TJ09

2023-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins

41 minutes ago, MysticMusician said:

Seem to also be having issues with pumpkin carving? I've gotten golds on everyone I tried firrst try so far, but surface carving resulted in a 0, and also these 2 with full carvinh both got 0

https://dragcave.net/halloween23/pumpkin/40738

https://dragcave.net/halloween23/pumpkin/40797

https://dragcave.net/halloween23/pumpkin/40805

Oh wait. It's not just me?

I was just going to complain about this.

Screenshot_20231031-2210573.png.4c1f39c9ab47501f6b5b903effa34e8d.png

How is this zero??

Edit: Add the error here in the Help Forum: 

@MysticMusician

Edited by Shokomon

1 hour ago, topaz08 said:

I'm so disappointed that for the first time ever, I can't catch a holiday dragon egg.

Same here. I've been playing DC since it began and it is the first time I cannot catch a Halloween egg.

1 hour ago, LadyMadonna said:

Are you sure you were using the right carving option? I've just seen a friend get a zero score for the cat image and I'm pretty sure that it's because she used the Surface tool instead of the cut out version.

Yes, I definitely just did the surface version the first time -- but switched and it was still giving me a 0. Not the end of the world, I'll definitely comment in the bug thread.

Edited by Feathers

5 minutes ago, Alexiel Dragoness said:

Same here. I've been playing DC since it began and it is the first time I cannot catch a Halloween egg.

Ditto which SUCKS cause even though I missed seeing what the new egg looks like the hatchies are absolutely AMAZING looking. It’s starting to look like this’ll be the FIRST time missing the chance to snag a holiday dragon on the 31st thanks to the EVIL Lag Monster making it known that it never actually left and instead was simply biding its time before striking out at us again.

It looks like the random zero glitch has been fixed!

At least, it was for me.

Also, has the event been extended?

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Check the other news thread. TJ has extended the drop by a day! ;)

Thank you!! And TJ!

11 hours ago, Shin'a'in said:

Ditto which SUCKS cause even though I missed seeing what the new egg looks like the hatchies are absolutely AMAZING looking. It’s starting to look like this’ll be the FIRST time missing the chance to snag a holiday dragon on the 31st thanks to the EVIL Lag Monster making it known that it never actually left and instead was simply biding its time before striking out at us again.

It's been extended - don't miss out !

@TaikoYon If it's any consolation, yours is waaay prettier than mine. 

image.thumb.png.05124c75ec53b74ab4d091589368d873.png

I finally got my last blue ribbon with this.

Although I still think it's unbelievable that it was harder to win gold on the frowny Mint-like face.

I've got scores of 117/120 on a couple of pumpkins. But that is just a Blue ribbon. Is Gold reserved for 120/120 only? Doesn't matter how much care I take, I can't do better with a mouse and my laptop screen zoomed in to 500%. The red line simply refuses to appear on many of the pixels. What am I doing wrong?

34 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

I've got scores of 117/120 on a couple of pumpkins. But that is just a Blue ribbon. Is Gold reserved for 120/120 only? Doesn't matter how much care I take, I can't do better with a mouse and my laptop screen zoomed in to 500%. The red line simply refuses to appear on many of the pixels. What am I doing wrong?

If you look carefully you can see the golden heart inside the blue ;) (the blue ribbon is a gold medal, red ribbon is silver)

Question: is there any special achievement/badge for winning the blue ribbon with every single pattern?

1 hour ago, rinoa26 said:

If you look carefully you can see the golden heart inside the blue ;) (the blue ribbon is a gold medal, red ribbon is silver)

Noooo!  Wish I'd asked earlier - could have saved myself hours of frustrated angst.  Thanks, @rinoa26

Do we know when we might stop seeing treats? I'd given up on getting all the years' treats in the one week, but now I'm into 2014 and wondering if I have a chance to finish up 👀

17 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

Do we know when we might stop seeing treats? I'd given up on getting all the years' treats in the one week, but now I'm into 2014 and wondering if I have a chance to finish up 👀

According to TJ’s first post in this thread the treats will be dropping until November 11 so you should be able to collect them all. 

1 minute ago, blah said:

According to TJ’s first post in this thread the treats will be dropping until November 11 so you should be able to collect them all. 

Can't believe I missed that, but awesome news! Thank you!

Does this event increase the success of vampire bites? I'm biting some eggs right now and getting an unusually high number of successes, and I'm curious if that's just random chance going well or if it's actually boosted.