TJ09

2023-08-27 - August Dragon Release

Finally! Thank goodness, I have my four of each!

Hope hunting becomes less frustrating for you all.

2 hours ago, Seejey said:

App!?? What app?

Not sure what they're talking about, I don't think there is one??

1 hour ago, alyelle said:

I was gonna say I'd had no luck on those either, but you just brought me some! :lol: I managed to grab another just then haha. (5 min drops used to be my go to for exactly that reason, but I noticed with the astraels that they were over in like, two seconds. Even the hourly drops seem very short - I'm sure we used to get a good couple minutes of eggs dropping at the top of the hour, but that last one was done in 30 seconds)

these drops do seem particularly swift even by NR standards- it is, of course, possible that these are uncommon or rare releases. (I'm stocking up just in case!)

2 hours ago, Seejey said:

App!?? What app?

It's not a real "app" - it's a webpage saved to the homescreen as an app, which is a function available on iphones and perhaps some androids too. It doesn't provide any different an experience than using the mobile site, except maybe making notifications more functional.

Edited by _Charky

When I tried to use the “app” the ONLY thing I could get it to do was make the alarm noise. I couldn’t get it to do ANYTHING else so I’m stuck with the annoyance of biome pages lagging in the middle of refreshing to the point of giving me “connection timed out” and the 502 error whether it’s during the ANY of the various drop times. I got one of the well camouflaged ones at the time of typing this post and I think the other one can wait until later on since it’s not even 7 am EST yet and I still haven’t managed to crash.

Wow, got a good bunch of them in one drop.

Now for the last two camouflage ones. :D

That was easy, got them 5 Minutes later. :D

Thank you for another release!

Cheers

Seriva

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

I got a couple of the camouflage ones, but I'm too tired to keep looking for the other one lol.  Good luck everyone else though!!!

Was only able to get a single one, I really hope that they won't be too difficult to get after the flood but they usually are

1 hour ago, _Charky said:

It's not a real "app" - it's a webpage saved to the homescreen as an app, which is a function available on iphones and perhaps some androids too. It doesn't provide any different an experience than using the mobile site, except maybe making notifications more functional.

Yup, Android can do that as well!

It's basically just a shortcut instead of opening your browser app of choice then navigating to the correct tab or opening a new tab to navigate to the website.  I don't see any change with the notifications, honestly.  On my device they're only really useful if I'm already on the site (only thing I use that browser for) since they don't come if the browser isn't open in the background and I close it out when done.

But it is a quick little immediately go to the website you want that can be faster, especially if for whatever reason your browser app is buried several screens deep.

6 hours ago, Wolfsong442 said:

How long until they start to mix?

4 p.m. cave time seems to have been the 'norm' for the past few releases. It's not always predictable, though. TJ likes to keep us on our toes! :)

5 hours ago, Skadi said:

It's always fun to catch a nice z code new release. Was actually here for this one, too.

Congrats!

Thank you for the new eggs, TJ and spriters!

They are going quickly, though.

*leaves brownies for everyone while she hunts*

Have been able to get only ONE thus far.

What's especially frustrating to me is the very short drop times. About 50 seconds on the hour, 5 seconds on the 5-minute drops. Used to be much longer I think.

Other players with faster connections or faster computers have way more chance to get an egg, it seems.

Ooooh the description for the unnerving egg reminds me of a proposed breed concept I saw on site!

I'd love it if that was the case but honestly? The sprite work already looks top-tier :D

Top of the hour worked for me.

Happy hunting, everyone!

Yay, thank you for the new dragons! The hatchlings look cute!
I got my sets relatively quick this time, mostly through the 5 minute drops. 😃

3 hours ago, Aurora-Silver said:

Noooo, I'm still locked xD

I’m always abandoning all my eggs if I see the nr:))

15 minutes ago, LostinEcho said:

I’m always abandoning all my eggs if I see the nr:))

I had no Eggs. I had 24 hatchies... but 2 grew up now so I grabbed 1 of each :3

What a time for my desktop to blue-screen me. ><: I have this backup laptop that's really slow. But I managed to get 4 of each somehow. I feel like one of these might be fruit-themed.

WB 

Yay, new release! I accidentally caught five "unnerving" eggs from the same biome when I'm trying to get them from different ones 🙃 I wasn't paying attention.

I really hope this drop is going to last long enough for those of us in other time zones to have a good chance of catching them. By the time I get online on a Sunday it's usually afternoon my time and a couple of hours later the new eggs stop dropping.

Would it really be too much to ask to have a 24 hour drop so we all have a reasonable chance of getting new eggs? Please?

I'm actually not seeing any camo eggs in the alpine or volcano this hour. Do they move around or something?