TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

4 minutes ago, Reykur said:

Edit:
Just realized, the volcano and non-pygmy alpine hatchies share a description. I assume that is a mistake? Because the alpine one neither has red eyes nor wings. ^^°

Yes this has been noted and the Alpine egg is incorrect, it'll get resolved soon :)

Aarghh! Seven new releases and only three slots available! Why do I play this game? I need a life! Oh wait, we're coming up to a drop... I'm going in!

Managed to get 4 of the new eggs - desert, volcano, forest, and the red stone one (really lucky that I happened to be hunting in the coast right when it switched to there :D). Now waiting for a bit for some of my hatchies to grow up before I try to hunt for the others.

I wonder, since that Matrix egg sorts between Silver and Sinii Krai... Maybe the name's something with/similar to "simulation"?

I got some blue sonatas before I realized it was the DC birthday, lol Hey, are the rotating on the hour ones based on the hunger games? There seems to be a sci-fi theme happening, haha                                                                                                                     .

2 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Yes this has been noted and the Alpine egg is incorrect, it'll get resolved soon :)

thanks ❤️

There have been theories about the theme... the green-flecked one being Matrix, the red stone that moves biomes Borg... the desert hatchie had a theory for it, but looking at it, I'm thinking Dune.  The Coast is my favorite so far.  

1 minute ago, egwenna said:

There have been theories about the theme... the green-flecked one being Matrix, the red stone that moves biomes Borg... the desert hatchie had a theory for it, but looking at it, I'm thinking Dune.  The Coast is my favorite so far.  

It's a gorgeous hatchling, I think it's my favorite, too.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the new eggs and wonderful sprites! :) I wonder whether the wandering egg may be a reference to Stargate. The red stone could be the activation button of a DHD? The "liquid tail" of the hatchie could be the wormhole vortex? Hm... 

Red stone:

0-1 coast, 1-2 forest, 2-3 volcano, 3-4 jungle, 4-5 alpine, 5-6 forest, 6-8 jungle, 8-9 forest, 9-11 jungle, 11-12 coast, 12-13 desert.

Finally desert! So it can appear in all biomes. Go sleep :)

ps. I suggest to take them first because you would not want to play hide and seek with them after the egg mixed. XD

sorts between Spotted Greenwing and Stone... star xx?

Edited by D-wing

The only one I need now is the red stone. I think it's the hunger games ticking clock, that moves every hour to a new zone.

sigh, lol...  Just bred 3 Aeon's...🤥  anyway,

Happy Birthday, DC, and many MANY more!!!  

Got it! Now I can finally rest, OMG 45 more minutes the red stone will be in the DESERT! How we will find it when all the other eggs start dropping too I have NO idea.

I managed to snag a bunch of red stones when i realized there was a drop so i hope to trade them for some of the ones i know im missing.

Super excited to catch all of these new dergs! Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! 

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There seem to be two types of male pygmy hatchies.. and no female -  that can't be right....

https://dragcave.net/view/HorMh and  https://dragcave.net/view/uXL9J  - both all jewelly and brightening up for mana and that....

Maybe there actually isn't dimorphism, just two random variants like nebulas?

Oh - yeah that could work. Waits anxiously for a female to show up !

All; four vibrants are female, too.... suggest no dimorphism there either ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

TJ will likely fix the genders with his all-powerful powers! XD

33 minutes ago, saltywench said:

The only one I need now is the red stone. I think it's the hunger games ticking clock, that moves every hour to a new zone.

While a good guess, that would imply a pattern. So far there isn't one with these eggs.

I actually managed to catch this NR drop before the flood ended, wheeee! 🥳 Happy birthday DragCave!

Didn't catch 'em all - but have a few pairs, and 5 out of the 7 - good enough for me. 

I'm loving this theme. I recognized the Matrix egg right from the start - that pattern was my first desktop screensaver in college!  (Yes, I'm that old.) 🤪