TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

Red stone:

0-1 coast, 1-2 forest, 2-3 volcano, 3-4 jungle, 4-5 alpine, 5-6 forest, 6-8 jungle, 8-9 forest.

It's travel to forest this hour! LoL its like trees?

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

*sets out brownies for everyone*

I've ended up with two red dots from the forest as I can't actually see the descriptions on mobile when I first get to a page. I'll have to do the alpine ones first then try the forest egg when the red dot moves elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Can we please have our egg slots increased if we're gonna have releases this large? 8 slots doesn't cut it when this many new breeds drop.

Just now, tyto_alba said:

Can we please have our egg slots increased if we're gonna have releases this large? 8 slots doesn't cut it when this many new breeds drop.

They are a permanent release - you have all the time to collect them! You're welcome to head over to suggestions/requests though, I think there are a few threads for upping the limit / adding trophies. 

Happy birthday, DC! 🥳

Interesting theme, I'm so curious to see what all these hatchlings grow into.

8 hours ago, KageSora said:

Urgh, I was hoping we could move away from "releases so dang big it's impossible to get m/f pairs of all of them even if you have maximum trophy slots so you better HOPE you make the right choices on what to pick up and that nothing becomes super scarce post-release"...

Have to say I agree with this. I was really hoping this birthday release would be just a few new breeds and some quality of life updates, especially so soon after the Sonata release with the puzzle of how to get all the different colors and how the eclipse mechanic works.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

*sets out brownies for everyone*

I've ended up with two red dots from the forest as I can't actually see the descriptions on mobile when I first get to a page. I'll have to do the alpine ones first then try the forest egg when the red dot moves elsewhere. :rolleyes:

The alpine is the only one with 2, I think! I hope you can get what you need!

24 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Finally got a Volcano egg - now I have one of each.

Missed seeing most of the eggs in the post, which are the two with dimorphism (gonna get an extra of one of those)?

The desert egg and the pygmy (alpine) should be the ones.
The red dot eggs that travel biome have not yet appeared in the desert and the alpine has two of the new eggs spawning anyways, one being the pygmies, plus potentially the travelling egg.

For anyone unsure who is not afraid of potential spoilers that get added: the wiki current release page has all the sprites images we know so far. :)
That is usually my way to go when I miss the egg stages due to sleeping hours/work/whatever. And then I make a note with all the biomes so I actually have a clue where to egghunt. ^^

I accidently grabbed a second of the new Pygmy egg...is there a way I can give it to someone?

1 minute ago, C2C4EVER said:

I accidently grabbed a second of the new Pygmy egg...is there a way I can give it to someone?

As soon as it is off cooldown if you have a magi dragon/can use trades you can set one up to see if anyone wants to swap for another egg you'd prefer :)

Just now, C2C4EVER said:

You could always trade it away if you have a teleport available (Magi Dragon BSA.) On the trading hub, you can see if anyone is looking for a pygmy egg.

1 minute ago, C2C4EVER said:

Trading Hub when it cools down, or watch this thread and gift it to someone having trouble catching.

We've had 7-egg releases before for DC's birthday, hasn't the flood gone on for over 24 hours?  I don't think we'll get the egg-mix at 4 pm as with a normal release.  Hope not!

Sudden ghastly thought - maybe the travelling egg has different adult sprites according to the biome it was caught in. PLEASE let the fact that TJ doesn't have 12 eggs mean that that's not so.... :blink:

23 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

The alpine is the only one with 2, I think! I hope you can get what you need!

Got one of each now, and

two red dots. ;)

7 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

We've had 7-egg releases before for DC's birthday, hasn't the flood gone on for over 24 hours?  I don't think we'll get the egg-mix at 4 pm as with a normal release.  Hope not!

We had seven last year too with the adventurers. I don't recall how long the main drop lasted.

Thank you, TJ, for hosting Dragon Cave for so long, and spriters, for all your lovely dragons! :D

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Sudden ghastly thought - maybe the travelling egg has different adult sprites according to the biome it was caught in. PLEASE let the fact that TJ doesn't have 12 eggs mean that that's not so.... :blink:

oh nah nah naahhhh pls no

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

THAT IS SCARY! Why would you suggest such a truely unsettling thing? *shivers*

But I'm pretty sure TJ would have the according number of eggs/hatchies if that were the case. Unless his are different because they have "cave" as biome and the sprites for cave/market are different yet. Which still makes no sense to not have all the other sprites.

The mechanic would be kinda cool actually for a different release with just one dragon type in general. Give us a rainbow of sprites for different biomes as a pride dragon pretty please! ❤️

57 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Red stone:

0-1 coast, 1-2 forest, 2-3 volcano, 3-4 jungle, 4-5 alpine, 5-6 forest, 6-8 jungle, 8-9 forest.

It's travel to forest this hour! LoL its like trees?

It's back in Jungle now 9-10

Happy birthday DC! 

3 minutes ago, Fandom Addict said:

It's back in Jungle now 9-10

Happy birthday DC! 

Yes! Seem like they hate desert and love plants. Environmental friendly. XD

Red stone:

0-1 coast, 1-2 forest, 2-3 volcano, 3-4 jungle, 4-5 alpine, 5-6 forest, 6-8 jungle, 8-9 forest, 9-10 jungle.

Edited by D-wing

8 minutes ago, Reykur said:

THAT IS SCARY! Why would you suggest such a truely unsettling thing? *shivers*

But I'm pretty sure TJ would have the according number of eggs/hatchies if that were the case. Unless his are different because they have "cave" as biome and the sprites for cave/market are different yet. Which still makes no sense to not have all the other sprites.

The mechanic would be kinda cool actually for a different release with just one dragon type in general. Give us a rainbow of sprites for different biomes as a pride dragon pretty please! ❤️

Because it SCARED me when it occurred to me.... 

5 hours ago, AzureZeroX said:

Is there a Star Wars egg? That is the most infamous science fiction out there. A lightsaber inspired dragon or one off Kyber Crystals would be interesting. The pygmy maybe? 

I think so, or Crystal foxes.

I also think the chirpy one is Jurassic Park. The sand-swimmer is clearly Dune.

17 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Red stone:

0-1 coast, 1-2 forest, 2-3 volcano, 3-4 jungle, 4-5 alpine, 5-6 forest, 6-8 jungle, 8-9 forest, 9-10 jungle.

Hmm. Is it possible it's random? No pattern at all?

7 minutes ago, Stormfriend said:

I think so, or Crystal foxes.

I also think the chirpy one is Jurassic Park. The sand-swimmer is clearly Dune.

Jurassic Park...that would make sense. How did I forget that one? It is also science fiction and would fit with the theme. Look at the blue marking on it, it reminds one of the special raptor "Blue" from the later movies. 

If that is the case then: 
Washed up/Blue hatchling - ???
Hum/Sand lover - Dune 
"Matrix Egg"/Six red eyes watching everything that moves - Matrix, the machines 
"Red Stone"/Loves traveling to new places - Star Trek and/or Hal, Space Odyssey
"Tron egg"/Incorrect description - Tron
"Blue stripe"/Chirpy hatchling - Jurassic Park 
"Kyber Egg"/Mana sensitive - Star Wars  

Edited by AzureZeroX

Just now, AzureZeroX said:

Jurassic Park...that would make sense. How did I forget that one? It is also science fiction and would fit with the theme. Look at the blue marking on it, it reminds one of the special raptor "Blue" from the later movies. 

Yeah, that’s what sold it for me.