TJ09

2023-08-27 - August Dragon Release

And they keep getting cuter! I can't wait to see the adults!

I am in love with the cuddling hatchling!! So cute! 

Also, I’m quite intrigued by the unnerving one, the sprite looks promising!

Thank you spriters and TJ!

GREAT sprites so far - congratulations to everyone involved.

Sooo unlucky with trying to get even 2 of the new eggs. I got lucky and was able to get ONE, but no more. 😞 I didn't even know it was release time until early this morning. 

Edited by windchaser_1_2

9 minutes ago, windchaser_1_2 said:

Sooo unlucky with trying to get even 2 of the new eggs. I got lucky and was able to get ONE, but no more. 😞 I didn't even know it was release time until early this morning. 

Luckily an hour drop is about to hit and it can be a hit or miss with 5minute drops

Okay, upon further observation even the hourly drops for alpine and volcano are not containing camo eggs. Do we have confirmation that they are "everywhere but jungle" and not just coast, desert, and forest?

Very cool hatchies. I like the mottled color on the first and that we have another wyrm. 

is the "unnerving" egg the one people are recognizing from dr? the "camouflaged" one seems like it might have been a valentines concept/submission at some point?

anyhow, the hatchies all look amazing. i love love love the coloring and details on the cuddly hatchies, and how they're ready to pounce playfully. and the way the male "unnerving" hatchie is looking straight out is...well, unnerving! (please do not come at me with that lower jaw unhinged...)

got a few of the second type of eggs because they're only half as common as the camouflaged ones.

13 hours ago, Lushwave said:

nice

This egg is well-camouflaged. Found in all biomes, except Jungle.

It has two sprites = single nondimorphic adult.

It is biteable = will be a standard breed.

Something about this heavy egg unnerves you. Found in all biomes.

It has four sprites = dimorphic hatchlings and dimorphic adults, or nondimoprhic hatchlings/adults with color variants.

It is biteable = will be a standard breed.

How do you find out that a dragon breed has alternate sprites before the encyclopedia appears? (And the eggs all have the same appearance, not like the Terrae dragons that have variant eggs) partial edit: seems like people are really impatient enough to incubate/earthquake these dragons so was it early hatch?

@daba555 it's always best to wait a few hours until the flood of users trying to grab eggs at the beginning subsides, plus there will be tons of them in the trade hub at least.

Edited by bord

That Predator hatchie seems oddly dimorphic or glitchy. Three females and one male. 

10 minutes ago, Kith said:

Okay, upon further observation even the hourly drops for alpine and volcano are not containing camo eggs. Do we have confirmation that they are "everywhere but jungle" and not just coast, desert, and forest?

I seen a camo in alpine last night, but was fairly early in the night about an hour after release. maybe the drop rate is low in the volcano and alpine bioms

Edited by Arken

1 minute ago, bord said:

How do you find out that a dragon breed has alternate sprites before the encyclopedia appears? 

TJ has four eggs of the same type and he 'traditionally' keeps one of each form. So in case of a 'one sprite for S2 hatchling and one sprite for both adults' dragon he'll put two eggs in the announcement post. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

TJ has four eggs of the same type and he 'traditionally' keeps one of each form. So in case of a 'one sprite for S2 hatchling and one sprite for both adults' dragon he'll put two eggs in the announcement post. 

yeah, that probably makes the most sense thanks. tbh I don't check the new Thuweds or click on the sprites in the posts usually, I just forget to check news and notice the new breeds start to appear in trade hub lol

Edited by bord

Excited about this release, the hatchlings look promising. :D

Was able to snatch two of the camos and one unnerving one.

Those cuddly hatchies do indeed look very cute and cuddly, and I'm a big fan of the unnerving male hatchi sprite :D

I managed to get a pair of camouflaged eggs and one unnerving on the hourly drop, then another unnerving only at :25 - was trying to hunt for it in the jungle, but after realizing that so is everyone else I switched to Alpine and got lucky there.

Edit: And managed to get locked with one more unnerving eggy ^^

Edited by Gwathgor

Love how that second breed looks with the segmented lower jaw, cannot wait to see their adult forms!