TJ09

2023-08-27 - August Dragon Release

Lovely Adults! 

The Peaches are so soft looking and the Jaw Splitters look really cool!

Good job spritzers!

I KNEW that there would be a release this weekend, but do you think I would have put up reminders to look?!?  Of course I didn't, and was panicking when I checked. 

Big thanks to the poster who put the egg descriptions on the first page!  Thank you for enabling me to immediately start hunting new eggs.  In the space of an hour, I managed to get both eggs.  

Congrats on the release, Odeen, Skywolf, and spatio! They're both gorgeous dergs!

These dragons are once again amazing, and the artists never seem to disappoint. Thank you, TJ, staff and Artists for another amazing release! ❤️

Edited by Syiren

I knew I would like Odeen's because she is amazing and I always like her work. But I think the wyrm is really my favorite! Thanks to all the spriters and TJ for a very satisfactory release. I was able to catch them easily in spite of being away from home and involved in family things right now.

Ahh the peach pied dragons are one of my new favorites!! And the Jaw Splitters are AWESOME looking!! I am a little concerned though... the second set of hatchies are sick... is something going to happen to them..? 

45 minutes ago, Briannakitty said:

I am a little concerned though... the second set of hatchies are sick... is something going to happen to them..? 

This is very typical of releases, as they unavoidably get a lot of attention from being part of the announcement. Announcement-posted dragons, being owned by the admin, are always protected from death by sickness at the admin's will.

Actually, looking at it now, their death timers are gone, meaning they are frozen. Frozen hatchlings cannot die of sickness.

Edited by Lushwave

They're beautiful! A fun, stress-free release, and nice to see names that don't get lost in the white noise of so many Latin names. 

Aw, love these! Glad folks had an easier time grabbing eggs this time around, too, haha.

Apologies if this has already been asked and I'm just blind in the flood; what's the total number of breeds with these two now?

Thanks TJ and artists these are really cool to look at and have interesting descriptions!

31 minutes ago, Rainsparlke said:

Apologies if this has already been asked and I'm just blind in the flood; what's the total number of breeds with these two now?

Thanks TJ and artists these are really cool to look at and have interesting descriptions!

I'm pretty sure it's 327, at least if my species count still matches DC's species count. :)

Edited by Syiren
typos.

I am gonna guess they aren’t as common as they were when they were first released. Was too busy dealing with family medical issues. I’ll get them eventually 😊

2 hours ago, Rainsparlke said:

what's the total number of breeds with these two now?

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

I'm pretty sure it's 327, at least if my species count still matches DC's species count. :)

Are these new dragons in the encyclopedia yet? Does that matter?

My count is at 327 also.

The adult sprites look adorable, and I really love the Jaw Splitter Wyrms. The way their jaw breaks into segments reminds me of snakes. Thank you to everyone involved in this wonderful new release! ♥️

I can't believe I forgot to leave a comment here OOPS. I absolutely adore both of these dragons and have been having a fieeeld day coming up with potential lineages involving these two!! I'm low-key considering collecting more of them, specifically the Jaw Splitters as they're a much welcome ~spooky feel~ to the Caves outside of Halloween season, but we'll see!

Thank you for this nice release! It's refreshing to have a simple and straight forward release and I'm glad to see they're beloved by many including me >:)

6 hours ago, Zinogre said:

I am gonna guess they aren’t as common as they were when they were first released. Was too busy dealing with family medical issues. I’ll get them eventually 😊

I have to say they were quite easy for me to find them 4 days after the initial release.  And after I had gotten all of my eggs, I was still seeing many of the eggs still being dropped.

7 hours ago, Zinogre said:

Thankfully they're still much more common than, say, the Astraels--I've seen multiple of one of the new breeds that just sort of sit in the biomes occasionally, so hopefully you'll have decent luck getting your fill!

Oh wow, it's hard to pick a favorite out of these two - The Peaches are just so adorable, and the Split-Jaws are heckin' awesome. 

I really can't wait to start some lineages with peach pieds! I have so many ideas. 😸

came back to see the adult forms and everything and I have to say "Peach Pied" dragons is one of the silliest names, I think someone really loves peach pie 😂 very sweet dragons anyway. I like the Jaw splitter dragons even more, I like to see snakey designs that aren't the AP-spam xenowyrms. I have a few of both breeds already, still slowly continuing the Astrael breeding since they're my favorite species on DC now (Staterae would be my other fav, but I hate spamming the AP with xeno eggs all the time...)

All the adults look awesome!

I am particularly excited to start some Peach Pied checkers this Halloween. They look great paired with grey, purple, teal, and black! 

Screenshot_20230830_213958.thumb.jpg.34a3130f35146b8bafe1145961982637.jpgScreenshot_20230830_213941.thumb.jpg.275009cb4b81fd4d3158af9182a1f794.jpgScreenshot_20230830_213929.thumb.jpg.d6e581dbffcc7c054b705e8dbdb05cef.jpgScreenshot_20230830_213849.thumb.jpg.4a17e47d034e6a67ab44a8539333737d.jpgScreenshot_20230830_213658.thumb.jpg.e3ef0ac444009e961e48a90a56e682a1.jpg

Peach Pies look like drakes to me. Would have looked really cute with the Honey Drakes :D But that just means more opportunities to pair them up! I like their thick, T-Rex bodies.

I really like the names for these new dragons.

Edited by HeartJacker13

5 hours ago, bord said:

came back to see the adult forms and everything and I have to say "Peach Pied" dragons is one of the silliest names, I think someone really loves peach pie 😂 very sweet dragons anyway. I like the Jaw splitter dragons even more, I like to see snakey designs that aren't the AP-spam xenowyrms. I have a few of both breeds already, still slowly continuing the Astrael breeding since they're my favorite species on DC now (Staterae would be my other fav, but I hate spamming the AP with xeno eggs all the time...)

I like the name Peach Pied. Pied as in a piebald/splotchy, and peach color. It works! :D