1yrd7xu.gif

Edited by Alskasaur

2 hours ago, bord said:

just a random question since this is my first Halloween and I wasn't here the last couple years, I'm doing the Halloween Harvest but my pumpkins have been stuck as sprouts for a day, is it supposed to take them that long to grow? (I don't think it's a glitch, but I've watered them a couple times already, as seeds and sprouts, and I don't remember it taking that long for the seeds to actually sprout)

Also I like the pumpkin carving, not enough OCD to go for perfect, my highest score is 118 on the adorable kitty

It is possible your pumpkins don't have space to grow.
Edit: I checked your farm and it looks like that's the case. Each pumpkin needs a 4x4 space iirc.

Edited by SkyWolf25

2 hours ago, bord said:

They need space to grow, if you planted them too close together, they won't grow until you clear some space for them. Pumpkins need a 2x2 area.

1 hour ago, Alskasaur said:

Wait, I know about the Nina FMA treat, but is this one Envy???

Reveal hidden contents

1eoh3a8.png

That's a grub from Hollow Knight
3468FFCE10A72ADB403A18F4B24D59410C3E7A13

4 hours ago, RainbowTheAlbinoServal said:

blue with a gold medal, right?

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes Quinney - you do know that the gold medal as a BLUE ribbon ? Red ribbon is silver.

Ah, right - I'm an idiot!  The central colour didn't stand out to me, I thought we were talking ribbon colours.  Mystery solved and cleared!  Thanks both of you!

Someone else having problems with the Haunted Harvest?
I'm not getting coins when I harvest my crops...
Nevermind, I found out what I did wrong...

Edited by Dilly Lily

I have gold ribbons on everything now except the dragon face carving haha. This one is giving me so much trouble!

1 hour ago, blinkdog said:

I have gold ribbons on everything now except the dragon face carving haha. This one is giving me so much trouble!

Me, too!! I've tried six times, haha.