TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

Hmmm... can't sure the pygmy are random/bsa/breed alt or other. I think I will left 1 pygmy egg until we get the answer. I hope it is a CB more but anyway I like all the dragons. XD 

Have I mentioned I love the preview image? It's so fun. I'm a big fan of classic sci-fi though 😂

Eggs are still dropping regularly! I missed the release and still picked up one of each without having to wait for the 5 minute drop - only one biome had old eggs (I don't remember which). Thanks for the wonderful release guys! Super excited to see the adults!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

The redstone does truly seem to be random, like the rifts. It was in the alpine from 7 - 8 a.m. today but was in the jungle at that time yesterday.

Oop. Glad I grabbed two when I had the chance. That's less time I'll have to spend searching for these.

I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the dragons will have something to do with Ark, xenomorphs or that one deep sea game with leviathans that I can't remember the name of XD

21 minutes ago, ShadowMistaken said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the dragons will have something to do with Ark, xenomorphs or that one deep sea game with leviathans that I can't remember the name of XD

ohhh subnautica? That may be a good call actually! Would love if that turns out to be the coast dragon inspiration :D

Got lucky last night...  My Aeon's hatched and I was able to complete the set of all seven Birthday Eggs, including two Red Stones!!! 😲  Thank you TJ and Spriters...

47 minutes ago, Reykur said:

ohhh subnautica? That may be a good call actually! Would love if that turns out to be the coast dragon inspiration :D

I had another possibility "Water world" (especially with the movies all being older Sci-fi from 80's-90's). But Subnautica would be cool too!

Happy birthday Dragon Cave! :) 

Good luck everyone! These seem like interesting new species! 
I’ll be able to get the last of the NRs in just 2 more hours, after my Asaatarus hatches… I’ve been trying to catch a CB one for a while, so I’d rather wait it out than abandon it! 

Edited by Sonagon

I just realized I never said Happy Birthday, so HAPPY BIRTDAY, DC!

I want my eggs to hatch already!

Also, any more theories as to what the eggs are based on? 

I've seen this in the Discord:

Spoiler

Pygmies - Star Wars or Matrix

Dark egg - Matrix or Terminator

Low Hum egg - Dune or Tremors,

Washed Up egg - The Abyss, Avatar, or Waterworld

Blue Stripe egg - Jurassic Park or Godzilla,

Black with Blue lines egg - Tron,

Red Stone egg - Star Trek, Hal from Space Odyssey, or Star Gate

Edited by Shokomon
Adding guesses

58 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I just realized I never said Happy Birthday, so HAPPY BIRTDAY, DC!

I want my eggs to hatch already!

Also, any more theories as to what the eggs are based on? 

I've seen this in the Disocord:

Hide contents

Pygmies - Star Wars or Matrix,

Dark egg - Terminator,

Low Hum egg - Dune or Tremors,

Washed Up egg - The Abyss,

Blue Stripe egg - Jurassic Park or Godzilla,

Black with Blue lines egg - Tron

I think that the glowing green egg that hatched into the grey dragon with red eyes is the Matrix. It looks like the robots from the movie to me by having the multiple red eyes and grey scales. 

@Shokomon That absolutely makes sense. (The Discord thing mentioned)

The red stone egg I found dropped randomly at the same time in every biome from what I saw. I was able to snag two of it. One from the Forest and the other from the Alpine. I am egg locked with one of each of all the others. I can't believe I have been playing this game almost as long as it has been around. I remember when there was just a handful of different eggs and my have things changed!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE and Happy Hunting everyone!!!!

35 minutes ago, oOVacatedWisperOo said:

I think that the glowing green egg that hatched into the grey dragon with red eyes is the Matrix. It looks like the robots from the movie to me by having the multiple red eyes and grey scales. 

Added!

Anything for the wandering Red Stone one, y'all?

Edit: Speaking of, they have taken over the desert now. Go get your eggs!

Edited by Shokomon

I cannot wait to see what the adults of the 6 eyed hatchlings look like. They look almost robo-ish to me. 

Edit: Glad others have noticed this too. Lol. I'm super excited. 

Edited by Throned

Omg I missed this, happy (late) bday DC!

Time to go egg hunting haha! And Sci-Fi theme sounds awesome :) 

Happy Birthday DC! Here's to another 17 awesome years!

This was what was discussed a couple days ago regarding theories on eggs and hatchlings:

Water is Abyss or Avatar, due to its water-like attributes. Abyss is the older example so that is probably it. 

Sand/Hum is Dune, the sandworms. 

The dark egg with green flecks is certainly Matrix. The machine-like look with the matrix code being in the wings, and the dragon's body being colored similarly and its six red eyes. Even its tail looks similar to the mechanical tendrils. 

Red Stone we all discussed as being the Star Trek reference or Hal (Space Odyssey) due to its love of exploring new places and moving through the biomes. However, as it has gendered, some said Star Gate could be it as well due to the liquid alterations on the hatchling, and that being in the likeness to the gates in that series/movie.  I also saw Terminator early on with this one too. All are older science fiction that may fit, but that is one that has been stumping people otherwise. 

Glowing egg and hatchling is Tron. Everyone pretty much agreed on that one. 

Blue streak egg is Jurassic Park, reminiscent color of the special raptor "Blue" or possibly Godzilla as of gendering due to gaining its plate-fins and breathing fire being more fitting to that. 

Star Wars are likely the pygmys, as there are multiple colors of kyber crystals. The hatchling is also "mana-sensitive" which can be attributed to be similar to "force-sensitive" individuals. 

Remember that it's possible we see multiple references in one breed too! Can't wait to see them grow up. 

Edited by AzureZeroX

11 minutes ago, AzureZeroX said:

This was what was discussed a couple days ago regarding theories on eggs and hatchlings:

Water is Abyss or Avatar, due to its water-like attributes. Abyss is the older example so that is probably it. 

Sand/Hum is Dune, the sandworms. 

The dark egg with green flecks is certainly Matrix. The machine-like look with the matrix code being in the wings, and the dragon's body being colored similarly and its six red eyes. Even its tail looks similar to the mechanical tendrils. 

Red Stone we all discussed as being the Star Trek reference or Hal (Space Odyssey). However, as it has gendered, some said Star Gate could be it as well due to the liquid alterations on the hatchling, and that being in the likeness to the gates in that series/movie. All are older science fiction that may fit, but that is one that has been stumping people otherwise. 

Glowing egg and hatchling is Tron. Everyone pretty much agreed on that one. 

Blue streak egg is Jurassic Park, reminiscent color of the special raptor "Blue" or possibly Godzilla as of gendering due to gaining its plate-fins and breathing fire being more fitting to that. 

Star Wars are likely the pygmys, as there are multiple colors of kyber crystals. The hatchling is also "mana-sensitive" which can be attributed to be similar to "force-sensitive" individuals. 

Remember that it's possible we see multiple references in one breed too! Can't wait to see them grow up. 

Updated! Thank you!

I want the adults so bad now. 

57 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Updated! Thank you!

I want the adults so bad now. 

Abyss isn't a bad idea either, though I'm still sticking with Waterworld.