TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

Is there any pattern to where the red stone eggs move to? Not seeing them anywhere since Alpine.

Edit: Just caught one from the Desert.

Edited by SheridanCharon

33 minutes ago, Rainsparlke said:

update update now that we have stage two and I can ask spouse their opinions 😆. "low hum" Dune sandworm. "washed up" Abyss (also we like the idea of Ponyo but doesn't quite fit the theme). "glows vibrantly" still gonna say Tron until the description glitch is fixed. "bright flecks" Matrix. "red stone" now I'm thinking Terminator again or the replicators from Stargate. "blue stripe" only thing I can think of is Jurassic Park like others but I still don't think that quite fits. "crystals" stickingn with our Kyber and fox Star Wars ideas.

I saw someone suggesting Godzilla for the "chirps and breathes fire" one, which I think fits? I'm def not up with my Godzilla lore though

5 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

Is there any pattern to where the red stone eggs move to? Not seeing them anywhere since Alpine.

I don't think there's a pattern, but if you want to try hunting for it in the last drops this hour, I just saw it in desert.

E: ^Godzilla imo fits way better than Jurassic Park. Granted, I don't know much about Jurassic Park, but I somehow doubt there are any dinosaurs there that breathe fire.

Edited by Gwathgor

i wish these new releases lasted longer but i managed to get 1 of each atleast, phew.

5 minutes ago, Gwathgor said:

I don't think there's a pattern, but if you want to try hunting for it in the last drops this hour, I just saw it in desert.

E: ^Godzilla imo fits way better than Jurassic Park. Granted, I don't know much about Jurassic Park, but I somehow doubt there are any dinosaurs there that breathe fire.

They threw a torch into a dino's mouth in the last movie and it sort of roared fire if you want to make that stretch lol.

Seems like hunting should be less frantic now, currently all the biomes still have 3+ eggs, almost 3 minutes after the full hour.

Also, a heads up to anyone who needs the red stone egg - it's in jungle this hour.

Edited by Gwathgor

Now is a great time to grab them; the 3 o'clock drop is still going at 4+ minutes after the hour.

ETA: It just ended, but now there's the 3:05 drop.

Edited by missy_

9 hours ago, alyelle said:

These are a permanent release, so they'll always be in the cave for you to find :) The initial "flood" of eggs for new releases generally lasts around 10-15 hours from what I've seen over my years of playing, though that can vary a bit (and sometimes it's easier for to catch things after the flood, depending on rarity).

I have but one word for you: Staterae

I have never, ever, not even once seen one of those in the cave. Not when they were supposed to have dropped, not since.

3 hours ago, Kaini said:

Going to remind everyone again that this is a permanent release - they aren't going anywhere and you have plenty of time to collect them! Collecting is the name of the game, if we all had the eggs beamed onto our scroll day one, where would the fun be?

Stats are a permanent release, too, and the average player's only hope of ever getting one is "spend almost an entire year maxing your shards every week without fail to buy one from the market" (well, over a year now but hopefully after the release they'll come back down to under 5.2k).  Golds are also a permanent release and I have literally not seen a single CB one in the cave for years so if I want more my only real hope is getting them out of the market.  They're out there, sure, people get them.  But they're not exactly things you can just catch in cave without insane amounts of luck.  Various other dragons that aren't priced as rares are difficult to find in the cave though they're at least cheap in the market--but we have no telling if that'll be the case here or not.

I think it's a very reasonable thing to be frustrated at being unable to grab them all at release considering the sheer number of breeds we have, many of which become a challenge to try and collect more of once the flood stops.  We have no way of knowing right now if these'll be super common, if they'll be rarer, or if they'll all but vanish from the caves once the flood ends.  Same as every release, but it gets more frustrating and thus players get more annoyed in cases where even a platinum trophy player can't get all the sprites and has to pray they make the right choice in what they grab.

Though addressing that would be for another topic, one of the many in suggestions to try and address the issue of dragons being ridiculous to try and obtain at times.

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave! Looks like these eggs will keep me busy for a while! ❤️

1 minute ago, Ravensilver said:

I have but one word for you: Staterae

I have never, ever, not even once seen one of those in the cave. Not when they were supposed to have dropped, not since.

Same.  Both of mine came from the market, which meant delaying buying anything I needed for lineages for almost 2 years to get them.  😕

Anyone who is still looking for eggs, I highly recommend hunting now. The biomes are not as crowded, the last hourly drop lasted over four minutes, and the five-minute drops are lasting longer.

omg Happy Birthday  :D

thanks for so many eggs

7 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Though addressing that would be for another topic, one of the many in suggestions to try and address the issue of dragons being ridiculous to try and obtain at times.

This is my only request - take it to the Suggestions section, please. That is where it belongs and you are welcome to express your frustrations (in a polite and respectful way) there. But this thread is for the release, and it isn't fair to the people who worked very hard on it to express those here. 

Further negativity on the subject of breed rarity / length of floods will be removed. Take it to suggestions.

Edited by Kaini

6 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Anyone who is still looking for eggs, I highly recommend hunting now. The biomes are not as crowded, the last hourly drop lasted over four minutes, and the five-minute drops are lasting longer.

Yup, I agree. Plus, the red stone eggs are in the jungle right now, so it's easier to get them then when they are in the same biome as one of the other eggs.

Edited by Gwathgor

I'm just posting a total guess but if the humming desert worm is from Dune, could it be an Arrakis worm or something similar?

And Happy Birthday!

Edited by ealbiest

14 hours ago, PokeCat said:

Me when only silver trophy and there are 7 eggs... 

Anyway got most of them, missing desert and coast one (not the washed up on beach one).

Happy birthday DC! Here's to my first time (I think?) being here for the birthday!

Same friend! I can totally relate! That's why I'm trying to get more Pink and Purple dragons so I can not only get closer to getting the gold trophy, but also to make things easier when it comes to breeding to get hybrids and getting specific genders. LOL!

Wow look at all those dragons!! 😍 I can't wait to start hunting!

(On a side note, I was 100 shards away from getting my market stat, and now 5500 shards!!?? NOoooo)

25 minutes ago, AmaNoGawa said:

Wow look at all those dragons!! 😍 I can't wait to start hunting!

(On a side note, I was 100 shards away from getting my market stat, and now 5500 shards!!?? NOoooo)

It will go down again after the release. :)

@Kaini Congrats, that glow-in-the-dark hatchie looks really cute. 😸

In fact they're all fantastic, as expected, and I'm excited to see the adults in a few days. Most likely I won't recognise any references because I don't know much about scifi, but I will still enjoy these for sure. Thanks and congrats to other artists as well!

(I finally got some eggs for myself and hopefully I'll find the rest later. Sunday well spent, time to catch some z's now.)

2 minutes ago, Tiira said:

@Kaini Congrats, that glow-in-the-dark hatchie looks really cute. 😸

Thank you ;; I'm really happy! @spatio heavy lifted on the cute though!

I'm always late to these drops these days...

Was pretty east to grab 'em, at least.

Edited by Queenofdragons6

I FINALLY managed to snag all but the one with the flecks in the volcano biome. Good thing they’re a permanent release batch cause I’m now egg locked with the new ones until one of them hatches. TJ & the creators of the BEAUTIFUL sprites =  😎  🥳

Just a heads up - there was a regular egg in the jungle just now, along with the red dots.