TJ09

2023-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 17th Birthday!

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Just a heads up - there was a regular egg in the jungle just now, along with the red dots.

Yep, I came to post the same.

That said--the others were jammed with the new eggs--3 each in most biomes, not 1 new, 2 old etc., so hopefully folks will have luck this afternoon and evening. :) 

Oops!  Wait--the biomes are empty!  Maybe the flood is still one, and new eggs were in Jungle just because they don't have a new egg other than red stone!

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Where are the red dots now?

Oop didn't see that post above mine.

Edited by Oddsoxdi

I still need the Red stone one and the low hum one... But I only have space for one! Ugh...

Just have to say that I'm loving these new eggs and am looking forward to watching them develop into fun new dragons!  Thank you SO MUCH to TJ for providing us with this amazing game, and to the marvelous spriters that developed these wonderful dragons: Hawaiianbabidoll, JOTB, Kaini, Spatio, Shenanigans, Kennon, TCA and any others who may have worked on these (adult dragon spriters are not yet listed). Without these people we would have no game. 💕💕

I've been here just under two years so this is just my second anniversary release. I see people get so frustrated at the difficulties catching the new eggs and this is how I deal with it. I set an alarm for one minute before the next hourly release, then I surf online or read or watch TV. I realize that for me - being in Alaska - it's a bit easier as these releases start at 8 p.m. Saturday (Alaska is four hours behind DC time).  But getting frustrated isn't going to catch any more eggs, and my internet is not top-line by any means (at least I'm not on dial-up anymore ..😂). So I let go of the frustration and when I come back it's usually easier to catch what I want.  Right now eggs are much easier to catch than those first few hours. I've never seen any benefit to being the first to catch eggs.

Last year we had six new eggs in the biomes and one unknown (summoned by the others - Scourgekeeper). Those six eggs are still easily found in the caves. I think now is a time to enjoy and be excited for the new offerings, and later on if there's a problem it can be addressed.  Let's have FUN with our new critters! 😁

Okay, so hatchlings have gendered. 

The Water one is looking to be Abyss, or maybe Avatar then based on what I see? 
Dune is still the reference on the sand one
Matrix hatchling, machine-like body and matrix-pattern wings 
The traveling one could now be star gate or terminator with that new gendering process? 
Tron is pretty obvious. 
I do see Godzilla possibly being the blue stripe instead, especially with the fins and armored plates now.  
Kyber crystals (Star Wars) or crystal foxes, there are red and blue variants. 

We also have a possibility of one hatchling representing multiple science fiction media. Now all that's left is to see them grow up. Cannot wait. 

Edited by AzureZeroX

WAIT I HAVE ROOM FOR THE LAST ONE! HA! 

I just need the low hum one now~ ❤️ Yesh~

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Eh...I disagree, happens a lot, nearly every month. :) 

I think you're talking about something different. What happens almost every month is we get a breed with dimorphism, and TJ's dragons gender the same (because it's random), showing two of the same sprite instead of the two different ones. Then they get changed later.

What's happening now is we have two males with different sprites, and two females with different sprites. If this is meant to be male/female dimorphism, then some dragons have been assigned mismatched sprites and genders. That would be an actual mistake rather than the expected random genders, but with the correct sprites. If it's not a mistake, it's likely that there are two variants without dimorphism, meaning the pygmy with blue crystals can be both male and female and the pygmy with red crystals can also be male and female. 

Edited by MissK.

I'm usually pretty good at grabbing eggs ... When/IF they are dropping, None in all biomes for hours. Is there something I'm missing?

1 minute ago, MissK. said:

I think you're talking about something different. What happens almost every month is we get a breed with dimorphism, and TJ's dragons gender the same (because it's random), showing two of the same sprite instead of the two different ones. Then they get changed later.

What's happening now is we have two males with different sprites, and two females with different sprites. If this is meant to be male/female dimorphism, then some dragons have been assigned the wrong sprite with the wrong gender. That would be an actual mistake rather than the expected random genders. If it's not a mistake, it's likely that there are two variants without dimorphism, meaning the pygmy with blue crystals can be both male and female and the pygmy with red crystals can also be male and female. 

Agree it is more likely that there is no dimorphism, and we just have two variants, a blue or red crystal pygmy.  What we also don't yet know is how it is determined. If it is random or if there is a mechanic. Will be interesting to see. 

@Protector_of_Dragons You have to be there right at the top of the hour and at the 5 minute marks when the eggs refresh in the caves (xx:05, xx:10, etc.) The drops are lasting longer now (I timed one as long as 30 seconds earlier today). Hopefully you should see them and be able to catch some then.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

The crystals seem to be based on Tron, red and blue team, so male and female in both colors, more like an alt color. So diff not a glitch, they're not gender dimorphic, they're team red and team blue lol.

PS: my crystal egg is red, has anyone got crystals that are blue? Just wondering if the eggs will show it like the hatchies.

Edited by Arken

7 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

@Protector_of_Dragons You have to be there right at the top of the hour and at the 5 minute marks when the eggs refresh in the caves (xx:05, xx:10, etc.) The drops are lasting longer now (I timed one as long as 30 seconds earlier today). Hopefully you should see them and be able to catch some then.

Yeah, I tried that late last night and again this afternoon. Biome after biome with the "You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found." message.  Frustrating. Thanks, though.

Edited by Protector_of_Dragons

6 minutes ago, Arken said:

The crystals seem to be based on Tron, red and blue team, so male and female in both colors, more like an alt color. So diff not a glitch, they're not gender dimorphic, they're team red and team blue lol.

PS: my crystal egg is red, has anyone got crystals that are blue? Just wondering if the eggs will show it like the hatchies.

Thanks for that info, makes a lot of sense! (I know nothing about Tron lol)

Pretty sure all TJ's eggs looked the same before they hatched.

Edited by MissK.

3 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Your best bet to get eggs during the active release is on the hour (12, 1, 2, 3, etc.) They tend to have the longest drops, so you will have an easier time to grab them.  

But yeah, it's really hard to get eggs during the beginning of a release, especially if you miss the initial flood. Sorry about that. 

thank you for the tip, it helped me to get one of each so really thanks a lot

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

It's still going! The best time to nab them is on the hourly drop; you have to use some sort of clock with a second hand though, and be there right when it starts. I am a slow catcher, and I managed to catch one of each. There are also some showing up at the five-minute drops.

Try on the hour; you might have better luck, although I have been seeing some eggs at the five-minute drops, which is encouraging! 

As the faster catchers get their eggs and become locked, it makes it easier for the rest of us to nab some. 

thank you, it really helped

21 minutes ago, Protector_of_Dragons said:

Yeah, I tried that late last night and again this afternoon. Biome after biome with the "You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found." message.  Frustrating. Thanks, though.

During a new release, the eggs will ONLY drop beginning at the top of the hour 0:00:00 to between 30 seconds at 00:00:30 to 00:03:00 to 00:04:00 (in other words, between 30 seconds after the hour up to 3 to 4 minutes after the hour) and it is getting to those longer times now (up to three minutes after the hour, say) since many have grabbed their eggs-- and also the five-minute drops which drop at 00:05:00 to roughly 00:05:30 or to even longer times now that many people have already grabbed their eggs. 

I am literally one of the slowest catchers in existence and I have one of each egg, and I swear if I can do it, anyone can do it. But you have to time it precisely, using seconds, and if you do not, you will miss every drop.

Happy birthday, DC, and thank you for the presents! ^_^

The six-eyed fella scares me a little. XD

56 minutes ago, MissK. said:

What's happening now is we have two males with different sprites, and two females with different sprites. If this is meant to be male/female dimorphism, then some dragons have been assigned mismatched sprites and genders. That would be an actual mistake rather than the expected random genders, but with the correct sprites. If it's not a mistake, it's likely that there are two variants without dimorphism, meaning the pygmy with blue crystals can be both male and female and the pygmy with red crystals can also be male and female. 

I understand, I went back and looked, I think you are right. :) 

I was late to the party but I snagged one of each! Only had to abandon less important eggs I had just picked up this morning unknowingly

2 hours ago, laevsk said:

and this is how I deal with it.

Always good to have a plan.

I like to review descriptions between the 5 minute drops, gains me shards, and does something helpful for the site and mods who have to slog through them.

Just caught a red stone in the alpine. Have one of each now :D

1 hour ago, Joya said:

thank you for the tip, it helped me to get one of each so really thanks a lot

thank you, it really helped

Glad I could help!

Red Stone in the Desert!

Edited by Shokomon

5 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Just caught a red stone in the alpine. Have one of each now :D

Red stone switched to Desert.

Almost all of them. I just need a Jungle baby...or are they everywhere?

Or is there just seven eggs?

Edited by Firebirdwyvern

16 minutes ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

There are seven eggs. The red stone one jumps biomes and doesn't seem to have any pattern to it. There's a good post on the first page detailing where everything else is. ;)

18 minutes ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

The only one in the jungle is the red stone that travels between biomes.  See the second post on p. 1 for info! :)